PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for GREE on improvements to KA

Vachau
09-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Too many good people are leaving this game. They are finding it to be too much of a grind, too difficult to win without paying, or they are frustrated with GREE in general. We should help GREE find ways to keep their customers and make them happy. More profits will come with a happy user base.

These are suggestions for GREE on how to improve KA from a user perspective. Let's keep the usual complaints (bugs, lack of communication, slow reply to tickets, over 2 bil hp to kill a boss, etc) out of this and be constructive.

Following is not a complete list of items, but what I consider to be the highlights of topics mentioned in the replies below. There are also more details below about most of these items in this thread and others.

Things GREE can do to make this game better:

Create a co-leader position between the Founder and Officers http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?66736-Co-Leader-Position
Allow us to search and/or sort our allies, so we can find people easily
One Conquest per month or every 4 weeks
Create a page identifying your top 1500 units both offensively and defensively
Add a mass message button so all members can be messaged from guild chat wall
Create some defense buildings that ACTUALLY defend your buildings
Fix the war matching system so that teams outside the Top 200 at the moment are not matched with Top 10 teams.
Leveling up is seen as a negative these days. Change the system somehow to make leveling up beneficial.
Create a button that collects all gold with one touch. iPhone screens are small.
Create a formula for earning CP that makes sense and can be predicted.
Increase the level cap. http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?69094-Time-to-increase-the-level-cap
Create new buildings
Make it more difficult to accidentally use gems. Perhaps create an "Are you sure?" or confirmation button when you use them, like when selling buildings.
Add and individual LTQ event during the conquests http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?69383-Idea-to-enhance-war

Any other constructive suggestions?

AndOne707
09-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Being able to search targets by ID would be a great way to spicy things up.
A bigger pool of targets as well would be awesome.
Being able to add your guild mates by one single feature would be a great addition.
Allow a better system in the guild settings in order to filter control among mates.

pendentive
09-20-2013, 07:24 AM
great thread - "let's keep it constructive"

Hersh
09-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Better pairing system for war times.

Tone down raid boss.

Shmuckdegraff
09-20-2013, 09:40 AM
A page identifying your top 1500 units both offensively and defensively.
~yes I've counted before, and I don't want to ever do it again.

KennyFPU
09-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Put a cap on stats there is to big of a gap from the top to the bottom 10 million in stats is a lot more then 3/4 of the ka community are not even close to this

Darth Randy
09-20-2013, 10:00 AM
A page identifying your top 1500 units both offensively and defensively.
~yes I've counted before, and I don't want to ever do it again.

Ditto, makes my brain hurt for a day.

Baela3
09-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Add a mass message button so all members can be messaged from guild chat wall, add a sister/family guild section to the guild menu so linked guilds can see one another and exchange members and info more easily, add push notifications for guild chat messages, and also everything listed above!

justsomedood5
09-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Put a cap on stats there is to big of a gap from the top to the bottom 10 million in stats is a lot more then 3/4 of the ka community are not even close to this

Starting to sound like an Occupy Wallstreet rally...

Do you really think Gree benefits from disincentivizing any future spending from their very best customers (moreover, would ANY business benefit from this)? I understand the frustration (and I'm not in FUN, nor do I have 10mm stats), but what you're asking for is the equivalent of some Occupy protester asking that CEOs be required to work for free.

Ok sorry for that, back to the constructive ideas folks...

Zenobia
09-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Great topic and suggestions! Some more things I might add:
Listen to the suggestions of the 99%ers as opposed to ONLY listening to the demands of the 1%ers
For the epic boss, have a Boss lvl 51 after lvl 50. If you beat this boss, you get to pick which of the unit rewards you want. That way if you spend/play to get that far and have not completed the collection of 9, you can do so on this boss. And if you have already completed it, it is incentive to keep attacking the boss anyway to get more epic units.
Create new unit buildings with gold units that have stats over... say 250/250. These buildings should unlock at lvls 140, 150, 160 and 170, let's say. That would go a little bit towards cancelling the penalty for leveling.
If you make the lvl100 raid boss 3x harder to kill this time around, make the rewards to those who get a hit on it 3x better than the last one. I am using that as an example but if you want us to spend that much more, we should get that much more for it.
Create some defense buildings that ACTUALLY defend your buildings! Something that prevents people who have stats 1 MILLION lower than yours from raiding you. These should also be available at higher levels like the new unit buildings, maybe levels 125, 135, 145, 155, 165.
Fix the war matching system so that people are never matched against the same opponent more than once per 24 hours and never more than twice per war.
Fix the war matching system so that teams outside the Top 200 at the moment are not matched with Top 10 teams. I suspect that the wildly disproportional matches this last war were due to Gree caving yet again to the demands of the 1%ers and it ended up really realy screwing a lot of the 99ers.
If you can't/don't fix the problem of raid boss health = epic boss health then please just don't overlap those two particular events again.

Darth Randy
09-20-2013, 11:04 AM
I've suggested this before but I think the way CP needs to be changed to; (attackers level x 1) + (targets level x .5). Then add a random modifier that's ranges from .75 to 1.25 of that sum.

This removes the level penalty and yet till motivates people to attack higher targets.

Munseyspin
09-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Get the quests right, first time?

Darth Randy
09-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Change the entire economic scale in KA.

Instead of selling gems, sell subscriptions.

Have 4 levels;

Level 1- Free - 25 gems a week
Level 2 $4.99/mo - 100 gems a week
Level 3 $9.99/mo - 250 gems a week
Level 4 $19.99/mo - 750 gems a week

That's it, no more gems than that. People can save them up or burn them as soon as they get them.

I bet you make just as much money and end this endless appeasement to the most important customer mentality. It's time to end this 'biggest wallet wins' environment that you have created and that is showing signs of melting down.

Rocco69
09-21-2013, 03:23 AM
Add a mass message button so all members can be messaged from guild chat wall, add a sister/family guild section to the guild menu so linked guilds can see one another and exchange members and info more easily, add push notifications for guild chat messages, and also everything listed above!
best one ive seen

Silent follower
09-21-2013, 04:02 AM
Great topic and suggestions! Some more things I might add:
Listen to the suggestions of the 99%ers as opposed to ONLY listening to the demands of the 1%ers
For the epic boss, have a Boss lvl 51 after lvl 50. If you beat this boss, you get to pick which of the unit rewards you want. That way if you spend/play to get that far and have not completed the collection of 9, you can do so on this boss. And if you have already completed it, it is incentive to keep attacking the boss anyway to get more epic units.
Create new unit buildings with gold units that have stats over... say 250/250. These buildings should unlock at lvls 140, 150, 160 and 170, let's say. That would go a little bit towards cancelling the penalty for leveling.
If you make the lvl100 raid boss 3x harder to kill this time around, make the rewards to those who get a hit on it 3x better than the last one. I am using that as an example but if you want us to spend that much more, we should get that much more for it.
Create some defense buildings that ACTUALLY defend your buildings! Something that prevents people who have stats 1 MILLION lower than yours from raiding you. These should also be available at higher levels like the new unit buildings, maybe levels 125, 135, 145, 155, 165.
Fix the war matching system so that people are never matched against the same opponent more than once per 24 hours and never more than twice per war.
Fix the war matching system so that teams outside the Top 200 at the moment are not matched with Top 10 teams. I suspect that the wildly disproportional matches this last war were due to Gree caving yet again to the demands of the 1%ers and it ended up really realy screwing a lot of the 99ers.
If you can't/don't fix the problem of raid boss health = epic boss health then please just don't overlap those two particular events again.

I really like these ideas and also the others too. Hopefully for once we get some of these implemented.

Romel
09-21-2013, 05:02 AM
And pls bring back ability to see guild members boosted stats. It was fixed a while ago but problem back again with latest update :(

Vythica
09-21-2013, 07:24 AM
Change the entire economic scale in KA.

Instead of selling gems, sell subscriptions.

Have 4 levels;

Level 1- Free - 25 gems a week
Level 2 $4.99/mo - 100 gems a week
Level 3 $9.99/mo - 250 gems a week
Level 4 $19.99/mo - 750 gems a week

That's it, no more gems than that. People can save them up or burn them as soon as they get them.

I bet you make just as much money and end this endless appeasement to the most important customer mentality. It's time to end this 'biggest wallet wins' environment that you have created and that is showing signs of melting down.

I would subscribe. Great idea

Vachau
09-21-2013, 07:33 AM
I like the ideas we have for them. Keep them coming!
I'm also happy that we can keep this constructive.
I'll summarize everything in the original post soon.

FeelSoHigh
09-21-2013, 05:14 PM
1-A refresh button in guild tchat board. Did you know that some players play this game with "only" one device??
2-Release events when they are glitch "free". Did you know that some players spend real money??

Finsfan
09-21-2013, 06:09 PM
I agree there needs to be something awesome for reaching levels 185, 190, 195, and 200. Maybe new money buildings with manor like payouts or a new unit class that has units around 400A/D. That would give people incentive to level up and reward your old timers.

Vachau
09-22-2013, 08:46 PM
GREE. Your customers have spoken. Please listen and do what you can to make this a better experience for all of us.

E-I
09-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned, but I would like to see something that denotes allies in your battle list.

AllFather Odin
09-23-2013, 07:00 AM
I really need to see more functions in the allies in terms of searching and sorting. It's a madhouse scrolling down 350 allies....imagine I max out to 500?

larrydavid
09-23-2013, 07:24 AM
make it beneficial to level up...so that playing the game is encouraged.

AllFather Odin
09-23-2013, 08:22 AM
make it beneficial to level up...so that playing the game is encouraged.

Another good point. So far, it's been provened that low level/high stats are way more beneficial during wars. Gotta change that idea!

Tanis
09-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Here is a suggestion I have not seen before. Why not set up something that allows say up to 4 guilds to be managed and work together as one guild corporation. It seems like the guild cooperatives is a way of life, so why not set it up so that members can hop around between the four guilds to help out but not during war events. An hour before war starts lock the rosters and only allow designated officers to move players to the guild they want them to go to war with. This way, if someone is inactive because of family emergency or something they are not just simply booted, they could be transferred to a lower guild. Also, make it so that if someone does leave one of those guilds during a guild event they have to wait 24 hours to join another guild. This would prevent players from jumping out of their guilds to help others to maintain competitive advantage. When there is no guild event, make it a free agency period where people could change guilds without the 24 hour restriction.

I think this would make something that most top guilds are doing already a lot easier, and it would encourage more cooperation between those guilds but restrict it so that somone from a top guild is not just visiting their friend's guild and giving them a boost. With the current system, we could eventually see the top 10 all be FUN1-10. Then you would really lose even more players, and money.

Thick Gibbon
09-23-2013, 12:22 PM
I know this is very basic, and a little lazy, but I would like one button to press to collect all the gold from my kingdom simultaneously. My usual pinch to zoom in and then decline to move a tree just annoys me. :)

KAsean
09-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Definitely want to second the notion of multi-ranks in the guilds.

Officer: accept new recruits, buy walls and bonuses
Lieutenant: Summon Bosses and declare war
Private: grunt.

Also would be nice to have an option to friend/ally request entire guild in one button.

Quisp
09-24-2013, 10:26 AM
from another tread -

I would like them to put more of the older units with bonuses in current quests.

Add the +1 building upgrade units, Raid 10% more, Health regen 5% bonus etc. - units that old time players allready have in their invintory. Please add them into the current quests rewards and players that allready have one would not get the bonus but would get the unit and the ATK/DEF stats from it.

This is a simple way for newer players to get the bonuses of older units without the older players getting additional advantages over the new players.

I am not suggestiing this older unit be the final unit for a new quest just a mid tier unit, i.e. maybe for finishing:

The normal mode of an LTO quest.
Killing 20 Bosses on a kill 50 event
Getting 5 boxes in the collect 10 event
getting 7/9 on the "Collect all 9 units quests"

My goal is to have players who missed out on older units be able to pick them up and boost there stats without having the older player who got the unit deminished, older players allready have the unit and would still get the stats, just not the bonus times 2. So they have the boost already and would still get tthe advantage of getting the final unit for the quest.

If we contuinue to have older players get additional boosts there comes a point the new players would find it impossiable to ever catch up without the older players basically leaving the game. And that becomes a very unappealing game to new players.

So GREE - dig out older units with bonuses and place them in all quests! and its less work for you GREE!

Vachau
09-24-2013, 08:55 PM
I saw this and decided to tack it on here. Time to increase the level cap

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?69094-Time-to-increase-the-level-cap

Ratma2001
09-24-2013, 09:19 PM
I would like to have the ADD/DELETE ally list have an option for mass deletion rather than 1 at a time sometimes i need to remove more like 10-20 , just a tab button then select delete !
Also would like to secind the Collect Gold at Once Button,
Move the button for Gem completion in Building upgrade and vault increase, time again we hear reports of people whom accidently hit the complete now button for "X" amount of gems only to send ticket to say they didnt mean to click it.
New Buildings and units would be good, as most of us (thats most) have indestructable armies now, no use even buying unit buildings for LLP.
new Event for LTQ and Boss , change it up, how about a 2 hour quick LTQ at a random time with a random unit 400/380 aimed at LLP's , incentives to level for sure
and thats it for now

Zenobia
09-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Move the button for Gem completion in Building upgrade and vault increase, time again we hear reports of people whom accidently hit the complete now button for "X" amount of gems only to send ticket to say they didnt mean to click it.
Oh, yes, this, PLEASE! Either move the button to a different part of the screen, or have another pop-up in a different part of the screen confirming do you REALLY want to spend these gems?
The same for accidentally selling buildings. I haven't done it in months but MAN does it suck when it happens. Just put the confirm button in some far corner of the screen!

Vendetta V
09-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Time for a guild/clan building!
Payable with honor, as I think many players including myself have honor but don't know what to do with it.

Upgrading the guild building could unlock additional bonuses to give your hero more strength, maybe upgrading your best armor/weapon etc.. this is in many other games already a fact, so why not improve KA with this.

fernandoefens
09-25-2013, 04:30 AM
1. Give support to free users.

dookie
09-25-2013, 06:05 AM
could do with some new buildings....CC and MW have way more than here, also the collect all gold button would be good..also agree that defensive buildings should offer a little more protection of your money buildings

Vachau
09-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Gree, thank you for 2.0.2. I hope you are working on 2.1 to address the issues above.

JayPeAce
09-25-2013, 07:19 PM
How about a way to even the playing field by using multiple stamina in a raid for a better chance of taking down a player with much higher stats?

Rawrimabear
09-25-2013, 07:44 PM
1. Give support to users who don't spend $1000+ per month on gems.

I'm sure you appreciate the fix I made to your post.

Spi
09-26-2013, 01:44 AM
Why not giving the Guild Guardian a better defense according to his a/d stats.

Now any low level can bring him down with 2 MA, perhaps one could make 2 MA below one million stats, 3 MA between 2-3 million and 1 MA extra per million def stats

alonibb
09-26-2013, 01:55 AM
Why not giving the Guild Guardian a better defense according to his a/d stats.

Now any low level can bring him down with 2 MA, perhaps one could make 2 MA below one million stats, 3 MA between 2-3 million and 1 MA extra per million def stats

I actually thinks the possibility to take down GG with 2 Megas is very good. Its not unusual with guilds that have 1 strong founder and a couple of much weaker guildmates. There is noway you can take GG down if you dont have the ability to use 2 Megas. 2 Megas actually is a big thing for weaker guilds to afford because you start off with 2 members with 0 energy and a couple of hundred CPs to opponent.

And now when you got reward for 50 wins you cant afford to regen between wars so you usually have to use gems to take GG down if you dont have one that strong in your own guild. I say its good as it is.

Vachau
09-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Sirius, are you listening to this? You are doing some nice things with the game. The Raid Boss is very fun, you are asking us about how to support the community with social events, and you are listening to those who are freaking out about losing their stats. We know that you are here and that you care.

Please take these suggestions to heart and see if these is anything you can do. This was constructive for the improvement of the game. I hope that you hear this.

E-I
09-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Suggestion to Gree:

Whatever you did tonight, never never, never do it again.

Iron Maiden
09-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Nice thread :)

Voxker
09-26-2013, 06:56 PM
you think they're just slacking around and doing nothing? smh...

Ratma2001
09-26-2013, 08:03 PM
you think they're just slacking around and doing nothing? smh...

BrainStorming, who else would think of all these great Ideas ? The Players, float the question and then Ta Da ! look what we have designed for the good folks who play KA.....pats on the back all round..high fives and a pay rise.
At least they actually read this post and may get some new stuff!

StrictNine
09-26-2013, 08:22 PM
This has been said before but, you guys (Gree) need to set a "confirm" button when asking to finish an upgrade. Just tonight I accidently confirmed two upgrades by just clicking too quickly. With the delays in clicking now I'm sure I'm not the only one, recently.

About 450 gems gone tonight only.I realize this was my impatience but a pop up would be nice.

Ratma2001
09-26-2013, 08:51 PM
This has been said before but, you guys (Gree) need to set a "confirm" button when asking to finish an upgrade. Just tonight I accidently confirmed two upgrades by just clicking too quickly. With the delays in clicking now I'm sure I'm not the only one, recently.

About 450 gems gone tonight only.I realize this was my impatience but a pop up would be nice.

Hence my option noted on page 1 of this post !, you can always send in a ticket and get your gems back

KAsean
09-29-2013, 03:23 PM
With all the new high level weapons and armor being available during the LTQ, maybe they should also be available for purchase with honor?? High lvl players may not care too much, but for low lvl players this could be a huge help.

The last LTQ, lvl 1 was like 10 kills at 300hp each. My 15atk sword and HS are worth about 28-35hp. That's nearly 100 swings to pass lvl 1. Not a good way to attract new players..

DragCro
09-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Sirius, are you listening to this? You are doing some nice things with the game. The Raid Boss is very fun, you are asking us about how to support the community with social events, and you are listening to those who are freaking out about losing their stats. We know that you are here and that you care.

Please take these suggestions to heart and see if these is anything you can do. This was constructive for the improvement of the game. I hope that you hear this.bravo!!!
I see you care about people and the game !
I aplaud you

Vachau
09-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Does anyone have any more insight after this last conquest?

Spazzer
09-30-2013, 02:55 PM
This is all great but until Gree acknowledges that they are even reading this then it all could be pointless.

Spi
09-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Why not a minimum in the number of players to participate during war, let's say 10 players

Shadows
09-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Why not a minimum in the number of players to participate during war, let's say 10 players

Wouldn't that discriminate against a newbie guild? Although I get the possible animus against the 6 person sister guild with avg. 3.5 million stats...

Spi
09-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Well newbie guilds would be able to do all, but fight wars, as long as they aren't 10, 12 15 or more players...

If you are a new player you aren't able to do everything before a certain level and doing certain maps...

Indeed, it would put a certain brake on very small super guilds

Quisp
10-04-2013, 12:06 PM
I have far to often spent gems on refills I did not want. The game will pop up the window and refill them them because it saves your taps. Please figure out a way to confirm the purchase of refills with gems or move the confirm burtton to a corner of the screen or at least away from the middle!

This drives me nuts when I see it give me 1000 energy and there is nothing I can do to stop it!!

Vclone
10-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Let the clone wars begin

Aland5555
12-01-2013, 03:24 PM
how to get a better sword from drops?
How do I get a better sword/Armor from drops? I am currently a lvl 100 swinging a Oathbringer 37/27 best armor "armor of Smertrios 30/60"

im guessing that the best items are part of LT Quests, but there must be some map to clear that have a possibility to drop something better than mine

Help please ????

Rastlin
12-01-2013, 03:42 PM
How do I get a better sword/Armor from drops? I am currently a lvl 100 swinging a Oathbringer 37/27 best armor "armor of Smertrios 30/60"

im guessing that the best items are part of LT Quests, but there must be some map to clear that have a possibility to drop something better than mine

Help please ????
LTQ's is where you get weapons and armor from... been that way for a long time.

Valid or
12-01-2013, 04:03 PM

Help please ????
Map zones are good to master to at least level 4 for the skill point awarded.

Aronius
12-01-2013, 08:02 PM
I have far to often spent gems on refills I did not want. The game will pop up the window and refill them them because it saves your taps. Please figure out a way to confirm the purchase of refills with gems or move the confirm burtton to a corner of the screen or at least away from the middle!

This drives me nuts when I see it give me 1000 energy and there is nothing I can do to stop it!!

I agree... Yesterday I had 480 gems taken from me because it delayed so much when I bought some kingdoms property, saved my taps and yup I guess I really needed that real estate... I'm sure my ticket will get a canned responce.... Yes gree I always want to blow 480 gems during war next time just make them vanish as I buy them and save me the trouble.

Agenthollis
12-02-2013, 08:07 PM
use an average of player's stats to create more fair matchups -- having to battle a small guild with very high stat when we are a larger guild with medium stats is no Fun --- and when you draw three in a row, very disheartening. One needs to feel they have a chance. Probably to make it a more sophisticated you could take three tiers and compare the average stats - met quite a few teams with very high and quite low players --- no middle level players.
a pretty good guild doesn't stand a chance... something to think about. Or have big guilds fight big guilds and small guild fight small guilds -- that would make it fairer as well.

Rastlin
12-02-2013, 08:16 PM
It is done on average stats, but for the whole guild. If you drop some members, and lower you whole guild average you will not have this problem anymore. That is what the large strong guilds did so they could get easier match ups, and why you now see them. You must do the same if you don't want to fight them.

Nightfury
12-03-2013, 01:14 PM
One of our officers came up with the idea of a surrender button. Within the first five minutes and before your team attacks, an officer can "raise the white flag". At that point the other team has 10 or 15 minutes to do as much damage as they want to.

Gree should like the idea as it would promote the use of gems as teams would only have 15 minutes or so to get the points they want. FUN, RK, and splinter guilds would most likely have more opportunities to get wins and wins in a row, so they shouldn't complain. Finally, It would allow other guilds to get out of the poor match ups that are constantly happening. Nothing's more frustrating than planning a time for war, having the majority of members show up, and getting stuck with a splinter guild for an hour in a match that typically lasts 5 minutes anyways. Just a suggestion for Gree.