PDA

View Full Version : Community Events! What Say Ye?!

Sirius
09-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Greetings,

Hope everyone is getting ready to enjoy their weekend and the up coming Conquest of Kings event!

The team over here at GREE wanted to take some time to reach out to you all and ask a few questions regarding the community and in making things a bit more entertaining overall.

So one of the big questions we'd like to hear everyones opinions on right away is:

What type of community/social events would you all like to see or take part in? Be it here in the forums or on our facebook.

We do have our own plans in the works for things but seeing that YOU all make up the community, we want to get your say across the board and heard in this.

We all here eagerly look forward to seeing what you all come up with and say!

Thanks everyone!

***Suggestions Thus Far***

- Name the Unit
- Add Me
- Join our Guild! [day]
- Kingdom Age Quiz
- TWITTER - Take a picture of your Kingdom
- FACEBOOK - Something similar to Kingdom Age Quiz and Twitter
- Weekly Raffle
- Loot Based Event
- Lame joke competition

DavidtheBoo
09-26-2013, 02:26 PM
It must be here....

It's all a dream
09-26-2013, 02:29 PM
forums and i liked the name giving of units we had a while back. or the post your ally id.

(PS sirius could you check on this thread please, thank you very much http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68788-Missing-Enslaved-Rasour-Spawn-in-inventory!! )

Totalwar
09-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Here in the forum please.

Iron Maiden
09-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Here in the forum please.

I second that

Ratma2001
09-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Hate Facecrap with a Passion !, must be here as all above have asked

Valid or
09-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Return of add me Mondays, and name that unit.

Hersh
09-26-2013, 03:50 PM
No Facebook! Add me mondays? Honestly anything would be cool, anything to break up the pages of complaining and trolling :P

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
09-26-2013, 04:14 PM
On the forum would be best. Or have the same event run both forum and facebook. AND Twitter (get that thing up and running again....)

* Name that Unit event - The top 10 get voted on. The name picked, the player gets the unit, and the other 9 get 100 gems
* Add Me [whatever day] - Player picked gets 100 gems
* Join our Guild! [day] - Same concept as Add Me Monday, except Guild picked gets 10m gold added to their vault
* Kingdom Age Quiz - time table would be a week to answer. A Forum Moderator would post a quiz of varying length of questions about Kingdom Age, and the answers have to be PM'd in. At the end of the week, the person with the most correct answers, or if not a right/wrong type, the person with the most inventive answers, would win a shirt, or other memorabilia.
* TWITTER - Take a picture of your Kingdom, and whoever has their picture re-twitted the most, gets ... something
* FACEBOOK - Something similar to Kingdom Age Quiz and Twitter, but whoever has the most likes on their comment added to the posting, gets ... something

More later if I can think of them since I am not a social person.... :mad:

Hersh
09-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Nice legend, me gusta. Only thing I'd add is for name that unit, the winner should get gems too.

DragCro
09-26-2013, 04:31 PM
I vote for here..We miss old games as Add me monday

sister morphine
09-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Going off on a tangent, the FUN boss event was a good laugh. How about doing similar with some other guilds once in a while.

And community stuff definitely here. Like many I don't "do" Facebook.

Sirius
09-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Awesome suggestions so far folks. I'll keep adding to the running list in the op as we go.

serena
09-26-2013, 04:42 PM
I think there should be a weekly raffle where every guild gets one entry. The members of the winning guild will then all receive a prize such as gems or a unit, etc.

klevito
09-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Here is another idea.

Let's arrange a "Whose account will be lost next" show sort of things. There should be no shortage of participants
:)

Vachau
09-26-2013, 06:01 PM
I like the Name The Unit and the KA Quiz.
Please keep everything here in the forum. Facebook is a different platform for different kinds of people. This community is already here.

larrydavid
09-26-2013, 06:02 PM
How about "name that gree glitch event" day. ;)

Sirius
09-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Here is another idea.

Let's arrange a "Whose account will be lost next" show sort of things. There should be no shortage of participants
:)

Truly I do apologize for folks having this happen. We are working to get everyones accounts back.

larrydavid
09-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Truly I do apologize for folks having this happen. We are working to get everyones accounts back.

Does this include fixing the account transfer issues?

Ratma2001
09-26-2013, 06:27 PM

there is no rush on this as its unimportant, those that have theres will just have an advantage this war, may even see a new No#1 Guild, just for something different.

Would like a Mystery Event random units/weapons or gems ?
lets say an hour quickie event at some random time on some random day , you can call it a Random LTQ

Cxxxmm
09-26-2013, 06:59 PM
This may sound cheesey but it can be very very funny, especially if its not censored too much. Moderator puts out various letters, which a phrase pertaining to KA, must be made with words starting with those letters in the order of those letters.

LegoLass
09-26-2013, 07:26 PM
No Facebook please.

Rastlin
09-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Hate Facecrap with a Passion !, must be here as all above have asked
I agree! No Facecrap, arr FaceBook

War Eagle
09-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Agree with a few posts already made:
1) definitely do the majority of the community events here on the forum rather than on Facebook
2) would love to see a return of the "name that unit" contests
3) love the trivia idea, too

Other things I'd like to see... Since we can't view each other's in-game decorations... how about a screenshot contest where we judge the look/layout of each other's kingdoms?

Also... to encourage a more friendly and helpful forum... What if the mods picked a "most helpful post of the week" sort of thing... and reward that player with a prize. Maybe we could nominate one another when we come across a likely candidate... and then a moderator could make a selection from among the nominees.

BevFo
09-26-2013, 09:43 PM
I love all these ideas!

Looks like it may the beginning of a bridge being built between gree and the players. I'm looking forward to seeing more positive comments on the forum hopefully.

asrafsohel
09-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Liked all the above ideas and the community must be here

Aclark
09-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Agree here in forum and some fun activities to break the downward spiral of negative post. Yay

l3lade2
09-27-2013, 03:05 AM
there is no rush on this as its unimportant, those that have theres will just have an advantage this war, may even see a new No#1 Guild, just for something different.

lets say an hour quickie event at some random time on some random day , you can call it a Random LTQ

I like this idea, short LTQs at very quick times, maybe 1-2 hours long, obviously the rewards shouldn't be huge, but should still be respectable, and the LTQs have to be achievable in the timeframe. As GREE start most events at the same time, to make it fair worldwide (not just US players) the time would have to be varied each time.

Name the unit is cool also,

It's all a dream
09-27-2013, 03:08 AM

a random quickie, lol. you looking for love again Ratma :p

i like the (game)idea though

Vachau
09-27-2013, 04:38 AM
You asked us about community events and we are responding. I think I speak for everyone here that we appreciate the effort to reach out to us.

Sorry to go off topic here, Sirius, but I know that you are reading this thread. We have been gathering other ideas for improvements to the game, and I want to make sure that you see them. This is mostly constructive and has a lot of good suggestions. http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68645-Suggestions-for-GREE-on-improvements-to-KA

Rasputin
09-27-2013, 09:10 AM
(1) daily events would be awesome. Eliminate the box events, spread out the othe quests, and use "flash" events as a bridge between the longer events.
(2) post the LTQ schedule so we know when to log in to start. Also, if there is a new wrinkle in the event that hasn't been introduced before, tell us a couple days beforehand. Espicially on guild quests & wars where cooperation and strategy are paramount to success. Helps to be organized and know what we're doing at the start rather than tryin to figure it out on the fly and realize we've set ourselves back because we used the wrong strategy for the first 8 hours.
(3) get rid of the daily scratch-offs or make the prizes relevant. Undead Crawlers are useless even to new LLP's.
(4) do an occasional event where completion is more dependent upon participation and activity rather than how many gems one can spend. I realize you guys need to sell gems to make the business work, but you can throw the active free players a bone from time to time.

Person
09-27-2013, 09:11 AM
any event'd do :)

as for Forum or FB, why not both?

Darth Randy
09-27-2013, 09:36 AM
How about "villain for a day" event. People on forum vote for a week to elect a villain, whose attack and defense go to zero for 1 day and a link to their kingdom appears for every player. There would be no limit on the times you could attack, his/her account would be awarded 100 billion gold prior to event and you could add random prizes for beating him/her.

Also, no Facebook please, I'm a conscientious objector.

sister morphine
09-27-2013, 11:43 AM
How about "villain for a day" event. People on forum vote for a week to elect a villain, whose attack and defense go to zero for 1 day and a link to their kingdom appears for every player. There would be no limit on the times you could attack, his/her account would be awarded 100 billion gold prior to event and you could add random prizes for beating him/her.
Lol, there'd need to be some compensation for the villain surely - some free gems maybe? I can see a queue forming to be chosen :D

sister morphine
09-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Agree with Rasputin the scratchers either need to be dramatically improved or replaced with similar to what MW now has instead - a series of 30 daily prizes with steadily improving stats.

It's all a dream
09-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Agree with Rasputin the scratchers either need to be dramatically improved or replaced with similar to what MW now has instead - a series of 30 daily prizes with steadily improving stats.

i love those scratchers, units that will never see the line up, 100 gold (hoorah), 150 honor (lets buy an abomination).
its the best part of the day, always makes me smile in the morning.

sister morphine
09-27-2013, 11:50 AM
i love those scratchers, units that will never see the line up, 100 gold (hoorah), 150 honor (lets buy an abomination).
its the best part of the day, always makes me smile in the morning.
I'll send you all my undead crawlers if you like ;)

Delriokm
09-27-2013, 06:47 PM
We would use stamina and not every strike would win something random! I am a little tired of getting raided and raiding the same people. Put in Random rewards. Have different buildings ect. Could be fun!!!

Julius Wheezer
09-30-2013, 02:24 PM
What is Facebook?

I think we should have a crap joke competition.

Person getting the highest groan rating wins a unit with the power to bore opponents into defeat.

What's blue and smells like green paint?

Blue paint!

Spydrax
09-30-2013, 06:16 PM
I vote for any community event to be here in the forum.
I LOVE the random 'quickie'! 
The daily scratch (ugh)!! I like the daily improvement for scratches per days in a row, however, we mostly all check in daily, at least once... Another thought to that scratch, it to throw in Abominations, dragons, cannons, whatever other 'valuable' unit in there. Doesn't have to be a 15000/15000 unit, but something in the abomination range would be worthy of most kingdoms. And don't make it so difficult to get the higher awards. Don't make it TO easy, we do it daily, but nicer units would be, well, nice.

Vile Lynn
10-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Return of add me Mondays, and name that unit.

I second that!

...and please not on FB; do things here, only on the forum, thanks! FB is soooo 2012, lol!

Vile Lynn
10-03-2013, 07:55 AM
It's been suggested before, but it would be cool to have a swap meet of sorts to trade units with other players or have an ingame GREE Bazaar to trade up units/weapons/armor for better items or stones, SPs, Honor, whatever.

We have all of that 0/0 Loot that isn't doing anything that I know of. Let's do something with that?
I barely remember a long, long time ago, one of the mods said something would be done with that loot, but nothing happened.

*brainstorming* lol, look out!

Samskill
10-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Speaking of community event, how about erecting some senior members of this forum as moderator.
I believed it had been suggested to GREE before, but till now it's still a NATO.
Jus my 2 cents..

P4TR1C14N
10-03-2013, 11:07 AM
I know a great event... Vote for the biggest screw up off the month by gree. :)

But more realistic... Invest your time in getting a working game instead off losing time with edge activities.

KM KAge
10-04-2013, 01:24 PM
I know a great event... Vote for the biggest screw up off the month by gree. :)

But more realistic... Invest your time in getting a working game instead off losing time with edge activities.

Thank you. Thank you Thank You. Was just about to leave the same mmessage. Please spend your time fixing the main parts of the game. Matching algorithm. Matching up the quest and ability to work on the quest. The latest boss event is yet another wwinner. Bosses are being summoned, there is no quest yet. Try investing in QA on the game not resourrces on community events.

Hazzardguy
10-04-2013, 02:01 PM
What about Market Mondays? GREE can put units for sale that actually have value in the game. Here is my idea, similar to others, GREE put units from past events for sale. To keep it completely equal and not just polishing the back sides of those at the top, the units should be sold for either honor or gold. Since both have lost all intrinsic value this would be a great way to bring it back! We, you need to bring back all the value you can to this game. It would be old hat to sell units for gems and not really show any forward thought, honor and gold is the only way this will work.
The next idea is Truthful Tuesdays or Thursdays, which ever is better for GREE employees! You, the moderator will be completely honest about bugs, events and progress of the product you offer. If an event has not been beta tested, say so. Let us know there will be issues. Be forthright and let us know that you are going to sell orbs for honor and how many for how much. Remember we are trying to work together to better YOUR product. You can easily see that high ranking longtime vets are leaving, and for now it is the occasional player but that is how all flash floods start a slow trickle and by the time you have the ability and the will to fix it, it is too late and the dam will burst. We are partner is this thing, and it is on you to maintain a product worth returning to!

Jeshu
10-06-2013, 02:34 AM
I would never buy any units unless they have some bonus added. Otherwise what's the point? In a few months those units will be obsolete...

Also, I would like to see an IPH event. I remember way back when...

Voxker
10-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Better comminucation between Gree and the players

Gerbear
10-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Sounds promising....

I would support keeping it in this forum also as opposed to Facebook or some alternative method. Any kind of fun game activity for chances to win anything would be great! I also liked when we won "holiday themed prizes". The rudolf event and Leprachaun, etc. kept things a little more lighthearted and fun. If this doesn't go with the new theme, maybe this could be part of the new forum prizes won.

On a little different note, when will monetary unit stats change? I think this would help the overall strategy in the game again, if all of these characters were to get overhauled once more. This to me is what made this game to start and I think you would find many of the original players getting drawn back in. It seems enjoyable for me to strategize and budget resources more fun than relying on just luck in this game. This may never totally even some of the playing field, but it sure would give some of us a fighting chance. I remember buying gold instead of buying gems to help secure my beast den lvl 10. Could help sales in general too..

Gerbear
10-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Another idea...

Maybe consider making our character job classes count towards something. For example, every month give us an opportunity to win special prizes that do unique damage specific to our class. We could manage "raid boss" events etc. with our each unique abilities to give more of us meaning towards our teams. This would change recruiting efforts also. Just a thought and maybe someone could run with this idea and better it.

Sirius
10-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the awesome idead and feedback folks! I'll be updating the op with whats been said sometime today! Keep it coming folks!

Master Stormzs
10-09-2013, 02:53 PM
How abut Gree gets there act together BEFORE trying something new?? Sorry but given Gree's less than impeccable record this past year....I'm not confident they can pull off anything that requires additional coding, heck even copy and paste posting on Facebook, concerns me....

Dirt road Joe
10-09-2013, 06:07 PM
How abut Gree gets there act together BEFORE trying something new?? Sorry but given Gree's less than impeccable record this past year....I'm not confident they can pull off anything that requires additional coding, heck even copy and paste posting on Facebook, concerns me....

Its not anything new, really. They used to do these things all the time. I believe the last times they did this were back in December of 2012, but don't quote me. Generally these event were easier to maintain than others. They usually consisted of a single winner that was awarded 50 gems or so for their winning or maybe even a t-shirt. They already have their LTQs in game they have just seemed to drop their "community interaction" events here on the forums. twitter and facebook. Which, they want to bring back. So I think its a good idea to attempt to arrange an event for people to participate in here on the forums, beside, you log in daily anyway. Why not have a chance to win something just for posting something on a thread. :)

IDEA:
have a poll for a "name that unit event". If at all possible keep the poll results completely private. Then have something like this..
Pick a name for this unit!

[IMAGE]

1)Blank
2)Empty
3)Invisible
4)Null
5)Clear

Members then vote on the unit name through the polling option. For the name that wins, every member who voted for that name gets a prize (gems, loot, gold etc.. Then that unit itself could be awarded in game through some easy(not too challenging just short of giving it away) LTQ. That way everyone has a little chance to win the community inspired unit. It could be fun. Then you could also promote the forum that way. When the splash screen for the LTQ pops up in-game, you could put something that references the forum and how others could get involved in future events. Just an idea :)

Sirius
10-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Alright folks op should be updated tonight. Going to let this run till the end of the weekend then close it so we can start moving forward on these things!

Again thanks to everyone who has chipped in with some ideas, feedback or just to say thanks!

~Sirius

It's all a dream
10-12-2013, 12:19 AM
Alright folks op should be updated tonight. Going to let this run till the end of the weekend then close it so we can start moving forward on these things!

Again thanks to everyone who has chipped in with some ideas, feedback or just to say thanks!

~Sirius

Sirius whatever you guys are going to do im asking you to use the community how it was attended to. Its not just for players to talk and discuss. Its a means for you to communicate with us as well.
I remember you guys posting an explanation on the conquest battles. But since then we have had lots of new events and we never got any explanation the event. Every time we need to find out ourselves with lots of complaining. Then things go wrong and we complain more.
Whatever you guys are thinking im urging you to communicate on events, its Q&As and the issues that pop up. Lets start with current epic boss and the accompanied mist of the GQ

BevFo
10-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Sirius whatever you guys are going to do im asking you to use the community how it was attended to. Its not just for players to talk and discuss. Its a means for you to communicate with us as well.
I remember you guys posting an explanation on the conquest battles. But since then we have had lots of new events and we never got any explanation the event. Every time we need to find out ourselves with lots of complaining. Then things go wrong and we complain more.
Whatever you guys are thinking im urging you to communicate on events, its Q&As and the issues that pop up. Lets start with current epic boss and the accompanied mist of the GQ

Couldn't agree more. Well said!

Sirius
10-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks folks!