PDA

View Full Version : Guild Match speed improvements

Jerle
09-27-2013, 11:28 AM
So...based on some troubles we had with Modern War and Crime city on some previous events, we took the time to overhaul our guild matcher for this event in Kingdom Age.

Did anyone notice a speed increase at the start of the event? We used to sometimes take ~30 minutes to process all the matches right at the start of a war (everyone opts in at once)...this time it took 5 seconds.

Please note this does NOT guarantee instant matching for everyone all the time - particularly in the case of more powerful guilds sometimes we have to wait a bit to find matches of appropriate power level.

pendentive
09-27-2013, 11:31 AM
So the process is not automated?

What constitutes "appriopriate power level"? Is that by player stats? by current conquest points? by both? or other?

Jerle
09-27-2013, 11:55 AM
The process is automated. It's just way faster now.

Skyraiders
09-27-2013, 12:07 PM

why is it faster.....what makes it faster....better search engines?...better matching system???...will we still see lopsided matches....I.E...top 3 vs top 200 as example??

How does the matching system work??

StrictNine
09-27-2013, 12:15 PM
So...based on some troubles we had with Modern War and Crime city on some previous events, we took the time to overhaul our guild matcher for this event in Kingdom Age.

Did anyone notice a speed increase at the start of the event? We used to sometimes take ~30 minutes to process all the matches right at the start of a war (everyone opts in at once)...this time it took 5 seconds.

Please note this does NOT guarantee instant matching for everyone all the time - particularly in the case of more powerful guilds sometimes we have to wait a bit to find matches of appropriate power level.

Yes it seems to match us much faster than the last war.

Totalwar
09-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Yes I noticed was way faster thanks in Forum Knights guild.It started to slow a little but still a lot faster then usual thanks.

Totalwar
09-27-2013, 03:40 PM

Now if only you could sort a fair system for us high level players.Getting only 150 points really sticks when others get 300 to 400 cp per attack.

Cxxxmm
09-27-2013, 03:56 PM
I cant comment given i have lost everything twice in less than 24 hours. Please help with ticket number 963754, Thanks.

rsd007
09-27-2013, 04:18 PM
can u elaborate on how matching works, what makes two guilds match, CP, rank, power? at the beginning of guilds CJ used the term "strength" now you're saying "power" what does this term means? and how can we

rsd007
09-27-2013, 04:26 PM
and by the way, on the contrary it's taking longer to find a match for us now

Aronius
09-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Half of our matches have been against guild who's avg defense is over 1.5 million... Our avg attack is about 500 k.... Really not fun when even our guardian needs to resort to hitting the castle

It's all a dream
09-28-2013, 05:36 AM
Wow we got matched with bgk, while we are barely top100

Shadows
09-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Top 500 guild finds it much faster than last war :-)

KM KAge
09-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Faster, yes. Matchups are horrid, even worse than last time when we kept getting top 75 matchups (we were barely top 200). This time, on the diet of top 50 guilds.(They are feasting on us). If that is what this game is becoming, then we are going to spend our time and money elsewhere.

E-I
09-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Gree just needs to make it so that you can only play a guild once per day. There is a backlog in the top 25/50 teams because so many guilds are waiting for FUN/RK/SB to match before they declare.

Darth Randy
09-28-2013, 11:29 AM
We haven't noticed a difference, as it seems Gree is able to serve us up as an Efeast as soon as we place ourselves on the menu. What is the record for losses anyways, I think we had 40ish last war :)

Dark Angel KA
09-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Gree just needs to make it so that you can only play a guild once per day. There is a backlog in the top 25/50 teams because so many guilds are waiting for FUN/RK/SB to match before they declare.
I agree. But why are top 100-200 teams getting top 10 teams now?

Vendetta V
09-28-2013, 11:43 AM

Same here! We're floating around the top100~150, but we accepted our defeat!!
First we thought to make a run to the 50 wins, but after 10x being matched with top25 guilds, we knew that it was just a dream..
Really sad that these selections are making no sense! I'm committed to my guild, but if it's up to the new strategy idea, I should leave the guild and join a special small high stat member guild. That seem now a days the only way to win these kind of prices!
Very sad ... All of this thanks to the GREE matching system ...

It looks like the only important guilds for GREE are the Top50 guilds and higher, all other guilds seem not important for them.. We are just bait for them...

KM KAge
09-28-2013, 11:44 AM
There is no way the algorithm should ever match up a legit 60 member guild against a 50 member guild where the weakest member of the 60 member guild has over 2 or 3 times the stats of the strongest member of the weaker guild.

Dark Angel KA
09-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Same here! We're floating around the top100~150, but we accepted our defeat!!
First we thought to make a run to the 50 wins, but after 10x being matched with top25 guilds, we knew that it was just a dream..
Really sad that these selections are making no sense! I'm committed to my guild, but if it's up to the new strategy idea, I should leave the guild and join a special small high stat member guild. That seem now a days the only way to win these kind of prices!
Very sad ... All of this thanks to the GREE matching system ...
Last war my old guild said they went down to top 300 but still got matched with FUN. What's up with that? There's a reason they went down in the leaderboard.

Dark Angel KA
09-28-2013, 11:48 AM
There is no way the algorithm should ever match up a legit 60 member guild against a 50 member guild where the weakest member of the 60 member guild has over 2 or 3 times the stats of the strongest member of the weaker guild.
There's no guild who actually has a chance of beating FUN. But gree wouldn't keep matching FUN with only top 10 teams, so they are matching them up with T100-200. It's unfair for the lower teams to be matched with them but there's nothing they can do.

Dionysos
09-28-2013, 11:54 AM
We are a top 200 guild and this event alone we match up 6 times a top 25 or better how is that fair they 100k CP or more we not more than 5k. This is not fun and a lot of members now are not participating because of it. No gree thank you you made it better. Not
Grtz

Dark Angel KA
09-28-2013, 12:03 PM
My guild got the same guild a second time now. They had no chance before. This is why you should fight a guild only once a day.

Shadows
09-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Well, this thread devolved quickly! I counted six posts before the speedy matchups topic was ignored and other posts about cp and matchups took over the thread lol

Vendetta V
09-29-2013, 02:55 AM
There's no guild who actually has a chance of beating FUN. But gree wouldn't keep matching FUN with only top 10 teams, so they are matching them up with T100-200. It's unfair for the lower teams to be matched with them but there's nothing they can do.

So true!, there is no guild who can win against FUN.
But when the developers design this they should also consider what is fair, I use some mountains of gems during war, but we're out numbered against top25 guilds and higher.

We are still playing a social war game, not a gambling game...or ehm...didn't I receive the last memo??
I totally don't care about the matching time, I rather wait 15 minutes and find equal rivals, fair play we call that!

If they want the TOP3 fighting other guilds, fine by me, but only up to the TOP50 or TOP75, the TOP100 is a complete different range, with many free players in all those guilds.

I can imagine how al members in FUN are laughing when they are matched against the TOP75 and lower guilds, just waiting till the timer is on zero and let's start another one.., probably they have players from overlapping timezones, so they just have to declare continious battles..Only against RK or maybe SB they have to stay awake, against the others they can just sleep.

Anyway FUN, in advance congrats with winning the 56 wins price!!

l3lade2
09-29-2013, 03:33 AM
We are a top 200 guild and this event alone we match up 6 times a top 25 or better how is that fair they 100k CP or more we not more than 5k. This is not fun and a lot of members now are not participating because of it. No gree thank you you made it better. Not
Grtz

You're talking about 2 different things here...you're commenting about CP when most people (having hijacked this thread) are talking about strength.

CP is not GREE's fault, you as a guild/guild member make the conscious choice whether to spend gems, and if so how many, I find it hard to have sympathy for "they scored way more than us". What other people are complaining about is when they are unable to attack opponents with a reasonable chance of finding someone they can beat. This is up to GREE, but as Dark Angel said, in the instances of FUN, RK and SB..that's a near impossible task these days.

Darth Randy
09-29-2013, 10:00 AM
You're talking about 2 different things here...you're commenting about CP when most people (having hijacked this thread) are talking about strength.

CP is not GREE's fault, you as a guild/guild member make the conscious choice whether to spend gems, and if so how many, I find it hard to have sympathy for "they scored way more than us". What other people are complaining about is when they are unable to attack opponents with a reasonable chance of finding someone they can beat. This is up to GREE, but as Dark Angel said, in the instances of FUN, RK and SB..that's a near impossible task these days.

And because they rely heavily on top guilds for revenue, this will only get worse and worse. Gree is aiming at mini's now as an opportunity to continue to milk the top spenders, that's why such a stupid thread like the sisters guild one got stickied. They have no interest in balance or gameplay or fun for the non spenders.

Dionysos
09-29-2013, 12:43 PM
This new system sucks. It doesn't work. We are a top 200 guild and constantly matchup against top 30 guilds. I starting to hate this event for it you sucking al fun out of this
First the raid boss making it impossible
Box event 2125 gems in 1 hour to find the 10th sword what do you think no not found it and time was run out
Now wars what's next.
No gree you are doing fine.

Clarke
09-29-2013, 01:02 PM
It may be a little faster but now it sucks. We have been overmatched 14 out of 19 battles, way overmatched so much so that we just stop fighting and wait until it is over to declare another war and HOPE for a competitive match. Your fix may result in low level guilds like ours to dropping out of the game. Because it is NO LONGER FUN.

Jerle
09-29-2013, 11:57 PM
Matching is actually a very complicated problem to solve, particularly since strategies war strategies keep shifting among guilds and were adding new features like the win streak quests. No matter what we do, there will always be some lopsided matches, and good pairings get harder to find the higher up the rankings you go.

That said, were're going to be analyzing the data from this war carefully over the next week and trying some adjustments for when the next war rolls around. Now that we have average matching speed improved significantly, we can add more depth to the computations that figure out who gets matched to who.

Vendetta V
09-30-2013, 12:06 AM
Matching is actually a very complicated problem to solve, particularly since strategies war strategies keep shifting among guilds and were adding new features like the win streak quests. No matter what we do, there will always be some lopsided matches, and good pairings get harder to find the higher up the rankings you go.

That said, were're going to be analyzing the data from this war carefully over the next week and trying some adjustments for when the next war rolls around. Now that we have average matching speed improved significantly, we can add more depth to the computations that figure out who gets matched to who.

Hi Jerle,

Thanks for your appreciated response.
I/We understand that the matching system is complicated, but there should be tiers for matching. Guilds in the TOP150 should never be matched against Guilds in the TOP25 and for sure not against the TOP3.

Better to have 15 minutes matching time, than be matched against much higher ranked guilds! For many guilds the heroic part is impossible to do, just because when these guilds win a match against a similar guild, their next match is against a TOP10 guild. Seriously???? were is the FUN in that?

Guilds who loose many battles, cannot enjoy these wars anymore, it's just not fair and a waste of many, many gems...

I would appreciate if above can be considered... I really hope this will be solved the next guild war, otherwise you one day will find that the guilds rankking list stops by (for example) 600 guilds...

Shinazueli
09-30-2013, 12:07 AM

Seriously? It's not that hard. Total stats & number of members. If that brings down the number of fights a top guild can actually get, then you need to rethink the number of wins required for the quest. Not f with a matching system that worked for months. There is absolutely no reason other than tippy top guilds whining about match times that FUN should ever fight someone outside of the top 25 ranked guilds. If that means they have to wait for some poor unsuspecting guild up there to declare, then so be it. You've screwed up the balance to the point where nobody up there will even declare unless FUN is moving. It's a series of dominos that you blues set in motion and all you can do is watch them fall, because of GreeD. Or you can do the right thing and sacrifice short term profit for long term sustainable growth.

Match times were only ever long for guilds that didn't have to worry about losing in the first place.

Or coming at it from another angle, if you rebalanced the wins vs rank prize stats then you wouldn't have this problem in the first place. Why do you need your players to teach you how to design a game?

Vendetta V
09-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Seriously? It's not that hard.
Match times were only ever long for guilds that didn't have to worry about losing in the first place.

So True, the only guild who complained about the long waiting time was FUN, they complained and GREE changed the settings in their favor again! at the cost of all others.

It's obvious that GREE is on the payroll of FUN, well... soon you will learn what the price was.

8% constructive messages against 92% complain messages.
Can't you see where this is going to...

AndOne707
09-30-2013, 01:15 AM

because a lot of them are not scoring as high as usual..
imagine top 100 getting top 5, top 10, top 25.... yeah, not pretty.
At one point, top 500 were getting top 10 as well.... Once again due to different strategies being used by more powerful guilds in order to obtain wins due to the LTQ.
Not hating, I give props for adjusting things on the fly; however it did take some of us by surprise...

anchlovi
09-30-2013, 01:15 AM
I/We understand that the matching system is complicated, but there should be tiers for matching. Guilds in the TOP150 should never be matched against Guilds in the TOP25 and for sure not against the TOP3.

If gree will implement what you suggest, you will have a new type of guilds "campers", strong members who will only declare war and won't even fight letting opponents to do the work for them.

l3lade2
09-30-2013, 02:13 AM

Better to have 15 minutes matching time, than be matched against much higher ranked guilds! For many guilds the heroic part is impossible to do, just because when these guilds win a match against a similar guild, their next match is against a TOP10 guild. Seriously???? were is the FUN in that?

Again....rankings should be irrelevant. Your asking for a top 150 guild never to match a top 10 guild...why? The only difference that you can guarantee without examining the 2 guilds is that 1 spends more than the other.

Take a top 150 guild...perhaps 42 members, total strength 50million..and a top 10 guild...38 members total strength 54million...why on earth shouldn't they be paired up? That is an even match as far as GREE should be concerned...who then chooses to spend gems to earn more CP is completely up to them and outside the bounds of matching.

alonibb
09-30-2013, 03:01 AM
One of the most important things to change in current system for matching is that you shouldnt get opponents with no targets. This war our guild has come across several guilds with 5-6 members and each one of them has higher stats than our highest player. None of us has a target and cant play. Back in the days when only CP counts you can live with it. But now all that matters for most guilds is the Guild LTQs with 50 wins and many wins in a row. The situation described above makes it impossible to complete those quest.

The matching must make sure that at least 50% of the members in a guild have at least 1 descent target. The number of these small guilds increases in every war and soon you have no other option than doing this yourself. And I really think this will kill the guildwars-event.

RoadBlock
09-30-2013, 03:24 AM

The average matching speed did not improve for our guild, certainly not significantly. In fact, it was worse this war than any previous war. For 3 days that has been our number one gripe, why are the matches taking forever? Simply does not make sense.

Vendetta V
09-30-2013, 03:34 AM
If gree will implement what you suggest, you will have a new type of guilds "campers", strong members who will only declare war and won't even fight letting opponents to do the work for them.

If so, it's so. at least the new type of camper guilds choose to stay low in rank, they will not win the top25 guild war rewards, or they must spend the last few hours a couple of ten thousand gems.

Of course GREE must change the rewards to a lower level, than each guild is free to choose which strategy they go for.

There aren't many options to choose from anymore...

For I3lade2,
Following the previous ranking lists, we can see which guilds are heavy gem guilds. light gem guilds and free player guilds.
Of course everyone is free to choose how many gems they want to use, but why should the free/ light gem players be punished for not using gems or minimal gems.

and yes indeed, a top150 shouldn't be ranked against a top10 guild, it is well known that the top10 guild spend many gems, otherwise they wouldn't be in the top10, because come on! We all know it's not tactics what brings you in the Top10, but simply refilling and pushing the button...

At least the "new" campers" guilds use their tactics, spend less gems than what they did before. ( or they choose to spend the many thousand gems in the last 10 hours...).

Let the heavy gem players battle against each other and let the other light gem/free guilds enjoy what is left of this free game.

Almost everyone seem to forget that a lot of teenagers also play this game, must they ask their parents for the credit card? Where is the fun for them? must they play another game because they can't use gems??

Finding solutions is not easy anymore, when we all suggest options, hopefully we can combine these to a better solution.

l3lade2
09-30-2013, 03:34 AM
The matching must make sure that at least 50% of the members in a guild have at least 1 descent target. The number of these small guilds increases in every war and soon you have no other option than doing this yourself. And I really think this will kill the guildwars-event.

Couldn't disagree more, it isn't GREEs job to make sure you have a decent target, it's yours. Don't forget, when you have a decent target....it means the other guild may not...ie if u can hit their level 200 with level 100 players, they will be complaining about stupidly low targets nd low cp. End of the day..make yourself stronger. We all have occasional guilds we stand no chance against, you just want GREE to make it easier??

Vendetta V
09-30-2013, 04:01 AM

At least these small guilds use a strategy, I don't like losing against them, but if I was not so committed to my guild, I would do excactly the same! I have several offers to join these special small strong guilds and I know I would pick up the 50/56 win rewards.. but call it something, but I just stay with my "normal" Top100 guild

John 3013
09-30-2013, 04:17 AM
We noticed significantly higher speeds matching up at the start of the war, however it seems to be taking longer over the past 6-8 hours. I am assuming that your algorithms for matching up battles gets a little more complex as we progress towards the end of the war.

We have also noticed that GREE seems to match up battles in "waves" of high vs high and high vs low. I am assuming the goal here is to show significant increases in cp to spur everyone on.

All in all, the overall experience in this was has been much better. (Except for the matches against Top 3) Though it is quite funny when the entire team of a Top 10 guild can do nothing but bash their heads against a brick wall only to find out that there is a castle in the way.

l3lade2
09-30-2013, 04:25 AM
If so, it's so. at least the new type of camper guilds choose to stay low in rank, they will not win the top25 guild war rewards, or they must spend the last few hours a couple of ten thousand gems.

Of course GREE must change the rewards to a lower level, than each guild is free to choose which strategy they go for.

There aren't many options to choose from anymore...

For I3lade2,
Following the previous ranking lists, we can see which guilds are heavy gem guilds. light gem guilds and free player guilds.
Of course everyone is free to choose how many gems they want to use, but why should the free/ light gem players be punished for not using gems or minimal gems.

and yes indeed, a top150 shouldn't be ranked against a top10 guild, it is well known that the top10 guild spend many gems, otherwise they wouldn't be in the top10, because come on! We all know it's not tactics what brings you in the Top10, but simply refilling and pushing the button...

At least the "new" campers" guilds use their tactics, spend less gems than what they did before. ( or they choose to spend the many thousand gems in the last 10 hours...).

Let the heavy gem players battle against each other and let the other light gem/free guilds enjoy what is left of this free game.

Almost everyone seem to forget that a lot of teenagers also play this game, must they ask their parents for the credit card? Where is the fun for them? must they play another game because they can't use gems??

Finding solutions is not easy anymore, when we all suggest options, hopefully we can combine these to a better solution.

I apologise because I'm really struggling not to go all out on the ridiculousness of this comment...."punished for not using gems" don't be stupid. What you're really saying, is that the game should be made easier for people who don't spend gems!! How far world you take this? FUN spend more gems than 3rd place...so they shouldn't be matched. #6 spends more than #12 so nope, can't match them.

That's like taking any major sporting event, I'm going to take Soccer, and say that teams who aren't as rich as say Manchester United, or Barcelona, are being punished for not spending as much by being in the same league/having to play against them in cup events.

If you don't want to participate, don't declare! If you do, accept the fact that you could be matched according to the matching system.

I can't believe I'm actually reading a post that says Free/ligh gem players shouldn't face people who spend more gems, and that they are punished if they do. If you seriously feel this way, then you're in the wrong game, go find a game that is completely free for all.

Ps. I myself am a light gem player, always have been.

alonibb
09-30-2013, 04:38 AM
Couldn't disagree more, it isn't GREEs job to make sure you have a decent target, it's yours. Don't forget, when you have a decent target....it means the other guild may not...ie if u can hit their level 200 with level 100 players, they will be complaining about stupidly low targets nd low cp. End of the day..make yourself stronger. We all have occasional guilds we stand no chance against, you just want GREE to make it easier??

Its not in your hand to do anything about decent targets. If you are in a guild with players between 100k and 700k and you face guilds where everyone is above 2M. What is it you want that guild to do? The whole meaning with Guildwars and the matching is to fight against guilds which are aprox the same as yours. Sometimes little stronger and sometimes little weaker. But now 25% of our battles we have no target at all.

Its easy to say "grow stronger" but in fact the smartst thing to do is the opposite. Kick out the strongest and hope for more normal guilds in the war.

KM KAge
09-30-2013, 05:24 AM
Again....rankings should be irrelevant. Your asking for a top 150 guild never to match a top 10 guild...why? The only difference that you can guarantee without examining the 2 guilds is that 1 spends more than the other.

Take a top 150 guild...perhaps 42 members, total strength 50million..and a top 10 guild...38 members total strength 54million...why on earth shouldn't they be paired up? That is an even match as far as GREE should be concerned...who then chooses to spend gems to earn more CP is completely up to them and outside the bounds of matching.
I agtree with the premise, but not the math. Two major factors should come into play. Total strength and average strength. A guild with a total attack strength of about 50 million should never be matched against a guild with over 400 million, yet it happened. The other is average strength. If guilds are continuosly matched against guilds where most of the members cannot attack anything but the castle, the members will simply abandon the game.
This time around we have gotten quite used to losing. We have had only one match up so far that was even close, with the other guild being only 30 spots above us in the rankings. All others have been at least 90 spots above us, and I doubt that any of them were only 54 million. If we are able to score CP, then fine we take our losses. If we just have to "visit with our family and wait for the next war" too many times, then the chance of coming back for the next war diminishes greatly.

Vendetta V
09-30-2013, 05:38 AM
I apologise because I'm really struggling not to go all out on the ridiculousness of this comment...."punished for not using gems" don't be stupid. What you're really saying, is that the game should be made easier for people who don't spend gems!! How far world you take this? FUN spend more gems than 3rd place...so they shouldn't be matched. #6 spends more than #12 so nope, can't match them.

That's like taking any major sporting event, I'm going to take Soccer, and say that teams who aren't as rich as say Manchester United, or Barcelona, are being punished for not spending as much by being in the same league/having to play against them in cup events.

If you don't want to participate, don't declare! If you do, accept the fact that you could be matched according to the matching system.

I can't believe I'm actually reading a post that says Free/ligh gem players shouldn't face people who spend more gems, and that they are punished if they do. If you seriously feel this way, then you're in the wrong game, go find a game that is completely free for all.

Ps. I myself am a light gem player, always have been.

And for your information I'm also a gem user, but with many very light/ free players in my guild.

And also.. you talk about soccer? Soccer is about talent, not about how much money you pump in the organisation.
There have been many, many soccer players who were picked up from the street, because they are born with the talent.
Pushing a button is not a talent.

Anyway, I don't say, don't fight at all, but it must be fair play, fighting against guilds with similar stats.
FYI, I copied a part from Alonibb:

"The whole meaning with Guildwars and the matching is to fight against guilds which are aprox the same as yours. Sometimes little stronger and sometimes little weaker. But now 25% of our battles we have no target at all."

In above mentioned we of course talk about stats and not gem use.
Obviously the TOP10 ~TOP25 guilds all have already much higher stats than most other players. that is fai to fight against in your point of view?

There must be a middle way, hope you can see my point of view.

and FYI, my stats are around 3.5 mill, reasonable enough??

KM KAge
09-30-2013, 06:03 AM
FIX THE MATCHING ALGORITHM. Yet another top 25 matchup. This has gone beyond anything other than ridiculous. Again, we are top 200. Matched with FUN, Angry Red Heads twice, one of the top SB guilds, and most of the rest being top 75.

KM KAge
09-30-2013, 08:16 AM
FIX THE MATCHING ALGORITHM. Yet another top 25 matchup. This has gone beyond anything other than ridiculous. Again, we are top 200. Matched with FUN, Angry Red Heads twice, one of the top SB guilds, and most of the rest being top 75.
And the streak continues.
So GREE tell me. Have the complains trigger the switch intentionally to screw us over.
Less than 10% of the guilds are above us in ranking, which means that over 90% are ranked lower. Yet 100% of our matchups have been well above us in strength and ranking.
I am not normally a paranoid person, but the math just does not support the matchups.

E-I
09-30-2013, 08:56 AM
And the streak continues.
So GREE tell me. Have the complains trigger the switch intentionally to screw us over.
Less than 10% of the guilds are above us in ranking, which means that over 90% are ranked lower. Yet 100% of our matchups have been well above us in strength and ranking.
I am not normally a paranoid person, but the math just does not support the matchups.

Lots of top 10/25/50 guilds are intentionally trying to score low CP so that they can get matchups with guilds like yours. Teams all over are using this strategy. It sucks for you, but it is a result of all of these win-based quests. Don't expect it to change unless Gree totally revamps the matching system.

KM KAge
09-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Lots of top 10/25/50 guilds are intentionally trying to score low CP so that they can get matchups with guilds like yours. Teams all over are using this strategy. It sucks for you, but it is a result of all of these win-based quests. Don't expect it to change unless Gree totally revamps the matching system.
If that was true, then our scoring 14K, 18K and 20K in the past few wars should be having us match up against someone in the top 750, not a steady stream of top 75. Some matches I can believe, but not EVERY one.

Shinazueli
09-30-2013, 09:46 AM
If that was true, then our scoring 14K, 18K and 20K in the past few wars should be having us match up against someone in the top 750, not a steady stream of top 75. Some matches I can believe, but not EVERY one.

Hate to be the one to tell you this, but 15-20k puts you squarely in the top 200. You wanna compete at the 750 level try 2-3k per war.

KM KAge
09-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Hate to be the one to tell you this, but 15-20k puts you squarely in the top 200. You wanna compete at the 750 level try 2-3k per war.
If FUN while scoring gets matched against us while scoring approx 500K per war (36 million in 70 hours), then we should expect to be occasionally matched with someone scoring 1/10 of us, or about 2k. We have only seen one in top 150, 2 or 3 in top 100, and the rest higher than that.

Munseyspin
09-30-2013, 10:31 AM
The guild matching algorithm might need a look at. A few hours ago we were lying in 650th position at 170k cps were matched with Mmmonster at 3.35m cp's laying in about 20th at the time. Despite a valiant effort we lost. Only around 630 places different, lol. Surely that's got to be wrong?

KM KAge
09-30-2013, 11:00 AM
The guild matching algorithm might need a look at. A few hours ago we were lying in 650th position at 170k cps were matched with Mmmonster at 3.35m cp's laying in about 20th at the time. Despite a valiant effort we lost. Only around 630 places different, lol. Surely that's got to be wrong?
Okay, you have us beat. Congrats on the effort.

We just started our last war of the quest. Guess what A TOP 300 GUILD. Apologies to them for the losses.

Munseyspin
09-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Yep, 630 places raised a few eye brows it has to be said.

KM KAge
09-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Ah well, Just 17 days until we start this all over again.

Munseyspin
09-30-2013, 12:52 PM
17 days to be shafted again. That's too long.......need it more often than that!