PDA

View Full Version : Guild names

Darth Randy
09-27-2013, 06:00 PM
I hate to be a problem about this but I am seeing a lot of guild names that are objectionable. From 5 matchups we have fought guilds with these names;

My snatch
Cunning Stunts
FunFuknCrew

Really?

E-I
09-27-2013, 06:06 PM
I don't get it? Please explain.

Voxker
09-27-2013, 06:51 PM
I don't get it? Please explain.

offensive names

Cola3
09-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Coming from a poster named "Randy" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rand·y
ˈrandē/
adjective
adjective: randy; comparative adjective: randier; superlative adjective: randiest

informal
sexually aroused or excited.
Scottisharchaic
(of a person) having a rude, aggressive manner.

Origin

Rastlin
09-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Coming from a poster named "Randy" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rand·y
ˈrandē/
adjective
adjective: randy; comparative adjective: randier; superlative adjective: randiest

informal
sexually aroused or excited.
Scottisharchaic
(of a person) having a rude, aggressive manner.

Origin
HAHAHA Best post of the week!!!!!!!

Darth Randy
09-27-2013, 07:34 PM
As cute as Cola3's post is, it does not deflect my complaint, that there are too many vulgar inappropriate guild names like these. I don't care if you don't agree, it's how I feel, and since the game includes filters for offensive language, I assume its reasonable to voice my feelings. Call me an old goat if you like.

Rastlin
09-27-2013, 07:41 PM
As cute as Cola3's post is, it does not deflect my complaint, that there are too many vulgar inappropriate guild names like these. I don't care if you don't agree, it's how I feel, and since the game includes filters for offensive language, I assume its reasonable to voice my feelings. Call me an old goat if you like.
No really I understand what you are saying, and I agree. I just though Cola3's post was very funny that's all. :)

The Good Doctor
09-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Cunning Stunts will hence forth be known as Sly Tricks as to not offend anyone's delicate nature.

ELVIS2K13
09-27-2013, 08:04 PM

You said it yourself it's a game . Games are fun . Funny guild names make it more fun . Cheers to the creative and originally funny guild names .

Darth Randy
09-27-2013, 10:33 PM
You said it yourself it's a game . Games are fun . Funny guild names make it more fun . Cheers to the creative and originally funny guild names .

There in lies a different opinion. What you see as clever and funny I see as demeaning, vulgar, rude and low brow, actually devoid of intellect and creativity since none of them are original at all. My wife plays this game, my children play it, and I expect Gree to not expose them to language we don't use and don't like.

In response to Raistlin, I agree, Cola3's response was classic, but I don't want to derail my point.

Eddard KFF
09-27-2013, 11:08 PM
I hate to be a problem about this but I am seeing a lot of guild names that are objectionable. From 5 matchups we have fought guilds with these names;

My snatch
Cunning Stunts
FunFuknCrew

Really?

And wait till you fight the "rectum rippers" and see their members' names!

Shadows
09-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Some names may be offensive, some are funny, some are juvenile...

Usually you don't come across them except for wars, so I hope you won't be offended much playing this game...
I just don't wanna censor guilds... besides, who decides what is offensive and what is merely funny? Gree's censors? What if I disagree with Gree?

As long as you're okay with the names of your guild and guild members, I vote we just let it lie... and if you have a problem with your guild, choose another one ;-)

Sirius
09-28-2013, 12:23 AM
There's still some guidelines we have to follow folks!

The teams try to be as flexible as they can with this but some push the line for sure.

I've passed this along just in case.

Let's try not to have any guild puns with my name..seriously. ;)

StrictNine
09-28-2013, 06:22 AM
My guild is made up of middle aged folks mostly in their 30's and 40's. There were a lot of funny comments when we ran into My Snatch last war.

Skyraiders
09-28-2013, 07:01 AM
There's still some guidelines we have to follow folks!

The teams try to be as flexible as they can with this but some push the line for sure.

I've passed this along just in case.

Let's try not to have any guild puns with my name..seriously. ;)

you know you just jinxed yourself right..........