PDA

View Full Version : War quests have ruined the game

Sigfried
09-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Congratulations Gree. We have fought 7 battles now. Three have been against smaller guilds where everyone is several million in stats. The one we are fighting now hasn't even hit us. The just scored points as we scouted them and lost every time. We are losing 160 to 1760. They won't be spending any gems. And we won't either. It's obvious they aren't interested in scoring points. And if we face many more guilds like this I'm going to pull out the camping gear. Your Gree-d is your undoing. I don't expect to see much of the other guild members during this war. Frustration is extremely high and your popularity right now is lower than that of the US Congress.

Rastlin
09-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Wait I am confused? You want to them beat the crap out of you?

E-I
09-27-2013, 06:30 PM
This game has favored campers forever. This is nothing new. Sorry, I know the feeling.

Sigfried
09-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Rattling - is English your first language. We have no one we can hit and win, its that simple, their weakest player is stronger than our strongest player. All they are doing is the war quests. We have no hope of winning those or of placing decent in the war thanks to these super guilds that are being created just to win these war quests. But I don't care if you can't figure that out, I'm through.

Alleran
09-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Waaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaa! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

E-I
09-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Welcome to playing against FUN.

Rastlin
09-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Rattling - is English your first language. We have no one we can hit and win, its that simple, their weakest player is stronger than our strongest player. All they are doing is the war quests. We have no hope of winning those or of placing decent in the war thanks to these super guilds that are being created just to win these war quests. But I don't care if you can't figure that out, I'm through.
It is Rastlin...and Yes it is my first language, but as we can see not yours.... BUT nice try at insulting me...LOL BUT your crying is heard by all!!! You are lucky they didn't beat the crap out of you and cost you gold units....

Sigfried
09-27-2013, 07:21 PM
It is Rastlin...and Yes it is my first language, but as we can see not yours.... BUT nice try at insulting me...LOL BUT your crying is heard by all!!! You are lucky they didn't beat the crap out of you and cost you gold units....
Well rotting - **** you and the horse you rode in on.

Rastlin
09-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Well rotting - **** you and the horse you rode in on.
LOL thanks this made me smile. ;)

Muddy
09-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Totally 8 wars. 2 with FUN, 2 with FUN II.... Are you kidding?

Please don't forget Spectral Agony stole our guild (Golden Griffin) and Gree didn't do anything.

Ruger_888
09-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Welcome to playing against FUN.
This ^^^
If their stats are that high, I wonder if they just spent their gems before the war.

Darth Randy
09-27-2013, 07:53 PM
We hit a guild just like that. I agree the guild quests create these splinter guilds designed to win. They only attack enough to win, it makes getting winning streaks for middle of the road guilds impossible. There are also a bunch of very small guilds 1 or 2 people with similar stats, again geared to win these guild war quests, which is fine, but it does greatly negatively affect guilds not designed to exploit these quest, as the matching system seems to make no or little comparison of the average attack levels of a guilds members.

ELVIS2K13
09-27-2013, 08:02 PM
If you can't beat them , join them

BevFo
09-27-2013, 08:36 PM
I say good on those who took the initiative and thought smart. This is supposed to be a game of strategy after all. Perhaps get your thinking caps on and come up with your own strategies.

smart tiger
09-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Well, I don't quite understand what your problem is.. Is it that you are unhappy with the matching system? Or you think GREE tweaked the game and helped people form another strategy that you cannot handle?
Look, the options are clear in front of you.. Either fight recklessly and spend money on the game to gain higher ranks, or think it through and improvise as you progress through the game and spend gems only when necessary.. Or in my case, don't spend gems at all..

marko101
09-28-2013, 05:38 AM
It's not exploiting the quests it's completing!!! Any top guild can fight FUN and cry because they can't attack

We hit a guild just like that. I agree the guild quests create these splinter guilds designed to win. They only attack enough to win, it makes getting winning streaks for middle of the road guilds impossible. There are also a bunch of very small guilds 1 or 2 people with similar stats, again geared to win these guild war quests, which is fine, but it does greatly negatively affect guilds not designed to exploit these quest, as the matching system seems to make no or little comparison of the average attack levels of a guilds members.

LordIndy
09-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Congratulations Gree. We have fought 7 battles now. Three have been against smaller guilds where everyone is several million in stats. The one we are fighting now hasn't even hit us. The just scored points as we scouted them and lost every time. We are losing 160 to 1760. They won't be spending any gems. And we won't either. It's obvious they aren't interested in scoring points. And if we face many more guilds like this I'm going to pull out the camping gear. Your Gree-d is your undoing. I don't expect to see much of the other guild members during this war. Frustration is extremely high and your popularity right now is lower than that of the US Congress.

Unfortunately, you are complaining that someone is smarter than you at completing a quest. This is a war game and strategy wins wars. I have seen several of these guilds pop up too and admire their innovation. Unfortunately most of these are copy cats of the original guild to do this

Spi
09-28-2013, 09:05 AM
We were one of the original smart guilds :-), we knew it wouldn't take long before a lot jumped in...well, that's life.

But I do think there is a problem with the units and bonusses you can get with the Wins compared to the Ranking prizes, but Gree should redo those units, together with the ones you can buy, as balance is long gone

Darth Randy
09-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Why is there a matching system at all? The intent of these wars is to create challenge in matches, when you outsmart the design of the intent, you have exploited the designs weakness. Exploiting is not a bad word, nor a judgment, it's simply what's occurring. I don't care that people are doing what they need to do to win, in one form or another we are all doing the same. The issue here is, can the system design be adjusted to match the intent. Only by showing where/how the design fails can you answer that question.

I honestly don't know why it isn't as simple as factoring average and aggregate attack/defense of each guild and matching them within a range of that. Only the insane lack of balance for the top guilds makes this a problem as no analysis of stats will pair them with anyone but each other, which means only FUN would excel on the quests creating an even bigger gap between them and their closest competitors. In other words, as the original poster stated, it's the quests that's putting pressure to create a system that creates conflict with the intent.

sousas
09-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Why is there a matching system at all? The intent of these wars is to create challenge in matches, when you outsmart the design of the intent, you have exploited the designs weakness. Exploiting is not a bad word, nor a judgment, it's simply what's occurring. I don't care that people are doing what they need to do to win, in one form or another we are all doing the same. The issue here is, can the system design be adjusted to match the intent. Only by showing where/how the design fails can you answer that question.

I honestly don't know why it isn't as simple as factoring average and aggregate attack/defense of each guild and matching them within a range of that. Only the insane lack of balance for the top guilds makes this a problem as no analysis of stats will pair them with anyone but each other, which means only FUN would excel on the quests creating an even bigger gap between them and their closest competitors. In other words, as the original poster stated, it's the quests that's putting pressure to create a system that creates conflict with the intent.

Don't know if there will be a solution for that. We don't know GREE formula but only the result: More geems please

You can alway build LEVEL 10 WALL.... :)

But end result is more or less the same

Shinazueli
09-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Honestly, I don't understand why they just don't give the prizes to the top 2 and remove them from the battle pool. It's fairly obvious that they are the ones creating all of the problems. They could just pay a flat rate and call it good. Then the system would work as intended. But they've painted themselves into a corner now.

Darth Randy
09-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Just disband a guild once it wins a territory.

Darth Randy
09-28-2013, 06:46 PM
We've done around 20 wars now. We've won 2, we were close in 1 other. We are active enough, well were, but the discouragement of never having anything but a castle that our strongest players can hit is taking over tonight. Of our matches, about half have been against these mini-ringer guilds. I don't know how they were formed, I just know that with 1.3mil attack my only option war after war is the castle. These guilds do have some very low characters that show a little under 1 million defense(without bonuses) but I lose at least 1 of 4 to them so castle is a better option.

Yeah yeah, I know, quit my crying and get stronger or get lost. Getting stronger I've done, completing heroic LTQs and still each war I, and it appears my entire 50+ guild is seeing the same result. I don't see going through another war like this. It's not fun, it's just FUN, and I'm sick of it.

Rasputin
09-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Shinazueli
09-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Just a natural result of the war prize being hands down better than the rank prizes. That and the stupid matching algorithm catering to the top tier guilds. Waaaaaaah they had to wait for a match. Waaaah.

Followed by everyone that can do math deciding not to play with them.

Clarke
09-28-2013, 07:25 PM

We have been grossly overmatched in 10 of our 14 fights. We have faced the same small guilds who don't have to do anything to beat us as we have no chance of winning any PvP fights. This is no fun and our members are frustrated. Having competitive matches is win-win, both guilds have fun competing and there is a strong possibility that gems will be used. As it is I am considering looking for another game. Maybe FUN members still have fun spending money but as for the rest of us playing for fun- not so much any more.

Rasputin
09-28-2013, 07:52 PM
We have been grossly overmatched in 10 of our 14 fights. We have faced the same small guilds who don't have to do anything to beat us as we have no chance of winning any PvP fights. This is no fun and our members are frustrated. Having competitive matches is win-win, both guilds have fun competing and there is a strong possibility that gems will be used. As it is I am considering looking for another game. Maybe FUN members still have fun spending money but as for the rest of us playing for fun- not so much any more.

If you're getting "grossly overmatched" that frequently, I would suggest that the problem might be that you have a weak guild. It happens to everyone once in a while. But that level of frequency indicates that the problem isn't Gree or your opponents - it's you. Just sayin...

Rasputin
09-28-2013, 07:59 PM

Seriously? You're complaining that your win rate is exactly 1 battle different than the expected win rate of the overall game? Each battle has a winner and a loser. Total win rate in the game is exactly 50%. An you're 1 win OVER that level and complaining about it?!?! Seriously? This is not Lake Wobegone where everybody is above average. Get over it.

garen argon
09-28-2013, 08:01 PM
To the OP. The game is changing. Change with it. We all are dealing with the same issues as your guild. It's a pay
for play game. Play your way and have a great time.

marko101
09-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Stop crying and enjoy a fun game! You just said the problem your 1.3m attack!!! Your not going too beat gem spenders! This is just how the game works!

We've done around 20 wars now. We've won 2, we were close in 1 other. We are active enough, well were, but the discouragement of never having anything but a castle that our strongest players can hit is taking over tonight. Of our matches, about half have been against these mini-ringer guilds. I don't know how they were formed, I just know that with 1.3mil attack my only option war after war is the castle. These guilds do have some very low characters that show a little under 1 million defense(without bonuses) but I lose at least 1 of 4 to them so castle is a better option.

Yeah yeah, I know, quit my crying and get stronger or get lost. Getting stronger I've done, completing heroic LTQs and still each war I, and it appears my entire 50+ guild is seeing the same result. I don't see going through another war like this. It's not fun, it's just FUN, and I'm sick of it.