PDA

View Full Version : Why GREE do you refuse to fix CP?

Rastlin
09-29-2013, 03:45 PM
For months people have been upset on how CP is given, and how higher levels have to quit the game due to such low CP. I was in the middle of fighting a guy and leveled. I watched my CP go down from that point on the very next hit. Only game I that I have every played where when I tell my guild mates I just leveled instead of congrats, I get "oh crap!!" and "I am so sorry...." instead....

StrictNine
09-29-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm level 200. I don't know if it's my imagination but I'm getting decent CP, like 250, from guys in the 170's. Below that is garbage. Better than I remember though. I only spend gems when there are other level 200's I can beat and that ain't many since most of them are in top guilds.

Zenobia
09-29-2013, 04:01 PM
This penalty for leveling has brought me to the brink of quitting the game at this point.

Let's have an example. We are facing an opponent with a similar total number of players, similar number of players actually online for the battle, the same approximate range of stats, and the same number of gemmers online. Near the end of the battle, let's say we have 6 gemmers online and they have 6. We have targets on their team, they have targets on ours. Only difference is the targets we have are lvl 180. Our online gemmers are mostly around that level. On the other team, all but one player is under that lvl 180 player. Their target on our team is lvl 190. Their players online who can hit that target are average level 140. What happens?

We score 180 CP per hit average. They score 350 CP per hit average. We have the same amount of people on. We spend the same amount. We have the same stats. But Gree has made leveling a penalty and therefore made it impossible for us to win. Not unless we have TWO TIMES as many gemmers online at the end.

WTF is the point of playing a game where you are 1000x better off abandoning the character you have worked a year and a half on to create a new player that actually has a chance of scoring CP? Well, in six months. After throwing your year and half of efforts in the toilet.

Dark Angel KA
09-29-2013, 04:05 PM
You should get cp based on the level you hit. Higher levels give more cp. And it's the same for everyone. Level 200 gives 400 cp or 420 and a certain amount for each level. This will also reduce the number of campers and LLP because it won't matter if you are level 20 and can beat a level 100 because the level 100 would be a certain amount of cp for everyone.

DragCro
09-29-2013, 04:17 PM
@Gree or increase a lv gap to 250 or make adjustments so lv 200 player can make at least 350 CP points for hit when hitting player in same level as him..Its not ok to punish lv 200 players during war event,they are not equal with others and they need to spend more,i think that is just wrong..

Zenobia
09-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Exactly, DragCo. The most fundamental imbalance in this game right now, IMO, is not that the top guilds have so many bonuses soon no one will be able to ever get half their stats. That is what it is. We draw FUN or RK, we come back in an hour, and deem it fair if we don't get that kind of match-up too often as a Top 50 team.

But when one guild has to spend TWICE AS MUCH MONEY to get the same CP as another guild with similar stats, THAT is fundamentally unfair. The game is BROKEN as it is.

Dark Angel KA
09-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Increasing level cap wouldn't help that much. Because then no one will go for 250 because then they are punished. Then when people do get to 250 then it's the same problem as right now.

StrictNine
09-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Exactly, DragCo. The most fundamental imbalance in this game right now, IMO, is not that the top guilds have so many bonuses soon no one will be able to ever get half their stats. That is what it is. We draw FUN or RK, we come back in an hour, and deem it fair if we don't get that kind of match-up too often as a Top 50 team.

But when one guild has to spend TWICE AS MUCH MONEY to get the same CP as another guild with similar stats, THAT is fundamentally unfair. The game is BROKEN as it is.

Well said Zen, I have to spend a ton to keep up with a guild that is not only doubling but sometimes tripling my CP. I too have a llp where I see what is possible and it's not even close.

Voxker
09-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Why must you complain over this? its rng man.

Shinazueli
09-29-2013, 08:22 PM
It's not rng. If it was you wouldn't see intelligent people complaining about it. It's f'ing rigged to squeeze more money out of players the longer they play. And until Gree sees their bottom line move nothing will happen.

Voxker
09-29-2013, 08:28 PM
It's not rng. If it was you wouldn't see intelligent people complaining about it. It's f'ing rigged to squeeze more money out of players the longer they play. And until Gree sees their bottom line move nothing will happen.

my cp vary a lot when i get the chance to attack someone, like this lvl 200 was giving me between 250-450 cp. do i complain? no its still a good amount of cp compared to 80-150

Rastlin
09-29-2013, 11:23 PM
So you want to change the game again so the Top Guilds get even stonger and it gets even more difficult for the middle and lower level guilds to cross the divides. In your posts do you ever consider the impact on guilds outside the Top 50?
LOT'S of people over level 160+ in guilds outside Top 50... This is something that effects EVERYONE as they level, not just any one guild. In your posts do you every consider anyone but yourself? If you have followed me at all you would see I am about fairness for all. Look at the thread talking about changing Blessings. I state I think they should have expiration dates on them. Being that I am someone with a few Blessings myself, I would only lose in that change....

Hersh
09-30-2013, 04:42 AM
I am level 165. So the issue impacts me too, but I accept it for what it is and get on with it. I dont ask for the game to be changed for my benefit. I worry about the 99% who make this game.

This affects Way more than the top 50 guilds, unless you are under the severe misconception that only top guilds have level 200s?

The fact of the matter is, only in recent months has leveling become a true punishment (it's had it's drawbacks for forever, but with guild wars has become an actual punishment). This means that almost 100% of the long term players that are still around (coincidentally not nearly as much as there were in the start of guild wars) are punished or being long term players. The only people truly not punished by this are the "newer" players that started around the start of guild wars (lucky me!)

Points should e given out base solely on he defenders level, with a random variable thrown in. This will make it so that any level player can score decent cp, the higher your attack, the better (if your attack is high for your level, than you can attack higher level players, an receive above average points, which is already part of the system), while still allowing high level players to get decent points.

I'm at a loss of how you think this only benefits top guilds? Even if you are thinking that because FUN and RK have man level 200 players, they are still the top two spots by MILLIONS of cp, to think that balancing the game for everyone will make them stronger, is ludicrous. You don't he stronger based on your base cp, you get stronger (from wars) due to placement.

King Ben
09-30-2013, 07:07 AM
The penalty for being high level will also stop players from outside the existing top teams aspiring to join the top teams. It does affect beyond players whom are in the top. I was with a 750/1250 team for a couple of CoK, moved to top 50/75, then top 25 and am now with a top 10 (for the current CoK). Am level 184 and attracted a lot of attacks, and have had to spend a lot just to catch up.

Yes, this is part of the game as per current setup. But it, together with other issues that Gree has not resolved, makes me think real hard if I should retire from being (moderate to heavy) gem player.

These are at least 2 shortcomings of the current model, making high level players think of quitting and impeding mobility of high level players ....

Hersh
09-30-2013, 07:32 AM
Simple/logical way to do points:
2xLevel +- .25level

Level 10 gives from 17/18-22/23
Level 200 gives from 350-450

Vile Lynn
10-03-2013, 08:47 AM
There will be plenty of players racing for L250 once the max level cap is raised.

GREE will give a LT-reward for reaching L250.

TK275
10-03-2013, 09:08 AM
The CP issue has nothing to do with level cap, and increasing it will not solve the problem. A very good and simple solution has been mentioned in this thread a couple times, give CPs based on the level of the player you attack. That is a fair system for high level players and low level players. It has nothing to do with top guilds gaining an advantage, there are high level players in ALL guilds.

Personally i would like to be able to actually play the game again. I'd like to be able to farm for gold and level maps to build my stats, instead i have to watch every thing i do and decide if its worth the XP. This method of awarding CPs has brought the game to a halt, outside of the never ending events that we have.

larrydavid
10-03-2013, 09:57 AM
It's simple. less cp = more money.

Level cap in MW just kicked up to 300. I bet KA is coming soon.

CP is based on level ratio and how close your stats are. When I hit another L200 and he/she is close in stats (~300k) I get 300-350CP. Neve have I seen 400 at L200 tho.

Darth Randy
10-03-2013, 10:18 AM
I am lvl 179, I am no where near top 100 guilds. I leveled when leveling wasnt really a big penalty, except on the Elite boss events. The way the CP is figured is dumb.

I have only posted this about 10 times before but I will post it again.

The formula for CP should be thus;

Attackers level = A
Defenders level = D

(A + (D*.5))*rng

This eliminates level penalty and instead REWARDS leveling up, which is what every other game in the world does. It also continues to reward attacking the highest possible target you can.

Simple and fair, but no added profit for Gree, so it wont happen.

Dexter Morgan
10-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Hopefully gree mods read this thread and take note. There are many plsyers that don't post her that feel the same way. And it doesn't matter how it gets done but highest cp should be awarded for hitting lvl 200 and decreasing as the level decreases. It's time to end the punishment of your most dedicated players

travelingsalesman
10-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Hopefully gree mods read this thread and take note. There are many plsyers that don't post her that feel the same way. And it doesn't matter how it gets done but highest cp should be awarded for hitting lvl 200 and decreasing as the level decreases. It's time to end the punishment of your most dedicated players Totally Agree

Zenobia
10-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Hopefully gree mods read this thread and take note. There are many players that don't post her that feel the same way. And it doesn't matter how it gets done but highest cp should be awarded for hitting lvl 200 and decreasing as the level decreases. It's time to end the punishment of your most dedicated players
Very well put, Dexter.

The inability of high-level players to score decent points is also tearing guilds apart. That is a big reason for the rise of one-player guilds. I will continue with MoC until one day I am through with the game, because playing with my friends is what keeps this game fun for me, but guilds are falling apart much faster than previously. Why continue to play when not only are you penalized for leveling, but the whole guild scenario falls apart as those who want to win go solo/tiny guild?

Shinazueli
10-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Cp scoring didn't cause 1-man or mini guilds. Outrageous war prize stats did. If you got just as many stats for being a top50 guild (total) as the war prize gave [by either reducing the war prize, or increasing the rank prizes cumulative total] then you wouldn't see as many micro guilds formed. People will do what brings them the most stats.

That being said, fixing the war prize fiasco will only serve to reinforce the existing CP scoring problem, which I don't think they will do anything at all about. If you think about it, it means that as you continue to play the game, you will be forced to either spend or spend more in order to provide the same amount of CPs to your team. That means the longer you play the more Gree makes off of you. Which is why they are obstinate about changing it. Because it affects their bottom line.

Jnsolberg
10-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Agreed Dexter!

Tubs
10-04-2013, 12:45 PM
The CP issue has nothing to do with level cap, and increasing it will not solve the problem. A very good and simple solution has been mentioned in this thread a couple times, give CPs based on the level of the player you attack. That is a fair system for high level players and low level players. It has nothing to do with top guilds gaining an advantage, there are high level players in ALL guilds.

Personally i would like to be able to actually play the game again. I'd like to be able to farm for gold and level maps to build my stats, instead i have to watch every thing i do and decide if its worth the XP. This method of awarding CPs has brought the game to a halt, outside of the never ending events that we have.

Agree ....I'm sick of the whole leveling issue as well and don't see it as something strategic but an irritation and punishment for old players. Bring back the fun days of boring bog standard map quests and change cp rules so that everyone can join in the whole game in a fair manner regardless of level.

Krayt
10-04-2013, 01:07 PM
I just wish there was a formula that makes sense. Why do I hit someone four times my level but get less than 300 points. I hardly ever get a 400 point hit even after hitting someone well above my level.