PDA

View Full Version : You might be a Youngster if you don't "Remember When?"

Rastlin
09-30-2013, 05:39 PM
I was think while playing with my Mini, and I thought wow! So this is for all us old timers out there that want to post about their remember when's in KA. The youngsters will think of this like hearing stories of walking 5 miles in the snow with no shows to get to school... lol :p

I remember when I almost quit the game because I had tired my 4th run for my BD10 (if you don't what that is, you might be a youngster) and failed again for the forth time. I was so happy when I finally made it and was about to join the "elite" that had Dragons. Remember we even had an on going thread just to congratulate people for when they finally made it.
I remember when I started the very first war and I was over level 110 and had pretty good stats at 150k.
I remember when there was a thread about what your lowest top 45 unit was, and people would be very impressed with someone that had a 1,100/1,100 unit there.
I remember when most threads were people asking questions, and people really tried to help them.
I remember that great feeling when I finally found someone over vault, and knew I was going to make a lot of gold.
What do you Remember When?

Euchred
09-30-2013, 05:50 PM
I remember the epicness of going over vault to build my first manor. (Was actually playing a round of golf at the time and let about 3 group pass me while I was on my phone)
I remember getting defensive wins against FUNs cola. (Had to be the first month after launch)
I remember finding gold hackers early that I attacked in order to build my battering ram army.
I remember farming equipment from the 100% drop male owlbears. (When it meant something)

There's a blank space after that till events started XD

StrictNine
09-30-2013, 05:52 PM
I remember when there were no events and leveling was the thing to do.

Don't know about anyone else but I remember on the gen 1 IPad not getting free gems and sitting for hours writing down invite codes from the comments on the game in the Apple store until I reached 500. Pages and pages...

Voxker
09-30-2013, 05:55 PM
i remember finishing my first small LTQ (about 6 months or so before guilds came out) and it was Goblin King with like 130/130 stats... i thought that it was absolutely amazing...

VVolf
09-30-2013, 05:58 PM
I remember when it was actually worth it to buy the gem units from the store....

Sparky14
09-30-2013, 06:01 PM
I remember bugging my husband for months to "stop playing that stupid game". I finally started my own game in July and I'm hooked!

War Eagle
09-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Nice post idea! I remember when...

...The units awarded for completing lvl 5 map mastery were actually worth it. That's another topic (like BD10) where we had an active thread going to track those units, which for many people were there first indestructible units.

...I was so excited to receive my Arcane Defender for the first and only IPH event.

...I got recruited for the first war and felt on top of the world withy full dragon army and 300k stats.

...I still had to "plan" my kingdom. Which unit buildings to build, upgrade. Man I still remember those early days of buying Beserkers and Centurions with my lvl 10 Barracks.

I'll stop there... otherwise the list would go on and on... I'm just too nostalgic.

Shadows
09-30-2013, 06:11 PM
I remember when there were no such things as LTQs...

you had to finish lvl 5 of a map to get an "invincible" unit...

the quest log was full of quests that you tried your damnedest to finish to level up (and it was worth it!)

You planned hard to be able to buy the units in the Units tab because they were sooo dominant!

Burnt flesh
09-30-2013, 06:14 PM
I remember the first guild war and thinking 'why am I being attacked so much'?
I remember buying units by the hundreds
I remember getting excited the new gold units
I also remember buying my first manor, then thinking, I'll never get it lvl 2. Now lvl 6
I remember seeing my first 400k stat person and thinking 'hacker'

LegoLass
09-30-2013, 06:54 PM
This hits home . . . I actually found a page of invite codes I'd written down the other day.

Don't know about anyone else but I remember on the gen 1 IPad not getting free gems and sitting for hours writing down invite codes from the comments on the game in the Apple store until I reached 500. Pages and pages...

Also, BD9 and BD10 runs . . was over-vault for 30 minutes on my BD10 run and someone started attacking me. I posted a desperate message on his wall and he stopped. Now he's my guild-mate.

Buying and upgrading unit buildings, which I didn't bother with on my LLP. I was pretty excited to be able to buy the 33/29 Death Knight!!

Being excited to earn enough honor points to get the cannon! Still have 47 of them ;)

Thanks for the great thread, Rastlin!

plavine
09-30-2013, 07:18 PM
I remember when this game required strategy not a second mortgage

plavine
09-30-2013, 07:19 PM
I remember breaking 100k attack and thinking I was in the top 25%

Dark Angel KA
09-30-2013, 07:20 PM
I remember when I got the Vampire Hunter which was about 400/200 and it was my best unit for a long time.

plavine
09-30-2013, 07:21 PM
I remember when leveling up in a game was "the prime objective"

Intrance
09-30-2013, 07:34 PM
I remember farming tons of beetles at dwarven mines for the mithril blade, which was the best weapon at that time. Never got it

Euchred
09-30-2013, 07:36 PM
I remember farming tons of beetles at dwarven mines for the mithril blade.

That's a good one, I spent countless xp for it. I think it took me about 300 or something crazy.

pendentive
09-30-2013, 11:28 PM
I remember buying lots of lots of flaming trebuchets because having machine units was the key to success in the game.

pendentive
09-30-2013, 11:29 PM
I also remember when they "adjusted" the values of the buy-able units....went way up.
Anyone else?

Dirt road Joe
09-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Crime City Mark

It's all a dream
10-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Crime City Mark

miss him!

- I remember scratchers being worth someting.
- I remember the1andOnly letting us now the ltq progress
- I remember WildStallion on top of the Leaderboard.
- I remember iph was actually important instead of for fun.
- I remember boycott war (you should have heard the gemmers complaining about free play :))
- I remember the dying high priests and trebuchets.
- I remember 'there be dragons' :)

Shinazueli
10-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Cj54. Rip.

Cxxxmm
10-01-2013, 03:57 AM
I remember when I finished my first event, winning Peilious - gem free - and thinking I could be a one man guild

Pophai
10-01-2013, 05:48 AM
I remember when I left my first guild. I felt sad about leaving all those nice people behind I called friends. And felt homeless and lonely while looking for a new guild. I was so happy I found a new group of people that actually became a family.

RandomUser
10-01-2013, 08:25 AM
I remember when you could attack someone 20 times before they were too weak. Then it was 12. Then it was unlimited for a bit.

I remember when half of us showed boosted stats for units, but half didn't.

I remember when the Wizard's Spire was an integral part of your game strategy.

I remember PvP events and how nearly impossible it was to be able to find an unraided, uncollected castle sometimes, and then other times you'd find one right away.

I remember when people would stop attacking you if you asked them nicely.

I remember when people asked you nicely to stop attacking them.

I remember when the end-all, be-all sign that you were a dedicated KA player was having a "full dragon army".

I remember when boss events were near impossible.

I remember when Jonny and Ratma hadn't gotten fed up yet and posted lots of humor here.

StrictNine
10-01-2013, 09:38 AM
I remember PvP events and how nearly impossible it was to be able to find an unraided, uncollected castle sometimes, and then other times you'd find one right away.

Almost forgot about those, man I hated that.

Rastlin
10-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Keep them coming! These are great! :)

Person
10-01-2013, 03:54 PM
i remember when i was the top of my battle list at lvl 96 with 35k attack and 110 allies :)

Toddiekska
10-01-2013, 06:17 PM
I remember hunting for armor and weapon drops when certain mobs had a table of drops and rates.

Alucard47
10-01-2013, 06:34 PM
I didn't think I've been playing that long, but I remember every single one of these.

When I made 100k attack I thought I was a BA. Now, if you're not to 100k by level 15-20, you're behind the times. What a great thread Rastlin!

Zenobia
10-01-2013, 07:11 PM
I remember buying lots of lots of flaming trebuchets because having machine units was the key to success in the game.

omg I bought sooooooooo many of those! And soooooooo many died left and right lol. Which leads me to...
I remember when I NEEDED the WToH. Especially when...
I remember when the PvP quests involved attacking damn barracks for a gazillion losses.

I remember the elation of completing my first LTQ... for the Vallata. Now I have 4 of them lol.
I remember when I could name all the indestructible units I had.

I remember joining this forum almost a year ago and being a total n00b lol. I remember joining because I needed to find some advice / strategy for the long-lost art of the BD run.
And hand-in-hand with that, I remember when the vault limit was 330k.

I remember when my spreadsheet with all my units, buildings, equipment, etc. had only one tab for all my units. I remember when the units and equipment had no rhyme, reason or order so after a while it started taking forever to find new stuff in my inventory.

And it's not really applicable yet since it was not that long ago yet for most of us, but I remember when I retired my last BBR because (other than a few honor units) my army became entirely indestructible. (Mine was in the middle of the first Raid Boss.) That will be an I remember when in a few months. :)

GREAT thread idea, Rastlin, and great contributions!

E-I
10-01-2013, 07:13 PM
I remember when the game ran relatively bug free and customer service was only slightly incompetent.

It was a long, LONG time ago.

Bb233
10-01-2013, 07:38 PM
I remember when one of the original RK guys would post riddles on his allies walls and ask for the answer to the riddles.

shaman01
10-01-2013, 08:01 PM
I remember pendragon and wild stallion and pirate justice

Without a Paddle?
10-01-2013, 08:14 PM
I remember when level 5 mastery of a map actually was thought of as good.

But it's been said, my biggest two are when dragons were the end all be all and leveling up only meant you had more skill points to spend and that was a good thing.

Burnt flesh
10-01-2013, 08:21 PM
I have some more worth mentioning

I remember when armor and weapons were still in my top 45

I remember having never heard of FUN

I remember getting excited about raiding a lvl 5 silo

I remember buting a gem unit and thinking I was cool.

nicsonology
10-01-2013, 08:50 PM
i remember the first time i buying gems is complete ltq and got the stupid "Priest of Set" (3076/2624) it still dun have heoric mode, around Jan or Feb,

i remember the first time I look like an idiot to tap tap tap a pvp event is walking around in H & M with my gf, it got the first "Battle-Scarred Brawler" (1140/860), last Dec or Jan

Ratma2001
10-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Well, what a lot of memeories here !, love it good to see so much going on and no trolling , i remember the Dragoons ( cause Jonny hated it when i spelt it that way) ! fierce firebreathin mungrels !, cost a fortune and shat everywhere! used to eat Wyverns for brunch, I remember all the good laughs to be had here , all the information given from anyone who was online for the N00bs , the massive stats of 300K ! , i remember The1nONLY was just 50K in stats above me at 1 stage....long time ago, now its 10 Million+ , the BD runs where a "Startegic" part of the game , ohh the run I had it done in 1 night, i raided like a mad man, I used to log on once at night after work ....now its every 30 minutes, I remember The1nONLY telling me the BEST unit was "Preist Of Sands" with huge stats, save you gems and buy these he told me. The rest is as they say history!
Ohh those were the days when the game rocked my WORLD ! Awesome!
Jonny's banter and Jokes Winny's blunt and direct point (we know what happened) always there in every post, Dr Dengus with insight to new areas and KOD , Rastlin,Titan, Ghost, Ticapi...so many all helpful even RK's were there , such good times and Commraderie .
Sadly missed now !

Shinazueli
10-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Well, what a lot of memeories here !, love it good to see so much going on and no trolling , i remember the Dragoons ( cause Jonny hated it when i spelt it that way) ! fierce firebreathin mungrels !, cost a fortune and shat everywhere! used to eat Wyverns for brunch, I remember all the good laughs to be had here , all the information given from anyone who was online for the N00bs , the massive stats of 300K ! , i remember The1nONLY was just 50K in stats above me at 1 stage....long time ago, now its 10 Million+ , the BD runs where a "Startegic" part of the game , ohh the run I had it done in 1 night, i raided like a mad man, I used to log on once at night after work ....now its every 30 minutes, I remember The1nONLY telling me the BEST unit was "Preist Of Sands" with huge stats, save you gems and buy these he told me. The rest is as they say history!
Ohh those were the days when the game rocked my WORLD ! Awesome!
Jonny's banter and Jokes Winny's blunt and direct point (we know what happened) always there in every post, Dr Dengus with insight to new areas and KOD , Rastlin,Titan, Ghost, Ticapi...so many all helpful even RK's were there , such good times and Commraderie .
Sadly missed now !

I still fondly look at my Priests of the Sand.

Vachau
10-02-2013, 03:42 AM
So many of your memories above hit home for me...
I remember when my guild had 20 people and we were all desperately donating gold so we could expand.
I remember when I used to play the game causally and that was enough to do well.
I remember when I bought my Breeding Den and thought, level 10 will give me the ability to be invincible.

larrydavid
10-02-2013, 04:13 AM
I remember when I could see my Hyrdas on my top 45....bwahahahaha!
I remember when there were no guilds - first morning I woke up and joined We the People (all random)...still with them!

I think I've been playing for near 500-600 days...how long has everyone else?

Dexter Morgan
10-02-2013, 05:16 AM
Great thread!!! All have hit home for me

I remember when this forum was a helpful place where people could find info. Now it's overrun with trolls

uashsar
10-02-2013, 06:07 AM
I remember when I found the Kingdom Planner (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqX4lDb5cyUvdGxyTXZFeTRBc1poXy1xcVg0cHFKQ UE#gid=1), and made my own version for optimizing the upgrades looking weeks ahead. It has served me since July 10th 2012.

Silent follower
10-02-2013, 07:12 AM
I remember when.... The daily scratcher units were good, especially when I got my only 5 same unit from a daily scratcher, and the Shadow Warrior (435/292) was like 10* stronger than my next strongest. Now my 45th is probably 10* stronger than it...

Belcar
10-02-2013, 07:26 AM
I remember when ... I had a life.

David.
10-02-2013, 07:44 AM
I remember the first ltq, the overcrowded map and everyone re-installing the game 10 times a day.

Vile Lynn
10-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Great thread!

I remember...

...camping from day #1 in KA and being a beast with 40K stats at L30.

...leveling up on purpose by PvPing all day for the fight goal rewards.

...having a 10,000:10 attack record.

...JB's epic thread "There Be Dragons!"

...finally upgrading my BD to L10 on Christmas Day! I wanted Dragons for Christmas.

...when having a full dragon army was the way to power.

...thinking that I'll never be able to upgrade all of my boost buildings to L10.

...when RK was feared, DW was respected, and FK was special.

justsomedood5
10-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Nice thread Rastlin.

I'm curious - who's got the record for having bought the most "Priest of Sands" units, and how many do they have?

socpa
10-02-2013, 06:50 PM
1- When defense buildings meant something.
2 - When stat inflation wasn't as crazy. It took me more than a year to reach my 1st million in a/d...about 3 months to reach my 2nd million, about 2 - 3 weeks to reach my 3rd million, about 2 weeks to reach my 4th million, almost at 5 million now.

Klassenr@hotmail.com
10-03-2013, 08:58 AM
When 'the one and only' unit event came out and thinking no unit will ever surpass those numbers!
Iirc it was 40k/50k +/-

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
10-03-2013, 09:24 AM
I smiled as I remember all of those, and having gone through most of them myself.

But I also remember when it was legendary if you completed a boss event, and The1AndOnly making it a point you couldn't get to boss 25 (30?) without 70k attack at level 50.

And I remember the relief when the level cap increased above 75, having been raided and attacked by so many people who had the outrageous stats of 50k and above

...when the highest and most awesome IPH was 10k-12k.

....wondering how the heck someone could get to level 200 so fast, when the dedicated gamers weren't even above 175 yet (yes, hackers...then it was so obvious they stuck out like a sore thumb)

Samskill
10-03-2013, 10:02 AM
I rmb those days when KA is run under Funzio. Now it's Grief....

MaverickMunkey
10-03-2013, 01:27 PM
I remember when I finished the Championship tournament level 29 and it disappeared
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38281-CHAMPIONSHIP-ROUNDS-END-AT-29-Anyone-else-seen-this&highlight=champion+tournament

I remember getting the AMAZING "Foot Soldier Champion with 5/5 stats"

Same here Spectra - still haven't got my head round why they gave (and still give) such an appaling prize!

Napalmdude
10-03-2013, 11:47 PM
I remember when my Guild Leader congratulated me for going over 100k def/att & I was so proud!

It's all a dream
10-04-2013, 03:38 AM
i remember thorrodin passing the magical 1m stats :rolleyes:

DragCro
10-04-2013, 05:42 AM
I remember when this game was more relaxed and i had time to play all 4 gree(funzio) games,
sadly i had to quit them playing bacause now i need to be online most of the day just to keep up with one game..

I miss old days,i played more with some strategy and how and what to do to max my stats or income..i was happy with 100 k stats and i was happy when i killed epic boss 30 to get that great unit to boost my stats.

I remember great players and forumite that made this game great and now they are gone.

Tubs
10-04-2013, 12:28 PM
I remember finishing all of the Quests and being disappointed that there weren't any more additional Maps/Quests....those were the days when you weren't paniking about your level.....:-)