PDA

View Full Version : can we do a gem free war

fred1234
10-03-2013, 05:16 AM
just wondering with all people not getting units they won fair and square but not in there war chest is about time we had another gem free war putting in tickets gets you nowhere so maybe ka needs a shove

Vachau
10-03-2013, 05:30 AM
Sorry. Not going to happen. You can try it in your guild, though. Maybe 10% will follow. See how it works.

AllFather Odin
10-03-2013, 05:34 AM
After each war, i see heavy gem players posting farewells and goodbyes. It's gonna eventually hurt Gree as I can't see new players come in and dropping large like that anymore. Our guild's founder recently retired because Gree wasn't able to fix their problems and told him to start over. Yeah, right........

Raistlin-MN
10-03-2013, 06:56 AM
What would be a very interesting war to see outcomes would be if Gree forcibly didn't allow gem use during a war. Obviously, cp totals would drop ridiculously, and I never see Gree considering it from a financial standpoint. But man would that be interesting to see what comes about from a spending-level war.

It's all a dream
10-03-2013, 07:20 AM
What would be a very interesting war to see outcomes would be if Gree forcibly didn't allow gem use during a war. Obviously, cp totals would drop ridiculously, and I never see Gree considering it from a financial standpoint. But man would that be interesting to see what comes about from a spending-level war.

would mean still the same winner. all comes down to active and health regen then. perhaps some interesting changes down below, but the winner is the same.

Raistlin-MN
10-03-2013, 08:34 AM
That's definitely a possibility, but - using math and hypothetical situations:

Assuming a guild with 60 members, an average of 300 cp per win, 38 possible battles in a 4 day period because it would require an hour to regen to full: Maximum CP of roughly 4.8 million.

This also assumes that all players in the guild are available and every fight is a win. I'm not sure even FUN could pull that off...

RandomUser
10-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Gem boycott for a war was tried already. It suppressed CP totals slightly. Most people sort of stuck with it for 24 hrs, but by the end, it was a free-for-all again when it became clear that plenty of players/guilds were no longer sticking with it.

If you had a war where refilling stamina were disabled, yes, I agree the rankings would remain fairly similar.

Vile Lynn
10-03-2013, 09:05 AM
...is about time we had another gem free war putting in tickets gets you nowhere so maybe ka needs a shove

Gem boycott for a war was tried already. It suppressed CP totals slightly. Most people sort of stuck with it for 24 hrs, but by the end, it was a free-for-all again when it became clear that plenty of players/guilds were no longer sticking with it.

The OP acknowledged the past gem boycott. IMHO, very few players stuck with it, and TBH, the guild I was in said we were going along with the gem boycott but not everybody got the memo or followed thru if they agreed to boycott.

Sure, we can do another gem boycott, but doing the same thing and expecting different results is not too smart.

Valid or
10-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Think you have about as good a chance at this, as asking Walmart to close for Black Friday, or Boxing Day.

larrydavid
10-03-2013, 10:14 AM

Assuming a guild with 60 members, an average of 300 cp per win, 38 possible battles in a 4 day period because it would require an hour to regen to full: Maximum CP of roughly 4.8 million.

This also assumes that all players in the guild are available and every fight is a win. I'm not sure even FUN could pull that off...

Not sure who taught you math, but your numbers add up to ****.

300 (CP/hit) X 4 (hits/battle) * 38 (battles) * 60 (players) =....dun da da daaaa 2,736,000.

CP would be closer to 2.7mil. That doesn't include any losses or walls...not very realistic.

justsomedood5
10-03-2013, 10:20 AM
I don't buy the 38 battles. Even if you've got to wait 15 minutes for a 25% regen, that means you can hit 4 times per hour. So theoretical maximum should be more like:

300 (CP/hit) X 4 (hits/battle) * 72 (battles) * 60 (players) = ~5.2mm CP

Of course, you'd also have to deal with walls and losses. Though you could get some boost from defensive wins.

RandomUser
10-03-2013, 01:05 PM
That assumes all 60 players would stay awake for 72 straight hours.

Krayt
10-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Also, there are a couple health regens out there (FUN could tell you better). So some will heal quicker

Raistlin-MN
10-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Also, there are a couple health regens out there (FUN could tell you better). So some will heal quicker

That was included in my original calculations of an estimated 7 hits per battle, then a resting battle. It's all hypothetical, but still doesn't reduce my interest in seeing what would happen.

It's all a dream
10-03-2013, 02:08 PM
That was included in my original calculations of an estimated 7 hits per battle, then a resting battle. It's all hypothetical, but still doesn't reduce my interest in seeing what would happen.

Lol you really have no idea about health regens in the game.

Rastlin
10-03-2013, 02:55 PM

FUN's health boosts are very high. They get about 8 hits in an hour, while many players are still at 4 or 5. With their stats over 10 million (some past 14 million now), and their health boost they are still completely unbeatable in a gem free war.

Shinazueli
10-03-2013, 04:33 PM
FUN's health boosts are very high. They get about 8 hits in an hour, while many players are still at 4 or 5. With their stats over 10 million (some past 14 million now), and their health boost they are still completely unbeatable in a gem free war.

It may not change the top3 rankings, but it would certainly shake up the next100. The difference in stats between top25 and top100 isn't as huge as between top3 and top10. I personally think the only real thing they could do to "rebalance" the war system would be to remove the top10 from the pool entirely, take their historical gem spend and charge them, and just give them the prizes. Let everyone else fight over the next 1240 rankings on a somewhat level footing.

aphroKEN
10-03-2013, 04:38 PM
FUN members are pretty active. Combine that with their high health regen and 60 members within the guild, I think they will still score enough points for first spot.

Shinazueli
10-03-2013, 04:42 PM
FUN members are pretty active. Combine that with their high health regen and 60 members within the guild, I think they will still score enough points for first spot.

Of course they will. But contrary to the mods belief, FUN isn't actually the only guild in KA; nor are they the only ones affected by changes in the game.

Dark Angel KA
10-03-2013, 06:51 PM
I like these rewards a lot. Better designs than usual so I won't go gem free. I want these.