PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, Sirius???

JoeDaddy
10-06-2013, 04:07 AM
I know that others have brought this up, but I'm bringing it up again. It's nearly halfway through the event and you guys STILL haven't corrected the missing modifier bonus on the Raid Boss Heroic prize. I can only assume this is an oversight, as you've had modifiers on nearly EVERY major prize unit for months, including the 2 previous Raid Bosses. So PLEASE correct this oversight before our guild, along with all the others who are plowing through this event get to the difficult (expensive) part. Because as it stands this prize, even if you doubled the stats, isn't anywhere near worth it without the modifier.

C'mon Sirius, can you guys run just ONE event where we don't have to take to the forum with pleas to fix it??

P4TR1C14N
10-06-2013, 04:20 AM
I can't agree more... Come on... Do your job!

Vendetta V
10-06-2013, 04:24 AM
GREE probably thinks that all guilds who will try to finish the heroic part have hgh enough stats to do this.
Therefore, no bonus needs to be added to the reward unit.

I don't think it is good to change the rewards while the event is already running..
What is wrong with a 30K + 60K unit.., nothing in my point of view.

In one thread people complain about high reward units which bring a too big gap in stats, now it's about that the reward unit is not good enough...

Just my two cents..

P4TR1C14N
10-06-2013, 04:32 AM
GREE probably thinks that all guilds who will try to finish the heroic part have hgh enough stats to do this.
Therefore, no bonus needs to be added to the reward unit.

I don't think it is good to change the rewards while the event is already running..
What is wrong with a 30K + 60K unit.., nothing in my point of view.

In one thread people complain about high reward units which bring a too big gap in stats, now it's about that the reward unit is not good enough...

Just my two cents..

Do you have an idea what getting that unit costs in real money?

Vendetta V
10-06-2013, 04:37 AM
Do you have an idea what getting that unit costs in real money?

Of course I do, I'm a gem player myself, but it's not something new for all of us.
We all have the choice to spend or not to spend, when the reward is not worth it, well take another drink go on visit by friends and wait for the next event/quest. Nobody is forcing anybody.

In the end it is just a game, we spend what we want to spend because it is for the fun, not because we have to.
Just take a spending limit for yourself and stick with it.

JoeDaddy
10-06-2013, 04:56 AM
Of course I do, I'm a gem player myself, but it's not something new for all of us.
We all have the choice to spend or not to spend, when the reward is not worth it, well take another drink go on visit by friends and wait for the next event/quest. Nobody is forcing anybody.

In the end it is just a game, we spend what we want to spend because it is for the fun, not because we have to.
Just take a spending limit for yourself and stick with it.

I get what you're saying, and you're not wrong. No one is forcing people to take part in this event and spend RL money, but what I am speaking about is precedence and perceived value. Gree has a well established precedent for putting modifiers on these units, as well as an extensive precedent for screwing events up and changing them midway through. All I'm asking them is to correct yet another of their mistakes, assuming it was a mistake.

And absolutely gem spenders should stay within their means. I am fortunate enough to be able to spend a significant amount of RL money on this game, but I do want the value for my money spent. If I spend "X" amount for one event to obtain the prize, and the next same event asks me to spend nearly the same amount but the prize is significantly less valuable, obviously I'm less likely to do it. What I'm asking Gree to do is to help me with my decision about whether the perceived value is correct. I would be PISSED if I decided to stop doing the event because the unit wasn't worth it, only to have them change it and me have to scramble, which has happened before. Therefore I'm HOPING Gree will either make the necessary adjustment or come out and tell us the prize is correct, either way I'll be better able to assess whether to spend my RL money on this event or not.

Hersh
10-06-2013, 05:03 AM
I've said it before, I don't feel the grand prize needs to be changed, I think the event and the prizes on the way do.

Seeing as we're already halfway through this thing though, Gree needs to at the very least tell people their stance and stick to it, and not just ignore everyone, and change it halfway, without do much as a word.

Tell your customers what, if anything, you're planning on doing. All you're doing now is pissing all of the money spenders off, not specifically because the prize isn't what they would like it to be, but because you have made a habit of changing things up halfway through, with no warning. Start communicating with your customers a bit better, and this issue wouldnt exist.

Or just get it right the first time.

Vendetta V
10-06-2013, 05:23 AM
I get what you're saying, and you're not wrong. No one is forcing people to take part in this event and spend RL money, but what I am speaking about is precedence and perceived value. Gree has a well established precedent for putting modifiers on these units, as well as an extensive precedent for screwing events up and changing them midway through. All I'm asking them is to correct yet another of their mistakes, assuming it was a mistake.

And absolutely gem spenders should stay within their means. I am fortunate enough to be able to spend a significant amount of RL money on this game, but I do want the value for my money spent. If I spend "X" amount for one event to obtain the prize, and the next same event asks me to spend nearly the same amount but the prize is significantly less valuable, obviously I'm less likely to do it. What I'm asking Gree to do is to help me with my decision about whether the perceived value is correct. I would be PISSED if I decided to stop doing the event because the unit wasn't worth it, only to have them change it and me have to scramble, which has happened before. Therefore I'm HOPING Gree will either make the necessary adjustment or come out and tell us the prize is correct, either way I'll be better able to assess whether to spend my RL money on this event or not.

And I agree with you.
GREE must inform us at the very earliest, is the reward wrong or just as it is.

When the reward is just as it is, it could be another test, how much RL money do players want to spend to get the 60K reward...

We are their test subjects :)

larrydavid
10-06-2013, 05:33 AM
It will be added w/ 2 days left just like before. It is not a bug rather a tactic by Gree to get people to spend more money. (i.e. less time to finish means you need to use more gems). Just accept it for what it is and move on.

anyways, right now - 8:34am EST looks like something is going buggy with the orbs..they might just be adding it. lol

Hersh
10-06-2013, 05:40 AM
It will be added w/ 2 days left just like before. It is not a bug rather a tactic by Gree to get people to spend more money. (i.e. less time to finish means you need to use more gems). Just accept it for what it is and move on

It's very sad to have to decide if it is this or stupidity (you're in all likelihood correct). ****ty business, Not to mention customer service. Everyone knows that long-term customers spending a medium amount of money will over time pay off much better than short-term customers spending large amounts of money. Why abuse your customers this way? Disgusting.

It's all a dream
10-06-2013, 05:56 AM
It will be added w/ 2 days left just like before. It is not a bug rather a tactic by Gree to get people to spend more money. (i.e. less time to finish means you need to use more gems). Just accept it for what it is and move on.

anyways, right now - 8:34am EST looks like something is going buggy with the orbs..they might just be adding it. lol

And dont forget the 'convenient' weekend. Gree should work during all events 24/7.

StrictNine
10-06-2013, 06:28 AM

Much better clarification Joe Daddy. Nothing wrong with asking them to verify it, however I agree with Vendetta that it should not be automatically bumped up because of previous events. I know you are not saying that but other people will...

Krayt
10-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Last one was bumped for a reason.
The very first raid boss was easy, a lot of guilds finished the event and got the top prize. Next time the difficulty level jumped insanely high that most never even finished. It was so much harder that there was an outcry in the forums and most gave up and weren't going to complete it because the end unit wasn't worth the cost it would take. So to ensure that more tried to complete it Gree bumped it up. Giving players that carrot to reach for. This time around Gree has decreased the difficulty level so that people would see that last time was just too difficult to complete. Our attack power is also boosting more during this event making us more powerful as we go. So there is no reason this time around to offer that carrot.

P4TR1C14N
10-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Last one was bumped for a reason.
The very first raid boss was easy, a lot of guilds finished the event and got the top prize. Next time the difficulty level jumped insanely high that most never even finished. It was so much harder that there was an outcry in the forums and most gave up and weren't going to complete it because the end unit wasn't worth the cost it would take. So to ensure that more tried to complete it Gree bumped it up. Giving players that carrot to reach for. This time around Gree has decreased the difficulty level so that people would see that last time was just too difficult to complete. Our attack power is also boosting more during this event making us more powerful as we go. So there is no reason this time around to offer that carrot.

I dont get why ppl claim the difficulty is now easier... Heroic is EXACTLY same as previous one... But probably the ones that claim here it is fair didnt come close to fighting the high level bosses lvl and more.

It are lovely posts as yours that make gree decide to **** you a bit more next event. Good job...

Yes... Please gree, make it harder... Last time only 15 guilds did end (weekend event) and now its an midweek event so that makes in only easier and for sure, that top off the bill unit makes it irresistable.

Pffff... Seems this community is getting brainwashed by gree its mistakes, issues and greed and all seems to be a normal behaviour and situation.

REALITY CHECK PLEASE ALL.

Samskill
10-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Modifier for the top unit would be added for those who complete and ask for it, those who says "no need" , "what the point"', "remained as it is" etc etc blah blah blah ...would not get it.:p

Burnt flesh
10-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Here's my two cents!
The main prize should undoubtedly have a bonus of some sort. It doesn't have to be a combat boost. Maybe a health regen boost...5-10%? Nobody woul complain about that. The guilds who are going to finish deserve more than just a 'unit'. They are spending way too much time and real money for a garbage reward. Those of you crying that gree doesn't need to add boost because it's 'unfair' are probably not spending any money on it and you think that gree should reward you as much as those spending. This makes sense how? If you want top prizes, you gotta spend. It's always been this way, and will continue to be this way. So gree, get off your asses, and take care of your top players. Th rest of you crying about it, get a tissue, wipe away your tears and be content with where you end up.

Burnt flesh
10-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Ok, two more cents
Maybe gree could be a little more creative with the boost
2% alliance defense
20% more gold when collecting from buildings
+100 defense skill
+25 hero strength skill
+2 building upgrade
+25% raid payout
Free name change( silly I know, but it's about creativity right?)
An exclusive skin color for avatar-gold, silver,neon, idk something cool)

Samskill
10-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Bullseye !

l3lade2
10-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Ok, two more cents
Maybe gree could be a little more creative with the boost
2% alliance defense Useless
20% more gold when collecting from buildings Useless
+100 defense skill No one knows what this does...either way it was like Topp 100 prize last war....not enough by far
+25 hero strength skill Nowhere near enough....an extra 10 mobb damage, if you're lucky?
+2 building upgrade Useless
+25% raid payout Useless
Free name change( silly I know, but it's about creativity right?) Useless
An exclusive skin color for avatar-gold, silver,neon, idk something cool)

Im sorry but nearly every single one of those are useless to the people who will finish it.

I commend the effort and not trying to criticize, but any of these would be a travesty and id hate for gree to read and think theyre acceptable. Most are less than Top 100 war prizes....this event is a hell of a lot more.

Burnt flesh
10-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Blade, at this time there is NO bonus on the reward. Any of the ideas I posted would be better than nothing. So it's a suggestion to gree if they are deciding to NOT add any boosts to improve stats. So that's where I was going with it.

l3lade2
10-06-2013, 12:52 PM
But it accomplishes nothing? Why bother adding something totally redundant, save themselves the bother.

Burnt flesh
10-06-2013, 12:53 PM
And I think it's hilarious that you started off by saying your not trying to criticize but you put 'useless' after all of them lmao. Make up your mind. If you're going to criticize do so. It doesn't hurt my feelings. But don't cop out of it. And they aren't all useless. How is a defense boost useless? They haven't given that out yet. They have also NOT given out +100 defense skill. They gave it to attack, not defense. 20% more gold collection is also not useless, as you can donate more to your guild, and nothing like that has been given out. Maybe the upgrade more buildings at once is useless, but not to everyone. The free name change, ok that's absolutely useless I agree completely with that. But again, my suggestions were a worst case scenario should gree NOT add a huge combat based boost to reward. My guild will finish within a day or so, and I'd hate to get no boost at all.

Burnt flesh
10-06-2013, 12:55 PM
So you'd rather have zero boost over any of the suggestions I made? Your ridiculous lol. Maybe you need to get that tissue I mentioned.

l3lade2
10-06-2013, 12:56 PM
And I think it's hilarious that you started off by saying your not trying to criticize but you put 'useless' after all of them lmao. Make up your mind. If you're going to criticize do so. It doesn't hurt my feelings. But don't cop out of it. And they aren't all useless. How is a defense boost useless? They haven't given that out yet. They have also NOT given out +100 defense skill. They gave it to attack, not defense. 20% more gold collection is also not useless, as you can donate more to your guild, and nothing like that has been given out. Maybe the upgrade more buildings at once is useless, but not to everyone. The free name change, ok that's absolutely useless I agree completely with that. But again, my suggestions were a worst case scenario should gree NOT add a huge combat based boost to reward. My guild will finish within a day or so, and I'd hate to get no boost at all.

Ok if you seriously believe that they are A) useful and B) worthy boosts then im not even going to waste my time.

Burnt flesh
10-06-2013, 01:40 PM
You have in fact already wasted your time. As I mentioned a few times now, they would be better than nothing. But maybe you want nothing for your money? If gree adds no boost at all to prize, how 'useless' would my ideas be then? Funny how Someone can't even post on forums without getting attacked by someone so closed minded. Would I much prefer a 20% magic attack boost? Of course, but that wasn't the purpose of my original post. Good day to you.

alonibb
10-06-2013, 02:26 PM
As a developer myself used to listen to customers I really have a hard time to understand all of you. The critics are massive that Gree destroyd the game by adding too good units and bonuses. And when they dont the critics are that the rewards are not good enough.

Some quests are too easy and some are too difficult. It really doesnt matter what Gree does. Some people will never get satisfied. If you dont like the reward then dont throw in money to get it. If the reward is great its not wrong that the one who pays gets the reward.

You have right to complain when the game doesnt work as intended. But we cant do much about the rewards. Adjust your investments depending on rewards.

JoeDaddy
10-06-2013, 03:47 PM
As a developer myself used to listen to customers I really have a hard time to understand all of you. The critics are massive that Gree destroyd the game by adding too good units and bonuses. And when they dont the critics are that the rewards are not good enough.

Some quests are too easy and some are too difficult. It really doesnt matter what Gree does. Some people will never get satisfied. If you dont like the reward then dont throw in money to get it. If the reward is great its not wrong that the one who pays gets the reward.

You have right to complain when the game doesnt work as intended. But we cant do much about the rewards. Adjust your investments depending on rewards.

Well if every developer acted as you did then perhaps we could easily do as you suggest. In fact that's what I'm trying to do, invest according to the reward. BUT, based on Gree's past history of changing events, it's hard to plan when you know they may change the reward half way through. We're going through the quest as if the prize will be worth it, but what I'm asking of SOMEONE at Gree is to confirm whether or not the grand prize is, in fact, correct. The first one had a modifier, the second didn't and then it did, the third..... It's hard to establish a pattern there.

And yes, Gree did make this Raid boss event slightly easier. But only to reach the final levels, not to actually pass them. The final levels are just as hard this time, and based on last events difficulty, I would figure they would've included a modifier on this one as well. Is it too much to ask for clarification from a group of developers who are not known for their competence in programming nor their communication?

Darth Randy
10-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Meh, the modifiers are helping exasperate the power gap. Anyone besides me notice the ease of the last LTQ as relating to the prizes and now the normal mode of this quest being so easy with such a good prize? Mudflation is at a frantic pace here and that makes me worry, its always worst before the end.

Voxker
10-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Maybe if you asked nicely instead of raging on Sirius.

mighty mackenzie
10-06-2013, 04:56 PM
I am part of a group of guilds and we usually go help them when we are finished. Without a bonus we won't spend the gems. It's just not worth it. Please add a bonus to the heroic unit or most guilds just won't think its worth it and you will lose money. Simple as that! You added a bonus before so please do so again!

JoeDaddy
10-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Maybe if you asked nicely instead of raging on Sirius.

THAT'S your definition of raging?? Wow... I was being nice. No name calling, no expletives, mostly professional (short of saying they're slightly incompetent which is established as fact by now). Compared to how some on this forum address Gree and Sirius, I was being a perfect gentleman.

Voxker
10-06-2013, 06:21 PM
THAT'S your definition of raging?? Wow... I was being nice. No name calling, no expletives, mostly professional (short of saying they're slightly incompetent which is established as fact by now). Compared to how some on this forum address Gree and Sirius, I was being a perfect gentleman.

just because you didnt do any swearing doesnt mean you werent raging... most of the community criticizes Gree for every mistake that they do, even small ones.

Nacon10
10-06-2013, 06:38 PM
+5% alliance attack

Vendetta V
10-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Seriously ;) !
Come on, the reward prices for each level are low and all the honor is useless.
The previous quest gave much better units, just keep complaining how GREE is changing their events/quests according the comments on this forum. again, first the rewards were to high, ok GREE lowered them. The TOP reward? Well as said last week in a previous thread, even when GREE decide to give a crappy price with a minus multiplier, still some guilds/players want to win that reward!

For some it doesn't matter what reward they receive, it only matters for them to finish the quest/event against any cost.

What I said earlier, if you don't like the 33/33 reward, just don't complete it!
When you don't like the cake, don't eat it!

Do some of you really care so much about this event? next week there is another one, kill some other lower level bosses and let this event be for what it is.

By now we all know " the reward is NOT worth the RL money" !!
It's not even a "real item" about what we are talking, it is just an "ingame"reward ! It's no car, it's no new Iphone, it's not even a cup of coffee!

Most players don't want to boycott, most players don't want to stop with this event to show GREE that they disagree....so what do you really want? Maybe for a lot of players it's the addiction that writes instead of themselves...

My apology when I offended anybody..!

Erageous
10-06-2013, 11:01 PM
How about a higher vault max then what everyone else is allowed as a creative boost? Or extra stamina points? I do agree that the Atk boosts are creating too much of a gap but I think if we really think about it, we could come up with other "boosts" that might sweeten the pot.

alonibb
10-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Well if every developer acted as you did then perhaps we could easily do as you suggest. In fact that's what I'm trying to do, invest according to the reward. BUT, based on Gree's past history of changing events, it's hard to plan when you know they may change the reward half way through. We're going through the quest as if the prize will be worth it, but what I'm asking of SOMEONE at Gree is to confirm whether or not the grand prize is, in fact, correct. The first one had a modifier, the second didn't and then it did, the third..... It's hard to establish a pattern there.

I agree with you here. If they change rewards halfway through the event you will never know when its time to invest. They have to make it right from the beginning. Even if players complain they have to stick with it. And I also agree that because of the history where they have changed it you expect an answer from them if it will happen again.

aphroKEN
10-08-2013, 08:06 PM

I think your view is a little simplistic.

There are 2 sides of the coin. The contradicting criticisms do not always come from the same players or the same group of players. Players have differing perspectives which are highly dependant on their position in this game. e.g. if I completed this heroic guild quest then it is in my interest to see the reward get buffed as much as possible. If I did not complete, it is in my interest to see it nerfed into the ground in order to not fall too far behind those that did earn it.

Additionally, Gree is not great at finding the middle ground. If players complain something was too easy which then causes Gree to overtune the difficulty, the same players aren't wrong to complain it is now too difficult.

Molly Maguire
10-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Thread title should've been "Siriusly Sirius"

Like siriusly, that title is siriusly better than the one you came up with.