PDA

View Full Version : CJ Please Review-Revenge of the Lichslayer - formula is off on determining HP

Kelly's Hero
10-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Playing MW and KA... MW had it down last week with the 100th epic being difficult but it seems that the formula for 100 epic in the new KA LTQ has not been adjusted. At level 70 and having over 1.5M attack I breeze through epics. This time, not so much. Doing the quick math it would be impossible to get to 80 let alone 100 without dumping about 15-20 vaults of gems into this quest. $1500-$2000 is a pretty hefty price tag for a single quest. I buy gems but that's insane. Can you guys check into this please?

Rastlin
10-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Yes everyone has noticed this, and I do not know anyone that is going to even bother spending gems on this on. GREE has gone mad... So many people have retired in the last 2 weeks, and we now get this? If GREE wants to end the game, then please just tell us so instead of forcing people out. We will respect that much more, and then we will be more likely to play your future games.

Voxker
10-11-2013, 10:53 PM
oh ill be sad if Gree put KA down... its the first game like this that im actually doing pretty well :(

Big-R
10-12-2013, 01:47 AM
It's not that the game is ending, but they are trying to force old players out so new players are enticed to spend as they can compete. A new player will never catch someone who already has 6/7/8mil stats. If they piss enough high stat old players off into quitting the game looks better for newbies.

Krayt
10-12-2013, 06:43 AM
100 kills is just crazy....

itsaklayton
10-12-2013, 09:20 AM
I know I am seriously reconsidering my playing style. I have spent too much money in this game to just walk away and yet I perceive this event as GRee's attempt to push high end players out. It will most definitely work. There is no way I am willing to spend $1-2,000.00 on a single event. It's the straw that is breaking my back. It also makes me reconsider whether I want to use my mini account at all.

Alleran
10-12-2013, 10:30 AM
There is no way I am willing to spend $1-2,000.00 on a single event.

Agreed that this event is insane. But it's not $1,000 to $2,000. With 12 million attack, 9 minute health regen, and level 163, this event requires about 9,000 gems to complete. That's $360 to $480 with Gree discounts, and even less with iTunes gift card sales.

Alleran
10-12-2013, 10:36 AM
That being said, this event is a huge increase in difficulty level and time requirement. It is very discouraging. The rewards are good, but this is definitely a change for the worse. This kind of event makes KA more like a job than a game. I hope they roll back this event format and think of other ways to incentivize spending. Gree, this change was a big mistake... You are disincentivizing spending by making the top rewards prohibitively difficult to attain. And the mid-level rewards for beating bosses 50-70 are garbage.

Valid or
10-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Agreed that this event is insane. But it's not $1,000 to $2,000. With 12 million attack, 9 minute health regen, and level 163, this event requires about 9,000 gems to complete. That's $360 to $480 with Gree discounts, and even less with iTunes gift card sales.
But your average player with 1-2 million attack is looking at lot more than 300-400, 2.2 million attack lvl 137 I might get lucky and kill 25-26 before hitting a wall using gold, unless that little bonus that was attached to the guild daily helps a lot. (Edited:Was hoping wd in the unit bonus was a + to overall weapons damage but it's a typo supposed to +5% cp)

Burnt flesh
10-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Gree is funny. Let's all point and laugh at them. Instead of worrying about spending huge amounts of gems to complete this stupidity we can sit back, relax, and have a laugh at company set on destroying it source of revenue. Then, when the game folds, we can laugh even more. This game has no staying power. So ask yourself, 'will KA even exist 5 years from now?' And 'do I really need some pretty pixels in a game to feel cool'? Instead, tell yourself, you are already cool, and stop spending your gems on such a silly event.

Tate
10-12-2013, 01:26 PM
The same style of event took place in MW about 5-6 days ago. They did it right that time, or maybe not right as far as Gree is concerned. The kills accumulated day to day so many Factions at least stood a chance of getting close to the final award. We all know how difficult the Boss events are, and getting harder, hp's have increased exponentially and most non-gem players never get past 35-40 kills so once again Gree is stacking the deck in favor of the $$$ spenders, but only if they are prepared to spend. I have to say that Gree put some new life back into the game with the Guild concept but at the rate they're going it's getting to be just too costly to continue and be half-a**ed competitive.

Kelly's Hero
10-12-2013, 01:41 PM
No kill carry over???? WTF!?!?

Uberfauker
10-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Playing MW and KA... MW had it down last week with the 100th epic being difficult but it seems that the formula for 100 epic in the new KA LTQ has not been adjusted. At level 70 and having over 1.5M attack I breeze through epics. This time, not so much. Doing the quick math it would be impossible to get to 80 let alone 100 without dumping about 15-20 vaults of gems into this quest. $1500-$2000 is a pretty hefty price tag for a single quest. I buy gems but that's insane. Can you guys check into this please?

If they gave a crap about you and the rest of kingdom age players they would have responded by now. Don't hold your breath.

Lara4578
10-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Gree, this event is really overkill, it's not just about killing the boss 100 times but it's the amount of Heath increased on each Lvl, it's too much.. The both combinations together made this event totally impossible for alot, alot, of players practically need to spend a huge amount of money on it. I'm sure you can hear enough comments and feedback that if this event is practical or not. You asked our feedback, comments, surveys, now we told you, please lower the health for each boss. We really hope you will, thank you.

Voxker
10-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Gree, this event is really overkill, it's not just about killing the boss 100 times but it's the amount of Heath increased on each Lvl, it's too much.. The both combinations together made this event totally impossible for alot, alot, of players practically need to spend a huge amount of money on it. I'm sure you can hear enough comments and feedback that if this event is practical or not. You asked our feedback, comments, surveys, now we told you, please lower the health for each boss. We really hope you will, thank you.

Im pretty sure the epic boss has tier HP, it doesnt raise every time you fight it... (the following is an example, dont have to point out my mistake)but every like Lvl 1-6 or something it'll have the same hp, then 7-15 or whatever it'll have a higher based HP and so on

Valid or
10-12-2013, 10:20 PM
We keep trying to improve but at times they toss brick walls at ya, last epic boss I made about 26 had just over 1.3million attack, this epic boss am 2.2 million attack sure 6 levels higher 136 right now, but think it will be around 26-27 I get to again without spending gems(was hoping for more given my attack increases in the time). Drop him 100 times? I can't afford it. So I will save the few gems I have till war.
Not sure what gree is thinking, it's putting things out sight for some of its customers.
I know we all are different,but I like the game to fall into a budget for buying gems, and set in game goals I can achieve not see events I will skip due to costs.

Person
10-13-2013, 04:38 AM

to be at that stage requires a previous investment of several thousands of dollars over the past years.

so yes, this event is insane for the free, light, medium and the lower ranges of the heavy gem spenders.

Voxker
10-13-2013, 11:06 AM
even less with itunes cards? without the gem sales my mountain of gems costs 113$... thats insane.

Alleran
10-13-2013, 01:42 PM
That's a lot of sales tax...

CJ54
10-13-2013, 01:56 PM
I'll bring the concern to the devs' attention.

Voxker
10-13-2013, 02:12 PM
I'll bring the concern to the devs' attention.

Bring us the good word.

Ratma2001
10-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Why bother, so many have not even started this event or have just made enough kills to get some of the lower unit prizes, given that you should be in a 60 memebr guild with 10 Mil stats and have at least 3 mountains on hand per day....um FUN anyone ?
average guild 20-40 members with stats 2-4 Mil little gems wunnable ...no chance like me.. im sitting out this one and have only done enough kills to get 10 units but woeful criteria !
if the boss is not stackable and we need 1300 units for final step ???? who can get 100 kills let alone a average guild getting even half the total required !
then you also get the level increase along with this !
why bother

Person
10-13-2013, 04:07 PM
if they hadn't changed the epic bosses i would have gotten 50 kills for free due to very little IRL commitments.

Bummer.

Tojo
10-14-2013, 07:09 AM
We keep trying to improve but at times they toss brick walls at ya, last epic boss I made about 26 had just over 1.3million attack, this epic boss am 2.2 million attack sure 6 levels higher 136 right now, but think it will be around 26-27 I get to again without spending gems(was hoping for more given my attack increases in the time). Drop him 100 times? I can't afford it. So I will save the few gems I have till war.
Not sure what gree is thinking, it's putting things out sight for some of its customers.
I know we all are different,but I like the game to fall into a budget for buying gems, and set in game goals I can achieve not see events I will skip due to costs.

I was so looking forward to maybe making the
50 kills this time. Worked hard and got my A/D
Up over 30%. Last time made level 34. Now can't
Even beat lvl 20 with all money shots. Getting
Stronger and stronger and keep losing ground.

Old School Hero Ace
10-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Same here Tojo, I have been working to get stats up too but only can make it to about twenty now...its unfortunate and I am not sure of the answer. Problem is I can not get the huge units which will drive Gree to make the next units even harder. So the more I play as a mid level active player the more I tend to fall back.....not sure if it will be possible to ever play catch up. Not sure of an answer for Gree either...they need to keep the game competitive for all but by doing so the spread in stats is getting huge. Man I wish I had of read the forums way back six months ago and just camped my happy little butt off....now I am level 139 with a million in each stat pretty much and I am kinda screwed a bit. Still trying to compete as I spend ALOT of time on the game with some moderate gem expenditures (20$ a month maybe in addition to the free gems I get every day). Oh well I guess....will keep pressing on till the game becomes no longer fun. I play with my son right now so that keeps it interesting for me....

Zenobia
10-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Stronger and stronger and keep losing ground.

That really is the story of the lives of everyone playing KA lately (except the very Top teams with like 300% bonus on everything). For a while, with considerable effort and moderate gem spending I felt like I was starting to get ahead in the game. But now, hundreds of dollars PER EVENT to complete them? I refuse to spend that kind of money. This tactic of trying to get hundreds of dollars out of every event has caused the opposite effect in me, and nearly everyone in my guild - we are going free.

Follow the money, Gree: if it takes <$40 to complete, thousands of us will spend that, and more importantly be more likely to keep spending money on the game because we feel like we actually get somewhere with it. But if it takes hundres of dollars to complete, you LOSE the $20 or whatever a ton of us WOULD have spent. And more importantly, we are LESS likely to spend money on the game in the future because what's the point when we feel like we can't get ahead?

Tojo
10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Just came across a lvl 135 with over 15
Million attack. Almost all his buildings
We're only lvl 3 or 4. I played this game
All wrong or these guys spend money like
Crazy.

Lucid.
10-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Just the benefit of having their HLP in a top 10.... mutant LLPs ......

Just came across a lvl 135 with over 15
Million attack. Almost all his buildings
We're only lvl 3 or 4. I played this game
All wrong or these guys spend money like
Crazy.

Big Red - Nomad
10-14-2013, 05:46 PM
That really is the story of the lives of everyone playing KA lately (except the very Top teams with like 300% bonus on everything). For a while, with considerable effort and moderate gem spending I felt like I was starting to get ahead in the game. But now, hundreds of dollars PER EVENT to complete them? I refuse to spend that kind of money. This tactic of trying to get hundreds of dollars out of every event has caused the opposite effect in me, and nearly everyone in my guild - we are going free.

Follow the money, Gree: if it takes <$40 to complete, thousands of us will spend that, and more importantly be more likely to keep spending money on the game because we feel like we actually get somewhere with it. But if it takes hundres of dollars to complete, you LOSE the $20 or whatever a ton of us WOULD have spent. And more importantly, we are LESS likely to spend money on the game in the future because what's the point when we feel like we can't get ahead?

+1, I totally agree.