PDA

View Full Version : Positive approach to change the game back to it's glory

Gerbear
10-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Yes, overinflated units have been the talk and upset as of late, but I have enjoyed this game far too long and created a character I enjoy and want to continue to enjoy. So, if you have any suggestions to Gree that would be helpful, your comments are welcome!

My first suggestion is to somewhat go back to basics by increasing the value of gold in this game. Change back the units you can buy to of real value. As of current, dragons should be on the scale of 1000 attack. I think this would make gem spenders and non gemmers happy. Of course gem spenders will always have the advantage, but this would keep more people interested and increase interest in pillaging and raiding again. My two cents. :)

kruppe
10-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Yes, overinflated units have been the talk and upset as of late, but I have enjoyed this game far too long and created a character I enjoy and want to continue to enjoy. So, if you have any suggestions to Gree that would be helpful, your comments are welcome!

My first suggestion is to somewhat go back to basics by increasing the value of gold in this game. Change back the units you can buy to of real value. As of current, dragons should be on the scale of 1000 attack. I think this would make gem spenders and non gemmers happy. Of course gem spenders will always have the advantage, but this would keep more people interested and increase interest in pillaging and raiding again. My two cents. :)

Completely agree. Perhaps a new building, a dragon roost with silver green blue red black dragons going from say 250/200 through to level 10 3500/3000
Not gem level but something to give starters and free players a nice boost without compromising gem spend.
And it also gives some of that old bd10 feeling back to the game.

Fredcole
10-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Yes whole game needs to be balanced up. New buildings and level increase is part of it. But since stats increased so much, they have to do something with defence buildings and weapons/armour. Its just useless now and takes away lot of the gameplay. You can buy this for gold, but its just about pointless with the current stats.

Voxker
10-13-2013, 04:23 PM
wonder what this community event will be...

Ratma2001
10-13-2013, 04:33 PM
wonder what this community event will be...

All the players taking on Gree in an open field battle !!! winner get to say what happens next with the company !

Ratma2001
10-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Completely agree. Perhaps a new building, a dragon roost with silver green blue red black dragons going from say 250/200 through to level 10 3500/3000
Not gem level but something to give starters and free players a nice boost without compromising gem spend.

To this i am 100% in agrreance ! sooner the better, would like more stratergy back in game not just tap tap tap, give these new players something to strive for like we did

Billyfarmer
10-13-2013, 05:05 PM
I have been playing Ka for maybe 12 months. I remember in the first months when they changed the a/d of all the gold units as the weapons and armour where over powered. I have been waiting for them to do this again. Will obviously devalue all of our earns units somewhat but will bring the bottom and top players back to within a range.

Rastlin
10-13-2013, 05:10 PM
There are no gold units in the game currently that can increase my stats, and I also have a full indestructible army. This should change. I have no fear of raiding someone higher from me, because there currently is no penalty for me. In the past I could lose units, and end up lowering my stats. Or worse I could upset someone and they come back to my kingdom steal all my gold, and I also could end up losing even more units.... Currently I do not care if anyone raids me because it is "just gold", and doesn't have much of a use except for the guild, or paying to the boss event. We have players that have all level 10 buildings now... They have no use for gold, as they don't even have buildings left to build up.

So what needs to be done is: much higher stat gold units introduced into the game, along with new buildings to build (these should be boost buildings, and stone buildings).

MaverickMunkey
10-13-2013, 05:22 PM

I like this idea!

Ratma2001
10-13-2013, 06:51 PM
mmm a Stone Building ....brilliant, build the building and farm your own stones !

Gerbear
10-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Sounds like a common theme to me Gree, give us more for our gold and let us manage our kingdom. Great ideas folks keep them coming! I like the stone building thing too, interesting twist.

Also, I think for the hard work many of us have put into current buildings to include defense buildings that these should be included in stat upgrades.

klevito
10-13-2013, 08:56 PM
- visiting an ally and getting 20$ reward, with today's price is like driving 500 miles on your own expense to get a 5$ discount coupon.

Instead of receiving 20$, maybe consider an option of boosting a building of your ally. Say for example, a choice of :
1- speed up an upgrade or building by 5%
2- increase building production for next collection by 5%
3- add +1% energy/stamina refill

That way, it would make people chose a bit better their allies and give ally a more meaningful meaning than simply automatically carrying a unit and weapon for you in battle. it creates the sense of give-take

Max Power
10-13-2013, 09:14 PM
The problem with stat inflation at this scale is that any attempts to balance the game will penalize the gem spenders and benefit the free players. Thats the equivalent of a restaurant owner not letting their patrons using the washroom but letting homeless people off the street use it. Gree will not make meaningful changes that punish their paying customers, even though it may help the overall value of the game from a more global perspective.

dookie
10-14-2013, 12:29 AM
unfortunately nothing will change.........other Gree games change with new buildings etc but not KA

Gerbear
10-14-2013, 03:03 AM
The problem with stat inflation at this scale is that any attempts to balance the game will penalize the gem spenders and benefit the free players. Thats the equivalent of a restaurant owner not letting their patrons using the washroom but letting homeless people off the street use it. Gree will not make meaningful changes that punish their paying customers, even though it may help the overall value of the game from a more global perspective.

I am not sure that it would punish gem spenders. Remember that monetary units can be killed off where as indestructibles can not be. The amount of events at the current rate would satisfy both and give more challenge to gemmers and non alike, thus providing better gameplay. Even gem spenders would have to admit that it gets boring picking on someone 100 times less then themselves. Maybe attacking someone half their stats would provide more strategy and thinking. Getting back to the roots I do no think will take away from the meaning of this game at all. Even some members of the top guild FUN have commented as such. I still think there is hope for this game and they can make these changes now to make a better experience.

Billyfarmer
10-14-2013, 04:01 AM
Maybe if they inflated all, gold and honour units By a factor of 4-8 Eg the archer goes from 1/3 - 4/12 - 8/24. As previously stated they can still be killed. Maybe a 4-5 x multiplier on the weapons and armour to make them relevant again.(obviously would cause issues with avatar equipped items)While they are at it inflate the lvl 5 map reward creatures to be relevant again. I like this thread. How to fix something because to me ATM its obvious fun has won. How do we reset it so that they are still in the lead, but we can at least pretend we are chasing them

Max Power
10-14-2013, 08:49 AM
I am not sure that it would punish gem spenders. Remember that monetary units can be killed off where as indestructibles can not be. The amount of events at the current rate would satisfy both and give more challenge to gemmers and non alike, thus providing better gameplay. Even gem spenders would have to admit that it gets boring picking on someone 100 times less then themselves. Maybe attacking someone half their stats would provide more strategy and thinking. Getting back to the roots I do no think will take away from the meaning of this game at all. Even some members of the top guild FUN have commented as such. I still think there is hope for this game and they can make these changes now to make a better experience.

See, it's been so long since I worried about destructible units that I completely forgot they were part of the equation....LOL! Fair point.

Still, for those that spent a lot to build a huge gap, any attempt to close that gap would seem like punishment. If you had spent a bunch and Gree let people catch up for free, how would YOU feel about the money you spent?

Old School Hero Ace
10-14-2013, 09:18 AM
See, it's been so long since I worried about destructible units that I completely forgot they were part of the equation....LOL! Fair point.

Still, for those that spent a lot to build a huge gap, any attempt to close that gap would seem like punishment. If you had spent a bunch and Gree let people catch up for free, how would YOU feel about the money you spent?

I agree Max, I do not want to see spenders punished....but not sure what the answer is. I am a light spender (20 a month or so) and the issue for me is that the events are slowly being changed to prevent the highest groups from overcoming them easily, yet the rewards are huge which continues the vicous cycle. Now as the big guns get those units Gree will continue to crank the knob up further.

Where does that leave players who are finishing the normal quests but not the heroic? As the difficulty gets cranked to account for huge units I am trying to keep up with mid level units that were rewarded. Gree is kind of stuck in a vicous cycle and I am not sure what to say to help them get out of it....they are darned if they do or darned if they don't. Mind you I am constantly active and spend about 60 gems an event, I know its not a lot...I get that...but like I said, I am constantly active. I even play this stupid thing at work to ensure my energy bars never fill up during a LTQ. Yet I feel like even though I am really really active I am still losing ground to some degree...

Gerbear
10-14-2013, 09:23 AM

I know I keep forgetting about the gold units as well. I still do not think it would be unfair to start closing the gap, because if people are going to spend money they will still spend money to overcompensate. Whether this means more gold buildings, dragon den as Kruppe suggested, whatever method it will probably mean more income for Gree. If there is a small glimmer of hope to come close that is where they get you. As much as I hate to admit it, I caved in on my last beast den lvl 10 upgrade. Too much risk of losing it all, helped me secure this quickly. I think the new players would have more fun building an army as well, like we did. Even if we end up getting high profile units, remember that they can get destroyed and the ones bought and paid for via winning prizes or whatever will not disappear. I still think it is worth a try, and I don't think it will take away from those that had already spent money to win prizes because they won't lose them. I know as well as you know that the quantity of gold items for gem spenders will far outweigh non gemmers anyways, I think it will be a wash. Just need to give people a glimpse into this high profile world, I think the outcome will be surprisingly good. ;) my opinion only

RandomUser
10-14-2013, 09:49 AM
The problem is that stats are STILL inflating. Any attempt to correct the problem will only be a very short-term band-aid. GREE would have to continually roll out new gold or honor units with higher and higher stats to keep up. They tried this awhile back with some new units and they were rendered completely irrelevant within a month.

Tojo
10-14-2013, 11:50 AM
How about at least throw in some daily
Specials that can bought with honor or
Gold. Give the little guys something.

Vachau
10-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Did you guys see my post from a while ago?
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68645-Suggestions-for-GREE-on-improvements-to-KA

Max Power
10-14-2013, 07:31 PM
I agree Max, I do not want to see spenders punished....but not sure what the answer is. I am a light spender (20 a month or so) and the issue for me is that the events are slowly being changed to prevent the highest groups from overcoming them easily, yet the rewards are huge which continues the vicous cycle. Now as the big guns get those units Gree will continue to crank the knob up further.Where does that leave players who are finishing the normal quests but not the heroic? As the difficulty gets cranked to account for huge units I am trying to keep up with mid level units that were rewarded. Gree is kind of stuck in a vicous cycle and I am not sure what to say to help them get out of it....they are darned if they do or darned if they don't. Mind you I am constantly active and spend about 60 gems an event, I know its not a lot...I get that...but like I said, I am constantly active. I even play this stupid thing at work to ensure my energy bars never fill up during a LTQ. Yet I feel like even though I am really really active I am still losing ground to some degree...Exactly......

Billyfarmer
10-15-2013, 06:14 AM
Hmm top tier units 4-5k a/d with a high casualty rate. Lotsa gold will go out of the game. Long term players have better iPh. so can power up faster. Wars will be more fun

Alexius
10-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Make units destructible but bonuses not.

kruppe
10-15-2013, 02:37 PM
How about at least throw in some daily
Specials that can bought with honor or
Gold. Give the little guys something.

Modify the scratch pad, perhaps a little like the MW, log in every day and get a better unit each time.

Cognisant of problems with quality and the widening gap between free and gem players one has to hand it to the developers/designers in that there has been plenty of change and additions to the guild and individual quests. The game is dynamic. The question is always balance.

MaverickMunkey
10-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Modify the scratch pad, perhaps a little like the MW, log in every day and get a better unit each time.

I agree - i like what they have done in MW by getting rid of the scatchcard and replace it with a daily login prize.

Gerbear
10-15-2013, 10:16 PM
I like Kruppe's original idea of a dragon roost. Very cool idea!