PDA

View Full Version : Calm down and think logically

Burnt flesh
10-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Now to start, I am no gree supporter, but say what you will. I don't give a damn.
You all need to THINK about how the matching system works. Not just get mad and complain on forums, as we all know what good that does.
Every guild in the game WAITS until the top 3 are moving, including the top ten guilds. Nobody wants to fight fun, RK, SB. So with everyone waiting, including top ten, now that leaves the other 7 top ten guilds for some poor, guild to claim. Or, you can just declare regardless of wether the top three are moving, Because the top ten get to fight as well. So unless you're a top 1000 guild and getting paired against top ten, you got nothing to complain about. And if you keep getting matched against top three you're in fact being lazy, and impatient with declare times. If they aren't moving, there is no reason to declare.
Think about what you are asking gree to do. Only pair top ten, with other top ten guilds? When the top ten fluctuates? Only RK,SB, and fun get to fight each other? You're saying that when you get paired against a guild with a couple weak lvl 200s your guild isn't dumping gems? So with this logic then, nobody gets good matchups. Top 25 get top 25, and so on. The top ten paid big bucks for their stats, and they deserve to whoop your ass. Just like you paid for your stats and you deserve to whoop weaker peoples asses as well. It's a damn circle of life yo!
In my best Schwarzenegger "stop whining".

Voxker
10-19-2013, 09:49 PM
well said burnt flesh.

Mr. Sirmanchoo
10-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Now to start, I am no gree supporter, but say what you will. I don't give a damn.
You all need to THINK about how the matching system works. Not just get mad and complain on forums, as we all know what good that does.
Every guild in the game WAITS until the top 3 are moving, including the top ten guilds. Nobody wants to fight fun, RK, SB. So with everyone waiting, including top ten, now that leaves the other 7 top ten guilds for some poor, guild to claim. Or, you can just declare regardless of wether the top three are moving, Because the top ten get to fight as well. So unless you're a top 1000 guild and getting paired against top ten, you got nothing to complain about. And if you keep getting matched against top three you're in fact being lazy, and impatient with declare times. If they aren't moving, there is no reason to declare.
Think about what you are asking gree to do. Only pair top ten, with other top ten guilds? When the top ten fluctuates? Only RK,SB, and fun get to fight each other? You're saying that when you get paired against a guild with a couple weak lvl 200s your guild isn't dumping gems? So with this logic then, nobody gets good matchups. Top 25 get top 25, and so on. The top ten paid big bucks for their stats, and they deserve to whoop your ass. Just like you paid for your stats and you deserve to whoop weaker peoples asses as well. It's a damn circle of life yo!
In my best Schwarzenegger "stop whining".

Solution, only pair guilds that are +-5 ranks around you. Eliminate the 56 win goal and reduce it to 35 or 40. Make it so you can declare constantly and only fight your local rank competition. The reduced consecutive win requirement will make up for longer wait times. In the first 6 hours of the war, match people heavily based on size and strength. After that start weighing more on CP ranking. This could make matching a little more fair.

anchlovi
10-19-2013, 09:54 PM
You completely missed the point of those who complain. They don't mind be matched against FUN or RK. The problem is that those are all they are being matched against.

Burnt flesh
10-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Anchovi, I missed nothing. Yu missed the part where I said people are declaring war when they shouldn't. It's a simple fix, it really is. Just gotta wait a few extra minutes.

Mr. Sirmanchoo
10-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Anchovi, I missed nothing. Yu missed the part where I said people are declaring war when they shouldn't. It's a simple fix, it really is. Just gotta wait a few extra minutes.

This was said by Zenobia in another thread.

Don't be dense, voxker. We're so not in the mood for your MoC hate/trolling. Obviously that will not help against #4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, which we have clearly mentioned we get as much. And they wait for the top 3 to move so we would obviously then get them if we waited, which is no better... As our fourth or fifth encounter right now with FDK proves.

So it doesn't seem like they are struggling with just top 3. They seem to be having problem with all top 10 repeatedly. How would you suggest they avoid the other 6-7 teams?

Burnt flesh
10-19-2013, 10:05 PM
There is no way to avoid them! What are the top ten supposed to do? Sit there and fight nobody? If the top three are moving, who else is there for them to fight? Are they supposed to get together and be like 'hey, we are both top ten, let's declare at the same time". There are plenty of guilds even in top 50 that are strong as hell. And not to mention all the 'new' guilds out in the 200-500 ranks destroying those poor bastards that actually belong there. But a lot of top guilds have figured out to move way out in rank and get the wins prizes, then make the push the last day for whatever rank they desire.

rsd007
10-19-2013, 10:14 PM
I think the fix is to make every guild fight in their category +1 or - 1
Top 10 can fight top 3, top 10 or top 25, Top 25 fight top 10,25,50.
guild rank should be last war rank+current rank/2 to avoid rank lowering and pushing at the end. simple, easy and fair IMHO

Mr. Sirmanchoo
10-19-2013, 10:15 PM
There is no way to avoid them! What are the top ten supposed to do? Sit there and fight nobody? If the top three are moving, who else is there for them to fight? Are they supposed to get together and be like 'hey, we are both top ten, let's declare at the same time". There are plenty of guilds even in top 50 that are strong as hell. And not to mention all the 'new' guilds out in the 200-500 ranks destroying those poor bastards that actually belong there. But a lot of top guilds have figured out to move way out in rank and get the wins prizes, then make the push the last day for whatever rank they desire.

Maybe they should add a bit to the algorithm that helps avoid repeated matchups. They should add something that helps avoid repeat matchups. Maybe if both teams have declared at the same time, but they just fought each other within the last 10 matches or so, they should not be allowed to be paired. After that, if they get matched then its fair game, but if the same team loses again, they should not be allowed to battle again. If that wouldn't work, why not base it on CP difference during the loss. So if they lost by more than 100% then that should make it so they cannot be matched within the next 10 matches, and the same if they lose again with never being paired again.

Burnt flesh
10-19-2013, 10:24 PM
That's a hell of an idea mr. Sir! Seriously, I think that's perfect. If you get destroyed by any guild, you don't see them for at ten wars. Doesn't have to be against a top ten. Just a loss of say 250-500kcp? A real beat down qualifies. But then, the only problem is some guilds will not win by as much cp, to stay under 'x'. But you're onto something here.

Burnt flesh
10-19-2013, 10:27 PM
RSD, while I like your idea, top 25 would be very low scoring because it would be too easy to NOT fight top 10. Everyone would score minimal cp, and we would be here again.

Zenobia
10-20-2013, 12:19 AM
There are a lot of things Gree can do to correct the changes in the matching system they made kowtowing to FuN's demand for qukicker matching that messed up everyone else. Soo far, since they satisfield the 1%, even though they claim to want the game good for the 99% they have clearly not made good on that word and improved it for us at all. Some or all of these very simple solutions could go a long way:
1) no repeat matches in any 24-hour span. We could still get RK then SB then FDK... But at least not then NOT immediately get FDK again. Then again 4 hours later. .... 24 hours.
2) if a match proves incredibly lopsised, e,g, 20k to 3 milliom, something in the matching system to say this match is NOT an acceptible match to make again this war, the war is supposed to be battles between peers. Yeah, we'd get FUN, RK, etc evey war still but when the maych proves tremendously lopsides it is removed from the system as a valid match. Someone elese's turn to get that pain once.
3) as much as I don't enjoy being on the wrong end of a lopsided match, being on the winning side of one isn't much better. i empathise withteams who see our name and react as we do when we see fun's. Then since we can't get any points onthe likes of fun, we have to unload a few cartloads of gems on the hapless next team we can and honestly it doean't feel great crushing those guys. I would rather decently matched battles.
4) i am too tired but i know there were more suggestions i had for fixing the problem the problem that fixig it for fun created. If gree TRULY cared aboud game mechanics working for us, they'd have reverted to the old matching system after the first run with it. I will be back tomorrow. Let's get some good ideas in here, to make wars here enjoyable again

Big-R
10-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Only problem with this is most teams do not fight against fun, so when they crush someone, and that gets removed as a not viable matchup there left with nobody to fight.
If say they took the idea of only fighting once in a 24hr period, FUN would end up fighting teams ranked around the top 100 mark which is even less fair, because most the top teams wait for them to move, then declare so the matchups will be even less lopsided.
People complain about gree changing the algorithm because FUN complained. If any of your guilds had the same wait time as they did, you'd be straight on here complaining and expect it fixed as well.

Alucard47
10-20-2013, 02:09 PM
I think my guild would like to matchup with FUN. We would sit back and watch how many points they'd score against us. We would taunt them and laugh as we bleed on them. Maybe the member with the most losses buys a round of drinks!?! I'm betting we could get to 10k losses. It might be bad for everyone else as they'd probly score more against us than anyone else scores in a weekend.

E-I
10-21-2013, 05:35 AM
Solution, only pair guilds that are +-5 ranks around you. Eliminate the 56 win goal and reduce it to 35 or 40. Make it so you can declare constantly and only fight your local rank competition. The reduced consecutive win requirement will make up for longer wait times. In the first 6 hours of the war, match people heavily based on size and strength. After that start weighing more on CP ranking. This could make matching a little more fair.

+/- five ranks around you would make for extremely long wait times. Additionally, what do you do with FUN? All five of the teams below them wait until they are matched to declare.

KM KAge
10-21-2013, 07:11 AM
The current matching process is fine. We get matched by higher ranking guilds and they give us a good kicking. So what we move on. The suggestions being made are far too complicated and are likely to mean longer wait times before matchups which would generate more complaints.
The problem is not getting matched against a higher ranking guild & getting a good kicking. It is having this happen over 90% of the time. The algorithm states that your current w/l record is taken into account. We were 0/9, then got matched against 2 top 10 teams in a row.

willb125
10-21-2013, 12:20 PM
The current matching process is fine. We get matched by higher ranking guilds and they give us a good kicking. So what we move on. The suggestions being made are far too complicated and are likely to mean longer wait times before matchups which would generate more complaints.

Please explain to me how it's fine when a 27 member guild with 14 members under L100 and an avg A/D around 2 mil is matched with FUN, RK and TRK in a span of 5 matches? The guild was in T75 when matched.

Rasputin
10-21-2013, 01:31 PM
For all the whining and complaining about having to battle FUN, RK, and SB, one gets the impression that they each win 200-300 battles per war.

Here's a solution: suck it up and move on. Unless you're in one of those top 3 guilds, you're in the same position as everyone around you. Yeah, you might get your arse kicked a few times per war. But ya know what? So will all the teams around you too. Deal with it and stop your whining.

/rant

FeelSoHigh
10-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Matching system is easier to understand i think:

Once paired vs a lower team so you can spend a ton of gems. And once you're paired vs a team who can spend a ton of gem on your team. So as you cannot score points the next time you get paired vs a team on which you can spend a ton of gems, you spend more to close the gap with other teams and so on...

So you win once, the other time the rival team wins... That's what we trust?? No ! In all situation it's Gree who wins, because we spend more and more gems...

Well done Gree! You got it! Your matching system makes us spend (and buy) more gems.

Congratulation$$$$

E-I
10-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Please explain to me how it's fine when a 27 member guild with 14 members under L100 and an avg A/D around 2 mil is matched with FUN, RK and TRK in a span of 5 matches? The guild was in T75 when matched.

Its not like FUN's score is a big secret. You can watch for when they are scoring and coordinate your declare times like the rest of us. What makes you think you are special? :p