PDA

View Full Version : Gree, Here are Some Suggestions for Future Building Quests

Alleran
10-24-2013, 08:05 AM
Gree,

You have been doing a lot of innovating recently, and the new types of quests are a welcome addition to the game. But like the last epic boss 100 quest, you are making them way too difficult to complete. The new building quest, for example, will costs thousands of gems and tens of millions of gold to complete. It is reasonable to make these quests challenging, if the rewards warrant it, but only if you also give the players the ability to earn bonuses that make the events easier to complete. Here are some suggestions for future building quests:

1) Start offering event prizes that reduce building upgrade time and cost

2) Increase the maximum number of number times you can attack someone to more than 12

3) Offer event prizes that increase attack gold payout, similar to the raid gold payout modifiers

Hersh
10-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Agreed! And maybe lower the gem cost to speed up construction a TINY bit :)

Alleran
10-24-2013, 08:11 AM
And of course, once you establish a new event, you can't continually move the milestones required to complete the quests. You need to give the players a chance to "catch up." You should calibrate event difficulty so that free players are able to complete the same percentage of the event every time. For example, if a free player can get to boss 40 on one boss event, he should be able to get to boss 40 on the next boss event, assuming no new bonuses were earned. In this way, you still have to spend a lot money to meaningfully improve your position, but free players won't fall behind. The same principle applies to the building event and all events.

Alleran
10-24-2013, 08:19 AM
To clarify, you should be gradually inflating event difficulty to keep pace with the AVERAGE player. This creates an incentive to spend to both get up to average and to be above average so you can complete events more easily. Again, all the innovation is great, but you need to start putting more thought into calibration of event difficulty.

If you think I'm wrong, check the numbers on the building event once it is complete. I am confident you will see that a lot of players who would have otherwise spent gems, are opting out of this event because of the high threshold required to complete it. The few hard core spenders who do complete the event won't compensate for all the lost revenue you could have made from the hundreds of mid to high level spenders who opted out.

There is an optimal intersection of player participation and event cost, where you maximize your revenue. You are skewed way too far towards high event cost and low player participation. You are losing easy money.

Hersh
10-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Wow! I completely agree with alleran

CowsofChaos
10-24-2013, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't mind a building where the gold collected goes directly to the guild. Same with raiding it

itsaklayton
10-25-2013, 01:48 PM
I support all that was said by Alleran and I love the idea of a guild money building.

Zenobia
10-25-2013, 02:00 PM
To clarify, you should be gradually inflating event difficulty to keep pace with the AVERAGE player. This creates an incentive to spend to both get up to average and to be above average so you can complete events more easily. Again, all the innovation is great, but you need to start putting more thought into calibration of event difficulty.

If you think I'm wrong, check the numbers on the building event once it is complete. I am confident you will see that a lot of players who would have otherwise spent gems, are opting out of this event because of the high threshold required to complete it. The few hard core spenders who do complete the event won't compensate for all the lost revenue you could have made from the hundreds of mid to high level spenders who opted out.

There is an optimal intersection of player participation and event cost, where you maximize your revenue. You are skewed way too far towards high event cost and low player participation. You are losing easy money.

All of this is RIGHT ON in my opinion.

sister morphine
10-25-2013, 11:08 PM

You also need to factor in the number of players who effectively have any chance of making progress in this LTB event cancelled out by players like yourself using them as ATMs. Sound familiar? ;)

To anybody who might come out with "raise your stats", just stop being an ass! My HLP has 6.5 mil stats, but what am I or anybody supposed to do against a player like the op who is 17/14 mil. That stupid disparity is also Gree's fault.

Klassenr@hotmail.com
10-26-2013, 04:33 AM
Once again the OP is spot on and here am I wasting my time and energy to agree. Nothing will change. If anything expect it to become worse.

zach123
10-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Gree may listen as Alleran is a member of FUN but I agree with alleran and everything he said is spot on

Ereaser
10-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Can't even attack 12 times before the game crashing on me...

bongzor
10-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Good suggestions mate! :)