PDA

View Full Version : Hey GREE, Granny fix didn't work!

Berneburg
10-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Like many who already had started stage 20/20 before your most recent data set, the new version only compounded the problem, it did not fix it. Now, instead of fighting a witch that regenerates, we fight an invulnerable witch. Hits appear to do no damage yet energy goes down and XP are "earned." Going on close to 24 hrs now of not being able to work this quest. Pretty simple math to add a day...

Samson (DDD)
10-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Same here. Experiencing same issue.

Voxker
10-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Gree's getting in the spirit of H'ween, units are zombies, zombies cannot be killed unless headshot.

Alexius
10-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Gree's getting in the spirit of H'ween, units are zombies, zombies cannot be killed unless headshot.
Haha, can we get a Resident Evil shout out!

E-I
10-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Sorry, everyone has gone home for the day. Gree will be looking again at it tomorrow. At the very latest, they will get this corrected after the weekend. Just keep using gems in the meantime.

Rastlin
10-24-2013, 07:41 PM
I have 2 witches now that I can't attack... Great bug...

Jerle
10-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Sorry, everyone has gone home for the day. Gree will be looking again at it tomorrow. At the very latest, they will get this corrected after the weekend. Just keep using gems in the meantime.

We've actually still got a couple of people looking at it. No code in this area has changed recently that we're aware of so still trying to figure out exactly what's happening.

Weepit
10-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Are you hiring at Gree? If not, you should be.

"No code has changed.

That we are aware of. "

Seriously? You don't even have code control?

I'll sort you out for a mere 5000 nuts. Nuts are my version of gems. So buy my nuts and we will talk.

Tinmad
10-24-2013, 08:23 PM
I just beat 20/20 without using gems or encountering any issues. This account is still on ios 6, which I think it likely why.

Nudist
10-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Appears to be fixed for me. Doesn't work for time lost but oh well.

Krissy
10-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Hi I have Ios 7. I waited at 20/20 with the witch spawned until the fix. I just used an entire health bar and no change in granny's energy bar occurred. Interestingly the game knew the damage wasn't applied my next hit was for twice the damage as the first. By the end I the damage stated was 3900 on the last hit. No change to granny. I know you are working on this. Thank you.

Jerle
10-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Ok, we've narrowed this down further. There was a data issue earlier in the day - the deploy earlier seems to have fixed it, but if you've been camping the area it may not have taken effect yet.

Steps that should remedy:

1) Get latest dataset. This means leave your game open/cnnected for a few, exit the game, and reload (make sure you see the loading screen)
2) Load into all the areas with affected monsters
3) Set a stopwatch for 20 mins
4) ?
5) Profit

echus14
10-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Sounds like an iOS7 compatibility issue. It's so funny (got to laugh at these things, otherwise ...) because one of the recurring responses by Support was always "You are not using the latest version of iOS". LOL

That being said, I guess its not easy for the developers to get it right when the base OS has changed (and an update just came in yesterday).

SUGGESTION - credit back some gems to the players. I know a lot of players (including myself) who were trying with gems and basically blew them for no result.

echus14
10-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Malik's grandmother has now entered into the fray - the Indestructible Granny of KA. LOL

Darth Randy
10-24-2013, 08:50 PM
And here I thought it was just my wife slacking off on the laundry, lousy gnomes.

Darth Randy
10-24-2013, 08:52 PM
It's not i Os problem. I have same problem on both accounts which are on different iOSs

TK275
10-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Ok, we've narrowed this down further. There was a data issue earlier in the day - the deploy earlier seems to have fixed it, but if you've been camping the area it may not have taken effect yet.

1) Get latest dataset. This means leave your game open/cnnected for a few, exit the game, and reload (make sure you see the loading screen)
4) ?
5) Profit

What data set is the latest version? I've downloaded the "fix" data set from earlier and waited, reopened, and event reinstalled in hopes that it would spawn the working mob. None of these have worked.

Diadexxus
10-24-2013, 09:29 PM
20/20 is still not working for me. Cannot hit granny at all and I want to get to prestige!!!! Also this problem is on my ipad 1 with 5.1.1

C'mon!
-Diadexxus

Chups Crow
10-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Finally!! I've beaten Granny with one full energy. I guess the fix made her a bit weaker. Thanks!! On to Prestige.

Rastlin
10-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Finally!! I've beaten Granny with one full energy. I guess the fix made her a bit weaker. Thanks!! On to Prestige.
Still not working for me... and I still have 2 granny's that can't be beaten....Your lucky

Rastlin
10-24-2013, 09:45 PM
20/20 is still not working for me. Cannot hit granny at all and I want to get to prestige!!!! Also this problem is on my ipad 1 with 5.1.1

C'mon!
-Diadexxus
I hear you. Been stuck on 20/20 since yesterday....

Jerle
10-24-2013, 10:11 PM
The problem is that the client is keeping some bad data and not listening to server attempts to overwrite it in all cases. Following my earlier directions, then doing an uninstall/reinstall might help - or hopping around and loading a lot of different areas to trigger refreshes of data from the server.

Failing that, keep talking to our support team- we're potentially looking at ways we can just have affected players hop over the bugged goal they're stuck at.

Ratma2001
10-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Still not working for me... and I still have 2 granny's that can't be beaten....Your lucky

Crikey ! you're greedy Rastlin, i only had 1 and breezed through her likje a bunch of prunes on a sunday morning, see you on the otherside!

Ratma2001
10-24-2013, 10:13 PM
The problem is that the client is keeping some bad data and not listening to server attempts to overwrite it in all cases. Following my earlier directions, then doing an uninstall/reinstall might help - or hopping around and loading a lot of different areas to trigger refreshes of data from the server.

Failing that, keep talking to our support team- we're potentially looking at ways we can just have affected players hop over the bugged goal they're stuck at.

Nah , its all good , i made it through so lets press on.........no need to Hop this for everyone...lets call it evening the field.

Hooli57
10-24-2013, 10:14 PM

4) ?
5) Profit

I m not going to insult gree like so many. I just ask to find a solution please because its boring to not advance in the game and also to add some,time or a extra unit as a sor'ry from gree

P4TR1C14N
10-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Waiting on a fix... Lost a day till now in this event.

Thank you GREE. But no... I will not spend anymore to correct the issues you create. Sorry. Enough is enough...

klevito
10-24-2013, 10:39 PM
This Granny is way ahead of my martial art training. I will move on and maybe consider the old woman next door. She is a bit more fragile

syKosis
10-24-2013, 10:43 PM
I have:

1) uninstalled the game
2) rebooted my device (reset network)
3) reinstalled the game
4) entered the game
5) loaded about 10 different area maps and waited 20 mins on the quest map
6) exited the game
7) rebooted my device (reset network)
8) entered the game
9) loaded about 10 different area maps and waited 20 mins on the quest map

No go.

What are those that have gotten this working done?

BanDroid
10-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Off topic..I think there should be an option of Liking a few comments..

NOOOPPEEE dont work on brigning that code in forum now...... focus on the gran baby ...focus on the Gran

Berneburg
10-25-2013, 03:27 AM
I did the hokey pokey...didn't work. Now what?

Vclone
10-25-2013, 03:34 AM
You think that they may have created a mob or two before. Sounds like a copy and paste effort just like the customer service responses.

Berneburg
10-25-2013, 05:28 AM
Deleted game, did the hokey pokey... still didn't work. Running out of options other than just stop playing. Which is sounding more and more appealing.

Jnsolberg
10-25-2013, 08:08 AM
I play 3 games. I got past granny with only a little trouble. But now on level 30/30 I'm stuck. On 2 games I had already taken hits on the mob before the fix. Now those 2 games have indestructible mobs.
On the third game I got to 30/30 after the fix, and I was able to get through it easily. Although I didn't dare leave the screen, I powered my way through.
Now it seems like I'm stuck with indestructible mobs on 2 games. I could finish in 5 minutes if Gree gets it fixed.
Very frustrating Gree! How about just giving the units on the levels we are stuck on?

luke8989
10-25-2013, 01:05 PM
We've actually still got a couple of people looking at it. No code in this area has changed recently that we're aware of so still trying to figure out exactly what's happening.

U guys are the best!!! After so long, u are still looking into it, still don't know what is wrong!!!

Yet you guys still have the cheek to bring forward the war, push out events 1 after another!!!!

P4TR1C14N
10-25-2013, 01:22 PM
On a positive note... I played this ltq slow as i expected to get stuck, but need to say i could kill the granny from first time. No issue on my side at the moment.

┴ed
10-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Deleted game, did the hokey pokey... still didn't work. Running out of options other than just stop playing. Which is sounding more and more appealing.

I tell my guild mates to take of your shoe and rub your left foot, I swear people have told me on more than one occasion it has worked for them. :cool:

Raistlin-MN
10-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Deleted game, did the hokey pokey... still didn't work.

Yes, but did you turn yourself around? Turning yourself around is non-inclusive to the hokey pokey.

kalmyr
10-25-2013, 02:21 PM

4) ?
5) Profit

This worked for me, but just went to about 5 or 6 different random maps first then waited 20 mins w/granny map loaded and I was able to kill her.

Gambit12
10-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Simple method that works for me & to some others that did it earlier...

- hit the granny twice
- then go back to your kingdom
- then go back to the Unsanctified Marsh or wherever she's at(without clicking on the Quest book)
- then wait at least 2 mins
- then finish her off at all cost
- Good Luck everyone!

Vclone
10-25-2013, 08:45 PM
I am hearing a lot of things from a lot of different people. I find it odd that some folks are getting pushed through the granny level, some are getting directions on how to work through the problem, and others are getting the canned answer.

Diadexxus
10-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Did a forced reboot on my iPad 1. Logged in, for giggles I hit granny 8 times and got some WEIRD hits do 1,300 energy but it wasn't working until the 9th hit THEN I COULD KILL HER! In prestige now