PDA

View Full Version : Gree and the stolen Gems

Big-R
10-27-2013, 02:58 AM
During the last war, every now and again When doing an attack, it would come up "cannot connect to server", when this happened it would deduct 25 gems from my account, and I would not get full health. This happened on quite a few occasions, and to other guild members as well. This amounted to thousands of gems gree was just pilfering away with no agreement from us.
The new LTQ, I would use a refill to half kill a monster, leave come back a bit later and it was full again. This also happened on more than one occasion and to more than one person. Again a large amount of gems go to gree and we get nothing from them. Taken with no gain.
So I send in a ticket to gree, asking for the gems returned to me. All I want I what was taken when I didn't get what was advertised. Gree responds with "we can not give compensation for this". I reply stating I don't want compensation, that insinuates I want more than what was taken, I don't. All I want is what was taken, given back so I can then spend as it should be. Not just disappearing to Narnia. They reply they can't refund missing gems.
How can a company take gems out of your account without authorisation, and refuse to return them? Is this not tantamount to theft? Is this just them being an ass to me? Or did everyone get the same response?

l3lade2
10-27-2013, 03:26 AM
During the last war, every now and again When doing an attack, it would come up "cannot connect to server", when this happened it would deduct 25 gems from my account, and I would not get full health. This happened on quite a few occasions, and to other guild members as well. This amounted to thousands of gems gree was just pilfering away with no agreement from us.

This has been going on since the 1st War, it still happens yes, GREE clearly have no intention of fixing it. I have never gotten any gems back for this.

The new LTQ, I would use a refill to half kill a monster, leave come back a bit later and it was full again. This also happened on more than one occasion and to more than one person. Again a large amount of gems go to gree and we get nothing from them. Taken with no gain.
So I send in a ticket to gree, asking for the gems returned to me. All I want I what was taken when I didn't get what was advertised. Gree responds with "we can not give compensation for this". I reply stating I don't want compensation, that insinuates I want more than what was taken, I don't. All I want is what was taken, given back so I can then spend as it should be. Not just disappearing to Narnia. They reply they can't refund missing gems.
How can a company take gems out of your account without authorisation, and refuse to return them? Is this not tantamount to theft? Is this just them being an ass to me? Or did everyone get the same response?

GREE "can" refund gems, if you get a message from Support saying that they blanket cannot refund gems, then you are being lied to. I know this because they have refunded gems to me in the past, as well as others, and once or twice they even gave out 50 gems to everyone for some cock ups...so they "can", they are choosing not to.

Big-R
10-27-2013, 03:55 AM
Yeah I have had refunds before, but they claim they can't refund for this issue. Which I personally think is unnaceptable seeing as it was there mess up.

Arionek
10-27-2013, 03:58 AM
Is'nt this illegal??? I mean this sounds like theft to me!

Big-R
10-27-2013, 04:13 AM
Does to me as well. All they do is keep closing my tickets though and saying they'll pass it to the developers.

Totalwar
10-27-2013, 04:15 AM
Contact apple support giving a copy of e-mails you sent sure they will give you a refund.

KingKeith
10-27-2013, 05:48 AM
Luckily, i bought a mountain 4 hours before the beginning of war so I avoided that problem with buying and not receiving gems.

However, on 6 occasions I got 'cannot connect to server' which would automatically deduct 25 gems and give me no health regen too. (This is on top of the other 10+ 'cannot connect to server' which drained health with no results). I gave Gree numerous tickets and all they did was reply with generic remarks like engineers are looking into it, etc. Personally, this is borderline robbing from customers.

I pledged to not buy gems for a month + next war to send a strike against this. I'm not encouraging anyone to do it but if enuff players do the same it would greatly reduce Gree's revenue and would raise some heads to spark better customer service(s) in the future.

Good luck to you all!

Frostpocket
10-27-2013, 06:17 AM
Is'nt this illegal??? I mean this sounds like theft to me!

I have suffered this and also within another GREE game. GREE simply does not answer my emails any more. So, I have taken this up with Apple Support and also, with Trading Standards, in the UK. Although the game is not UK based, it is providing a service, which is being accessed in the UK.

Perfuzzie
10-27-2013, 07:56 AM
same thing happened to me , lost 100 gems due to the "cannot connect to server" and all i got from Gree was the stupid answer "I apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during the event . We will be looking into this issue to avoid any future complications."

Big-R
10-27-2013, 09:00 AM
So any mods feel like wading in and saying something about this? Or is it a case of yo know your in the wrong so will ignore it and hope the thread dies?

Throner
10-27-2013, 09:46 AM
I had the only 3 hits after gem refill issue. And lots of can't reach server messages.

_Mas_
10-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Unlucky bro. Hope they fixed it. I lost 1300 gems just when it was down and istarted on lvl 1 for some time

Allegra
10-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Sue them! If one person would steal from you, you will go to the police. Gree stole your gems (money), and refuse to give it back. Sue them!

dizzle
10-27-2013, 07:48 PM
they have refunded my gems from this very reason, but they always add "as a 1 time thing" lol

asrafsohel
10-28-2013, 12:00 AM
You surely should contact apple support to get your refund as Gree is care less about this matter.

Voxker
10-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Sounds like a book title

Big-R
10-28-2013, 04:03 AM
Thank you, it was meant to.

aphroKEN
10-28-2013, 07:42 PM
While it is unfair, the ToS clearly says they own 'your' account and everything in it. They only give you a licence to use 'your' account. So Gree isn't really stealing in that strict sense.

Unethical, yes. Illegal, no.

the_bob
10-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Unethical, yes. Illegal, no.

Words like "legal" and "illegal" get tossed around a lot. Terms of Service and EULAs are rarely "legally binding" in such a sense as is being used here.

They are simply what they state they are. Terms of Service. Meaning the entity providing said service can terminate that service to you if you violate said terms.

By that same token, Apple has it's own Terms of Service that both end-users and developers alike have to abide by. When an end-user puts money onto their Apple Store account and uses that money to purchase something from a developer, if the developer fails to provide what was paid for, Apple will (typically) refund the money to the end-user. The problem is that you have to make that request of Apple yourself and you have to provide evidence that you were never compensated for your purchase by the developer.