PDA

View Full Version : Heads up! Scheduled Server Maintenance 11-2-2013!

Sirius
10-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Greetings Folks,

Just as the title says, we are having some scheduled server down time. Details below:

Kingdom Age servers will be down for maintenance starting on November 2nd at 10:50 PM PDT and will end shortly after November 3rd at 3:00 AM PST. During this time Kingdom Age will not be accessible.

This will interrupt the Raid Boss event. To prevent issues with this event we will lock the ability to summon new bosses starting at 9: 50 PM PDT (one hour before the maintenance period).

Shadows
10-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the heads-up!

Lara4578
10-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Sirius, that maintenance is after the raid boss event?? or will it be eating into the time of the raid boss event??

Thank You

Rastlin
10-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Are you going to be adding 4 hours to all of the events????

kruppe
10-30-2013, 05:25 PM
UTC Please

Need to calculate local Darujhistan time thank you...

And will the clock stop on game time both in collection of gold and quest countdown?

Weepit
10-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Do you guys really think Gree will give us any extra time?

That would be fair and make sense!

If we are lucky maybe we will all get 3 gems and a virtual reach around.

We are talking about a company that needs to take down servers for time changes and maintenance.

Reminds me of working in an IT group. 15 years ago.

Rastlin
10-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Do you guys really think Gree will give us any extra time?

If it was someone else that posted this thread instead of Sirius, then no. But I trust Sirius, and know he cares about the players. If he has any limited control over this then yes it will happen..

BanDroid
10-31-2013, 02:36 AM
Sirius, would request an acknowledgment whether this will be in the middle or after raid boss..dont want a outage during the crunch period of raid boss please.

JPFAS
10-31-2013, 02:43 AM
Are you going to be adding 4 hours to all of the events????

4 hours ????

Hahahaha. By Gree standards, 4 hours = 4* n hours where n can be any number except 1

It's all a dream
10-31-2013, 03:08 AM
Greetings Folks,

Just as the title says, we are having some scheduled server down time. Details below:

Kingdom Age servers will be down for maintenance starting on November 2nd at 10:50 PM PDT and will end shortly after November 3rd at 3:00 AM PST. During this time Kingdom Age will not be accessible.

Will this fix all issues that will arise due to change to Standard time in US :)

sister morphine
10-31-2013, 04:02 AM
Will this fix all issues that will arise due to change to Standard time in US :)
I'd so love to have the gold restored I lost from all my major buildings which vanished when I collected them on time, and then got raided before I could get back an hour or so later. Dream on! :p

P4TR1C14N
10-31-2013, 05:38 AM
Greetings Folks,

PDT, PST... Lets throw in also a GMT, UST, CET etc?

Hello... Your game is played in more as one country or part off the world. Where is your respect towards those players?

Wait... Indeed... You don't take that into account as gree shows every event when they start it and stop it.

Lets repeat those by now famous words off gree: 'We do listen to you'

Doc Holliday
10-31-2013, 07:36 AM
First off, thank you for the advance notice. Much appreciated.

Secondly, my theory is that this looks like they discovered an issue related to the shift from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time in the US. The outage is scheduled during the time range of the US shifting back, so presumably, something bad would have happened if the servers were not offline.

For those asking about overlap with events, yes, it will overlap with the Raid boss based on the remaining time (about 3.75 days). No idea on whether they'll extend it, but I have a guess.

JPNy
10-31-2013, 08:35 AM
Greetings Folks,

Indeed lots of people out of this time zone and out of US. For them this means nothing !
Posting schedules in UTC is the least for international business !!!!!

PDT = UTC - 7
PST = UTC - 8

So in UTC : 11.03 05:50 AM to 11:00 AM

And CET : 11.03 6:50 AM to noon

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :eek:

It's all a dream
10-31-2013, 11:38 PM
First off, thank you for the advance notice. Much appreciated.

Secondly, my theory is that this looks like they discovered an issue related to the shift from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time in the US. The outage is scheduled during the time range of the US shifting back, so presumably, something bad would have happened if the servers were not offline.

For those asking about overlap with events, yes, it will overlap with the Raid boss based on the remaining time (about 3.75 days). No idea on whether they'll extend it, but I have a guess.

You didn't play long?

There are big issues with this change. We had lots of trouble in the past. Shutting down for 'maintenance' has been Gree's solution. O wait it doesn't work. Issues remain. And the best part nobody gets to play and the rest of the world still experience the issues, because the time change is at another date.
Come on Gree fix it or don't, but try and remember it's a global game.

Iron Maiden
11-01-2013, 01:44 AM
03:50 pm Australian Eastern T
01:50 pm China T / Singapore T
12:50 pm Indochina T (Thailand)
06:50 am Central European T (Sweden, Norway, Greece, Belgium)
05:50 am Western European T (UK, Ireland)
01:50 am Eastern T (USA, Canada)
12:50 am Central T (USA, Canada)
11:50 pm Mountain T (USA, Canada)
10:50 pm Pacific T (USA, Canada)

Until

08:00 pm Australian Eastern T
06:00 pm China T / Singapore T
05:00 pm Indochina T (Thailand)
12:00 pm Central European T (Sweden, Norway, Greece, Belgium)
11:00 pm Western European T (UK, Ireland)
06:00 am Eastern T (USA, Canada)
05:00 am Central T (USA, Canada)
04:00 am Mountain T (USA, Canada)
03:00 am Pacific T (USA, Canada)

Hope this helps- also just to clarify- that will be the times after the time changes to PST... I may have made a mistake on some Europe :/ sorry if I did...

It's all a dream
11-01-2013, 02:15 AM
03:50 pm Australian Eastern T
01:50 pm China T / Singapore T
12:50 pm Indochina T (Thailand)
07:50 am Central European T (Sweden, Norway, Greece, Belgium)
06:50 am Western European T (UK, Ireland)
01:50 am Eastern T (USA, Canada)
12:50 am Central T (USA, Canada)
11:50 pm Mountain T (USA, Canada)
10:50 pm Pacific T (USA, Canada)

Until

08:00 pm Australian Eastern T
06:00 pm China T / Singapore T
05:00 pm Indochina T (Thailand)
12:00 pm Central European T (Sweden, Norway, Greece, Belgium)
11:00 pm Western European T (UK, Ireland)
06:00 am Eastern T (USA, Canada)
05:00 am Central T (USA, Canada)
04:00 am Mountain T (USA, Canada)
03:00 am Pacific T (USA, Canada)

Hope this helps- also just to clarify- that will be the times after the time changes to PST... I may have made a mistake on some Europe :/ sorry if I did...

Problem is europe already went to standard time. This means Europe is 8h up to PDT atm, but after the change in US we are 9h up.
So maintenance is 10.50pm PDT to 3 am PST, this means for Europe 6.50am to 12pm
And for UK/Ireland this means 5.50am to 11am

Azrael
11-02-2013, 04:54 PM
I switched phones and lost my game. I backed up my iPhone 5 in iTunes and restored the new phone. When I went into my Kingdom Age game, I was at level 1 and everything was gone. The strange part is that it has The Devils Doorway as my last visited spot and the boss is missing health. Can anyone help me get my game back?

mighty mackenzie
11-02-2013, 11:01 PM
You make the raid boss incredibly harder and so much more expensive and now you are taking 5 hours away ???????
What kind of scam is this??????
Are you going to give more time to finish the quest to compensate for the missing time????
Please give some answers ???
The only fair thing would be to add time at the end of the event!!!!!
Is it too much to ask for a little fairness?

Tubs
11-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Thx for the pre-warning that Gree is still having daylight saving time issues but as a European player with time to play mainly in the weekend it would be "nice" in the future if :
A) maintenance was done in between events rather than during (hint Gree, try to take a break and fix these US date hard coded issues once and for all)
B) try swapping hours of maintenance so sometimes it's during European night time or Asia Pacific night time rather than US, as stated before, you're trying to run a Global game
C) as the others stated, are you stopping the clock on the events? Pre-warning of that would be "nice" too
Tubs
The Crusader Guild

Jerle
11-03-2013, 03:31 AM
Maintenance complete. Thanks for everyone's patience! Tonight's improvements included a variety of infrastructure changes to make the game more robust during events, and other improvements that we've been wanting to do for a while but can't while the game is online.

rsd007
11-03-2013, 04:24 AM
Jerle, can you tell us what are these improvements?

Gothic Sassy
11-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Jerle, can you tell us what are these improvements?

I have been trying to log in all day and I keep getting server not found, any suggestions?

Shadows
11-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Maintenance complete. Thanks for everyone's patience! Tonight's improvements included a variety of infrastructure changes to make the game more robust during events, and other improvements that we've been wanting to do for a while but can't while the game is online.

Is it just me, or do the animations of the mobs seem a little cooler now? :-)

Freedom4All
11-04-2013, 02:06 PM
love this game keep it up