PDA

View Full Version : Gree, merely misunderstood

kruppe
11-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Kruppe has this theory that we have totally misunderstood Gree's motives.

We have seen on this forum about the cash grabbing and the cost of events rising to intolerable levels and stated implicitly or explicitly about Gree's motives to drain the last gem spend out of every player.

In fact, what is happening is a life lesson. And Gree is leading the education on the futility of chasing material (albeit pixel material) wealth. The ephemeral nature of that wealth is in part represented by the stat inflation where the best unit is rapidly overtaken by another "best" unit. Players are driven on that treadmill to get the next best thing, spending while knowing that they will be back tomorrow to try and get the next.

However, Gree has cleverly let known that this approach is ultimately doomed. When there is an event with a highly desirable prize they quickly follow up with another to reduce the previous to an also ran. When gamers cry out for a respite, Gree just reduces the quest timing or increases the frequency of wars. This is clever aversion therapy and the psychologists at Gree have started to hit their stride in helping the players.

Kruppe can only feel grateful in being reminded that what is truly valued are the relationships formed as part of this forum or the guilds, those relationships that form the basis of a lifelong friendship, irrespective of attack strength or wars won. It is questing with the man to your right and the woman to your left that you will remember.

And thankfully this education is taking effect, watching the number of players migrating to a"free" guilds to relax and not take every quest, to chat and catchup on RL events while enjoying a tap tap session.

As mickaleus' stats fade to insignificance, it won't be those stats that hold Kruppe's memory but gratitude to Gree on reminding us of the true reason we play these games, and the good, sometimes wacky, definitely weird people I have met along the way.

bigex123
11-09-2013, 01:05 PM
U sir just made my day. Thank you

bigex123
11-09-2013, 01:06 PM
And u r totally correct with everything u say

Shiloh
11-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Kruppe's wisdom is my delight!

Rastlin
11-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Well said Sir! The great thing is if more realize this everyone will fall to the same level causing fun and strategy to come back into the game.

Crow-Magnum
11-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Hahaha - love it, Mick. And yes, I do count Kruppe as one of my sometimes wacky, definitely weird friends. LOL

woodfoot3
11-09-2013, 09:41 PM
I was feeling pretty discouraged reading through all the complaints about Gree and the out of control gem spending until I read this post. Thank you for a thoughtful, well-spoken message about what is truly important.

sister morphine
11-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Kruppe can only feel grateful in being reminded that what is truly valued are the relationships formed as part of this forum or the guilds, those relationships that form the basis of a lifelong friendship, irrespective of attack strength or wars won. It is questing with the man to your right and the woman to your left that you will remember.
Agree 100%, but at the same time weren't the personal relationships with other players the best thing about the game pre-guilds, whether via informal groups like RK and DW, or otherwise. :)

All Gree did was find a way to exploit that for monetary gain.

HAMM€R
11-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Wowed I am by your greatness of excellent speech has which brought heart gladness to my. Allude me still the gem that where find. Maybe good maybe bad that me no find. But teach me do you to have fun in this game and play freely I do as state advertisement greed by. Sorry for mistakes i spell

VileDoom
11-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Keep spending your money, GREE employee Christmas bonuses are right around the corner.

VileDoom
11-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Look at FUN and RK run up the score on each other again this event. The GREE moles are doing a fabulous job once again rallying the troops.

Rocco69
11-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Look at FUN and RK run up the score on each other again this event. The GREE moles are doing a fabulous job once again rallying the troops.
I was thinking the same - Lots of new ways to boost your stats added this last cycle & the top guilds seem to be going way harder than before. Ive accepted im a spectator in all of this (to an extent, im still a sucker trying to climb the stat ladder)

Gree player
11-10-2013, 10:00 PM
FUN is everywhere...Because of Fun and RK , Gree is able to run their office. Gree is going to have fat christmas this time. There are cashing millions :)