PDA

View Full Version : Nice break in KA

Vclone
01-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Thank you for the great break in activity. I did not go on to KA this past weekend much at all. I got 3 scratchers per day and did a little raiding. I even spent some time with my family in real life. My wife did not yell at me once this weekend to say "put the phone down" or "please pay attention to me" or "you are not getting anything done today!" So, I seemed to have earned the brownie points for war next weekend.

BillyGates
01-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Not a good sign for Gree's revenue stream letting people realize there's other things in life outside of this game...

Shadows
01-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Not a good sign for Gree's revenue stream letting people realize there's other things in life outside of this game...

wait, what?? What is this "outside of this game" that you speak of?

Voxker
01-05-2014, 06:21 PM
what is this "family" you are speaking of?

Master Stormzs
01-05-2014, 06:28 PM

Lol,^^^^^....maybe they will realize they need to do something different.

E-I
01-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Thanks to the constant barrage of gem-sucking events, this game is losing people faster than new members join. Most of the new accounts are just minis anyway. Yet Gree's solution is to keep upping the gem requirements to milk everything the can out of whoever is left.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Is this really a good sign for the longevity of the game though?

Voxker
01-05-2014, 08:46 PM

there will be a time where wars will be only with minis... just think about that

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Sadly.

^^^^

Vclone
01-06-2014, 03:32 AM

That is the real question I provoked here. As much as I have enjoyed a break, this is not good for the game. As people get bored with the lack of KA activity, they will find another outlet for their addictive behaviors.

Chups Crow
01-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Thanks to the break, I tried Games of War....its very good. Not sure yet if I will leave KA......it could get boring too you know.

alonibb
01-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Thanks to the break, I tried Games of War....its very good. Not sure yet if I will leave KA......it could get boring too you know.
Tried it too during this break.. Quite fun but a lot of kids playing it. Its even more time consuming than KA. I dont know.. For me I prefer KA. Suits my playingstyle and the time I have.

Danthorne
01-06-2014, 02:45 PM
I took a break too. Didn't do any of the events since last war and will miss this war. Have not given Gree a dime for gems. It's been a great break. There's too many events and wars. Like others have said it's no longer a game. It's just an income generator. The break has me reevaluating my priorities.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-06-2014, 03:58 PM
That's a very interesting and valid point Danthorne,

While a game can be good because it is social driven, can it be over-taxing on time that in turn drives people away from something they would otherwise stay involved in. Is too much of a good thing a 'turn-off'.

While these mobile games are relatively new, people will be attracted to them because it's different.

But as we suspected, as things settle down with mobile games, there will be a much lower price point and (something quite new) a time point.

So, the game is designed around having you involved often or be left behind. They have not yet found the balance between revenues, cost of running, price point, time point, the need to be involved constantly (the time point) and also the interest level.

Those things will be analysed and over time better judgements will be made as mobile games progress. I guess we are the lab rats for future game designs.

Further to that, are the demographics of the gamer changing. I have read a commissioned report recently that indicates the demographics have moved significantly from where we 'thought' these games were being used. The demographics is another game changer.

It's interesting to compare the social aspect of youth games where abuse is rife and compare it to adult games (a different demographic) where the social aspect is more social chat & friendship.

Therefore can mobile games do one or more of the following:

1. Focus on the wrong demographic.

2. Have low interest level including low social aspect and demographic.

3. Have a price point that is too high.

4. Have a time point that is too high.

5. Revenues too low.

6. Running costs too high. Including running too many of exactly the same game just with different characters.

7. Do they focus on Pareto's Law (80/20), found to be a misleading simplification. Mobile games have not been around long enough to analyse properly, so are they basing revenues on a misleading marketing law. Goodhardt's law may be closer but there could be something quite unique in the mobile game market as there is across other long established markets.

8. Focus too much on the wrong buyers. Buyers are not always what they seem (Anschuetz 2002). The heavy buyers get lighter and the lighter and non-buyers get heavier.

Those weaknesses can be turned around into strengths however.

Is there a need for a long term game or should they be disposable. How does that effect the company name and therefore the marketing. How does that in turn, effect the share market price and capital raising.

Just my 'lay' perspective which may be quite wrong.

regards

The Lab Rat

TGO
01-07-2014, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the break Gree:)), also try GoW, for myself only 👍👍 than....

larrydavid
01-07-2014, 05:49 AM
IMO, this was an accidental break in the game and thus has no influence on future. I.e. Gree effed up on energy initially making it easy for a lot of people to finish 6 days early.

Acadian
01-07-2014, 06:22 AM
low energy per mob error and thus fell behind the players that were able to take advantage of them, would be nice for gree to maybe give players that didnt finish some gems.

Tojo
01-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Not sure rewarding players who weren't
On is a good idea. Those that took the
Effort to set their timers every 5 min
May have finished and may not but those
Who didn't show up chose not to

larrydavid
01-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Yet again proving how full of crap Gree is.

"Sure we will change war rewards"

"We will never change a quest or rewards again in the middle of an event".

"Ok, we aren't making any money on this rb, add a boost."

"We are never changing the xp on a LTQS again."

"Ok, let's change the energy and xp on the ltq"

Chief Ricci
01-15-2014, 12:08 PM
The break is nice