PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming War

dookie
01-08-2014, 07:02 AM
Anybody else think the rewards for the next war are poop? is it worth loosing yet another weekend stuck to your device? discuss lol

E-I
01-08-2014, 07:05 AM
Yeah. Raid boss is a more profitable investment now.

Quisp
01-08-2014, 07:06 AM
Yes the are the lowest level rewards to date. Must be a new strategy from gree, I wonder if the solo awards will be the same as last time or if the boost them a bunch to hope folks go for those.

alonibb
01-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Rank 50 or better are good units. The rest is crap compared to earlier wars and other guild events. Very strange strategy from Gree I must say...

dookie
01-08-2014, 07:28 AM
talking to quite a few people who are sitting this one out......

Person
01-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Only decent prize is first place. The 50 wins/56 streak prizes have to be amazing for me to be at my usual level of spending, if not at my usual level of participation

Vclone
01-08-2014, 08:44 AM
We're still going to earn our crap. I predict that the wins and streak rewards will be great.

KM KAge
01-08-2014, 10:56 AM
I suspect that many will still go for the wins despite the available rewards. Many say they will not, but the addiction to the thrill of the win, and the spirit of competition is too strong.

Person
01-08-2014, 11:06 AM
I suspect that many will still go for the wins despite the available rewards. Many say they will not, but the addiction to the thrill of the win, and the spirit of competition is too strong.

aye, playing DR showed me again how incredibly boring wars are without the win/streak element, and how much i actually enjoy Splinter wars :)

collage
01-08-2014, 12:51 PM
We're still going to earn our crap. I predict that the wins and streak rewards will be great.

Don't be silly, the boosts associated with the streak rewards have been getting weaker each war. I would rather go for placing in the top 50 rather wins this time round.

BillyGates
01-08-2014, 01:00 PM
... how much i actually enjoy Splinter wars :)

You just like being a bully and beating up on the weak and poor... :)

Person
01-08-2014, 01:02 PM
You just like being a bully and beating up on the weak and poor... :)

pretty much, because when fighting top 25 guilds im usually the weak and poor one ;)

Shiloh
01-08-2014, 01:33 PM
The win streak and win quests are the single biggest flaw in the game, to emphasize them would be moronic. The individual rewards getting buffed however seems more likely, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Person
01-08-2014, 01:35 PM
The win streak and win quests are the single biggest flaw in the game, to emphasize them would be moronic. The individual rewards getting buffed however seems more likely, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

how are they a flaw? without them i would have quit months ago lol.

Jon G
01-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Great... Cause both will happen for me... If a power outage happens to everyone but me.

garen argon
01-08-2014, 06:58 PM
actually person, that is one reason i LIKE dr...err law. No one can be so incredibly unbeatable after one war...

as for KA, the rewards are not awe inspiring that's for sure...good luck to all those streakers out there...haha.

dookie
01-08-2014, 11:25 PM
i cant be bothered, skipping this one all together....not worth the sideways stares from my wife

Person
01-09-2014, 02:47 AM
actually person, that is one reason i LIKE dr...err law. No one can be so incredibly unbeatable after one war...

as for KA, the rewards are not awe inspiring that's for sure...good luck to all those streakers out there...haha.

Well LaWs war rewards are very useless to top players, but that's a discussion for a different forum :)

Kidder
01-09-2014, 07:15 AM
Someone told me that both he strak and wins reward in CC this past were had no boost. Decent sized unit but no boost. Prediction of this weekend? We will see....

Shiloh
01-09-2014, 09:59 AM
how are they a flaw? without them i would have quit months ago lol.

Because YOU can take advantage of the flaw does not mean its enjoyable for this gaming community at large. We are a solid top 150 guild and never ever win more than 3 in a row, we never win 20 battles. Every streak and many if not most of our loses are to splinter guilds like yourselves. SOOOO, the only reward in the past for us has been the guild rewards, which as of this war have become krap.

G Teemo
01-09-2014, 10:01 AM
yeah, No good boosts.

Alexius
01-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Waaaaaaa waaaaa waaaaaa, I lost to a splinter guild. When it's cold do you complain to the sky or do you adapt by putting on a coat?

-H-
01-10-2014, 03:50 AM
i cant be bothered, skipping this one all together....not worth the sideways stares from my wife

Lmao.... Changed ur mind dookie??? ;)

Shiloh
01-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Waaaaaaa waaaaa waaaaaa, I lost to a splinter guild. When it's cold do you complain to the sky or do you adapt by putting on a coat?

What an interesting analogy. In your theory Gree would be god, creating the weather, Gree would also be the only merchant that sells the coats.

More slave minded mentality. In fact this game is a product, we are the consumers which means WE are the master not Gree. You can worship in a temple of GREE's construct if you like, but I will engage in negative feedback, which is the obligation of a proactive consumer, whenever I feel the need. Unfortunately Gree operates in a manner where the need arises so very often. Invested financially, and emotionally through friendships in our guild, I continue to be motivated.

Krayt
01-10-2014, 10:30 AM
Top 50 prize changed right before war starts, thanks Gree

dookie
01-13-2014, 03:06 AM
LOL H, shuttit and go catch your fainting kangaroos..........pmsl

Alexius
01-13-2014, 12:25 PM
What an interesting analogy. In your theory Gree would be god, creating the weather, Gree would also be the only merchant that sells the coats.

More slave minded mentality. In fact this game is a product, we are the consumers which means WE are the master not Gree. You can worship in a temple of GREE's construct if you like, but I will engage in negative feedback, which is the obligation of a proactive consumer, whenever I feel the need. Unfortunately Gree operates in a manner where the need arises so very often. Invested financially, and emotionally through friendships in our guild, I continue to be motivated.

Interesting viewpoint.....and a lot of assumptions in this post......Gree doesn't tell you how to align your guild. They changed the parameters of the game according to the feedback that was given. Your failure to adapt is not the fault of splinter guilds but of yourself. You choose to engage and consume this game flaws and all and willfully give gree your money in exchange for a product you're not happy with. Your mentality is that of a loser. Yeah I said it, loser. "Oh my, what do i do? Somebody needs to change this for me. I can't handle this." Now you can choose to be food for splinters or adapt, plain and simple or quit? That's always an option too, but being paired with someone that thrashes you because they prepared better is your own fault because you knew the terms just as much as they did and chose to do nothing and consequently, lost.

Shiloh
01-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Splinter guilds are for an elite class that does not include me, at 4 mil stats a splinter guild is not an option for me. They are only options for either heavy spenders or those fortunate enough to be gilded with very heavy spenders.'mits nut abut a refusal to adapt, it's about ability. More than that, even with my weak stats, my 2 accounts represent 2 of our guilds top 10 accounts, and I would not abandon my guildmates to focus on my personal gains.

Alexius
01-13-2014, 03:10 PM
It takes less than you think with careful planning and execution but you can take comfort in the fact that you are not abandoning your guild mates in pursuit of personal gain.

Shiloh
01-13-2014, 04:19 PM
It's not comfort, it's a pre meditated commitment. As for your assertion this can be done with my stats, why don't you diagram how that looks, I'm quite unconvinced that it's so, based solely on your unsupported assurances.

In the end, it's my belief that guilds were created to achieve some sort of social cohesion and benefit from working as a group. The splinter guilds are a manipulation of the system based on how Gree has morphed the reward system. I'm sure that thus system pencils out to more gem usage some he or Greed would ever have stuck with it. I'm also sure, your assertions not withstanding that splinter guilds only really pay off for the elites at the expense of everyone else.

Alexius
01-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Why would I diagram that for the world to see? :). Not everybody can do it and that's the fun part of the puzzle. You're right on about it benefiting the elites but it's the wrong kind of power that you speak of.

Wars were not created for any other purpose than to generate income. Period. Broadening the social aspect was a tool that they used to generate more cash flow, not the other way around.