PDA

View Full Version : New LTQ - EXP drowning much?

Lys
01-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Bug is now fixed. Thanks CJ for keeping us in the loop, and before you come in and post about it 'not being fixed,' read the below post made by CJ. Also, if it's not updating, wait a few minutes before relaunching Kingdom Age. That'll give it time to get the hotfix.

Proper xp is awarded on the new dataset that was pushed today; everyone close and reopen the app and things will go back to sanity.

Also, before anyone asks, we do not have the ability to roll back xp totals. I know, that is lame, but it is not something we can do (safely, without a bunch of other lame stuff happening).

taxman
01-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Passing on this one for sure

garen argon
01-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Hopefully the exp is fixed and time is added back to the event....

taxman
01-13-2014, 01:29 PM
WAIT for it

Lord Vyper
01-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Creeping Shadow: Beginners (5/5) 357xp each hit????

Hermes101
01-13-2014, 01:46 PM
XP gaining terrible, GREE what r u thinking?

patricia539
01-13-2014, 01:50 PM
XP gaining terrible, GREE what r u thinking?

Trying to fix stat inflation?

Shiloh
01-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Hopefully by tomorrow or the next day they will see this threads and fix it.

Schar
01-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Trying to fix stat inflation?In conjunction with locked guilds - force splinter guilds of minis to level up :o

Shluggy
01-13-2014, 02:07 PM
What the...... Ridiculous!

Voxker
01-13-2014, 02:10 PM
15/15 is 524 per hit lol

CJ54
01-13-2014, 02:12 PM
We're checking it out now.

Shluggy
01-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the fast response CJ54. Hope the outcome is favourable!

Zenobia
01-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Sounds like the programmers couldn't tell which box was XP and which was mob health. :rolleyes:

CJ, thank you for checking in, and quickly too! :)

Schar
01-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Hotfix is rolling now for the DR LTQ which had a similar problem; may see one here.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?80100-Hotfix-for-Plea-of-the-Undead-XP-incoming

CJ54
01-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Hotfix is rolling now for the DR LTQ which had a similar problem; may see one here.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?80100-Hotfix-for-Plea-of-the-Undead-XP-incoming

Different thing.

QA just ran through the LTQ steps (including the ones reported in here) and we're not seeing the vastly inflated XP, so this one is a bit of a puzzler. Still looking into it.

Lys
01-13-2014, 02:43 PM
We're checking it out now.
Thanks, CJ. Sent in a ticket as well, but nice to see you let us know it's being looked into. It's either the honor reward from the quest, or the energy cost + retaliation hit being used to compute EXP. It's not so hot either way right now though.

alonibb
01-13-2014, 02:49 PM
No right now its unplayable if you are not lvl 200.

CJ54
01-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Okay, I think we may have a lead on this. Still checking.

Ninjasasquatch
01-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Just take the XP! Leave it the way it is CJ!

mmalkove
01-13-2014, 02:59 PM
damn, I just started and leveled up! My whole guild will be skipping this until it is fixed. I wish I could get my level back now.

merlin490
01-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Beginner 5/5 gave me a total exp gain of over 12,500 ... This can't be right..

CJ54
01-13-2014, 03:39 PM
QA ran it down. Hotfix incoming.

Voxker
01-13-2014, 03:52 PM
QA ran it down. Hotfix incoming.

thank you cj c;

Mervic
01-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks for OP for realizing the xp mistake.

Valid or
01-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Do we need to deleat and reinstall?
9/15 still 151 exp a hit

Mervic
01-13-2014, 04:23 PM
No need to delete the game...once Gree sends out the hotfix, all you need is to login to game, or a quick game reboot.

Kidder
01-13-2014, 04:25 PM
It seems to me they want you to level up quickly. The more you level up the less cp you get from hits in war. Which means you have to hit more times during war to reach your point minimum for your guild. Which means more gem usage.

Easy fix. Start a new character. Wait.... They don't give you weapons, health regen, or energy recovery anymore. Don't worry. You will get 2% more honour from fights though!

tikilew
01-13-2014, 04:26 PM
please fix it soon Gree

BC MAULER
01-13-2014, 04:41 PM
This is a clear problem but CJ says they are fixing it so I applaud Gree for reading the forums and responding. Hope time will be added to make up for that lost waiting for this error to be corrected.
Now as for the matching equations for the war that just ended, I don't know why Gree doesn't want us to finish the streaks goals, but it was pretty obvious the fix was in on that. No way we kept getting a top 3 guild every time we hit battle 6/7 of our streak. Even with lag times calculated etc. pretty disheartening and we ended up holding back on gems because of it. Something to think about Gree.

Klassenr@hotmail.com
01-13-2014, 04:44 PM
I'd have to agree BC.. Matchups should be limited to within 50 spaces +/- of your current rank

Just to keep it equitable they could add essentially an 'if/then' line and if your current guilds total a/d is x percentage higher than the closest 50 then it expands to 100 +/- and so on until its a fair fight.. To be ranked around 95 and matched with top 3 is ridiculous.

Voxker
01-13-2014, 04:45 PM
I'd have to agree BC.. Matchups should be limited to within 50 spaces +/- of your current rank

i think youre in the wrong thread

Bilbo
01-13-2014, 04:51 PM
It seems to me they want you to level up quickly. The more you level up the less cp you get from hits in war. Which means you have to hit more times during war to reach your point minimum for your guild. Which means more gem usage.

Easy fix. Start a new character. Wait.... They don't give you weapons, health regen, or energy recovery anymore. Don't worry. You will get 2% more honour from fights though!

makes sense to me!!!

Klassenr@hotmail.com
01-13-2014, 04:58 PM
i think youre in the wrong thread

My apologies sir. I'll refrain from open discussion of ideas via replying to a previous posters comments in the future. Stay strictly focused on the OP everyone and don't allow converstaion to stray!!

CJ54
01-13-2014, 04:58 PM
Proper xp is awarded on the new dataset that was pushed today; everyone close and reopen the app and things will go back to sanity.

Also, before anyone asks, we do not have the ability to roll back xp totals. I know, that is lame, but it is not something we can do (safely, without a bunch of other lame stuff happening).

makes sense to me!!!

Exceeeeeept we said that it was accidental and just fixed it. It was just a bug.

Voxker
01-13-2014, 05:05 PM
My apologies sir. I'll refrain from open discussion of ideas via replying to a previous posters comments in the future. Stay strictly focused on the OP everyone and don't allow converstaion to stray!!

:/ its in the rules... dont want to seem like a d1ck but read them

sarcasm is overpowered though

ShagRanger
01-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks CJ for addressing us and this issue and getting it fixed very quickly.

Klassenr@hotmail.com
01-13-2014, 05:16 PM
:/ its in the rules... dont want to seem like a d1ck but read them

sarcasm is overpowered though

I said you are correct, and apologized for being a co-conspirator in hijacking the thread. Then reminded others about the rules of which you so eloquently reminded me. Not sure what else i can do to please you

Cynical Me
01-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the quick work CJ!

Lucky Day
01-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Aren't you doing the same thing Voxker by posting your smartass comment about rules and regulations? Seems a bit hypocritical.

Raistlin-MN
01-13-2014, 05:33 PM

Exceeeeeept we said that it was accidental and just fixed it. It was just a bug.

Maybe too late to consider now, but what about lowering the xp below the original standard? Probably easier and a lot less risky than a full on rollback

Shluggy
01-13-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm still seeing a lot of XP. Level 8/15 normal 117 XP per hit ??? It takes my mini 4 hits so that makes ermm a lot of XP!! Is this right? Am I asking too much??

Oh and yes I have restarted the app, hard closed, jumped up and down 7 times and sung a lullaby to my iPhone!

Perfuzzie
01-13-2014, 05:38 PM
its fixed now :)

Voxker
01-13-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm still seeing a lot of XP. Level 8/15 normal 117 XP per hit ??? It takes my mini 4 hits so that makes ermm a lot of XP!! Is this right? Am I asking too much??

Oh and yes I have restarted the app, hard closed, jumped up and down 7 times and sung a lullaby to my iPhone!

i had that too, resetting the app worked... not sure why yours isnt working

Just4fun
01-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Thanks CJ for getting this fix so fast

dpille
01-14-2014, 03:02 AM
How do you guys justify changing the rules midway through?

Seriously, this is an arbitrary game of numbers, there was nothing "wrong" with the way it was

Lys
01-14-2014, 10:57 AM

Seriously, this is an arbitrary game of numbers, there was nothing "wrong" with the way it was

Actually, yes, there was. If you were already level 200, then maybe you didn't see an issue with it. However, from what I understand, as I don't touch the beginner mode, each hit on 5/5 was 350 exp or so. At lower levels, 350 exp will level someone in a few hits. Plus, if you stopped and looked at the last LTQ that used this formula (Normal - 15 i / 10 g + Heroic 20 i / 15 g) the EXP last time was what it now is after adjustments were made. While they might like to see the mini accounts brought up to the same level as everyone else, an LTQ that would level them 25+ times is a bit too far from the curve of things.

Voxker
01-14-2014, 11:22 AM

would you rather get 17 exp per hit or 500?

senna
01-14-2014, 12:59 PM

Won't bother arguing with a noob.

Shiloh
01-14-2014, 01:11 PM

Unfortunately, in this game XP is a penalty and forces players to play in a manner that is counter intuitive.

dpille
01-14-2014, 07:03 PM
So let's see:

1) It doesn't match up with earlier quests. Fine, but quests/units/benefits have been changing across time anyway, and this doesn't address the disparate treatment between someone who started on release and someone starting now. Moreover, saying it was adjusted last time does nothing to justify previous adjustment.

2) "Would I rather...." Well, I'd rather they change my last scratch-off award to a 10M/10M unit. I'd rather everything be set up so I do better than everyone else. So I guess if either of these changes were made, it'd be justifiable?

3) Thanks for the condescension, jerk. I'm not sure how asking why it's okay to change the rules midway through says anything about my level of knowledge.

4) Shiloh at least said something true and non-jerky. But even if players want to avoid xp, why should that force a change to a quest _after_ it has been released?

I thought mine was a legitimate question and might generate a real answer...

Rocco69
01-14-2014, 07:28 PM
this wasn't really a change midway; its a case where the honor points award for completing the quest instead became the xp per hit - or something close to that; they sort of matched up while i was plowing through with my lvl 200 toon where i dont care about XP -
changing the last quest where energy need was extremely low to hit but the kickback was crazy - that felt more like a unfair change mid quest - they waited a whole day to do it & the reasoning was crap

KenjoMegi1
01-15-2014, 10:23 PM
now I am of course thankful the problem was fixed, I only gained two levels because of the massive xp but a few of my guild members didn't even realize the crazy jump of levels, one jumped 60+ levels and another jumped 40+ levels. This is strenuous in my guild as they are now targets during war time just because they tried to do the event and didn't check with everyone in the guild before they did.
I also just got a guild request from someone who got dumped for the same mistake, lvled up to 110 but attack is only 90k and defense is only 100k, this n00b had no idea what they were doing and are now screwed and I recommended they quit delete their character and restart..... but income was 5000 which from the beginning takes a while to get to. Gree is there nothing that can be done for this crazy mis-hap?

alonibb
01-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Im not going to defend Gree here, but if you have played the game for a few weeks there is something wrong if you suddenly gain 60+ levels in a few hours and dont notice. I can understand new players dont have a clue, but hey.. they are new players and can start over without loosing more than a few days gameplay. It was very obvious for everyone who have played a while that this was an error, and thats what the guild chat is for. More experienced players inform the new ones about tips/trix/strategy/bugs etc.. You should have warned the new one about it. But of course the very best is if Gree runs this quests without bugs, but we all know that they never will.