PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Matching Changes!!!

SnapOpera
02-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Upcoming Matching Changes!
We are making a few modifications based on player feedback that we hope will improve future events and create a better experience for you all.

Guild matching: We are tweaking a few configurations with how guilds are matched. We expect these changes will achieve 2 goals: to create better matches and increase variety of the matches. Before, there were a few particularities with the algorithm that would occasionally result in very strong guilds being paired against very weak guilds, as well as some guilds battling the same rival guild over and over. We hope that our changes will create more fair fights as well as reduce the incidence of repeat matching.

While we can't reveal our "secret sauce" for matching guilds, we can say that this new system will take into account average guild strength, the number of guild members, and the number of event points your guild has earned, as well as a few other factors, and as always, some degree of randomness.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-20-2014, 05:10 PM
This is a big departure from the previous and I look forward to seeing how this goes. Probably a couple of tweaks required but looking forward to it.

Should be a good step forward after a few bumps.

Dredd JAG
02-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Thank you very much for posting the information before war.

Krayt
02-20-2014, 05:50 PM
So in other words more splinter vs splinter

Samskill
02-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Changes? That's how the matching should be written in the first place!
That is 14 wars of error we been thru.

KenjoMegi1
02-20-2014, 10:49 PM
will be nice to not get so many mini guilds that are super strong. I am a little worried but pretty excited to see the changes. Thank you for the heads up. :)
-Kenjo Megi
-Scions of Abaddon-

Flipcydesae
02-21-2014, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

Scifiaddict
02-21-2014, 10:47 AM
This should be interesting.

CJ54
02-21-2014, 11:12 AM
We've got things set up to watch how the matchups go from here, and we'll additionally be monitoring forums and tickets for any feedback, so please let us know here how it works out for you.

Aronius
02-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Thanks CJ54... Love the sharktopus btw

Flipcydesae
02-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks CJ

Here's to a good War for everyone.

phopjon
02-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks CJ. Can I assume these are the same changes that were made in CC?

CJ54
02-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Thanks CJ. Can I assume these are the same changes that were made in CC?

Similar, yeah. The relative power levels are different in all the games, so they require a bit of tweaking individually.

Zenobia
02-21-2014, 11:59 AM
I for one am curious as to how this all plays out. People who are considering quitting - will most of them get reeled back in or will it be the final straw and they go? If the incredibly disappointing last Raid Boss wasn't the final straw for them already.

We need a popcorn-eating smilie lol.

BillyGates
02-21-2014, 12:44 PM
The 5% Casualty Reduction on the 56 consecs is reeling me back in!!! :confused:

Munseyspin
02-21-2014, 12:59 PM
First match up quick, hearing they are slow now.......

bird1992
02-21-2014, 01:05 PM
yes very slow 15 + mins

The red Baron
02-21-2014, 01:36 PM
The time for matching is too long

Zenobia
02-21-2014, 01:40 PM

LMFAO. That was a knee-slapper!

NinjaHonu
02-21-2014, 01:44 PM
this is RIDICULOUS! WTF IS GOING ON? Matching taking 15+ minutes? I am in both a splinter and a 40+ man guild. I've been waiting 10 minutes for one and 15+ minutes for the other. Something is clearly wrong..... take out the "secret sauce" because it clearly doesn't work.

Munseyspin
02-21-2014, 02:33 PM
So we've posted as you asked. It's definitely slower; 10-15 mins plus, are you in fact monitoring this?

The red Baron
02-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Three matches al about 10 min, sucks

CJ54
02-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Yeah, we're looking into that right now.

almarro1
02-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Seriously, is it so complicated to limit the match time to, eg, 5 mins? sometimes it is better to get a top3 than lose hours waiting for a match

NinjaHonu
02-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Seriously, is it so complicated to limit the match time to, eg, 5 mins? sometimes it is better to get a top3 than lose hours waiting for a match

Whoa whoa.... calm down there.. I will wait 10 minutes if i am 100% guaranteed NOT to get top3.

NinjaHonu
02-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Yeah, we're looking into that right now.

Can you look into the 56 streak unit bonus. That MUST BE a typo. Almost everyone has 100% indestructible army... why would the hardest thing to achieve in the game for all guilds (except RK) have a 5% casualty decrease boost?

The red Baron
02-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Yes the bonus is a joke, if we would have the list of prices in advance, there could be a discussion about, change it during war has alltimes a bad taste, we claimed it in the past. But today i would change.

LordIndy
02-21-2014, 03:37 PM
We usually get matched very quickly, but the matchups are definitely taking longer. However, we have had very even matchups so far. I will take waiting longer for a decent matchup versus splinter after splinter. The streak teams won't like it, but we are definitely liking it.

I will reserve starting the Kudos thread until I am sure it doesn't get more special sauce.

Tigertiger55
02-21-2014, 04:11 PM
I genuinely thought this was a joke. Sry BG

Zenobia
02-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Whoa whoa.... calm down there.. I will wait 10 minutes if i am 100% guaranteed NOT to get top3.

Hear, hear!

We had more or less even matches our first 4. Now we are matched with... RK... AND SB! Yes indeed as if multiples of each of those two guild families weren't bad enough to have to face, now they have spawned an unholy love child! lol.

I haven't added it up but their average and their total strength must be at least 3x ours. Seems fair to me. [/sarcasm]

Lys
02-21-2014, 04:13 PM
Can you look into the 56 streak unit bonus. That MUST BE a typo. Almost everyone has 100% indestructible army... why would the hardest thing to achieve in the game for all guilds (except RK) have a 5% casualty decrease boost?

I'm now laughing my ass off at all those people who ninja'd out of their guild and into splinters right before war start time with this being the bonus. Suck it, people.

aephlux
02-21-2014, 04:19 PM
GREE, can you please change the reward for the streak prize? Its useless to many of the players as most have indestructible armies. At least change it to something we could all benefit :rolleyes:

Surtain
02-21-2014, 05:16 PM
These matches are so lopsided its ridiculous, We have now faced last 3 wars with teams 3x our strength before that we faced a one 12 million player by himself and our group adds up to 100 million or close to. Is this what is called better matching!!!!

Bought Gems before the war i doubt I get to use them, and maybe not at all as I believe Game of War will get my money from now on! This is absurd and the fight has been taken out of me by Gree for the last time!

Wait times, Ugh
Matchups, Ugh
Gem Spending, No More!

Tojo
02-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Cj. Doesn't using points earned defeat
the guy who uses gems in an even match
to gain and advantage. Next battle those
Spent gems punish you. Out guild has
Just experienced this first hand. Txs

Surtain
02-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Im sorry but everyone griping about this 56 Win unit!

Does this not tell you all the thought process that goes into planning these events!! Give me a break! Gree should have purchased a more simpler game to control like Bingo or Checkers!

Zenobia
02-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Update! There are at least 2 unholy love children of RK and SB. All of them have the strength of RK or SB. To call one of them an appropriate match for us is ludicrous. To give us two of them in 3 hours is sucking the last ounce of fun that was left in this game out of it.

And warning to everyone else out there: we have now met Royal Samurai Knights 9 and Royal Samurai Knights 12. If there are indeed ≥12 of them, this game is dead. If matches are limited to 3 doesn't help if there are dozens of RK/SBs forced on Top 50+ teams, that to say are unwinnable is a gross understatement.

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
02-21-2014, 05:40 PM
We are matched against a very small team (streakers) with very high stats with our large guild. Matching system appears to be the same as before.

NinjaHonu
02-21-2014, 05:57 PM
any updates CJ? Will it be change this war or are we just going to have to roll with it? I rather be given an answer rather than speculate.

Handz SB
02-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Update! There are at least 2 unholy love children of RK and SB. All of them have the strength of RK or SB. To call one of them an appropriate match for us is ludicrous. To give us two of them in 3 hours is sucking the last ounce of fun that was left in this game out of it.

And warning to everyone else out there: we have now met Royal Samurai Knights 9 and Royal Samurai Knights 12. If there are indeed ≥12 of them, this game is dead. If matches are limited to 3 doesn't help if there are dozens of RK/SBs forced on Top 50+ teams, that to say are unwinnable is a gross understatement.

Actually we are about 30 deep so we will see you soon, and often. ;)

Zenobia
02-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Actually we are about 30 deep so we will see you soon, and often. ;)

Faaaaabulous lol.

ETA: Gree built the coffin for this game. But I must say this RK-SB forcing us all to face them a gazillion times per war? Final two nails in the coffin, man. Congrats - you guys are forcing out those who Gree couldn't quite finish off themselves. Job well done finishing off killing the game for everyone else. Thumbs up. I should say TWO thumbs up.

TFO Sir Skip
02-21-2014, 06:32 PM
We have had several matches now with all players but a level 10 or lower being 3 times our guild guardian. To say these are better or anything like that is a joke. The special sauce has turned... Time to throw it out

Krayt
02-21-2014, 06:43 PM
We have had several matches now with all players but a level 10 or lower being 3 times our guild guardian. To say these are better or anything like that is a joke. The special sauce has turned... Time to throw it out

My question to you is what the hell is the strength of your GG

TFO Sir Skip
02-21-2014, 06:47 PM
It's nothing overly large... 21 mil

Krayt
02-21-2014, 06:50 PM
For everyone complaining about match ups, how about we give it time to play out... Six wars doesn't a trend make.

Surtain
02-21-2014, 07:19 PM
RK #1 Guild matched against a Mini Splinter LOL

Zenobia
02-21-2014, 07:22 PM
On the subject of matching times, not bad for us. 8:20 into to war and we are nearly done with battle #8.

Alexius
02-21-2014, 07:36 PM
9 hours into war and just started battle 7. These wait times are ridiculous

Berneburg
02-21-2014, 07:42 PM
So far, we've been happy with the match-ups. Pairing a little slow, but nothing compared to what it has been in the past. Already fought Dragon Warriors and RK. But fought others that were cakewalks. If this plays out the same all weekend we'll love our matches-ups but the guilds ranked 50 and below won't be too happy.

Krayt
02-21-2014, 08:27 PM
The thing I find funny is everyone complains as soon as they draw RK. The top guilds have to draw someone. Take your lumps and move on, we did when we fought them the very first fight when they hung almost 3m on us. You get some good and some bad, that's why it's called war

Lys
02-21-2014, 08:47 PM
From what I've heard, you've got RSK 9 and RSK 12. Then RK and maybe SB is still out there as a contender. Dragon Warriors just finished with our first matchup of RSK 12, and although the score got pushed up to 1.2 million each, we managed to win against them. Not impossible, but they're out to win like we are. Solid group. Also, RSK 12 = RK 5, a lot of the same names were in there.

Tojo
02-21-2014, 09:14 PM
I'm our guardian at 8.7 mil. Not a ton
I know but the battle we are in now has
Similar number of members as so far
Their weakest is 17 mil. Something in
Calculation is off. Have had skewed battles
Before but never like this

Krayt
02-21-2014, 09:32 PM
There is a random bit to calculations.
Are you sure though 17m is their weakest?

NinjaHonu
02-21-2014, 09:33 PM
The thing I find funny is everyone complains as soon as they draw RK. The top guilds have to draw someone. Take your lumps and move on, we did when we fought them the very first fight when they hung almost 3m on us. You get some good and some bad, that's why it's called war

You will complain when you draw RK, SB, RSK12, RSK9 all in a row. It is possible since SB and RK are in bed together. They will not face each other. That means 4 of the top 10 guilds will never match. Royal Samurai Knights..... lol i just puked in my mouth. Pussssyy cats.

Tojo
02-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Krayt Just found one at 6.7 mil. That
Is the lowest we have found. 6.7 is our
2nd highest to me. Never had this in
Previous wars. Have had some really
Tough individuals but never the whole
Guild way out of our league.
Just waiting for this one to end :-(

One thing we did different this time
We had one player go gem crazy our
First 2 battles. Probably close to 4x
Our normal two battle points.

Krayt
02-21-2014, 10:48 PM
You get terrible match ups...
Last war we drew RK then RK5 (or whatever the strong one was) then SB then RK again.
It happens

Alexius
02-21-2014, 11:13 PM
I understand perfectly well that you may get impossible or near impossible matchups no matter what kind of guild make up you have but you shouldn't have the pairing times eliminating the possibility of you completing quests.

Munseyspin
02-21-2014, 11:46 PM
Not really enjoying spending 20-25% of time waiting for match ups. Will be lucky to get 50 match ups, let alone wins. Any new on the monitoring...........

Romel
02-22-2014, 12:19 AM
Matching times seems similar to last one. Match ups also similar. If they won't let you keep fighting the same guild over and over again, I don't mind waiting just that little while longer

marko101
02-22-2014, 12:32 AM
Come on gree what good is -5% casualty reduction??? 10% more rain for my farm would of been more useful!!!
Plus how do you even get 50 wins with 15 mins plus matchings

BillyGates
02-22-2014, 12:47 AM
I think the system is generally matching against similar strength totals of players in guilds...

Here's my problem though... although it all sounds good to match similar stength... why do I want to bother getting strong outside of war in quests, if I know in war I will just be matched against someone similar? Everyone in my guild is usually stronger than 90% on their Battle List... and enjoy's the benefit of being a bully over people of the same level... but in war it's all equal... and no longer 90%... currently in Top250 range of CP and faced a guild in the Top 25-50 CP range... sigh...

The red Baron
02-22-2014, 02:47 AM
Bad matches, a lot of splinters and top 25 for a top 300 team, worse than the old system.
Averagr stats and number of mrmbers is stupid as we faces two splinter with 6-7 lv 3 "players".
Increase the number and reduce the average stats and you get no cp against them

The red Baron
02-22-2014, 02:52 AM
Next Splinter, may be my last war

Palewood
02-22-2014, 04:52 AM
We have had a very fair and reasonable set of match ups so far - I would say the best for some time. No splinters, lots of guilds with similar stats, similar size and similar points to date - we have had a few very tough guilds but none where we haven't had at least a few scoring opportunities.

We have not had a single matchup where we had no scoring opportunities and that's a great change

Shazam
02-22-2014, 05:13 AM
How about match ups being limited to once only so no repeats? Would share the pain around more

Spazzer
02-22-2014, 06:13 AM
Decent matchups so far for our top 500 guild. We aren't that strong and many of us don't spend on gems anymore. Holy crap though some people on here just crack me up. Stop threatening to quit the game already and just do it. If its not fun, stop coming here and saying the same thing over and over again.

KM KAge
02-22-2014, 06:53 AM
Stop threatening to quit the game already and just do it. If its not fun, stop coming here and saying the same thing over and over again.
This is the best comment I have seen on this board in quite some time.

Krayt
02-22-2014, 08:09 AM
I think the system is generally matching against similar strength totals of players in guilds...

Here's my problem though... although it all sounds good to match similar stength... why do I want to bother getting strong outside of war in quests, if I know in war I will just be matched against someone similar? Everyone in my guild is usually stronger than 90% on their Battle List... and enjoy's the benefit of being a bully over people of the same level... but in war it's all equal... and no longer 90%... currently in Top250 range of CP and faced a guild in the Top 25-50 CP range... sigh...

Serious?
So you only want to face lesser opponents. Well then join a top 1250 guild. Otherwise, stop whining

LordIndy
02-22-2014, 08:25 AM
No more special sauce. Keep it the way it is. I beg and plead with you Gree to please leave it alone!

BillyGates
02-22-2014, 08:30 AM
Serious?
So you only want to face lesser opponents. Well then join a top 1250 guild. Otherwise, stop whining

I only want to face lesser opponents because me and my guild have put in the time to finish quests to get strong for war. Our stats are generally 100x our level... and there should be some benefit to having that. I'm sure all the people that are happy are no where near 100x level stats... also they're not the people that are gemming and keeping the lights on and servers running at Gree...

Essex Thunder
02-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Best matches we have ever had. The guilds we have faced so far have all been similar in strength and size. No complaints here.

Krayt
02-22-2014, 09:40 AM
I only want to face lesser opponents because me and my guild have put in the time to finish quests to get strong for war. Our stats are generally 100x our level... and there should be some benefit to having that. I'm sure all the people that are happy are no where near 100x level stats... also they're not the people that are gemming and keeping the lights on and servers running at Gree...

You formed a splinter with all good stats, so why should you benefit from constantly facing lesser opponents. Not sure how many members you ended up having but I told you 25 or more would make you face top guilds.

I am 100x my level and I am happy because I enjoy war with my guild. We get good and bad match ups but you HAVE to expect that. Hoping you will always face weak opponents is only lying to yourself.

Shadows
02-22-2014, 09:42 AM
also they're not the people that are gemming and keeping the lights on and servers running at Gree...

Careful... you're getting awfully close to that elitist view that the top guilds were always accused of-- Asking Gree to do things their way because they paid the most money so Gree should cater to their whims....

Of course, with a name like BillyGates.... ;-)

Alexius
02-22-2014, 11:35 AM
You guys are missing the bigger issue. The issue is that in 24 hours of continuous declares and battles we were able to ccomplete 19 wars. That's 5 battles lost every day. It's complete and utter BS to have wait times of 15 minutes every battle.

E-I
02-22-2014, 11:47 AM
I love the matches this time around. :) :) :) :) :) :)

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
02-22-2014, 11:53 AM
I think there is still something wrong with the matching system. We are a team of 43, all mid to high level players with decent stats from 4mil - 8mil in stats. We are currently matched against a team of 37 and about 30-32 players are all level one to three.

It looks like this team has found a work around in the matching system fix. We can't touch the other player stats and can not earn any CP points from all the level 1-3 players.

goowokji
02-22-2014, 12:02 PM
With the new changes and the time it takes for match ups this will be the end of splinter guilds during war. There just isn't enough time to make up for losses when your going for 56 win streak.

Mathew
02-22-2014, 12:41 PM
We are a top 750 guild, just outside top 500. Some of us use gems, most do not. I think this is the best algorithm so far for us.

Alexius
02-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Who you match up with, whatever. Somebody has to face them and you'll have to beat tough opponents if you want good prizes. Gree, if you want to have ridiculous wait times at least make the streak prize attainable. Maybe 50 wins in a row? It's ridiculous when a team can go 55-0 and have declared or been battling every second of war but still won't complete heroic...

Krayt
02-22-2014, 01:12 PM
I think there is still something wrong with the matching system. We are a team of 43, all mid to high level players with decent stats from 4mil - 8mil in stats. We are currently matched against a team of 37 and about 30-32 players are all level one to three.

It looks like this team has found a work around in the matching system fix. We can't touch the other player stats and can not earn any CP points from all the level 1-3 players.

Where to begin....
4-8m in stats is good is are level 60 or under.
The guild you are fighting set up this way for that reason. You counter it by constantly hitting the low levels. Not much CP but keep hitting if you want to win. Guilds try to create ways to win when setting up their guild, so you need to find ways to beat them or just chalk it up as a lose and move on

Krayt
02-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Who you match up with, whatever. Somebody has to face them and you'll have to beat tough opponents if you want good prizes. Gree, if you want to have ridiculous wait times at least make the streak prize attainable. Maybe 50 wins in a row? It's ridiculous when a team can go 55-0 and have declared or been battling every second of war but still won't complete heroic...

We get it, you don't like to wait...
Since you say you will be 55-0 I gather you are a splinter. Being in a normal guild we are not waiting 15 minutes.

If you haven't noticed, Gree is doing little things to go against splinters. Splinters just don't like it

Alexius
02-22-2014, 01:55 PM
We get it, you don't like to wait...
Since you say you will be 55-0 I gather you are a splinter. Being in a normal guild we are not waiting 15 minutes.

If you haven't noticed, Gree is doing little things to go against splinters. Splinters just don't like it

And by normal guilds you mean the ones filled with 50 people? 30 people? 20 people? What constitutes a "normal" guild? I've noticed that gree is doing a lot of things that nobody likes. Why, in a capitalistic industry, would a company encourage less spending? It doesn't make any business sense. They'd lose a ton of money if splinter players formed "normal" guilds and scored like "normal" people, 20-60k.

BillyGates
02-22-2014, 02:02 PM
Normal Guild = Always together... 25% Active, 50% Semi-Active, 25% Inactive
Active Guild (Top25 Guild) = Always together... 100% Active
Splinter Guild = 100% Active... sometimes from multiple Top200 Guilds

it's in the Gree FAQ :)

Krayt
02-22-2014, 02:09 PM
Really you need clarification between normal and splinter...
Billy, as for your percentages, well they are off. Unless you not inside the top 100.
As for doing things nobody likes, how do you say everybody? There are thousands of players, you talk to them all?

Alexius
02-22-2014, 02:20 PM
Really you need clarification between normal and splinter...
Billy, as for your percentages, well they are off. Unless you not inside the top 100.
As for doing things nobody likes, how do you say everybody? There are thousands of players, you talk to them all?

Yes I think it's BS that small guilds are considered abnormal. The entire thought process behind it is skewed and in favor of what? Large guilds that are less active and consequently have poorer stats? GTFOH. If you want to find things that people don't like about what gree is doing, scroll back a few pages. Or stay on this one. Either way it goes you can cough and make top 500 now that there are fewer people actually playing the game.

Krayt
02-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Smaller is abnormal because it was not Gree's intention.
As for people not liking what Gree does, I know they don't. But to say everyone is stretching it. I know a lot of players that aren't even in these forums or left them

BillyGates
02-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Actually I think the management at Gree thinks the userbase of KA is increasing because of the large number of new 'players' that installed KA recently... (but didn't notice they only stayed at level 2 or 3)...

Jerle
02-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Small guilds are fine. Really small but powerful guilds are harder to find appropriate matches for though.

Krayt
02-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Small guilds are fine. Really small but powerful guilds are harder to find appropriate matches for though.

That's thing, they don't want appropriate they want to crush all they meet

BillyGates
02-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Don't we all?

Krissy
02-22-2014, 04:33 PM
This war is awesome. We have only matched with normal guilds. Thanks gree. For 50 person guilds filled with a mix of high and low levels and varying activities you have made war fun again

Krayt
02-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Don't we all?

No I want appropriate. When we draw RK, we use that hour to regroup.
When I splintered in the past the challenging matches were fun.
Walking over everyone is not fun.

rarhead
02-22-2014, 05:00 PM
In my opinion this has been one of the most enjoyable wars. We have faced more powerful guilds but have not been paired with any of those small splinter guilds where none of our 46 could beat their weakest. Thanks for the changes!

LordIndy
02-22-2014, 06:35 PM
No more special sauce. Keep it the way it is. I beg and plead with you Gree to please leave it alone!

No more special sauce!

Krissy
02-22-2014, 07:47 PM
It's perfect now

Krayt
02-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Every time there is so much complaining...

Why not give feedback at least instead of just being negative

NinjaHonu
02-22-2014, 11:24 PM
Every time there is so much complaining...

Why not give feedback at least instead of just being negative

We are giving feedback. Waiting 15+ minutes suck a$$.

NinjaHonu
02-22-2014, 11:28 PM
Every war I have splintered we have tough matchups. Same with "normal" guilds. Splinters face RK and top10 as well. We also face all the strong FUN splinters. We just don't come on here complaining about it. But we do come on here and complain about waiting 20 f'n minutes for a match up. So shut the splinter vs normal BS already. Just match us. FFS.

Krayt
02-23-2014, 04:36 AM
Ten minutes is longest we wait...
So it seems only splinters have the extra long wait

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-23-2014, 05:09 AM
The changes sound very good.

If the splinters wait a long time, then form a real Guild again. You have caused your own wait time by changing your guild.

If the real guilds are facing their own, that's even better.

Real guilds are the teams that need to be looked after here not the other way around. Splinters get what they get.

Mathew
02-23-2014, 05:45 AM
Has anyone else noticed that this war it seems that allys count for more than level when it comes to the number of points you receive after attacking ?

Krayt
02-23-2014, 06:59 AM
Has anyone else noticed that this war it seems that allys count for more than level when it comes to the number of points you receive after attacking ?

Nope.........

BillyGates
02-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Let us know the day someone figures out the "Special Sauce" for CP calculation... other than a large random variation... LOL

bumpyfunk
02-23-2014, 09:11 AM
CJ...all much more consistent so far, thanks!!

Only minor glitch....one member had the old war show up for 15 minutes after it ended. May not be related........

Jomama1
02-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Love the new matching system - thank you Gree!!!!

marko101
02-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Splinter guilds arnt real??? That's a strange concept!! From what I know they spend more then top 50 guilds do but thanks too gree they won't much longer

The changes sound very good.

If the splinters wait a long time, then form a real Guild again. You have caused your own wait time by changing your guild.

If the real guilds are facing their own, that's even better.

Real guilds are the teams that need to be looked after here not the other way around. Splinters get what they get.

Lys
02-23-2014, 10:26 AM
wah wah wah?

So you've got longer wait times and are facing other splinters instead of guilds you can roll over without attacking? Cry me a river, kid.

Also, you know what I like to do when our 'normal' structured guild meets a splinter? I like to see us out-gem them and utterly CRUSH their hopes at getting a 56 win streak. I relish in their misery and anguish as they stand there, looking at their shattered hopes, dreams, and all that wasted cash. I ENJOY it.

Pray our guilds never meet, as I will take particular love in destroying your splinter's chance.

Splinter guilds arnt real??? That's a strange concept!! From what I know they spend more then top 50 guilds do but thanks too gree they won't much longer

marko101
02-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Wow you don't sound at all sore!!! I'm guessing you've neaver even made 50 wins.

wah wah wah?

So you've got longer wait times and are facing other splinters instead of guilds you can roll over without attacking? Cry me a river, kid.

Also, you know what I like to do when our 'normal' structured guild meets a splinter? I like to see us out-gem them and utterly CRUSH their hopes at getting a 56 win streak. I relish in their misery and anguish as they stand there, looking at their shattered hopes, dreams, and all that wasted cash. I ENJOY it.

Pray our guilds never meet, as I will take particular love in destroying your splinter's chance.

Gaming For Life
02-23-2014, 11:09 AM
The new matching system seems to be working. hopefully it will stay that way.

Alexius
02-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Okay Lys........

Lys
02-23-2014, 12:18 PM
More like this whole thread seems to be centered around splinters complaining, while everyone else appears to be happy with the changes. As for the 50 wins, being part of a Top 10 guild it was nigh impossible until last war due to meeting RK/SB/FUN too many times, or wasting a lot of time avoiding them. Got 50 wins last war, currently 40-4 this war. So, that point is moot.

Also, I'm an *******, so I'm taking particular delight in rubbing salt in the splinter's wounds. Gotta work for those streaks now, instead of getting them simply by sitting back as people learn that they can't touch a member of a splinter.

Wow you don't sound at all sore!!! I'm guessing you've neaver even made 50 wins.

PedroPimples
02-23-2014, 12:41 PM
They always have to work for them. They aren't asking for easy matchups where people roll over, they are just asking for matchups. They are fine with being matched against other splinters and high ranked teams, as long as they aren't waiting 15-20 minutes every single time. Most good splinter teams will outspend people in the top10 each war. Be careful what you wish for, because when the splinters join together for what you class as a normal guild it's people like you who will be getting pushed out of the top10.

Flipcydesae
02-23-2014, 01:53 PM
People in my guild are claiming they are getting more CPs when they face someone closer in level to them as opposed to the highest level they can beat. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Flipcydesae
02-23-2014, 01:56 PM
Also other than the first day where we were facing Top 25s being a Top 200 from Saturday on all the matchups have been even. We don't blow people out and it's come down to the wire each War. Love the new algorithm where we actually have a shot at winning each time. Haven't had a matchup where no one could even touch their weakest member since Friday. Thanks GREE!

LordIndy
02-23-2014, 02:25 PM

It seems that way to us too. We were talking about it. Unfortunately, I've been far too busy to do any actual calculations.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-23-2014, 02:32 PM
......Be careful what you wish for, because when the splinters join together for what you class as a normal guild it's people like you who will be getting pushed out of the top10.

That's what they should now be doing, or should have done already. They have chosen the easiest path.

They wouldn't be in splinters if it was more difficult for them?

If they choose to stay as small splinters then that's their choice, I'm fine with that also, but they now understand that it's not the easy road it once was.

And yes, it was a very easy road and very cheap when its done properly.

Leave a sleeper in the main guild and when the war is done move back and do the GLTQ's together then splinter again for war.

If Gree wanted this they would accommodate it. I don't think they do by what is happening.

If a splinter group has to wait longer for a splinter pairing then that's now the group they are in and they must understand that. If they want quicker pairings then join the masses.

We saw this coming and stopped, knowing it would have to come to an end.

If you think the wait times are long this war for splinters, you might find they are even longer next war when the splinters start to head back into full guilds and your matchings are even fewer. ("be careful what you wish for")

If they take a top 10 position or better then that's great. No one has any issue whatsoever with full teams having a good placing. After all, isn't what war is about.

Well done Gree on a good change to restore what was always intended. While there may have been bumps it will be adjusted over time.

Elendar
02-23-2014, 04:50 PM
We love the new matching system. We have always had a chance in the matches so far. We didn't always win, but never had to just throw up our hands and take a nap.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Now all they need to do is push the points up for a hit on very LLP's and bingo, that will smash splinters completely.

Aronius
02-23-2014, 05:52 PM
All of our matches have been fair... We managed to go 17-0 so far with mostly very close maches... We had only one rematch.. A friend of mine that split off to go for streaks is having a very tough time this war...
I love the new system

garen argon
02-23-2014, 10:44 PM
we increased our guild from the low 20's to high 30's and still got a ton of streak guilds...brutal matchups. Hope to never see cupids lullaby ever again...third time this war...

alonibb
02-23-2014, 11:16 PM
For us there is not much of a change with this new secret sauce. We havent got any splinters at all. Thats the only really change I see. We are almost only getting top 10-75 so every battle is all about who spend the most gems. We havent got a single easy battle this war. So I dont know.. Cant complain much, but we are still not able to manage more than 4 in a row even though we throw in a fair amount of gems in every single battle.

marko101
02-24-2014, 04:45 AM
Lol we don't splinter to spend less!! I've spent a lot more per war to get are 8 win streaks in a row!!! It's about getting a better prize then top 10-25 with equal spending. If gree don't fix this stupid matching will just join forces and hit top 25 for a lot less gems then wins!

PedroPimples
02-24-2014, 05:09 AM
Ok krayt keep telling yourself that.
Well for a start no one said all splinters spend more than everyone in the top 10 as you claimed, so there's a lie to start.
I never said all were strategic, I said 3 was and 3 wasn't, yet you claim I said all was. Another lie.
I have no feelings towards you except for the feeling you are a troll. I would have to care to have hate towards you and sadly you are not worth any of my feelings or thoughts.
Basically because it's been proven here that you are nothing more than a hot air blower, you have tried to pull up something from way back. Trying to change things around. Your a joke kid.
Now run back along to your weak sailor boys and get yourself your 25k and let the big boys talk sense.

Mathew
02-24-2014, 08:18 AM
I think this was a very good thread started by gree. Not only did they tell us before hand what they were planning to do, they also asked us to give them our opinions about these changes, i e they listen to us and what we think. Therefor I think it's a sad thing when some people hijack the thread and start a personal vendetta. You can do this in another thread.

Fromm
02-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Holy Hijacked Post !!

We have been getting a mix of match-ups. Most have been very close to our CP range though, so I can't say if it is any better or not. We have had about the same # of unbeatable teams this war as we have in the others.

Lord Vyper
02-24-2014, 09:26 AM
We had the best matchups since a long time this war. Yes, we met RK and RSK and SB but that's ok, we have targets even if we can not win. We are top 50 so it's fair to met them from time to time. Matching time was ok, most of the time faster than 5 min, longest 10 min. Not a single splinter so far...
And yes, I like the price for 56 wins :)

Jerle
02-24-2014, 10:27 AM
I removed most of the flame war.

Glad to see that response is generally positive to the change!

Zenobia
02-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Thanks for removing the flame war, Jerle. Now I will go back and read what is left and actually pertinent. :)

goowokji
02-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Hey Lys, is this the DW way? Nice to know every guild has one of these guys as long as you can pay the war gem fund and score the required CP, I guess your allowed to stay and be a spiteful member.

More like this whole thread seems to be centered around splinters complaining, while everyone else appears to be happy with the changes. As for the 50 wins, being part of a Top 10 guild it was nigh impossible until last war due to meeting RK/SB/FUN too many times, or wasting a lot of time avoiding them. Got 50 wins last war, currently 40-4 this war. So, that point is moot.

Also, I'm an *******, so I'm taking particular delight in rubbing salt in the splinter's wounds. Gotta work for those streaks now, instead of getting them simply by sitting back as people learn that they can't touch a member of a splinter.

saimer
02-24-2014, 11:37 AM
No comments on reasonable of matching, given the fact that we're matched to the guild GG's defensive matches 2/3 our total attack, only the matching time is killing the fights. We did back to back declare as last war, but last war we were able to have 69 battles, this time barely got 59, which leaves little margin for 50 wins. Thanks GREE, you did fabulous job so far to convince many stop spending on this game!

Krayt
02-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Glad to see that response is generally positive to the change!

Great match ups.
While it sucks facing RK three times it comes with the territory.
Funny then is we never got really weak teams compared to us until the end

Lys
02-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Nope, I'm just an a-hole to annoying, inssufferable whiners on the forum. That statement wasn't even meant for a generalization, just to one or two people who were coming off as if it was their god-given right to be in a splinter and get matchups that they could just sit back and win. After some poor experience with splinters some wars ago, it's also nice to see the balance shifting back to where the 'average' guild stands a better chance at pairings for once, and splinters have to work a pinch more to get the same with their tight-knit groups rather than gain wins off of defense only.

As for the main topic of this thread, the matchup changes, it's been mostly positive comments about them. Ended up going 60-6, didn't have to really waste hours of hours waiting on TOP 3 to be matched, and had a blast once more. Excellent work, Jerle, it sounds like the only issue is that some reported long matchup times. Hopefully y'all can tweak that and keep improving on this formula, because it definitely works.

Hey Lys, is this the DW way? Nice to know every guild has one of these guys as long as you can pay the war gem fund and score the required CP, I guess your allowed to stay and be a spiteful member.

Krayt
02-24-2014, 12:37 PM
I think we waited ten minutes or just under.
So cutting that some but the rest the same would be good

Alexius
02-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Nope, I'm just an a-hole Summarized to remove all of the bs. The subject was declare times being unfair and how ridiculous it was to take away 25% of the war from people who pay the same as anyone else and expect the product everyone else is getting.

Jerle, you guys at gree have made your point. You don't like small guilds. Don't bother trying to win streaks because the prize at the end will be irrelevant and we will code it so that you can't complete that many wars to begin with. Go and join a guild where you don't have to contribute as much time wise or money wise and all will be right with you.

Shazam
02-24-2014, 02:05 PM
DW does not force donations or cp contribution. We do allow members freedom of speech.

You must be confusing us with SB lmao

Shazam
02-24-2014, 02:07 PM
And the new matching is much better for all including the many hard working splinters who still achieved the streak

NinjaHonu
02-24-2014, 02:14 PM
They always have to work for them. They aren't asking for easy matchups where people roll over, they are just asking for matchups. They are fine with being matched against other splinters and high ranked teams, as long as they aren't waiting 15-20 minutes every single time. Most good splinter teams will outspend people in the top10 each war. Be careful what you wish for, because when the splinters join together for what you class as a normal guild it's people like you who will be getting pushed out of the top10.

hammer... nail..... hit the nail on the head.

Artorius
02-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Well speaking for my guild although match ups took a while we were really happy with how this war panned out.
Really fair match ups from start to finish, no campers no crazy stats 1 or 2 player guilds. No having to settle for wall or castle. All in all much more fun and we all really enjoyed this war. I dare say some will have had different treatment but on behalf of Old Git's you got this bang on so well done GREE, massive improvement.

Vclone
02-24-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm late to this discussion, but I think that the new matching system was great. Our guild of 54 did not meet any splinters and we were matched somewhat fairly with other guilds. Our Top 25 guild met many for the Top 10 plus the Top 3. We also met many from the Top 75. Thank your for making this work.

Bohemian
02-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Average guild strength, haha at last. N u add it with guild members factor perfect. Good job Gree.

I see many positive respond from full guild, n whining from small/splinter guild (lol).
I wouldn't worry about that. They are a cheater/fraud in unperfect system.
They will adapt.
(To Gree: take off the bonus / put junk bonus in 56 win will be more perfect, hahaha)

Wish all who still play to have fun n more fair gaming experience.
N bye MoC.

KenjoMegi1
02-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Best war EVER!!!!!
Thank you
-Kenjo Megi
-Scions of Abaddon-

PedroPimples
02-24-2014, 09:30 PM
Average guild strength, haha at last. N u add it with guild members factor perfect. Good job Gree.

I see many positive respond from full guild, n whining from small/splinter guild (lol).
I wouldn't worry about that. They are a cheater/fraud in unperfect system.
They will adapt.
(To Gree: take off the bonus / put junk bonus in 56 win will be more perfect, hahaha)

Wish all who still play to have fun n more fair gaming experience.
N bye MoC.

Cheaters and frauds? Be more worried about your own energy glitching which is done by the majority of players now, which actually is cheating than high spending small teams.
And again, the splinter teams are not complaining about matchup changes, we are fine with that, it's only wait times that are an issue. Give us the same waits as others is all we ask.
You sound like someone butthurt at being beat by the splinters to often.

Seeds
02-25-2014, 04:15 AM
DW does not force donations or cp contribution. We do allow members freedom of speech.

You must be confusing us with SB lmao

That is very true. I was with DW1 for a short while and they are a very cool bunch of tight knit folks. However, to be in a top 10 guild, everyone needs help out to chip in a fairly high CP score (at the very minimal, 100k sounds reasonable?) unless you like to carry the weight of your guild. I left because long time members seem to have preferential immunity with consistent low CP score. Or at least till a time when realisation sets in that they cannot compete at the highest level and decide to move on to a sister guild that has lesser requirements.