PDA

View Full Version : Murder of Crows is flying away from KA.

Zenobia
02-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Murder of Crows, one of those guilds everyone either loves or loves to hate, is retiring from KA. As of now, the end of this war. Most of my officers and many of our players are retiring from the game as well.

Myself included.

I was going to type up a list of grievances, the things that KA got wrong from the start and refused to correct in the last year, the things they got right at some point then went astray. But I've already done that over the course of the last year, along with praising the things Gree did get right, and suggesting solutions to problems (e.g. if people have to create minis to compensate for Gree punishing players for leveling, the solution is not to kill the mini but to empower the HLP, so that we all want to level). So I will not be listing it all. I will spare my haters that list, lol.

It really can be said succinctly: we are all leaving the game because it is not fun for any of us any more.

Many of us held onto the game past it's personal expiration date, because we stubbornly refused to let each other down. But we realized we can still be there for each other outside this particular game. We just found a new one that has promise. But if that doesn't pan out, just as the one everyone was talking about recently not did not pan out for most of us, then we will find another. We are thrilled to not only stay together, but be reunited with some of the ghosts of Crowstmas past who were a little ahead of their time and retired long before now. We hope everyone who ever was a Crow or wanted to be one join our MoC Party Room in GroupMe. Just to chat.

This was not an easy decision to make. I have not only been with this guild for a year, since long before the first war, but I have been the shepherd of this guild for the last 5 months, following the greats Big Wheezy and Skyraiders. It seems an anathema to choose to no longer tend my flock. But when the pen (Gree) that holds the flock is full of disease, is it best for the shepherd to stay and nurse them as they each slowly wither and die? Or to open the pen and set them free? I chose the latter. I am doing what I truly feel is the most appropriate exit for the guild, and the best path forward for everyone who has ever been in it, and proud of that fact. I do this will the full support of my officers.

A few of our members are not ready to retire. I will be staying in the game until I help every one of them find the right new home based on their goals going forward. I hope you all will welcome them and make them feel at home.

Murder of Crows, the KA guild, is no more. But Murder of Crows, the family, lives on. CAW!

phopjon
02-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Good luck to all of you.

Zenobia
02-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Thank you for the well wishes, phopjon. :)

KM KAge
02-24-2014, 12:11 PM
Best of luck to Zen and the rest. You will be missed.
Take care of yourselves.

Krayt
02-24-2014, 12:16 PM
You were fun to play with.
TSS enjoyed our battle with you this war.
You all will be missed

If any players are staying, may I be the first to say TSS is open to taking some members

Sgt Maj
02-24-2014, 12:19 PM
That is too bad. I always found your members to be extremely helpful and fun to interact with.

Cola3
02-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Thanks Zenobia!! Yes, finally free from this game and unto another. For those who don't know I am CHUPS, an original member of MoC. I made this name/reregister because I have been banned here several times. I was once a member of both Forum Knights and Royal Knights as an alliance. No hard feelings....and goodbye to all

My retired stats:

LEVEL 177
Attack: 32.82M
Defense: 32.36M

rsd007
02-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Bye bye CJ

5paynes
02-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Which game are you going to? If you don't mind my asking. I've read of others going to a different game, and no one states which game. I'm interested in new game(s) as well.

Thanks!
DeiKill

s.m.p
02-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Sorry to hear one of most famoso guild is leaving. Best wishes to everyone

Cola3
02-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Which game are you going to? If you don't mind my asking. I've read of others going to a different game, and no one states which game. I'm interested in new game(s) as well.

Thanks!
DeiKill

If you don't know....1 mention of another game...even it's initials is an automatic bannage from CJ.

Person
02-24-2014, 01:34 PM
If you don't know....1 mention of another game...even it's initials is an automatic bannage from CJ.

do we care? looking at CJ's name oddly is automatic bannage from CJ

Artorius
02-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Zenobia, loved your posts, always a joy to read as are most Crows posts. There will be lots like me who you don't know but will now feel a void on here that will be difficult to fill. Good luck where ever you guys go and enjoy gaming.

NinjaHonu
02-24-2014, 02:31 PM
no more MoC? :( This forum already sucks! with no more MoC support this forum is practically dead. SOB! I wish all the crows well! I'll will PM you later lady Z ;). I'm glad I got to battle with you at least once. All MoC will be missed around these forums. And RSD that is a BAMF bot! Loved it! Take it easy crows!

dennis25977
02-24-2014, 02:32 PM
I never post in here...but for this I HAVE to make an exception....I am very sad to see MoC go away...Good luck in real life to all of you...and a special Thank You to Zenobia and RsD for all the help that you have given to me and my fellow guild mates and friends....your presence will be sorely missed in the Kingdom Age community.

Fredcole
02-24-2014, 03:12 PM
RIP Moc. I dont know many of you from the game and have probably had some discussioins with you in this forum, but im sad to see you go. Good luck in your future quest.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-24-2014, 03:17 PM
I always thought they were one of the better groups and some of the best posters in particular the OP.

Very well done to all and a difficult yet great decision.

Fly away free of the burden now.

Zenobia
02-24-2014, 03:20 PM
no more MoC? :( This forum already sucks! with no more MoC support this forum is practically dead. SOB! I wish all the crows well! I'll will PM you later lady Z ;). I'm glad I got to battle with you at least once. All MoC will be missed around these forums. And RSD that is a BAMF bot! Loved it! Take it easy crows!

I really enjoyed fighting with you and the rest of the Mullet Mercenaries the war before this last, and getting the only 56-streak I won in KA. :)

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Zenobia
02-24-2014, 03:24 PM
I always thought they were one of the better groups and some of the best posers in particular the OP.

Very well done to all and a difficult yet great decision.

Fly away free of the burden now.
I hope that was a typo and you meant posters not posers. If so, thank you very much. If not, I poop on you as I fly away! :p lol

person123
02-24-2014, 03:26 PM
I will miss you Zenobia and the rest of you. Even though I never really knew you, like others said, you brought life to this forum. Without you it will be really boring here. Also, clear out your messages ;)

Zenobia
02-24-2014, 03:27 PM
I will miss you Zenobia and the rest of you. Even though I never really knew you, like others said, you brought life to this forum. Without you it will be really boring here. Also, clear out your messages ;)

Did it already 10 minutes ago, when I saw my box was full. ;) Thanks.

LordIndy
02-24-2014, 03:31 PM
The game will be much less interesting without the crows. Some of them will still be around and hopefully will keep their spirit. The original leader of the crows was a very bright person who foresaw many of the issues in the game that have lead to these retirements from some of the top guilds. I hope the ones who are left find a happy place in this game and the ones flying away find a happy place elsewhere. Despite butting heads on a few occasions, I have always respected you and consider you friends. Best wishes to you all.

Regards...Indy (formerly Sir Mike MOC)

E-I
02-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Sorry to see you guys closing down. Its a downright shame. Good luck in life and enjoy the extra free time!

Vclone
02-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Enjoy your post KA life. I hope to be able to retire in style like you guys. You will be greatly missed on this forum.

Shluggy
02-24-2014, 05:37 PM
Omg. This is so sad. Hope you guys went out on a high!! So many people retiring. You guys were a guild I always admired for your passion and what seemed like such a family orientated guild. I respected your views here on the forum and sometimes even agreed with some of you lol. Zenobia, you were the first person to even acknowledge I existed here and I thank you for that. I wish you all the best in you real lives, from all of us at the PFJ. Goodnight MoC :-(

Shadows
02-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Damn :-( Really wish you guys would reconsider...

Although I was never in a high enough guild to fight you, I always enjoyed reading the posts of person, Zenobia, yes even Chups LOL and gotta admit, you guys always had one of the cooler guild icons in your signatures!

Best of luck in real life.. you all will be missed...

Krayt
02-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Enjoy your post KA life. I hope to be able to retire in style like you guys. You will be greatly missed on this forum.

HaHaHa...
We are never letting you retire. Get used to it

Krdeja
02-24-2014, 07:41 PM
I was happy and loved my time with crows in LaW!! Great group of people there and I'm sure the same goes for KA!!! The crows will be missed!

Guido69
02-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Zenobia :), I wish you and every MoC member I had the privilege to get to know a little better only the best for your gaming future and real life as well. And knowing us and the joy we find in social gaming I wouldn't be surprised to see you and others on some battle field again.

Thanks for everything :)

KenjoMegi1
02-24-2014, 09:01 PM
i find it hard to believe MoC is gone...... all the advice and guidance.
The guild will truly be missed. Thank you for letting us all know.
-Kenjo Megi
-Scions of Abaddon-

War Eagle
02-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Zenobia-- To bid farewell, I dug into the forum archives (circa Dec. 2012) to find this. Back in the days of BD10 runs... and the 330k vault.. I came online one day to find a young and up-and-coming Z frustrated about a repeat attacker:

Yeah, I will never ever even get BD8. Started a run again and the same guy took me for 100k again as soon as I was in the 400s. I will get nowhere as long as I have a stalker. :( :( :(

Wow.. I just came across this thread... saw your name... and realized you're talking about ME!

Ally request sent and your mercy would be greatly appreciated.

The full thread:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42867-Breeding-Dens-cost-of-upgrade-too-high&p=530534#post530534

Seems like ages have passed since then... You've long since eclipsed my stats. ;) Just goes to show... how far we've all come.

So from one longtime forum member to another... Best of luck in your future endeavors. Take care!

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-25-2014, 03:59 AM
I hope that was a typo and you meant posters not posers. If so, thank you very much. If not, I poop on you as I fly away! :p lol

Very sorry, that was a typo and I will edit it now.

Since I didn't check it properly, I still deserve to be pooped on as you fly off.

Enjoy your RL freedom.

larrydavid
02-25-2014, 04:20 AM
Keep it real homie. Hopefully see you on GM.

BATTLEAXE
02-25-2014, 08:20 PM
I have to say that it was a pleasure meeting up with MOC three times this war, even though you blasted by us in the last two minutes of the battle. From one long time player to another I feel your frustrations, HLP's are slowly being outnumbered by llps. Either you start another game or slowly become a dinosaur. The amount of money stuck into some of our players is highly ridiculous, and if Gree does not fix this situation soon, there will be mass exodus. As the starting over to keep up with the changes is to draining. I'm glad they finally clipped your wings and set you free. Good luck in RL.

l3lade2
02-25-2014, 10:33 PM
Sorry to hear you guys are retiring!

I personally left MoC about 3 months back, and then retired from KA very quickly after. Very sorry to hear that the guild has now retired in it's entirety.

I was with MoC as an "original" member before the first War and had the privilege to get to know many fellow Crows over the following year+ that came after. Some greats came and left, and many Original members stayed with the guild all the way to the end which shows the commitment and loyalty from many.

Was a truly great guild, biased opinion here or not, and very sorry to see it retiring.

Fortunately I'm still playing with many in GoW / Game of Wars*, along with hundreds of other former KA'ers who saw the light.

*this is my first post on here in over 3 months and last ever so ban my ass I couldn't care less)

Dirt road Joe
02-25-2014, 10:46 PM
DRJ approves of this thread...

King Ben
02-25-2014, 11:26 PM
All the best, MOC.

Jerusalem
02-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Losing MoC to retirement seems so antithetical to what this game should be about. Very telling about the game, I suppose.

Zen, I'm going to miss warring with you in BooM, but hope that you will still drop by in our guild chat room. Best of luck and all of us at BooM look forward to hearing from you soon. :)

VVolf
02-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Welcome to the other side :D

Ratma2001
02-26-2014, 03:27 PM
What some lose here in friends and Forum members are collected re-sorted and place in there! along with Numerous others myself included, Welcome to the new era Zenobia and MoC, its been a long time between drinks, but i think most are in a happier place now , great to see most of you again :-)

PereZeius
02-26-2014, 09:26 PM
All the best in RL Crows! - PZ

sousas
02-27-2014, 12:51 AM
Sometimes I think there are more retired people reading/posting in KA forum than people actually playing, lol.

England Jon
02-27-2014, 02:24 AM
Sometimes I think there are more retired people reading/posting in KA forum than people actually playing, lol.

Very interesting point. Why do those who have retired continue to read and post on the forum?

Seeds
02-27-2014, 03:56 AM
Very interesting point. Why do those who have retired continue to read and post on the forum?

Habits die hard

Krayt
02-27-2014, 05:26 AM
Makes it hard to tell who is retired and who isn't anymore

acyrothegloriusdeath
02-27-2014, 09:26 AM
The Templars knight will welcome the rest of the crows.

Cola3
02-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Ok before I truly go.....let me just say how great a family MoC is. We have a bunch of members who are truly fun to be with, helpful and reliable, the reason why "these" bunch of members are starting with a new game. We love each other and have actual plans to meet up....lol. Nothing will ever be like this again thats why we still need to be in contact with each other. :D I am fortunate to have leaders like Skyraiders and Zenobia (and for a short time Wheezy). And where can you find a leader that waits til everybody who still wants to play FIND A NEW HOME BEFORE WE TRULY SPLIT UP? A rare breed indeed. There's more than just that but I wouldn't want to bore the posters here. Thanks, us members really appreciate it.

slade
02-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Ok before I truly go.....let me just say how great a family MoC is. We have a bunch of members who are truly fun to be with, helpful and reliable, the reason why "these" bunch of members are starting with a new game. We love each other and have actual plans to meet up....lol. Nothing will ever be like this again thats why we still need to be in contact with each other. :D I am fortunate to have leaders like Skyraiders and Zenobia (and for a short time Wheezy). And where can you find a leader that waits til everybody who still wants to play FIND A NEW HOME BEFORE WE TRULY SPLIT UP? A rare breed indeed. There's more than just that but I wouldn't want to bore the posters here. Thanks, us members really appreciate it. Well Said, Good Luck in future games Crows

Skyraiders
03-01-2014, 11:59 AM
My tribute to this guild that I have called home from the beginning of guilds....a time when 300 K stats were awesome!

The bonds we forged....the friendships shared....the respect given and gained among my fellow gamers .....my teammates....the amazing people I go to war with from every walk of life. Thank you all for the support and sacrifice we have shared all through our KA gaming days. We shared a special bond.....a bond that other guilds understand.....working hard for your teammate as we battle through ....quests...LTQ ...GLTQ .....Raid bosses....sleepless war weekends....all of you know what it's about.

I take with me the memories of everyone I have met as a member/officer/founder of Murder Of Crows....may all my teammates know there is always a place for you in the nest. My memorial of our time together......I dedicate this post to you.

MOC.....Allora Danin, Zenobia, Skyraiders, Rutherford, SNB, WhoBr0tSnacks, Balsac, Jixx, AL, Blitzfink, Chandar2, Chazz CC, Chups Crow, Corvus Brachyrhyncos, Dark Angel, DjWho, Foxxy Arther, Gano, Horse, Jonas, Kaner, Katliff, Lovemscle, MaulerBC, Mb8, Dee, Kaoslos, Penarol Montevideo, Hamburger, Rhitle, RSD, Ryker, Vortex, What the/ OH No, Tarsus, Dirty Joe, Crow magnum, VVolf, Rastlin, l3lade, kjctnorris, Wolfman, Ian Mcgrath, P, Emberly, overrated, Syk0tic, Muninn, Tod&cari, stormborn, Headhunter, A Glory A, Gonzo, Karisella, Saint, slim5o, Ace, Alladar, Apesu, Blast, Bossa Nova, botfly, Brutus, Cain's curse, Caseysforce, Chael, Chicago matt, Cows of Chaos, Emi, Guass, Guido, jasper, JC, Kal-El, Jhonny D, Little Ben, Migit, MindMachine, Mm, Nxy, Odenrider, Onslaught, Pac, Peter , Pope, Porro, QQ, Sir Marcus, Sir Mike, Sliver, Alex, Tgp, The Crow- Plux, Zmerlin..........

In the words of a fellow Crow.......

It is dusk and the landscape is torn and burning as I glide over it.....my feathers singed, wing exhausted......bleeding a dozen wounds from the great wars.....I see it at last.....The Nest........Home....I bank in on my final glide....let forth a hoarse but yet mighty Caw. And a tear falls from my eyes as I hear the Caw of my brethren and sisters....as I join them in a rustle of feathers.....I realize it's not dusk after all.....It is Night....I am Home......

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o751/MOCSkyraiders/5f72b7e367b3487dcd69e0d7928c4ab9_zps8839928e.jpg

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o751/MOCSkyraiders/ca76b5103c017000beef9f5162059092_zpsa18658f9.jpg

MOC in a land far far away........

A new dawn arises as the morning light falls on the nest ....A Caw is heard.....he sets his feet....looks out into the skies....and wonders what today will bring.....the air is crisp and permeated with mist...his feathers more black than the darkest night......his wing tips are covered with droplets of moisture and as the sun hits them you can see the sparkle of a rainbow upon his darkened feathered wings.....he breaths once ....steam rising from his breath....he raises his wings....CAWWWWWW.......Springs from the nest.....announcing his presence to the world...be warned....the Crow has taken Flight!!!!!

Thank you everyone who has been a part of my KA playing Days.....you all have earned my respect and friendship!!! May your may your sword always be sharp and may you always have friends to share the journey down the road.....your Flask be full for the cold winter nights as you regale us of your deeds of war around the campfire.....maybe someday I will be at the next campfire.....and I will be able to hear all about them!!!! Be well!!! Till our Swords meet again!!!

Zenobia
03-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Wow, V, that was a beautiful tribute. As would only be expected of you, my friend. Brought a tear to my eye... another one. Thank you for that.

rsd007
03-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Well said Sky, It's an honor to fight by your side and continue to fight

mighty mackenzie
03-02-2014, 01:45 AM
I have always admired MoC and if any of their great players who are not retiring need a good home please leave me a message. I would be happy to help. I wish you happy life and good luck in the future!

Cola3
03-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Finally Sky has posted. I can now get banned.

Person
03-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Finally Sky has posted. I can now get banned.

guess i said gooooo Cola on the wrong post, ill say it again :P

gooooooo Cola!

Ratma2001
03-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Awesome posts, great to see a graceful exit and great to see so many of you in the new venture ! It has been great fighting against you in these wars but it's even better fighting with you in the new game , always a great show of strength and tenacious attitude , I Thankyou for all the great years we had here !

Shiloh
03-03-2014, 02:38 PM
You guys like most of us, held on to the wrong game for the right reasons. I've tried/am trying to get members of my guild to join me in GoW. Excuse me, that's Game of War:Fire Age, wouldn't want to be banned again for just initials.

Your group has been a pain in the butt in game because I can't beat any of you, but a treasure in the forums, and I'm sure the love that bonded you here can persist elsewhere.

Good hunting Crow,

Shiloh, Darth Randy

Fredcole
03-04-2014, 03:56 PM
I have always admired MoC and if any of their great players who are not retiring need a good home please leave me a message. I would be happy to help. I wish you happy life and good luck in the future!

A good home? I will not comment on that.

If you want to hang out with some good guys and have fun, pm me. Most MoC members ive met were part of the good guys, and to those leaving, again, good luck;)

Krayt
03-04-2014, 04:48 PM
A good home? I will not comment on that.

If you want to hang out with some good guys and have fun, pm me. Most MoC members ive met were part of the good guys, and to those leaving, again, good luck;)

You are quiet on PM now :p

Fredcole
03-04-2014, 06:21 PM
You are quiet on PM now :p

Haha ive cleaned my inbox a little now;)

[JAG] Ryan
03-06-2014, 02:58 AM
Dear Zen ,Dear Skyraiders and Dear MoC Members

it took me some time to say goodbye to you, but better later then never, lol
Also im not very good in that, so i will make it short.

Thank you for all you did in the Forum and in Game.

MoC was always a very strong and respected Member of KA and your activity and help in Forum will be missed.

I remember our first coop on a RB and we finished it together as Crow Ops. Since then a deep friendship has connected our guilds.

Later you developed Crow Bot and we can't imagine to war without it again.

Thank you from entire Black Ops Family and i hope we stay in touch.

betsyB
03-06-2014, 03:33 AM
A very big Thank You from t2c (The Second Coming) for all the help and advice from MoC members, esp "Rutherford MoC" who came to our rescue in the Christmas Toy Soldier event. Have an excellent RL ... bBx

Jerusalem
03-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Ryan;1226054']Dear Zen ,Dear Skyraiders and Dear MoC Members

it took me some time to say goodbye to you, but better later then never, lol
Also im not very good in that, so i will make it short.

Thank you for all you did in the Forum and in Game.

MoC was always a very strong and respected Member of KA and your activity and help in Forum will be missed.

I remember our first coop on a RB and we finished it together as Crow Ops. Since then a deep friendship has connected our guilds.

Later you developed Crow Bot and we can't imagine to war without it again.

Thank you from entire Black Ops Family and i hope we stay in touch.

I thought you were very good at it, Ryan. And they will still stay in touch with us in the Order. :cool:

Person
03-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Game of War is old news, Age of Warring Empires (AWE) or Castle Clash (CC) are the way to go :)

guess Gree forum mods are being lazy in banning :)

Zenobia
03-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Thank you to everyone for the heartwarming replies. Even those who dislike MoC kept this thread respectful and that means a lot to all of us.

There IS life after KA! We are still together, playing another game we really enjoy. And we keep adding new members to our nest we met here or in game of war which we all grew bored of. There is room in our alliance if anyone wants to check age of warring empire out. We are on a new server, so the time to get in and get ahead is now. Feel free to PM me, or Skyraiders, Person / Jixx, Rsd, Dirty Joe (yes, he's alive and caw-ing!), or any other Crow you know for info. Here or on GroupMe.

For those still playing KA, I hope it remains fun for you. Just remember you can stay with the people you have grown to love, and get to know other great people, in other games as well as KA.

[JAG] Ryan
03-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Lalalalalala
Lol

CJ54
03-10-2014, 02:18 PM
We're always sad to see people go, but we appreciate the extensive feedback on this decision. We've made sure that it is passed to the developers to improve the game.