PDA

View Full Version : Boss health insanely high ?

Monteverdi
03-07-2014, 05:52 PM
As a lvl 200 player, I am doing about 50m damage per hit. To kill a level 9 Boss I already need two gold hits (9,000 each). This makes me wonder whether the event was made to be a challenge for starfire ? Gree what is wrong with you ?

Pdt1314
03-07-2014, 06:06 PM
That's to make up for daylight savings time. They figured if it was ridiculously hard you wouldn't even bother!

discprodigy
03-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Wonder if it drops again at level 30 like last boss event, or the did in fact double the health again.

Euchred
03-07-2014, 06:14 PM
It seems like they added a tier solely for L200s.

I'm in the 150-199 tier and boss 40 had less then 75 million and then boss 41 had almost 200 million.

Jnsolberg
03-07-2014, 06:53 PM
I have this same problem with my level 200.
My level 189 and my level 75 seem ok so far.
This is another way to mess with the Level 200s. But leveling is not a penalty!
I guess my level 200 can enjoy 7 days of rest!

Euchred
03-08-2014, 10:37 AM
I'll update this spot with some health numbers for the 151-199 tier.

Approx.
50- 300 million
60- 500 million
65- 620 million
70- 740 million
75- 890 million
80- 1.11 billion
85- 1.35 billion
90- 1.84 billion
95- 2.14 billion

Sirius
03-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Looking into this folks!

Monteverdi
03-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Looking into this folks! Great, thanks !

plavine
03-08-2014, 11:56 AM
As a lvl 200 player, I am doing about 50m damage per hit. To kill a level 9 Boss I already need two gold hits (9,000 each). This makes me wonder whether the event was made to be a challenge for starfire ? Gree what is wrong with you ?

I agree, my 200 has a raw attack of 10mil & I couldn't 1 hit level 5!!!!
My mini level 25 free hit level 10 already

Guido69
03-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Boss #40 for a level 200 players has more than 1B health already

bongzor
03-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Can anyone from GREE explain why you punish people for their level so much? I think that most level 200s, when they started this game, were just building up their kingdom, happily going to monster screens just hitting out their energy...

Ever since guilds came high levels constantly has been punished in EB events & War events. Tougher in EB-events & Less points/hit in War events. WHY IS THAT SO? It's like you punish longterm players and force people to make new "minis".

The red Baron
03-08-2014, 04:06 PM
No force players to leave KA as a lot did.
I wonder if this is planed (only 200 mil attack lv 200 shall have a chance) or done by mistake.

Beer Stein
03-08-2014, 05:25 PM
For what it's worth, it's not just level 200s. L41 for me, at level 171, more than doubled in health.

Tojo
03-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Something wrong. My lvl 200 won 't
Make 15 like this.

Valid or
03-08-2014, 05:32 PM
They won't say anything again till it's fixed. Or they decide nothing's wrong.

hacim
03-08-2014, 05:41 PM
I can't even get a boss to come up. Have raided, attacked, hit monsters, closed multitasking and even re-installed the game. Make something work.

plavine
03-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Took me 3 money hits for level 9
My attack is 42 mil level 200
My mini is level 25. One free hit at level 11
And gree , u wonder why we have minis

Guido69
03-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Looking into this folks!

It's nice to say you are looking into that, but if nothing comes out of it it's rather pointless.... Like so many times before

Just words, nothing more

plavine
03-09-2014, 08:02 AM
4 money hits for level 11
4x 42.9 mil
170 mil health for a level 11!?!?
Thanks gree for treating your old time players like garbage

bongzor
03-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Can anyone from GREE explain why you punish people for their level so much? I think that most level 200s, when they started this game, were just building up their kingdom, happily going to monster screens just hitting out their energy...

Ever since guilds came high levels constantly has been punished in EB events & War events. Tougher in EB-events & Less points/hit in War events. WHY IS THAT SO? It's like you punish longterm players and force people to make new "minis".

BUMP.

@GREE, STILL:
ANY EXCUSE TO YOUR PLAYERS WHO HAS BEEN HERE FOR MORE THEN A YEAR PLAYING THIS GAME?

(I'm not 200 btw, but I do feel really SICK hearing about your EB's)

Alexius
03-09-2014, 11:42 AM
No response yet.....par. Entering into Bogey territory though.

Velan
03-09-2014, 12:05 PM
We should all ask Starfire to retire as all the events are now designed for this sole player!

bird1992
03-09-2014, 02:04 PM
did you find out any thing this is? Boss health is very messed up

Alexius
03-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Double bogey.

nicsonology
03-09-2014, 08:20 PM
hi GREE,

Would you share why you team always make disadvantage to lv200 player? Low CP we gained but high CP against us, ridiculous epic boss HP …

U team look like want every lvl 200 player quit the game entirely. pay money is a thing, but ppls paid 1 dollars, but we have to paid 2 or 3 dollars is another thing

nicsonology
03-09-2014, 08:26 PM
I just killed lv 33 boss, and my gold attack is 72m, it took me 13-14 hit gold hit to killed the boss, 100m HP ???

Perfuzzie
03-09-2014, 09:23 PM

Approx.
50- 300 million
60- 500 million
65- 620 million
70- 740 million
75- 890 million
80- 1.11 billion
85- 1.35 billion
90- 1.84 billion
95- 2.14 billion

your numbers are accurate so far , Sirius keeps looking into it and since it stays the same i guess no mistake was found lol .

Samskill
03-09-2014, 10:46 PM
GREE, silent is golden?

dookie
03-10-2014, 12:38 AM
neh not golden, just the usual, I have played this game since it started and it has always been the same. One of the reasons our once top 25 guild only managed top 500 last time. players are sick of being treated like 5yr olds and just leave, luckily they are a good bunch of people and we all still chat, but they have made it obvious that there is life outside Gree games. Shame really, we all used to have fun and were able to complete things..but now......well the fun seems to have gone completely....what will change?????? in my opinion....nothing

Generic_Username
03-10-2014, 03:11 AM
If some ppl didnt create who finish epic boss event thread during last boss event, we might still have the same boss health format. I suspect gree raised it seeing most of you posted how "easy" it was. I could be wrong though.

Bastardo79
03-10-2014, 03:16 AM
gree please give a shance to poor people fix energy boss

nicsonology
03-10-2014, 03:33 AM
If some ppl didnt create who finish epic boss event thread during last boss event, we might still have the same boss health format. I suspect gree raised it seeing most of you posted how "easy" it was. I could be wrong though.

Agreed, you told the retards before,
1 people opened a stupid thread, affected entirely

nicsonology
03-10-2014, 03:33 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?81207-who-else-finished-all-7-days-of-gemello/page3

Jnsolberg
03-10-2014, 03:43 AM
It looks like Gree will be "Looking into this folks!" until the event is over. Even if they fix the boss health now, there is not enough time to complete the 100 kills. My guess is that they just ignore us, like they usually do.
Very frustrating.

dookie
03-10-2014, 04:15 AM
I think they need to go to work with MZ for a while on GoW.......got a problem, email them and get a response straight away, with explanation and apology with reward if they feel it is needed........ and if the game goes down, pretty much free gold for all.........TAKE NOTE GREE that's how to run a game, not how to run a game into the ground till all your players leave.....

collage
03-10-2014, 06:00 AM
You know why the epic boss has insanely high health? Read the post below from :

Gree, just wondering the reasoning behind making this Raid Boss about 3x as much health, but NOT correcting our attack to include our boosts. Our attack was FINALLY corrected to include boosts the last Epic Boss giving a lot of us high hopes the same would occur for the Raid Boss. Is this on purpose that it is not corrected and yet the health trebled? If so, why? Are you trying to make the game so that almost no one can succeed and therefore turn away from the game?

This happens when you have dim wits sending in feedback asking for the boss attack to be corrected using boosted stats. The use of base attack provided a smaller gap between the general masses and the top echelon. The use of boosted stats simply widened the divide to impossibility. So anyone still wants to see boosted stats implemented in EB for RB? I really hope NOT unless you enjoy shooting yourself in the foot.

collage
03-10-2014, 06:24 AM
Hey guys, couple of things. First, we've made sure the feedback in this thread is passed to the devs.

Second, in answer to the original question/title of the thread: the Epic Boss change was a result of a code refactor that we did a little while back, where we standardized most of the epic boss behavior across the games. Modern War had the bonuses count, but KA had never gotten that change; after the standardization it did. We probably will change the Raid Boss eventually just because it is admittedly weird that it works one way for one and not the other, but that would be a ways down the line (it's not actually a trivial change).

If the change is not trivial, please don't change it. Please assign your resources to other more pressing matters. This one should be the last on your IT priority list. thanks v much.

bongzor
03-10-2014, 07:29 AM

This happens when you have dim wits sending in feedback asking for the boss attack to be corrected using boosted stats. The use of base attack provided a smaller gap between the general masses and the top echelon. The use of boosted stats simply widened the divide to impossibility. So anyone still wants to see boosted stats implemented in EB for RB? I really hope NOT unless you enjoy shooting yourself in the foot.

Why shouldnt the "top echelon" kill this easier? The top should always finish these events pretty easily as they have spent massive amount of time and money increasing the strength of their kingdom army. That's just plain logic, but at the moment not even the top players (with lvl 151+) have it easy finishing this quest. So, as long as it's ridicolously hard for the top, "weaker" players have it impossible, which is just plain bull****. Stop blaming players with this nonsense, it's the fking developers who apply the rules, hence players giving the feedback that it's pure bull****.

Valid or
03-10-2014, 07:42 AM
If the change is not trivial, please don't change it. Please assign your resources to other more pressing matters. This one should be the last on your IT priority list. thanks v much.
Where did you quote that from..it was not a reply from gree to this thread.
Gree still has yet to update us from when they said they were looking into it.

Guido69
03-10-2014, 08:24 AM

Approx.
50- 300 million
60- 500 million
65- 620 million
70- 740 million
75- 890 million
80- 1.11 billion
85- 1.35 billion
90- 1.84 billion
95- 2.14 billion

Just as a comparison...

For a level 200 player the boss #50 has more than 2B health... Go figure

Costerroller
03-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Hi Gree

I will spend gems but not on this nonsense.

Why should someone who is a few levels lower than me complete this quest for free with relative ease and it take me mountains of gems and all my waking minutes, where is the fair or fun in that?

This is simply insane and only serves to disenfranchise your customers who have been playing the game a little longer.

Reward or at the very least treat those who've been around longer the same, dont make the game harder and ultimately intolerable for them. :mad:

[JAG] Ryan
03-10-2014, 08:38 AM
This EB shows unfortunatelly more and more that Gree still punishes his long term and probably best customers.

Why else, would they make a separate Tier only for Lvl 200 guys with certainly Boss health numbers simply out of any reasonable reach for the very big majority of them. It is fully ok if an event is tough or very tough and only the big spenders or the ones with great stats can finish those without much complaints. But the amount of gems needed to finish for even great stats people is that high and has no relation to the possible reward, that most of those i know didnt even bother to try.

What remains is a bad after taste, that once again those who are long in the game are not welcome to stay unless they are not ready to spend more and more and more without seeing the adequate return.

Of course someone could say, now what, you don't need to hunt after each rabbit given by Gree, and yes you are right, people could simply stay off from this EB or other similar events. But these Numbers in current EB combined with the other unsolved issues like bad CP in war and paired with the still sealed cap of Level 200 is not leaving most of those people really happy.

Many i know are playing due to the people here. And many are spending money to stay competitive, allowing them to contribute towards the team. Unless Gree doesnt resolve the issues of punishing their long term players many more will leave this game. Also the time needed today doesnt allow all to restart with a mini, as some people spend a lot of time but don't want to commit to 24/7 and playing on a low level doesnt provide the same fun.

In honor of all retired LVL 200's and all future retires.

https://i.groupme.com/450x360.png.670c41b08a980131c3c122000a438073.large

I really hope Gree will change some issues soon and start rewarding our long term Members like all other games do. I know i have put my pink glasses on with my last sentence but hope renownedly never dies :cool:

P.S. im not Lvl 200 and i have more then one account, but im seeing some issues now since a few months and feel with all who are at Lvl 200.

Monteverdi
03-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Unfortunately, I have to agree. In any other games I have played you are encouraged to level up as it opens new opportunities, access to new and better items, increasing damage vs. monsters etc. Gree probably has created the only game where high levels are constantly punished and eventually are forced out of the game.
Come on Gree, why do you hate us so much ? We have financed you pretty well over the last two years and now you are trying to boot us ?

[JAG] Ryan
03-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Dear Zen
Many thanks for the compliment, but i have to pass the flowers for the tombstone to Zolt, our Officer.
He posted the tombstone today in our chat and i was nasty and used it for my post as i felt it would perfectly fit.

Now in relation to the main topic. Do i like KA? Yes
Why? I guess for many reasons, most because of the nice people i met, but also for many details about the game.
It is also obvious that not all events can make all people happy, but in summary the game is developing into a wrong direction.
There are a few reasons why,
1. Long term players are not rewarded but punished.
As i said, it has to be that way, that in certain events long term or new member have an advantage. Also heavy spender as well as even free players. Otherwise the game would become extremly imbalanced and a new player would loose the interest very soon.
But in summary the long term and/or heavy spenders must have a heavy advantage. And this is currently not given in a way it should be.
If we think about all events given, we will realize that quickly and see this imbalance.
- Wars: A long term/high level player is punished as he gets usually far less cp compared to a lower stat player.
- ILTQ/GLTQ: due to the higher health there is a small advantage. Also the regen makes a huge difference, but the hero strength points compared with the weapon and armor are not reflecting the difference between a low and high level player correctly. Here would a bigger difference or smaller random factor of damage dealt suit better. So all in all a small advantage. And im not talking about the glitches which makes the imbalance even bigger as glitches are always there in each game and also difficult to prevent.
-Raids/pvp attacks: in pvp attacks a hlp/term player/gem user has an advantage. Not so in raids as the factors for being able to do a successful raid are not reflecting the stat reality. The gap between that attacking Party and the def stats is simply to big. A smaller spread would fit here better.
Epic Boss: if im not wrong thid event was designed from the beginning for lower level players, which is in general ok, but a high level player should be able to finish also with the use of his regen advantage and/or some gems. The relation here is imbalanced.
Raid Boss: in this event only stats count. A long term player might have an advantage due to shorter regen times but thats it.
2. inflation and time: inflation has to be part of each game as otherwise new player wouldnt be able to develop in any way. The question is the size of it. Since some time, a competitive player cant afford to miss one or two events without seeing himself falling far behind or seeing others passing him in short time. This doesnt reflect all the previous invested time, money and effort somebody has put in.
Also the required time needed to just stay competitive has went far beyond any reasonable approach. People get burned out fast instead of enjoying the game over a long term. Of course does it makes sense that someone who invests more time should have an advantage out of it but a smaller advantage would also fit very well and allow some gem users some breaks to see KA as a hobby and not a second full time job.;-)
3. attack & def boost imbalance: the spread between both given boost rewards went simply to high. Rewarded Attack boosts are almost double in total size compared to the possible def boosts. This additionaly speeds up the imbalance on other events on top.

Now enough points from me. As i said in the beginning there are also many things i like about KA, as otherwise i wouldnt play and still enjoy it (shame on me, lol)

collage
03-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Why shouldnt the "top echelon" kill this easier? The top should always finish these events pretty easily as they have spent massive amount of time and money increasing the strength of their kingdom army. That's just plain logic, but at the moment not even the top players (with lvl 151+) have it easy finishing this quest. So, as long as it's ridicolously hard for the top, "weaker" players have it impossible, which is just plain bull****. Stop blaming players with this nonsense, it's the fking developers who apply the rules, hence players giving the feedback that it's pure bull****.

Your response lacks depth and you don’t seem to have an idea on what you are talking about. Firstly, I define top echelon as the folks in the top 3 guilds, or at least that is what I regard as top echelon.

You are right that the top echelon should always finish these events because they have spent massive amount of time and money increasing their stats. However, what advantage do they get for their time and money spent if many others can complete it as well? Top players want exclusivity and a challenge which is the fking point they play this game. I hope you do understand the fact that Gree places much more emphasis on this customer group than any others. If you don’t know, you’ve probably been living in a well for too long.

And in case you don’t understand, I’ll give you an example. A player in a top 10 guild will not be much worse off compared to a top 3 guild player if unboosted stats are used in EB events. From the inception of CoK events, the top 3 rewards have predominantly been percentage boosts rather than units. The change to use boosted stats based on feedback from certain players meant that the gulf of damage between a consistently top 3 vs top 10 player has widened to a gap that’s impossible to close.

Of course once this change to boosted stats has been implemented, do you naively believe that Gree would not raise the bar? Unless you think letting the players in the top 3 guilds play gem free is such a good idea. They will quit this game for sheer boredom.

P.S. By the way, I wasn’t sure if you were referring yourself as a top echelon player. If your forum name is the same as your IGN, I can say I see you a lot on the target list for a top 10 guild every war. You remain one of my favourite spanks of all time. I do hope you are scoring a lot more than what you get spanked for

Impending Doom
03-10-2014, 08:03 PM
I have stopped at 50 myself. I refuse to spend any money on this as it would take a small fortune to complete it. Ridiculous. 😐

Rocco69
03-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Unfortunate miss calc by gree on this one. I actually like that they tweak every event looking for the perfect mix? Or just trying to mix things up. Unfortunately for them this tweak was major misfire. My lvl 200 player way too weak to go on; go figure. Stupid really

aephlux
03-10-2014, 11:40 PM
GREE, can u post the boss hp for level 100 in each tier?

collage
03-11-2014, 04:10 AM
Where did you quote that from..it was not a reply from gree to this thread.
Gree still has yet to update us from when they said they were looking into it.

Read quote #26 in this link
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?83075-Why-fix-Epic-Boss-damage-but-NOT-fix-Raid-Boss/page3

collage
03-11-2014, 04:15 AM
GREE, can u post the boss hp for level 100 in each tier?

Don't expect any answer from Gree. The Lvl 100 boss for the L101-L150 tier has 1.8bn health. Euchred has posted information on the next tier level earlier.

dookie
03-11-2014, 06:14 AM
no answer.....shocked I am, proper shocked

What1976
03-11-2014, 07:22 AM
Don't expect any answer from Gree. The Lvl 100 boss for the L101-L150 tier has 1.8bn health. Euchred has posted information on the next tier level earlier.

Is this serious? Wow then you just saved me some money my friend.

sister morphine
03-11-2014, 08:08 AM

Approx.
50- 300 million
60- 500 million
65- 620 million
70- 740 million
75- 890 million
80- 1.11 billion
85- 1.35 billion
90- 1.84 billion
95- 2.14 billion
Those figures look like someone mixed up raid boss health with epic boss, and players got screwed by it.

bongzor
03-11-2014, 08:15 AM
Your response lacks depth and you donít seem to have an idea on what you are talking about. Firstly, I define top echelon as the folks in the top 3 guilds, or at least that is what I regard as top echelon.

You are right that the top echelon should always finish these events because they have spent massive amount of time and money increasing their stats. However, what advantage do they get for their time and money spent if many others can complete it as well? Top players want exclusivity and a challenge which is the fking point they play this game. I hope you do understand the fact that Gree places much more emphasis on this customer group than any others. If you donít know, youíve probably been living in a well for too long.

And in case you donít understand, Iíll give you an example. A player in a top 10 guild will not be much worse off compared to a top 3 guild player if unboosted stats are used in EB events. From the inception of CoK events, the top 3 rewards have predominantly been percentage boosts rather than units. The change to use boosted stats based on feedback from certain players meant that the gulf of damage between a consistently top 3 vs top 10 player has widened to a gap thatís impossible to close.

Of course once this change to boosted stats has been implemented, do you naively believe that Gree would not raise the bar? Unless you think letting the players in the top 3 guilds play gem free is such a good idea. They will quit this game for sheer boredom.

P.S. By the way, I wasnít sure if you were referring yourself as a top echelon player. If your forum name is the same as your IGN, I can say I see you a lot on the target list for a top 10 guild every war. You remain one of my favourite spanks of all time. I do hope you are scoring a lot more than what you get spanked for

My post lacks depth? Dude... You quoted a player from another thread and blamed him because he wanted all the strength he has worked for in his kingdom put into play, thats way deeper hahaha :D

What advantage they have if others can finish it aswell? Their advantage would be that they finish it free or with a small amount of gems, while others had to gem more depending on their own strength, what would you think? You talk about challenge when every event that starts is easily finished by these top 3 guilds, and almost impossible for the rest, where's the challenge for others?

You talk about exclusitivity in one sentence, then in the next you want these top players to go by unboosted stats, to be almost like everyone else, how do you want it? hahaha oh my god :D

This part I had to laugh a couple of minutes about, and got me thinking you are just plain dumb. Top 3 made together 100 million CP's last war-event. You honestly think they would go from gemming for 100 millions CP's, to GEM-FREE, because they completed some LTQs easily/not using gems? Hahahaha...
They want to be the best, and get the best bonuses, and also the individual rewards, and this is where the major "exclusitivity" part comes into play, if you DID NOT understand this.

To sum it up:
TOP 3 guilds are exclusive , and want to be exclusive, which means they should be able to use their kingdoms full potential. This means boosted stats. This means they (top 3), should finish LTQ EASILY because of their SUPERIOR strength, while the other THOUSANDS of players would actually have a chance FINISHING these LTQ'S, but with alot more effort then top 3.

Difference:
You want GREE to use unboosted stats, yet you talk about exclusitivity, it's just a slap in the face for top 3's if GREE would do this.
I want GREE to use boosted stats, because yes, top 3 are exclusive, they have played a long time and done much gemming. Quests should be adjusted so the top players have it easy, then gets harder and harder depending on players strength. Right now the top is able to finish, and for the rest it's impossible. How it is right now will not make this a game for the future, people will quit.

And your "PS lines", just shows what a donkey you are. I'm writing here as a neutral player, I do not care about myself in this matter, I started writing here because I got frustrated about the situation for level 200 players, this do not include myself as I'm not level 200. And fun for you, the day it affects my kingdom I might care. I do not care who you are ingame, and after all this I realize you are not even worth a second to lookup whoever you are.

Your whole reply is a joke hahaha :D

What1976
03-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Those figures look like someone mixed up raid boss health with epic boss, and players got screwed by it.

Lol, I think you are right.

1Guido
03-11-2014, 10:08 AM

Approx.
50- 300 million
60- 500 million
65- 620 million
70- 740 million
75- 890 million
80- 1.11 billion
85- 1.35 billion
90- 1.84 billion
95- 2.14 billion

for level 200 players, boss #60 has about 2.15B health, more than 4 times than a boss #60 for a level 199

absurd

sister morphine
03-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Top players want exclusivity and a challenge which is the fking point they play this game. I hope you do understand the fact that Gree places much more emphasis on this customer group than any others. If you donít know, youíve probably been living in a well for too long.
Are you serious here? The ones you call "top players" are in many cases only at the top of the game because they can afford to dump seemingly unlimited funds into it. Where's the challenge in that; isn't there a far greater sense of achievement from completing an event with the least amount of spending you can manage than from just bombarding with cash.

If Gree are designing events that only that tiny number of players can finish then shame on them because your sense of "exclusivity" and entitlement is turning this game from one that used to be a fun experience into a tiresome chore for very many others. Is it any wonder so many quit?

If you want an exclusive experience, start a game for the super-rich to play. Maybe then KA would return to being a game where the most skilled players rose to the top rather than just the ones with the biggest bank balances.

Tojo
03-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Just a theory
My thought is there is something in these
Old accounts that Gree would like to get
Rid of. Something maybe in the "agreement
Of terms" clause that has changed for
New accounts but can't be legally denied
To older accounts. Not sure what it is but
Gree seems to want as many of these
Accounts gone as possible.

Again just a theory

CJ54
03-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Hey guys, I apologize, Sirius was going to drop a reply in here but he has been out for a few days.

It's not a glitch; stat inflation has made attack stats incredibly variable at higher levels (particularly max level), which means using the average to determine what is "difficult" can result in numbers that can look crazy in some cases. We're talking over here about how we can retune the boss mechanic so that it is actually challenging at different power levels without being off-putting to some players. We don't want to scale it to individual strength, though.

Just a theory
My thought is there is something in these
Old accounts that Gree would like to get
Rid of. Something maybe in the "agreement
Of terms" clause that has changed for
New accounts but can't be legally denied
To older accounts. Not sure what it is but
Gree seems to want as many of these
Accounts gone as possible.

Again just a theory

Nope. Also, same terms of service clause applies to everybody, new accounts and old accounts.

garen argon
03-11-2014, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=CJ54;1232454]Hey guys, I apologize, Sirius was going to drop a reply in here but he has been out for a few days.

It's not a glitch; stat inflation has made attack stats incredibly variable at higher levels (particularly max level), which means using the average to determine what is "difficult" can result in numbers that can look crazy in some cases. We're talking over here about how we can retune the boss mechanic so that it is actually challenging at different power levels without being off-putting to some players. We don't want to scale it to individual strength, though.

once you hit level 150 this is a game over event. even with very good stats/lvl.

collage
03-11-2014, 02:15 PM
blah blah blah.....

Silly man, your entire post was equally as clueless as your first. All I am pointing out is the mere fact that the use of boosted stats for EB blew out the gap between the top 3 and the rest. And its simple to understand that Gree would accordingly adjust the bar higher for it. And if you still don't understand, Gree's focus is on whales in this games, not shrimps like you.

Cloud22
03-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Hey guys, I apologize, Sirius was going to drop a reply in here but he has been out for a few days.

Nope. Also, same terms of service clause applies to everybody, new accounts and old accounts. So CJ how is this fair for lvl 200 players? Why do you think lvl 200 players are so much stronger then the tier below lvl151-199? I'm lvl 200 and my Atk stat is 70m and there are plenty of players below my lvl with higher stats. Boss 50 for the lvl 200 tier is bout 1.9b health and for the tier below lvl151-199 boss 90 has 1.84b health. That is a 40 boss lvl difference with bout the same health. Doing 70m gold hit I would have to spend at least a thousand dollars to finish not to mention the crazy amount of gold needed. So I ask again how is this fair?

Tojo
03-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Cj54
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear the
Terms clause is not the reason for this
Still needs to be fixed very sad for my
Lvl 200. Only 10 mil Att and can't go
Past lvl 11 without gems :-(
Again thanks for looking it to it

garen argon
03-11-2014, 02:44 PM
cloud, with boosted attacks ranging from 5M to 500M for level two hundreds this is a tough nut to crack. getting rid of boosted stats would be a start as this lowers the spread between the high and the low significantly. then reduce the boss health to previous levels.

collage
03-11-2014, 03:24 PM
If you want an exclusive experience, start a game for the super-rich to play. Maybe then KA would return to being a game where the most skilled players rose to the top rather than just the ones with the biggest bank balances.

This is hilarious. If the super rich were to leave KA, do you think this game would still be around? And please don't kid yourself, this game has never been about skill, its all about the biggest bank balances. Gree is no charity organization, we know that from day 1.

collage
03-11-2014, 03:26 PM
cloud, with boosted attacks ranging from 5M to 500M for level two hundreds this is a tough nut to crack. getting rid of boosted stats would be a start as this lowers the spread between the high and the low significantly. then reduce the boss health to previous levels.

Exactly!! Perfectly spot on. Don't know why this is so difficult to grasp for some people.

Cloud22
03-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Your right green argon there is a big range in stats for lvl 200 players. But you can easily range it to how much they spend and what guild there in. Avg stat for lvl 200 is around 40-50m. There is maybe bout 50 lvl 200players with 200m+ Atk stats and that is your top player. What I'm saying is there should be no lvl 200 tier and go back to the way it was with with the last tier at lvl 151-200.

1Guido
03-11-2014, 05:20 PM
I don't know what arithmetics were used for calculating the average strength of a level 200 players but they seem to be plain wrong.

I am at level 200 with over 150M attack and less than 20 minutes full regen time. And I would need an exorbitant amount of gems to finish this EB?

NinjaHonu
03-11-2014, 05:29 PM
I don't know what arithmetics were used for calculating the average strength of a level 200 players but they seem to be plain wrong.

I am at level 200 with over 150M attack and less than 20 minutes full regen time. And I would need an exorbitant amount of gems to finish this EB?

20 minutes full regen!!!??? It takes me 20 minutes for 1/4 regen! WTF. LOL im jealous.

Alexius
03-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Okay, so we tailor the boss strength for everyone to suit the difficulty needs of the less than 1% to make it challenging for them but expensive to the rest of us? Why not make it challenging for your average player in that realm and let the fruits of the labor(money) already poured into this game by the top 1% spenders work for them? This is BS, I won't waste a gem.

Perfuzzie
03-11-2014, 05:55 PM

Nope. Also, same terms of service clause applies to everybody, new accounts and old accounts.

This is ridiculous and total BS , whats the average you talk about CJ ? average stats for top 3 ? guys in top 10 guilds are gonna have it hard to finish this EB , but what about the rest ? top 25 and lower are all around 20-30 mil attk ... everyone over level 151 is screwed ... and once again gree punishes the ones that are high level but at the same time you dont raise the level cap because there are not to many level 200 ...No one is in a hurry to get there anymore .. this is the only game i ever played where leveling up is punishing the players ... Shame on you GREE

E-I
03-11-2014, 07:39 PM

It's not a glitch; stat inflation has made attack stats incredibly variable at higher levels (particularly max level), which means using the average to determine what is "difficult" can result in numbers that can look crazy in some cases.

So in other words, Gree and Starfire F_cked us.

bongzor
03-11-2014, 07:39 PM
This is ridiculous and total BS , whats the average you talk about CJ ? average stats for top 3 ? guys in top 10 guilds are gonna have it hard to finish this EB , but what about the rest ? top 25 and lower are all around 20-30 mil attk ... everyone over level 151 is screwed ... and once again gree punishes the ones that are high level but at the same time you dont raise the level cap because there are not to many level 200 ...No one is in a hurry to get there anymore .. this is the only game i ever played where leveling up is punishing the players ... Shame on you GREE

+1 ! ...........

bongzor
03-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Just noticed... Looks like have a baby shrimp between my legs :.(

And still, they adjust the bar in the wrong way, which I have explained several times. If you that the bar was adjusted properly after using boosted stats, you should start working for GREE.

Still you talk about me? As I said I'm not speaking for myself, I speak for the average player. I speak for everyone who is trying to have fun with this game, that is more players then those in the top 3.

NinjaHonu
03-11-2014, 07:57 PM

YUP! Basically whoever didn't capitalize on those overpowered RB units is f_cked in the A for this event. But if you are level 200 and not starfire than you should quit. LOL. Since gree takes "averages" as long as starfire avatar is part of the equation all level 200 accounts not in the top3 have no chance.

Shadows
03-11-2014, 08:54 PM

So in the space of a few hours, Starfire went from one of the most admired players to the most reviled... beware the ropes and pitchforks!

Ashura
03-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Hello CJ,
Instead of using average, you should use a histogram and plot out where are the most population at that tier. Then use the majority stat as the baseline and create the boss health difficulty, hence we can be more reasonable doing epic boss and probably will spend some gem to archive target.

Those extreme strong at their tier, probably already spend enough to attain that stat. I don't think you still want $$$ from them. You should look at the majority population.

Are you the one still looking for top 3 billionaire and trying to tax them? Or you should take care of the majority middle class.

1Guido
03-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Hello CJ,
Instead of using average, you should use a histogram and plot out where are the most population at that tier. Then use the majority stat as the baseline and create the boss health difficulty, hence we can be more reasonable doing epic boss and probably will spend some gem to archive target.

Those extreme strong at their tier, probably already spend enough to attain that stat. I don't think you still want $$$ from them. You should look at the majority population.

Are you the one still looking for top 3 billionaire and trying to tax them? Or you should take care of the majority middle class.

But that requires work and thinking

Ashura
03-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Looking into this folks!

Now it's day 5, the quest coming to an end. I'm not sure if it's useful if you have fix on day 6 with little time to finish the rest of the bosses.

If it's a miscalculation or misprogram by Gree, I will be happy if you give everyone 100 gems as a compliment.

In addition, you had a 3 hours downtime to fix daylight saving but you doesn't fix anything and our buildings require 1 cycle to sync with new time.

sister morphine
03-12-2014, 12:24 AM
This is hilarious. If the super rich were to leave KA, do you think this game would still be around? And please don't kid yourself, this game has never been about skill, its all about the biggest bank balances. Gree is no charity organization, we know that from day 1.
I'm glad you enjoyed that. Your response is merely laughable. Once more we get (obliquely this time) that old lie from the rich that the game would not exist without them.

Perhaps you didn't notice (or maybe you weren't playing from the start) that this game and others in the Gree stable got along very nicely on a much lower level of spending before Factions/Syndicates/Guilds began. CJ himself stated openly on the crime city forum recently that prior to that there were only a small number of players in the bonus programme; so few in fact that the company ran the programme manually rather than automating it.

It's true that free players could never challenge those who spent really big, but I remember well that the very finest free players in those days boasted stats that could equal or in a few cases better those of some smaller gold buyers.

Costerroller
03-12-2014, 08:34 AM

Thanks for this CJ, but I'm sorry this Epic Boss Event is a totally farcical for players in the 151-199 tier. The difference between this tier and the next one down is multiple orders of magnitude more difficult. It's beyond exponential! There are players in the tier below 151-199 hitting all the way up to the high 90s for free or with minimal gold use. Players in the 151-199 bracket are not finding it twice as hard or three times as hard......do I here 5 times as hard? No way, it seems like 10 times or more difficult. If you cannot see that this is an unfair disparity then there is no hope for players like myself. For the record I would use a few gems to speed things along and to ultimately see it through at the end. I don't however see the fairness in a fellow player using 40 gems for the whole event and me using 8000!

bongzor
03-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Look, I think nothing I say will get into your shrimp sized brain. Adjusting the bar based on boosted stats is significantly more difficult than unboosted stats as you are working with a larger bandwidth. This is all I have been trying to say consistently in all my posts. All I am asking is for Gree to revert to the use of unboosted stats and recalibrate the boss health based on that. All you do is just ramble nonsense and offer nothing constructive.

FYI, I don't have a shrimp between my legs. Dumb male chauvinist. Meow

Adjusting the boss health bar using unboosted stats is one thing, but that's not what you wrote in your 1st post, maybe your "shrimp sized brain" has already forgotten?

Nowhere in this post you mention using unboosted stats to adjust the boss health bar, you keep saying one thing and in the next sentence you contradict yourself. Here you just mention it's a smaller gap between unboosted stats and boosted stats, not how you want to use it so it would favour everyone.

If the highlighted part from your first quote in this reply is what you've been trying to say for 4 posts now, then you've done the following:

1st post: You blame a player for a previous post, and can't even explain how you actually want it to be
2nd post: Writes alot of blaha blaha, then contradicts yourself couple of times, then finish the post by "trying to" insult me.
3rd post: Changes the facts and says "if you still dont understand" + insult
4th post: You finally make yourself clear (?). Says you have been consistent throughout your posts, pure lie + insult.

I actually agree with what you say in this part about the health bar, but that's nothing you mentioned anywhere to begin with. You don't say what you really mean, contradict yourself all the time, then say you have been consistent. Hahaha, there is no need for me to insult you as I pity you already. :D

vikidefiance
03-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Stop complaining or quit the game its easy as that.. lol :p

CJ54
03-12-2014, 10:43 AM
I completely understand people being upset about the health increase, but I have to ask people to keep the f-bombs in check (just had to delete some comments).

[JAG] Ryan
03-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Dear CJ

first of all many thanks for a respond.
"... It's not a glitch; stat inflation has made attack stats incredibly variable at higher levels (particularly max level), which means using the average to determine what is "difficult" can result in numbers that can look crazy in some cases. ... "

Now, honestly, i mean its no rocket science here. Is it that tough to do a box plot throughout the tiers? By the use of the upper and lower quartile you would cover 75% of all players stats and the min/max whiskers would identify the outliners, which honestly cant be taken into account if you really want to do something for the majority.

This would also help you to indicate the degree of dispersion next to the identification of outliners.

I fully understand if you say, this event is done for the Top 0.1% or for those who are ready to spend a ton on gems regardless their stats. But if Gree's intention was anything different, then your calculation of an average stat must have some major mistakes, and that throughout also other tiers.

I can successfully attack at least 90% of players up to Lvl 200, which would make my stats in theory above the average. However the damage to kill isnt appropiate based on your calculation, unless Gree expects heavy gemming on all events. In that case your calculation would be great but a wrong call in my opinion as many will not go for it seeing the difficulty already at very low levels.

John 3013
03-12-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm am currently level 187, hitting GOLD for about 60M. I've made it to level 70 of EB without having to use gems. I admit that it's getting expensive (300K) to kill the thing. With 2 days remaining in the quest it should be easily achieved without an excessive amount of gems.

I am not sure what it's like at 200, but I can say that I'm not seeing a significant challenge in completing this.

Monteverdi
03-12-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm am currently level 187, hitting GOLD for about 60M. I've made it to level 70 of EB without having to use gems. I admit that it's getting expensive (300K) to kill the thing. With 2 days remaining in the quest it should be easily achieved without an excessive amount of gems.

I am not sure what it's like at 200, but I can say that I'm not seeing a significant challenge in completing this.

Well good for you, I am doing the same damage as you and I am a level 200 player, i will hardly make it beyond boss 40 ! You may now understand what is the problem here.

1Guido
03-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Ryan;1233706']
Now, honestly, i mean its no rocket science here. Is it that tough to do a box plot throughout the tiers? By the use of the upper and lower quartile you would cover 75% of all players stats and the min/max whiskers would identify the outliners, which honestly cant be taken into account if you really want to do something for the majority.

The issue is that there was never a calculation nor any thought put into that. It just simply could not have happened given the outcome.

Someone simply decided to increase it by some number without any sense of logic.

Perfuzzie
03-12-2014, 03:33 PM

your stats are above average at 60 mil , but let me know if you are really gonna finish it , from boss 70 to 90 health triples , dont wanna see how 95 to 100 is ... P.S. on boss 92 now and numbers are jumping really high .

Krayt
03-12-2014, 03:38 PM
I completely understand people being upset about the health increase, but I have to ask people to keep the f-bombs in check (just had to delete some comments).

Understand you trying to keep out swearing
However, you need to realize you are frustrating so many players lately that they are leaving this game

Alexius
03-12-2014, 06:59 PM

I'm about the same stats and level and gemmed a bit to finish 75 boss. Stopping there though. F-reaking this B-ee S-ting(edited for language). You've gotta be kidding me to run two impossible events concurrently but as long as Starfire has to struggle it's okay to make it f-reaking impossible for the rest.

1Guido
03-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Guys, could you all please leave Starfire out of this. Nothing, I mean nothing that is going on right now is her fault. She played within the boundaries of the game. There are others to blame but not her.

syKosis
03-13-2014, 01:26 PM
The last boss event I did, I was level 197. I got to 96 completely gem-free. Now at level 200, I can barely get to 28. My stats have gone up around 6m in the process, but this is utterly insane that there's this much difference between the tiers.

CJ54
03-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Guys, could you all please leave Starfire out of this. Nothing, I mean nothing that is going on right now is her fault. She played within the boundaries of the game. There are others to blame but not her.

Honestly, agreed. Regardless of the viewpoint that people have on the difficulty level, we're the ones that set it where it is and it isn't based on one player or what they're doing.

EDIT: Also, we are talking about this (boss strength) over here due to the feedback.

Valid or
03-13-2014, 01:55 PM
Honestly, agreed. Regardless of the viewpoint that people have on the difficulty level, we're the ones that set it where it is and it isn't based on one player or what they're doing.

EDIT: Also, we are talking about this (boss strength) over here due to the feedback.

You are absolutely right, gree sets the difficulty, and no one player can be blamed...if anything we could say gree dident look at a big enough picture and looked at the top 100 peoples stats(guess), as a guide to set the dificulty of the boss.

I feel they should have looked at the middle group of people(not the lowest but also not the highest stats) and used them as a guide to set the dificulty...

Powsauce
03-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Posting to post

Valid or
03-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Posting to post
You couldn't have used a forum topic dedicated to raising your post count so you could post?
And had to try and hijack this one?
If you had to post to build up your posts...you could at least been constructive and been on topic...but that might have been hard given you play crime city and not kingdom age(acc. To your previous forum posts)

Alexius
03-13-2014, 04:37 PM

Nobody is blaming Starfire for this. She is simply the one extreme outlier that gree is basing their boss strength off of which is BS. She probably is a very nice lady and it isn't her fault that gree has oversights(or under sights).

Doomkitten
03-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Thanks for this CJ, but I'm sorry this Epic Boss Event is a totally farcical for players in the 151-199 tier. The difference between this tier and the next one down is multiple orders of magnitude more difficult. It's beyond exponential! There are players in the tier below 151-199 hitting all the way up to the high 90s for free or with minimal gold use. Players in the 151-199 bracket are not finding it twice as hard or three times as hard......do I here 5 times as hard? No way, it seems like 10 times or more difficult. If you cannot see that this is an unfair disparity then there is no hope for players like myself. For the record I would use a few gems to speed things along and to ultimately see it through at the end. I don't however see the fairness in a fellow player using 40 gems for the whole event and me using 8000!

I disagree completely. All of my alts..especially my 100-120 ones, have to use a LOT of gold and wait the full two hours to complete above 40. My smallest mini needed gold at 12, but it only took one gold hit...or wait a full regen. No way could I ever hope for 100, which I completed for a banana dragon with a few gems at the end. My bigger guild may not finish day 7...this also very unusual. Whatever the reason, I don't care. I think this should be challenging, but not impossible.

ShutterBlink
03-17-2014, 12:15 AM
just used Gems guys...solve the issue..lol