PDA

View Full Version : Gree... I'd strongly suggest you backout your changes

BillyGates
03-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Dear Gree,

It appears within the last few hours there were certain changes made to the servers that has changed the behavior in the way Energy is used during LTQ's.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but a the main appeal for this game, and what keeps many people around is the perceived advantage players have that know various tricks and glitches over other players. It is only knowledge of these things that have kept people around a long time, including myself.

If you eliminate these trick and glitches and put everyone on a level playing field, there really will be little incentive for people to stick with this game that has taken months and years to learn these things... compared to just playing some other game with everyone else on a level playing field.

The reality is, probably 90% of the Top150 guilds know many tricks and glitches and in fact it is a level playing field for all of them, people just feel like they have an unfair advantage... which keeps them around.

My guild was very successful and spent thousands on gems this past war... but with the latest glitches shutdown has gone from everyone feeling successful, suddenly to everyone wanting to retire with the difficult LTQ now seeming near-impossible to finish.

I strongly suggest you should reconsider your recent changes, or expect huge numbers of people in the Top guilds to soon retire.

Lys
03-19-2014, 10:42 PM
So this is why I'm seeing a lot of chatter about quitting KA in every chat room of every chat app I have right now?

collage
03-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Interesting, most people will still be on level playing ground regardless of this change. But can't deny the fact that being able to accomplish those energy ltqs is priceless.

sister morphine
03-20-2014, 12:08 AM
Dear Gree,

It appears within the last few hours there were certain changes made to the servers that has changed the behavior in the way Energy is used during LTQ's.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but a the main appeal for this game, and what keeps many people around is the perceived advantage players have that know various tricks and glitches over other players. It is only knowledge of these things that have kept people around a long time, including myself.

If you eliminate these trick and glitches and put everyone on a level playing field, there really will be little incentive for people to stick with this game that has taken months and years to learn these things... compared to just playing some other game with everyone else on a level playing field.

The reality is, probably 90% of the Top150 guilds know many tricks and glitches and in fact it is a level playing field for all of them, people just feel like they have an unfair advantage... which keeps them around.

My guild was very successful and spent thousands on gems this past war... but with the latest glitches shutdown has gone from everyone feeling successful, suddenly to everyone wanting to retire with the difficult LTQ now seeming near-impossible to finish.

I strongly suggest you should reconsider your recent changes, or expect huge numbers of people in the Top guilds to soon retire.
You're assuming they care?! An LTQ / GLTQ where it becomes impossible to progress on the individual without pounding through huge numbers of energy expensive guild kills first suggests otherwise.

The best response for all players is to simply do this quest as free play. Don't play their little money squeezing game.

Suki
03-20-2014, 12:33 AM
So this is why I'm seeing a lot of chatter about quitting KA in every chat room of every chat app I have right now?

I'm afraid this is the end of KA. The workarounds required hard work and even then didnt mean success -- which was part of the fun. That's when the gems would come out. Now there is no point in even trying.

There is such a thing as pennywise and pound foolish, Gree. And you've found it.

Tigertiger55
03-20-2014, 12:51 AM
More than a death knell. This is the flowers on the grave.

KarenWill
03-20-2014, 01:08 AM
@Lys same is happening here, I'm in around +15 groups in Kakao/Groupme/Palringo/Line and many are quitting.
Add my name to the list I'm leaving soon too :D I might send Gree a ticket about the energy glitch in MW too because it's not fair to fix KA glitch but not mw hehee :D ah but I'm sure they already knows about it :x

scottad
03-20-2014, 01:26 AM
The changes have broken the game for legitimate players too. If your in the game and you lose 3G/4G/wifi connection your hits and kills won't count and all the energy you have waited over 2 hours for or worse used gems for has gone.

KarenWill
03-20-2014, 01:48 AM
Alright guys let's start it,
I was doing the quest and accidentally my lil sister has unplugged the router wire without me knowing, I did about 20 kills and I've done 5 refills then later I noticed that my kills didn't count why?:mad: you guys took my gems and energy for nothing :mad::mad::mad:

Bronn
03-20-2014, 01:53 AM
The glitches were there.
Everyone used them.
Everyone was happy ('cept GREE obviously)
And it kept our waning interest in this long-dead game.

So now that the final nail has been well and truly driven home, its time to unplug the servers and put us all out of our ****ing misery.

syKosis
03-20-2014, 02:19 AM
I agree, what they don't get is that many of us will spend some gems to finish a quest line we may be 90% through. Without something to get me that 90% of the way, I'm not going to bother. So instead I'm going to spend 0 gems and get 40% through because there's no way I'm throwing thousands of gems into a single quest.

Let's face it, they're not going to unfix a "Fix"

klevito
03-20-2014, 02:44 AM
MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's like going to the store's owner and very upset tell him he should consider leaving the backdoor unlocked at night so you can continue the petty thefts of his property.
Common sense is not common after all......

Vclone
03-20-2014, 03:26 AM
We were all taking advantage of a loophole in the system. That loophole, or glitch, was actually an error in their code. Gree fixed the code and now we are all the same. Now there are decisions to be made. We (individually) have to decide if this one quirk was the only thing keeping us in the game.

LTQs were getting harder and harder, mostly because we were finishing them so quickly. Gree has proved that they are reactionary to our behavior. Perhaps LTQs will get easier now. Perhaps they will see that we cannot finish their nearly impossibly LTQs any more. I don't know anyone who spends gems on LTQs and I can't imagine that starting now. I just hope that Gree will react to our inability to complete LTQs now.

Gree closed the door that we are all accustomed to using. Now we all have to use the same proper door to get in the game. Will you use it?

Artorius
03-20-2014, 03:48 AM
Many in my guild who spend gems in wars are now talking of where do we go and we are looking for another game.
we were not big gem spenders but most contributed regularly, we would find a target in war we could get 400 points off and allpurchase gems and hammer them for points. Not any more.

F.codpiece
03-20-2014, 04:09 AM
LTQs were getting harder and harder, mostly because we were finishing them so quickly. Gree has proved that they are reactionary to our behavior. Perhaps LTQs will get easier now. Perhaps they will see that we cannot finish their nearly impossibly LTQs any more. I don't know anyone who spends gems on LTQs and I can't imagine that starting now. I just hope that Gree will react to our inability to complete LTQs now.

THIS is probably the most important point here.

GREE have probably known about these glitches for a long time and instead of fixing them they decided to up the difficulty level to try and reign in more of the free quest finishers and force them to buy gems to complete the tasks. Because, quite frankly, it is quick and easy to add difficulty to a quest while you are trying to identify and recomplile some crap code.

Now the code has been fixed but do not expect the difficulty to drop. GREE does not work like that.

Metsrock9931
03-20-2014, 05:12 AM
From what I have read all of you have valid points. Difficulty was tougher, Gree will not reduce it now game glitch is fixed, less gems will be spent because many will be to far away from completing, the closer you get to the end of a quest the more gems might be spent as it was fun to complete the quests, but now nearly impossible. I am fine to a point for them fixing things in the game but the one item they really need to fix is the transfer of the game to a new device. Tech support is unresponsive to the many requests after 4 weeks, so unfortunately many are leaving the game for that reason alone. We lost 3 members recently because Gree did not transfer their game. Gree focus on this, it should be your priority to serve your customers with respect!!!!! Glitch after glitch is not fine when running a business, fix the transfer problem!!!!!!!!

alonibb
03-20-2014, 05:14 AM
The changes have broken the game for legitimate players too. If your in the game and you lose 3G/4G/wifi connection your hits and kills won't count and all the energy you have waited over 2 hours for or worse used gems for has gone.

Yes this is a game killer for me. I often play while on the train with very limited internet access going up and down. Now I cant play on the train anymore because suddenly the kills wont count. My prediction is the same as others. This will once and for all kill the game.

Sim
03-20-2014, 05:16 AM
This will once and for all kill the game.

I agree completely

KarenWill
03-20-2014, 05:31 AM
Glitch after glitch is not fine when running a business, fix the transfer problem!!!!!!!

Glitch after glitch is soo fine and it's what we want it , but after bug is the not fine thing :D and what happened for your friends is a bug :rolleyes:

Metsrock9931
03-20-2014, 05:45 AM
Glitch after glitch is soo fine and it's what we want it , but after bug is the not fine thing :D and what happened for your friends is a bug :rolleyes:

Ok lol, keep the glitches and fix the bugs, because the bugs are on all my devices as well as many others. :-)

moonbowy
03-20-2014, 05:55 AM
Dear Gree,

I agree, what is the point of spending any more gems if we can't finish the quests! I have spent thousands of $ on Gems! You are taking all the challenge out of this game! I won't spend a penny until the game is back to what it was before.

Ebes
03-20-2014, 06:44 AM
They better seriously consider lowering the difficulty on these type quests asap or greatly improve the rewards. I think this will hurt them more because people will spend less knowing the quests are un-obtain-ium unless you drop big money.

BillyGates
03-20-2014, 07:46 AM
The thing Gree probably doesn't realize is they effectively had a marketing 'loss leader' strategy here that was keeping people in the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader

Basically, giving something away for free to the majority of users to help get them hooked and keep them in the game spending gems on things like Wars and other events.

So they've just killed off their loss leader promotion.

Also psychologically, another silly thing this game gives people is a sense of accomplishment. People can feel good about themselves in life, by telling their guild 'friends'... "I killed 1000 skeletons this week and helped the guild finish the event". It's these minor accomplishments in video games, by finishing quests, that keep people in games.

Now all that is potentially no more, so Gree don't be surprised if many move on to something else.

jusflotin
03-20-2014, 08:26 AM
I didn't mind spending a few gems if I knew I was gonna finish quests. But now, without these glitches the quests which are now out of reach for most to finish will most likely be the end for me. No sense in playing any longer if I can't come close to finishing the quests on my own. Too bad as I generally spent about $20-40 a month on this game. A lot of my guild members ( we finished top 150 past war) are on the same page with no longer playing. This is a mistake that will hopefully be rectified in near near future. Some gems are better than no gems!

[rudy]
03-20-2014, 08:43 AM
+1 (the rest of this response is just to fill the 10 character requirement)

We were all taking advantage of a loophole in the system. That loophole, or glitch, was actually an error in their code. Gree fixed the code and now we are all the same. Now there are decisions to be made. We (individually) have to decide if this one quirk was the only thing keeping us in the game.

Gree closed the door that we are all accustomed to using. Now we all have to use the same proper door to get in the game. Will you use it?

A Fresh Start
03-20-2014, 08:58 AM
This thread is funny. You guys come onto the forums and complain that you cant use a glitch anymore. What if you owned a business and someone was using some loophole to get free stuff from you? How would you deal with losing all that money? How would you react to them complaining to you when you fixed that loophole?

garen argon
03-20-2014, 09:39 AM
the same way mobsters do when the irs comes to visit

BillyGates
03-20-2014, 09:48 AM
This thread is funny. You guys come onto the forums and complain that you cant use a glitch anymore. What if you owned a business and someone was using some loophole to get free stuff from you? How would you deal with losing all that money? How would you react to them complaining to you when you fixed that loophole?

You obviously didn't read or understand my post about the loss-leader marketing effect of glitches.

Better to keep lots of people around giving away some things for free and get $$$ from people paying when they're around... then to suddenly make a change that drastically affects the difficulty of playing and sends people running for the exits.

I'm really not complaining that much, mostly letting Gree be aware of the situation... most of us will be much better off in RL if KA was not in our lives...

KillerKT
03-20-2014, 10:06 AM
The game is becoming more and more boring every month. Something new happens that everyone doesn't like. Thank u gree... I would suggest posting as many threads as u can about these problems that they are creating and stop using gems for them to benefit on.

Valid or
03-20-2014, 10:08 AM
They did the same thing any other business would do. Nothing wrong with what they did...it's all part of doing business in the gaming industry. As far as people quitting...people come and go, but if your a true gamer with years of playing online games, then you know just wait, as when one window closes another opens..might take a little time but people make mistakes and new glitches will be there, also there will be new bugs too. If they never made a mistake..then we would have a bug free,glitch free game(even your subscription games get bugs and glitches)..but they are just people and people make mistakes.

jin.knightstemplers
03-20-2014, 10:29 AM
What Valid or said!!! honestly quit whining! if it doesnt work for everyone then everyone is on a even playing field, if you like the game play it, no one makes you spend money, play for your guild, for the friends youve made, quit whining because they took away cheating!

Eraleth
03-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Your argument is only valid if the loophole/glitch was through design.
Ineptitude is not intent.

Having eggs and rice on sale at reduced profit is not the same as leaving the doors unlocked and the alarm off.

You obviously didn't read or understand my post about the loss-leader marketing effect of glitches.

Looks like they finally figured out how to fix it.
For those of us who don't exploit glitches, it has no effect.

E-I
03-20-2014, 10:39 AM
If Gree's goal is to make it so that every single event requires gems to finish, then they are going to see this game empty out quick. The epic boss is now impossible without gems. Completing the raid boss is impossible without a ton of gems. Leaderboard events require a massive amount of gems. This was the one type of event that could be completed by free and light gem players. Take that away and there is not much reason for them to keep playing. This game is going to get pretty lonely with maybe 1-2 dozen guilds left.

BillyGates
03-20-2014, 10:43 AM
My argument doesn't matter if the glitches were intentional or not. I'm only commenting about the likely unforseen positive effect of them, and the negative affect of turning them off.

Or you can also equate it to someone giving away free samples at a store, then they stop giving out those free samples and wonder why not as many people come around anymore...

E-I
03-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Also, one thing to keep in mind is that Gree has handed out a ton of energy regen bonuses, health bonuses, hero strength bonuses, etc. to players in the top 2-3 guilds. They are hurting their free and light gem players a lot more with this then someone who regenerates 12 energy per minute. Just something to keep in mind.

A Fresh Start
03-20-2014, 10:45 AM
They did the same thing in MW and CC. Then made the quests harder. Here is an idea. Play for free. I have never finished an event. Does it bother me? Not at all. Its a game. Stop crying cause your "cheat code" doesnt work anymore

Dogs Pizza
03-20-2014, 10:50 AM
and those people with those big boosts paid a lot to get them. So you think you deserve the same treatment? If you want it pay for it, otherwise shut up and stop crying about how gree is trying to stop you from cheating. Do you only play games you can cheat at? Sneak a few extra armies on the board in risk? Use a scrabble word app to help in words with friends? Try playing without a cheat for once, its surprisingly fun.

E-I
03-20-2014, 10:57 AM
and those people with those big boosts paid a lot to get them. So you think you deserve the same treatment? If you want it pay for it, otherwise shut up and stop crying about how gree is trying to stop you from cheating. Do you only play games you can cheat at? Sneak a few extra armies on the board in risk? Use a scrabble word app to help in words with friends? Try playing without a cheat for once, its surprisingly fun.

Oh please. Even the top guilds use cheats all over this game.

Dogs Pizza
03-20-2014, 10:59 AM
and that somehow makes your argument valid?

KillerKT
03-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Wow dogs u say everything right. I'm sure everyone loves you

E-I
03-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Tapping on pixels isn't what is fun. It's completing events and getting units that is fun. Take the ability to do that away from 90% of the players and we are going to find this game is a deserted wasteland.

syKosis
03-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Energy use is completely glitchy now. I'm on stable WiFi, and I'm not getting credit for some of my kills. I don't know what's going on but I'm basically waiting to regen to X amount of energy for one hit, then coming back and repeating. Sometimes the energy gets used, sometimes it stays at that amount. Again, it's not my Net connection. In 5 hits, I'll get credit for 3. In fact on my progress, it will say 10/56 killed, then I'll exit come back and it will say 9/56. Something is screwed up.

Mathew
03-20-2014, 12:46 PM
I think the problem is that gree has made the ltqs too hard to ever be able to finish. 6-12 months ago they werent. I as a free player could almost finish a ltq without glitch or gems, if I wanted to complete the event I could buy just a few gems and that was enough. Today there's no chance of completing the events.

Snowyspyke
03-20-2014, 12:58 PM
gree does whats in the best interest of the wallets, plain and simple. Cant be mad though, that's what KnD was created for and we all chose to givein to it one way or another.

Krayt
03-20-2014, 03:49 PM
I am not going to read five pages so I will say this...

I find it absolutely hilarious someone creates a thread telling a company to change things because people that we're cheating on how the game designed to be played can't be done anymore. Glitches and everything else is how people cheat the way the game was designed, so the company changes thing so you can't cheat. Be happy you were able to cheat for so long and simply move on.

the_bob
03-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Energy use is completely glitchy now. I'm on stable WiFi, and I'm not getting credit for some of my kills. I don't know what's going on but I'm basically waiting to regen to X amount of energy for one hit, then coming back and repeating. Sometimes the energy gets used, sometimes it stays at that amount. Again, it's not my Net connection. In 5 hits, I'll get credit for 3. In fact on my progress, it will say 10/56 killed, then I'll exit come back and it will say 9/56. Something is screwed up.

I'm having this exact problem. We all know Gree can't fix anything, especially the first time around. Rollback the energy changes until you can competently write working code.

nicsonology
03-20-2014, 07:07 PM
I am not going to read five pages so I will say this...

I find it absolutely hilarious someone creates a thread telling a company to change things because people that we're cheating on how the game designed to be played can't be done anymore. Glitches and everything else is how people cheat the way the game was designed, so the company changes thing so you can't cheat. Be happy you were able to cheat for so long and simply move on.

hilarious ridicule other hilarious is fxxking hilarious ^.^

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?84821-Please-help&highlight=krayt

[rudy]
03-20-2014, 07:30 PM
for a moment i thought i read "people with those big boobs paid a lot to get them". regardless, it's reasonable to assume they paid a lot to get them, boosts or otherwise.

Krayt
03-20-2014, 07:32 PM
hilarious ridicule other hilarious is fxxking hilarious ^.^

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?84821-Please-help&highlight=krayt

If you can't figure out my thread was created for humour purposes you might need to get more...

KenjoMegi1
03-20-2014, 08:46 PM
I am so glad to see so many people are upset with this and trying to raise such a stink. It really makes me feel good knowing that I have been able to keep my guild in the top 4-500 without anyone using cheats. With so many cheaters leaving I guess my guild will be moving up the ranks. :)
-Kenjo Megi
-Scions of Abaddon-

the_bob
03-20-2014, 10:39 PM
I have been able to keep my guild in the top 4-500 without anyone using cheats.

If you think nobody in your guild was using them then you are deluded.

ErockDub
03-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Fix or lose my gem budget permanently. No B.S.!

zach123
03-21-2014, 08:12 AM
I am so glad to see so many people are upset with this and trying to raise such a stink. It really makes me feel good knowing that I have been able to keep my guild in the top 4-500 without anyone using cheats. With so many cheaters leaving I guess my guild will be moving up the ranks. :)
-Kenjo Megi
-Scions of Abaddon-

How is it cheating to use a loophole that they created. If I hacked into the game for unlimited energy thats one thing, but if they screw up coding thats their fault not mine that I take advantage of them.

Dogs Pizza
03-21-2014, 08:14 AM
It says right in the terms of use that using glitches is grounds for banning. so yes, it is cheating

CJ54
03-21-2014, 10:24 AM
So, just so we're clear, people are asking us to turn a potential exploit back on so that they can cheat?

No. No, we're not going to do that.