PDA

View Full Version : Carrion Caverns - "Nightmare" Quest Glitch - Customer Support does nothing

DIrishB
04-14-2014, 03:55 AM
So several months ago I started doing quests on the Carrion Caverns map. Eventually I got the Rare quest requiring me to kill "Nightmare". Now it being a Rare quest/spawn I understand it doesn't spawn regularly, so I went about killing every monster of every kind on the map multiple times to get Nightmare to spawn. After mastering the map the first time and Nightmare still not spawning, I realized something must be wrong, so I sent in a ticket. After going back and forth with them for a couple days, they closed my ticket with the usual response of "the issue is either solved or being worked on". In my case it must have been the latter since the monster still wasn't spawning.

I waited about ten days and still killed more monsters on the map in between LTQs, and at this point I've killed easily 250 monsters on the map after I got the Nightmare quest, still no spawn. So, I sent in a second ticket, asking them to just force the monster to spawn so I could move on with my quests.

Once again, I got the same token answer of it's being worked on. Granted, I realize they receive a lot of tickets (though they have no one to blame for that but themselves for not testing their code better), but their customer service is pretty lame. They're obviously closing tickets without solving the problems merely because they have such a huge back log of tickets (again due to shoddy trouble shooting).

Seriously, GREE, tighten up. The game problems are overwhelming your support staff's ability to actually fix the problems and your response is apparently to close tickets without solving the problems, angering your customers and likely causing them to open yet another ticket, compounding your problem. Do you guys really not realize this? Or is it just an issue of not caring as long as the money keeps rolling in (the likely answer, unfortunately)?

I'm not trying to troll or be a jerk, but I've been waiting for months now for a solution to what is essentially a simple fix to a simple problem. Your approach to your product rollout and customer service for fixes is a joke.

I haven't spent money on gems since this problem occurred, and won't be until it's fixed. Probably doesn't mean much, but what else can I do? Hence this post to point out your horrible approach to customer service. Sorry for the rant, but I'm beyond frustrated with the extremely lackluster and almost non-existent approach GREE has developed for customer service.

E-I
04-14-2014, 04:41 AM
Seriously, GREE, tighten up. The game problems are overwhelming your support staff's ability to actually fix the problems and your response is apparently to close tickets without solving the problems

Gree doesn't care. All the care about is keeping the events going so the money keeps coming in. They really don't care if one or two people get pissed in the process and go gem free. Its all about milking players in the top 4-5 guilds for everything they can get.

Lord Vyper
04-14-2014, 06:18 AM
You already got the nightmare... you play KA :)

BTW I have the same problem, also over 250 kills now...

DIrishB
04-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Gree doesn't care. All the care about is keeping the events going so the money keeps coming in. They really don't care if one or two people get pissed in the process and go gem free. Its all about milking players in the top 4-5 guilds for everything they can get.

So true. I understand companies focus on profits, and I have no problem with that. I have a problem with the fact they allow their customer support/tech team to be overwhelmed by these tickets due to poor testing of updates and horrendous problem solving approaches to those glitches.

You already got the nightmare... you play KA :)

Lol.

BTW I have the same problem, also over 250 kills now...

Glad I'm not the only one, but also sorry you're stuck experiencing this too. Over a month later and still no fix to what really should be a very simple problem to fix.

DIrishB
04-20-2014, 03:14 PM
And of course, my phone's IP address was banned from the forums the day after I posted this. Doubt that's a coincidence. Lets see if they ban my PC's IP now.

So ridiculous. And still, no fix for this problem.

CJ54
04-21-2014, 05:00 PM
And of course, my phone's IP address was banned from the forums the day after I posted this. Doubt that's a coincidence. Lets see if they ban my PC's IP now.

So ridiculous. And still, no fix for this problem.

Weird, we haven't banned an IP in about a year (it is kind of pointless, frankly, and prevents us from reporting spammers).

Also, we're still checking into this, but it may not actually be broken. There's no built-in limiter that says "after X attempts you get the monster", it is just a flat percentage chance every time a monster spawns. 250 kills isn't impossible with some terrible luck.

Jcreek201
04-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Weird, we haven't banned an IP in about a year (it is kind of pointless, frankly, and prevents us from reporting spammers).

Also, we're still checking into this, but it may not actually be broken. There's no built-in limiter that says "after X attempts you get the monster", it is just a flat percentage chance every time a monster spawns. 250 kills isn't impossible with some terrible luck.

CJ, I've had that happen too, where after months of not posting on the forums ill try and log in and it will say my IP was banned. Usually after about 24 hours it's fixed itself and I can log back in, but I have no idea what causes the issue.

Darkestsamurai
04-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Might give it a go me thinks!

DIrishB
04-24-2014, 11:39 AM

Amazingly my phone's IP address is now unbanned. If that's due to you unbanning it, thank you.

However, this isn't the first time I've run into the banning problem. For some reason my phone's IP (on my new iPhone 5 and old iPhone 4) would be banned more often than not. I've never broken forum rules so it's not a disciplinary ban or anything. From what I've been told by people on the boards, it's related to GREE banning large amounts of mobile carrier IPs or something to reduce spam. Not sure if that's accurate or not.

But seriously, the percentage for Nightmare to spawn must be ridiculously low, as I've killed close to 300 on that map without a single spawn for Nightmare. I can understand trying to draw it out since it's the last map, but this is ridiculous.

Shaianz
04-24-2014, 03:40 PM
I have also had this problem for several months. Like others I have killed several of the monsters over and over again, have also tried different combinations and orders but still have not had any luck with spawning the "Nightmare".

kenckar
04-27-2014, 08:42 PM
I have also had this problem for several months. Like others I have killed several of the monsters over and over again, have also tried different combinations and orders but still have not had any luck with spawning the "Nightmare".

The cavern dwellers are not showing Up. I killed the serpents slaves. It doesn't indicate rare, so I'm concerned that something's not working right.

Thanks,
Tony

Murphboxer
04-30-2014, 05:11 AM
I have the same problem for the last 2-3 months I'm killing 10-15 monsters on this level a day on average just to see if anything will happen but of course nothing

Totalwar
05-01-2014, 04:59 AM
I have the same problem can't get it spawn the rare mob.

DIrishB
05-02-2014, 01:45 AM
CJ, obviously there's a problem. I'm now at almost 300 kills, and still Nightmare hasn't spawned. And I'm not the only one, as evidenced by this thread.

Also, the IP issue with the forums is annoying.

DIrishB
05-02-2014, 01:48 AM

And just what is that percentage, exactly?

Eggbutt
05-03-2014, 11:34 PM
I am having the same trouble. I'm wondering if we have something in common.

Of the people having trouble has anybody:
a) moved game to a different device?
b) had to use customer service to move game to different device?
c) not purchased anything inside the game with real money?
d) created their own guild?

Totalwar
05-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Still no luck in getting rare and got a difference problem with same map.after of tapping mobs the game crashes and I cannot restart game.When I try to the game crashes every time.so in the end I have to restall KA.this has happened three or four times now.Has anyone esle had this happen to them as well.

DIrishB
05-06-2014, 01:27 AM
I am having the same trouble. I'm wondering if we have something in common.

Of the people having trouble has anybody:
a) moved game to a different device?
b) had to use customer service to move game to different device?
c) not purchased anything inside the game with real money?
d) created their own guild?

I did just recently buy a new IPhone 5S, and had Gree customer service move my game to the new device. I had purchased gems on my old device, but stopped doing so after becoming disgusted with Gree's pathetic approach to customer service, bug testing, and rampant greed. So no, haven't made any purchases on my new device. Never tried to start my own guild.

Still no luck in getting rare and got a difference problem with same map.after of tapping mobs the game crashes and I cannot restart game.When I try to the game crashes every time.so in the end I have to restall KA.this has happened three or four times now.Has anyone esle had this happen to them as well.

That sounds like it may be your device. How old is your device? Try deleting and re-installing the game and see if that helps. If not you may want to look into a new device. If you have a newer device, I don't know what it could be.

Tiberius
05-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Add me to the list of people experiencing this issue as well. Currently on lvl 4 area mastery and have yet to see it spawn....and I am not the only one in my guild that has this issue either.

DIrishB
05-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Tiberius, I'm also now at Lvl 4 Mastery, and without a spawn.

Seriously, CJ, can we get some answers, or better yet, a fix? Either the quest is glitched or the spawn rate is so ridiculously low that it's a problem. Either way something needs to be fixed.

I've sent in two tickets and both were closed with the standard "the problem is being worked on or has been fixed" response. Obviously neither is true, as that was months ago I sent in the first ticket, and I can't see this being that complicated an issue.

Seriously, I don't mean to come off as a troll, but who's doing the programming and testing over there? I've never played a game with this many problems. I'd have stopped playing altogether but I wanted to get my character leveled to 200. Given I'm currently at level 188 it'll still be awhile, and I'm hoping you guys get your act together before then so I can keep playing and not constantly run into problems.

unimpressed
05-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Same problem for me also. I didn't count how many I killed trying to get it spawn but it was a lot. Gave up a while ago and was left with a ton of xp gained from the whole process. Funny, I've never played a game where I did everything I could to avoid gaining xp, but that's a story for another thread...

Turquoise
05-13-2014, 11:15 AM
The cavern dwellers are not showing Up. I killed the serpents slaves. It doesn't indicate rare, so I'm concerned that something's not working right.

Thanks,
Tony

Quest is titled 'A Last Uprising'.

I've defeated the 4 Serpents Slaves and 3/4 Cavern Dwellers but no further Cavern Dwellers are spawning despite having slayed all the others many times.

This is the only quest in my list at the moment, so bit bored of slaying the same mobs.

I'm level 151.

CJ54
05-14-2014, 12:43 PM
We really, really hate this bug. The final fix is upcoming, but the thing is so broken that it periodically becomes uncompletable even through our admin tools, and we have to ask people reporting this issue to hold on for a bit while the engineers fix *that*. Rest assured that we will have this one fixed as soon as possible for everyone's sanity, but in the meantime send in a ticket to support if you hit the issue (resend if you were previously turned away for a fix, we couldn't for awhile).

Totalwar
05-16-2014, 03:14 AM
Seems fixed but didn't to do anything the level just auto finished so this is the last level sad.

Gileas
05-19-2014, 01:55 AM
I saw the post about the "rare" mob not spawning. And the gree CS reply regarding the fact that there isn't a "fixed" number of kills to cause the rare mob to spawn. Well, I have been killing the zone mobs in this "quest" for about 4-5 months now. Every month i send gree an email pointing out that there is a code bug, or they should just admit th at there are no further quests, much like what happened to monster quest. I get a reply each time, telling me that the situation is being looked into and that my request is now closed. I I sent another just last night. I used to code for online games, and its not hard to realize if you left out a trigger in a quest, thus causing the entire quest to grind to a halt. First, the trigger should be "tested," to insure it works and doesn't do anything odd like drop a billion gold into the players acct. Then its released to the game testers, and then added to the game. What I've never seen anywhere but with gree is the outright refusal to address an obvious flaw by either fixing it or admitting the game is being "updated" and the problem will be solved in a reasonable timeframe. Oh, I've also asked around, and not one person claims to have spawned the "rare mob," and finished this quest. So, gree, how about either a tiny bit of honesty, or respect even, and either fix it or remove it and load some more quests.
Please.
Gileas aka "Althea" in KA

bigB88
05-22-2014, 02:09 PM
Was almost done with the map for the 4th time when I decided to report it.
Sent in a ticket, support replied that they finished the quest for me. Went in game and got the reward for the quest. No more quests available of course, but at least I don't still see the nightmare on my quest list.

Murphboxer
05-28-2014, 02:08 AM
I still have the same problem I have 3/4 Cavern Dwellers killed for a god knows how long can't get number 4 to spawn have sent in tickets but its getting me nowhere

Voxker
05-28-2014, 10:02 AM
can you give the reward to everyone? quest has dragged too long and all of my guild didnt bother to finish 1/5 indiv