PDA

View Full Version : Glitch with boost building, please read

CJ54
05-22-2014, 02:15 PM
Hey all,

In the course of investigating some reports about the Trader, we discovered that if you have both a Nomadic Trader and a Temple, it would incorrectly display an additional +100% magic power bonus due to a visual glitch. This was an unintended bug related to having two boost buildings of the same bonus type, which we will be correcting in an upcoming binary. We apologize for the confusion in the meantime.

Dogs Pizza
05-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Some people used the giant stat bump and raced thru the boss event while others did not. You have changed the rules again in the middle of an event thus giving some players an unfair advantage. When there is an unintended result from something you release in this game you need to either stop the event right then and fix it or let it play out until the end of the event, otherwise some players get burned and others are benefit.

This goes both ways, in the past you have changed the xp per hit after some players finished an event and received a ton of xp and those finishing later received much less. Or in this case some were able to use a massive stat bump to finish an event easily while others now are competing in the same event but with different rules.

Fromm
05-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Hey all,

In the course of investigating some reports about the Trader, we discovered that if you have both a Nomadic Trader and a Temple, it would incorrectly display an additional +100% magic power bonus due to a visual glitch. This was an unintended bug related to having two boost buildings of the same bonus type, which we will be correcting in an upcoming binary. We apologize for the confusion in the meantime.

So can you give us a little more information on what exactly this means? What exactly are our correct stats now, and what they be after the "fix"? It is kind of hard to attack, raid, and go to war when we don't know what our real stats are and what our opponents real stats are.

Gal
05-22-2014, 03:15 PM
I agree with Dogs Pizza. It's incredibly unfair to fix a problem mid event. Wait until the event is over to make the repairs. In fact, several people also used gems to speed these buildings to get the boost. If you undo the boost, I think you will also have to credit back those gems!

CJ54
05-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Not taking the fact that there was an event going on or how that would be impacted was an oversight on our part (we were in "bug squish" mode). We can't turn the glitch back on though.

SenorSwamp
05-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Not taking the fact that there was an event going on or how that would be impacted was an oversight on our part (we were in "bug squish" mode). We can't turn the glitch back on though.

Great. Thank you for admitting the (second and compounding) error. Since you can't turn the glitch back on, what is your plan for those of us who were negatively impacted by the combined impact of the 1) bad programming and 2) the even worse decision making as it related to the "solution"? In my case, the cost was gems, gold, xp, and 3 levels that I would not have expended without the (admitted) failures of the folks at gree. All of these issues are quantifiable and the solutions are easily rectifiable with some effort on your part. I will not be so cheeky as to request the time that I wasted back.

Vclone
05-22-2014, 03:47 PM
Great. Thank you for admitting the (second and compounding) error. Since you can't turn the glitch back on, what is your plan for those of us who were negatively impacted by the combined impact of the 1) bad programming and 2) the even worse decision making as it related to the "solution"? In my case, the cost was gems, gold, xp, and 3 levels that I would not have expended without the (admitted) failures of the folks at gree. All of these issues are quantifiable and the solutions are easily rectifiable with some effort on your part. I will not be so cheeky as to request the time that I wasted back.

Very eloquent. All I can say is +1

Big-G
05-22-2014, 04:20 PM
It's the usual story, anything that benefits the paying customer gets shutdown as soon as it can be, before an acknowledgement is made, if it's made at all and anything that dis-advantages the player gets met with the usual 'we''ll look into it' but never fix it answer.

I think there's still not been an official answer for the reason L200's couldn't get a boss to summon on the last RB or why the EB before last ended before one of the timers said it was supposed to to name a couple of examples.

I think some sort of consistency is what we are looking for.

Steph...
05-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Of course I understand that some bugs are part of any software developement but I agree with the poeple saying you can not change the rules DURING an event. Also I used gems on the building quest BECAUSE there was a huge boost on it..... Since this is false information from you Gree, I expect I will be credited the gems used on this .... Right ????

Krdeja
05-22-2014, 05:39 PM
I have the same exact question as Steph. I too used gems for the upgrade. If you're going to take the increase away are you going to refund me gems I used to upgrade the building? If not that's insane. It's Grees error. Deal with the repercussions or refund everyone's gems that paid to upgrade

Charli DW
05-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Are my stats decline when upgrading each lvl of boost building due to the initial glitch even thou Ive already received a 40mil reduction ? Profile screen shows the stats are still un corrected and going up,but opponents attack screen showed them corrected but after each lvl upgrade the stats are declining.By the time I finish upgrading the boost building my stats are going to be lower than before war..Lol

Voxker
05-22-2014, 06:37 PM
i laugh at the ones that used gems to upgrade the buildings, you have plenty of time to do it without gems lmao.

aephlux
05-22-2014, 06:58 PM
I think ppl gemmed the building to get the stats boost faster so that they could use the stat increase for eb. But soon after gree reduced it and i guess players felt cheated about it. If we knew it was going to be like this most probably wouldnt have gemmed but we didnt know, so its understandable that some or most want their gems back. As do i..

SenorSwamp
05-22-2014, 07:13 PM
i laugh at the ones that used gems to upgrade the buildings, you have plenty of time to do it without gems lmao.

If that was the only active quest, I would tend to agree; however, with another active quest that was materially impacted by the stat increase, the market changed. As any economist will tell you, rationale people will make decisions differently when the market is artificially manipulated. In effect, gree was serving as the kingdom age version of Alan Greenspan-- adjusting the availability of EB damage points (interest rates) and driving up the purchase of gems/building upgrades (home purchases). To continue the metaphor-- imagine if the FED reduced interest rates to 1%, you bought a house based on that agreement, then post hoc the government overrode your contract and charged you 10%. You may be fairly upset that you are stuck with that house at that price point and would be rightly irate with the group at fault.

JamieF
05-22-2014, 11:35 PM
CJ, isn't it possible for GREE that there will be NO event for a certain amount of days / a week and that the developers will have time to finally deliver us a well programmed and tested version. It is getting pretty ****ty for the players that every event and update you guys bring up is buggy / glitches or whatever. Players are getting annoyed, you all get a lot of complains (just only watching these threads).

Artorius
05-23-2014, 04:46 AM
Well I used gems and my entire guild did and I know of many guilds already preparing to hit both GREE and I tunes for refunds if our stats go down again after you admit to a mistake on your part. I agree with the above you can not keep altering these games mid way through. If it was a free game fine it is not we are spending our money to again be stung for something that we have not done. You should let this play out. Test them out before release and save all the anger and hassle that you keep causing.

Just4fun
05-23-2014, 06:34 AM
CJ, isn't it possible for GREE that there will be NO event for a certain amount of days / a week and that the developers will have time to finally deliver us a well programmed and tested version. It is getting pretty ****ty for the players that every event and update you guys bring up is buggy / glitches or whatever. Players are getting annoyed, you all get a lot of complains (just only watching these threads).

+1 you guys are paying your developers but who is testing this stuff before releasing it? ALOT of people paid for the upgrade and so did I. Will we be receiving our gems back then?

Totalwar
05-23-2014, 07:23 AM
Some have received there gems back send in a ticket to Gree.

plavine
05-23-2014, 08:15 AM

So , you messed up & to make up for it you alter the rules of a game in the middle, not cool gree , not cool

Quisp
05-24-2014, 06:08 AM
Do you have a test server? may want to invest in one. I am sure you can get a few of us to create additional accounts and get your QC done for FREE!

Totalwar
05-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Seem only top three guilds getting back gems only.i did put a thread all about this but CJ54 didn't like it and deleted the whole thread.

Thick Gibbon
05-24-2014, 02:34 PM
And.............................

SILENCE.

If anybody is in any way unsure about what the outcome will be to their tickets", "complaints" and "stats" the answer is simply tickets & complaints will be ignored and whenever "fix" GREE uses on the stats will be generally unfair.

We need to wake up to the fact that this is a basic, pay to win game that GREE corporation have minimal interest in. I, like many of you, have invested way too much time into this game, at the expense of my job and my family. Now it's time for me to say thank you and **** Off. Good night.