PDA

View Full Version : Funeral Bells Ringing For Kingdom Age / GREE At Last?

Lys
06-09-2014, 10:23 AM
As we are all aware, there have been issues plaguing Kingdom Age, and other GREE owned games (mostly CC and MW as the longest running and former Funio properties) that have led to grief and frustration on the part of us, the consumers. GREE has typically responded in a fashion that leaves us further frustrated, such as increasing requirements for LTQs to compensate for those who exploit and/or cheat on the quests.

Now, fast forward a year later, and we have the following issues, with little to no action/word from GREE, even with forewarning about them.
Hackers
Data consumption issues
Ridiculous standards for quests

Just to name a few. I have reguarly corresponded, albeit rather one-sided, with GREE's Customer Service Department via tickets and follow-up e-mails. (I've sent a lot of these. Usually to no productive end, but I still do it anyways.) In these, I've recently begun to threaten them that I would go to iTunes and contact them to see what could be done.

When the potions came out, people told GREE about this issue. Screenshots were even circulating of individuals with 199,999 potions, yet little word was given (as is typical) and nothing was done. Now, war is here and almost over, and currently the top 14-15 spots are filled with hackers. (Alex, this is you too, even if you are staying below one or two legit users. We've seen your inventory)

I'm done. I contacted Apple's iTunes department this morning and had a rather lovely phone call with a very helpful Customer Service Representative, who had heard similar stories about other apps, but surprisingly had never heard about Kingdom Age or GREE in general; not yet anyways. I did not expect any sort of refund, as typically such an action is rare. She asked to put me on hold for five minutes so that she could confer with her supervisor as to what course of action could be taken. After fifteen minutes of being on hold, she came back with rather surprising news: I was being refunded for the last 90 days of purchases.

With this said and done, the news was passed among my fellow guildmates, and the results were rather astounding. So far all but one individual has received the same, and one particularly long, long-time member of the Kingdom Age community who spends quite a lot (Top 3 Guild levels) informed us that Apple had a special team examining Kingdom Age now.

With more and more of their last 3 months of profit being returned to their players, is this it for Kingdom Age? People have continuously pointed out the flaws and exposed areas of the game, yet you all have refused to put a temporary pause to events to examine your coding and shore up those vulnerabilities. So, I'm done. No more spending from me. Quite a few members of DW have said similar things, and the news is spreading beyond here to others rather quickly, much like wildfire does. I tried, I really did, but after a year and some months of being continuously ignored, consider this me doing the only thing I can to get back at you. Hitting you where it truly hits; your wallet.

Sincerely,

Lys of DW (Formerly The Sailor Scouts) a tired and fed up player.

discprodigy
06-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Well said Lys

Vclone
06-09-2014, 10:33 AM
I hear Taps playing in the background right now

Baela3
06-09-2014, 10:40 AM
*claps* I urged all the folks in my guilds and chat groups to do the same. Contact Apple and get refunds now. If GREE won't hear us and fix it, then our voices need to be heard and our wallets be refilled instead of our energy bars.

What a waste of two plus years

KarenWill
06-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Time to quit this shiet and give CoC more attention

Erageous
06-09-2014, 10:57 AM
I got 3 months refunded to me, won't say how much that was but it's enough to buy a pony and several nice pair of shoes and a gift to my husband for putting up with my spending. I'm sad but at peace over this. This weekend was just painful.

Dannutz
06-09-2014, 11:03 AM
As we are all aware, there have been issues plaguing Kingdom Age, and other GREE owned games (mostly CC and MW as the longest running and former Funio properties) that have led to grief and frustration on the part of us, the consumers. GREE has typically responded in a fashion that leaves us further frustrated, such as increasing requirements for LTQs to compensate for those who exploit and/or cheat on the quests.

Now, fast forward a year later, and we have the following issues, with little to no action/word from GREE, even with forewarning about them.
Hackers
Data consumption issues
Ridiculous standards for quests

Just to name a few. I have reguarly corresponded, albeit rather one-sided, with GREE's Customer Service Department via tickets and follow-up e-mails. (I've sent a lot of these. Usually to no productive end, but I still do it anyways.) In these, I've recently begun to threaten them that I would go to iTunes and contact them to see what could be done.

When the potions came out, people told GREE about this issue. Screenshots were even circulating of individuals with 199,999 potions, yet little word was given (as is typical) and nothing was done. Now, war is here and almost over, and currently the top 14-15 spots are filled with hackers. (Alex, this is you too, even if you are staying below one or two legit users. We've seen your inventory)

I'm done. I contacted Apple's iTunes department this morning and had a rather lovely phone call with a very helpful Customer Service Representative, who had heard similar stories about other apps, but surprisingly had never heard about Kingdom Age or GREE in general; not yet anyways. I did not expect any sort of refund, as typically such an action is rare. She asked to put me on hold for five minutes so that she could confer with her supervisor as to what course of action could be taken. After fifteen minutes of being on hold, she came back with rather surprising news: I was being refunded for the last 90 days of purchases.

With this said and done, the news was passed among my fellow guildmates, and the results were rather astounding. So far all but one individual has received the same, and one particularly long, long-time member of the Kingdom Age community who spends quite a lot (Top 3 Guild levels) informed us that Apple had a special team examining Kingdom Age now.

With more and more of their last 3 months of profit being returned to their players, is this it for Kingdom Age? People have continuously pointed out the flaws and exposed areas of the game, yet you all have refused to put a temporary pause to events to examine your coding and shore up those vulnerabilities. So, I'm done. No more spending from me. Quite a few members of DW have said similar things, and the news is spreading beyond here to others rather quickly, much like wildfire does. I tried, I really did, but after a year and some months of being continuously ignored, consider this me doing the only thing I can to get back at you. Hitting you where it truly hits; your wallet.

Sincerely,

Lys of DW (Formerly The Sailor Scouts) a tired and fed up player.

You said you called? I tried to email but had very little help.

KarenWill
06-09-2014, 11:08 AM
I got 3 months refunded to me, won't say how much that was but it's enough to buy a pony and several nice pair of shoes and a gift to my husband for putting up with my spending. I'm sad but at peace over this. This weekend was just painful.

You've done the right thing

Lys
06-09-2014, 11:12 AM
I believe your region has some impact on whether you can call or e-mail them. I live in the United States, so I was able to give them my phone number, and they called me within a few minutes. I've never liked e-mail at all, it's too easy to be ignored or shoved away. Voice to voice is the closest thing to a face-to-face meeting, which I love.

You said you called? I tried to email but had very little help.

Fromm
06-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Have all of the refunds come from voice contacts or have some gotten refunded via email reporting?

phonix
06-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Just need the top 50 KA spenders to ask for refund now

Shwa
06-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Have all of the refunds come from voice contacts or have some gotten refunded via email reporting?

I got it to work via email 6 months ago.

Just4fun
06-09-2014, 12:13 PM
I just got my gems back for 90 days from Apple iTunes via phone. I wasn't the only one calling them. Lets just say I got enough back to pay for my car payment this month and a little extra for some new Jordan's.

Erageous
06-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Just a side note, the very nice supervisor at iTunes I spoke to warned that continuing to play KA and or spend money on KA would be doing so at your own risk because iTunes will not continue to refund purchases if issues with gree continue to happen or if it ends up gree loses their license to run on iTunes because of the mass number of complaints this weekend.

So if iTunes is telling us to stop dealing with gree, maybe we should start listening.

pissed
06-09-2014, 12:38 PM
I too was refunded 90 days on ALL gree purchases as I also played CC and MW. Thank you Lys. Perhaps if more join in, Gree might actually fix their sht. I also don't wanna talk about my addicted-ness, but lets just say the rep needed his senior manager to approve the refund. I will not be spending another dime on this company.

Vile Lynn
06-09-2014, 12:58 PM
It's a sad day for GREE and KA... maybe GREE will take notice and realize they can't run games this way...
as for me, I'm finally out...
I'll miss the game that I used to love so much, but I'll mostly miss playing with the friends and rivals I've made through the years.
The end.
Best of luck to everybody!! Time for some real life, finally! :)

Voxker
06-09-2014, 02:21 PM
lots of people are fed up, but they still play. whats the point of arguing if nothing gets done from what people say? especially topics like this?

KM KAge
06-09-2014, 02:39 PM
It's a sad day for GREE and KA... maybe GREE will take notice and realize they can't run games this way...
I'll miss the game that I used to love so much, but I'll mostly miss playing with the friends and rivals I've made through the years.
The end.

Best of luck to you in real life. Take care and enjoy the fresh air.

Shadows
06-09-2014, 03:18 PM
The end.

Ah, hell, Vile Lynn, Ima miss your posts :-( Thx for begin such a great contributor and for caring about the game/community so much! I only wish you felt that your enthusiasm for the game was appreciated and rewarded by Gree in some game fixes...

Enjoy real life--The next cold one's on me!

stooper
06-09-2014, 05:00 PM
I along with others are getting very annoyed with "improvements", we all know about the hackers and potion issue, it not rocket science. When player x has 250 potions just as event becomes live u know its hack same with boxes this is bigger issue,plus when you see a player with over 2500 weapons or amour. Do something, then publish your way of dealing with hacker don't keep it quite.
Like most I know gree wants to make profit, however with lastest "fix", has increased all players data use, thus a over reaction to a issue causing a high drop out rate of players not playing, either gree needs to imbrace the glitch or look at why people use this. I personally belive that the glitch should stay, then say increase the rewards for gem users, i.e the weekly Les events or great units.

Ratma2001
06-09-2014, 05:35 PM
The end.

Finally!, welcome to the real world again Vile, its been a blast the last couple of years , its been good having your input when we first started in the Guilds, thanks for everything, your insight and wisdom is never forgotten.
Great to see so many take a step in the right direction on this game.Enjoy the remainder of whats left

Skyraiders
06-09-2014, 07:06 PM
The end.

Best of luck to you.....you have always had my respect of your points of view even if we didn't always see eye to eye......welcome to the .....hmmmmm.....other side!!!

Skyraiders
06-09-2014, 07:06 PM
The end.

Best of luck to you.....you have always had my respect of your points of view even if we didn't always see eye to eye......welcome to the .....hmmmmm.....other side!!!

Edit: not sure how that happened....lol

Allegra
06-10-2014, 06:11 AM
I along with others are getting very annoyed with "improvements", we all know about the hackers and potion issue, it not rocket science. When player x has 250 potions just as event becomes live u know its hack same with boxes this is bigger issue,plus when you see a player with over 2500 weapons or amour. Do something, then publish your way of dealing with hacker don't keep it quite.

Although I agree with the general point you try to make about reporting the hackers, I have to say you have some flows in your post and reporting someone by using as proof the fact that he/she has 2500 weapons/armors is not going to lead anywhere. I play KA for long before guilds were introduced and this is one of the games I always played for free. However, for a period of time I was very, very active, in order to be able to do my part in a competitive guild. I have around 2000 pieces of w/a and this is only because at some point, in order to keep a low level, I stopped killing mobs outside LTQs, otherwise I would probably had at least double by now. About the potions, I have to say I am half retired for some months now and I still managed to get 26 potions for this war in one hour, without hacks or glitches or whatever. If you know the game and you think outside the box, you can get them without breaking any rule or using any glitch. To conclude, I completely agree hackers should be removed from the game, but I am against accusing people for knowing how to use the game in their favor.

Gal
06-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Just a side note, the very nice supervisor at iTunes I spoke to warned that continuing to play KA and or spend money on KA would be doing so at your own risk because iTunes will not continue to refund purchases if issues with gree continue to happen or if it ends up gree loses their license to run on iTunes because of the mass number of complaints this weekend.

So if iTunes is telling us to stop dealing with gree, maybe we should start listening.

I also received that warning from the Supervisor. My Customer Service rep requested that we provide feedback to ITunes to assist with their investigation.

The link is: http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

I sincerely hope that Gree will post some sort of comment within the game as not everyone reads these forums or even knows that they exist.

HayeZeus
06-10-2014, 08:45 AM
I don't play KA but heard there were lots of issues going on this past weekend, so its interesting to see that GREEs nonsense is universal.

I got a full refund for every penny I spent on MW this past weekend. Full refund, not just a few months worth - every penny. Thousands. Took 1 email.

Get your money back and run people

Vile Lynn
06-10-2014, 09:29 AM
http://www.crunchbase.com/person/yoshikazu-tanaka

^^ GREE's CEO, think he cares?
think he's even been told about this mess yet?

Lys
06-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Unless you've spent all the money you have in the last 3 months only, then I doubt that, as the supervisor informed me that they can't even go back beyond that, as it is out of their control.

However, there are still plenty others who have spent a lot in that timeframe. Even though a lot of my refund was in pure store credit, I'm not dropping a penny back on GREE. I'll just have to find some other thing that might be worth dropping a 4 digit figure on, but GREE is not an option anymore.

Shame. Tried for months to talk with Cust Service and on the forums, but y'all just never listened. I used to look forward to playing Kingdom Age, too. If only the US branch could remove itself from the Japanese main office, it would do wonders for the team at GREE Int'l I think.

I don't play KA but heard there were lots of issues going on this past weekend, so its interesting to see that GREEs nonsense is universal.

I got a full refund for every penny I spent on MW this past weekend. Full refund, not just a few months worth - every penny. Thousands. Took 1 email.

Get your money back and run people

2000y2k
06-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Apple has stopped refunds for Gree products due to the massive amount of requests. They have filed a complaint with Gree headquarters and are launching a full scale investigation. According to the manager I talked with.

Said they had received over 3,000 request for refunds. Manager said next step they will take is prohibit cash sales for ingame products on all Gree products until this is all sorted out. Manager recommended not to purchase any more products ingame until I was called back with an update.

Would be good news if true to force Gree to correct their games or stop taking players cash.

Samskill
06-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Think GREE is taking a Kamikaze approach on this. Instead of taking time off to remedy the problem, they launch 2 or 3 quest immediately after the war.
Good luck to them as they might score a few, but will eventually lost everything.
Sayonara.

HayeZeus
06-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Unless you've spent all the money you have in the last 3 months only, then I doubt that, as the supervisor informed me that they can't even go back beyond that, as it is out of their control.

However, there are still plenty others who have spent a lot in that timeframe. Even though a lot of my refund was in pure store credit, I'm not dropping a penny back on GREE. I'll just have to find some other thing that might be worth dropping a 4 digit figure on, but GREE is not an option anymore.

Shame. Tried for months to talk with Cust Service and on the forums, but y'all just never listened. I used to look forward to playing Kingdom Age, too. If only the US branch could remove itself from the Japanese main office, it would do wonders for the team at GREE Int'l I think.

Not sure what to tell you man, but I got a full refund. I've bought 1 vault in the last 4 months and I received a refund for every penny I've spent with Gree. I have a huge balance of iTunes credit because of the iTunes cards I bought, and the rest is showing as a credit on my credit card balance right now.

KarenWill
06-10-2014, 02:26 PM
http://www.crunchbase.com/person/yoshikazu-tanaka

^^ GREE's CEO, think he cares?
think he's even been told about this mess yet?

He doesn't looks like he gives a ****k :)