PDA

View Full Version : ****attention gree**** (tadaah please read)

grantsmith1
06-10-2014, 04:15 AM
GREE I think the time has come for you to change the way you do things and improve communication with the player community. This war has to act as a wake up call I would like to suggest that a regular monthly meeting is scheduled where a GREE representative is available to discuss game/player issues with a selected group of players representatives. How this group should be made up im sure will cause much debate but my suggestion would be that the group is made up of:-

the founders of the top 3 guilds
the founders of the top team in each bracket i.e top 10/25/50 etc

that way a cross-section of all viewpoints of the game is represented plus the representatives would change each meeting as rankings change.
At this meeting players representatives would bring up issues troubling the KA players community and the Gree rep could give feedback on issues with the game and how issues could be resolved, also progress reports on issues brought up in previous meetings.

Anyway just my suggestion ..right now the players feel completely isolated from GREE due to the lack of mod interaction in the forums and the awful generic customer service replies we get to any ticket raised. Im sure some will like this idea and others will rip it to shreds but SOMETHING has to change or things will never improve. If anyone else has a better idea feel free to share im open to all ideas

Gal
06-10-2014, 08:12 AM
GREE I think the time has come for you to change the way you do things and improve communication with the player community. This war has to act as a wake up call I would like to suggest that a regular monthly meeting is scheduled where a GREE representative is available to discuss game/player issues with a selected group of players representatives. How this group should be made up im sure will cause much debate but my suggestion would be that the group is made up of:-

the founders of the top 3 guilds
the founders of the top team in each bracket i.e top 10/25/50 etc

that way a cross-section of all viewpoints of the game is represented plus the representatives would change each meeting as rankings change.
At this meeting players representatives would bring up issues troubling the KA players community and the Gree rep could give feedback on issues with the game and how issues could be resolved, also progress reports on issues brought up in previous meetings.

Anyway just my suggestion ..right now the players feel completely isolated from GREE due to the lack of mod interaction in the forums and the awful generic customer service replies we get to any ticket raised. Im sure some will like this idea and others will rip it to shreds but SOMETHING has to change or things will never improve. If anyone else has a better idea feel free to share im open to all ideas

I agree, and have requested this via the 100 Founders group which essentially includes all of the people. Grant suggested and more. Please GREE have someone contact me as I am the founder and spokesperson for this group. We would love to have a representative join.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
06-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Never going to happen and if it did, based on the track record, what good would it do?
Face it, the time has come.

grantsmith1
06-10-2014, 09:05 AM
There you go GREE you have the perfect group all ready to consult with ... come on seriously its about time you started to communicate with us better and this seems like the perfect option ...

06-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Here's a crazy idea...how about a link that takes you directly to the forums FROM INSIDE THE GAME?! I seriously cannot fathom why they haven't done this. Do you know how many players don't even know these forums exist? Just combine the "Add Allies" and "Visit Allies" into one, and add a "Forums" or "Community" button. That way when you have information to share, announcements to make, or a discussion to be had, everyone has the same opportunity to express their opinions. You can mention the Forum's existence in a pop-up window during an announcement. It's simple, it's easy, and it's fair. Then, all you have to do is...yep, moderate the forum. Every community manages to moderate their forums, Gree needs to step up and do it too.

Allegra
06-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Here's a crazy idea...how about a link that takes you directly to the forums FROM INSIDE THE GAME?! I seriously cannot fathom why they haven't done this. Do you know how many players don't even know these forums exist? Just combine the "Add Allies" and "Visit Allies" into one, and add a "Forums" or "Community" button. That way when you have information to share, announcements to make, or a discussion to be had, everyone has the same opportunity to express their opinions. You can mention the Forum's existence in a pop-up window during an announcement. It's simple, it's easy, and it's fair. Then, all you have to do is...yep, moderate the forum. Every community manages to moderate their forums, Gree needs to step up and do it too.

Any player who don't know about the forum is a player who is not really interested in the game. Not only that Funzio Forum is mentioned in Funzio ID section, but there is direct link to the forum in the Help/FAQ section.There are also links to facebook community, twitter, youtube and so on. Gree has many faults, but you can not blame them because people don't even bother to read the ingame info.

06-10-2014, 10:03 AM
First of all, a "mention" (with no link) in the "Funzio ID" section of all places doesn't even make sense. And going to "Support", then "FAQ", then having to scroll down past screens and screens and screens of information until you reach the bottom where it mentions the out-dated Funzio link to the forums that you have to leave the game and cut-and-paste into your browser to be redirected to the actual Gree forum link is about the least intuitive way humanly possible to share the forums with players. Come on now.

Allegra
06-10-2014, 10:17 AM
First of all, a "mention" (with no link) in the "Funzio ID" section of all places doesn't even make sense. And going to "Support", then "FAQ", then having to scroll down past screens and screens and screens of information until you reach the bottom where it mentions the out-dated Funzio link to the forums that you have to leave the game and cut-and-paste into your browser to be redirected to the actual Gree forum link is about the least intuitive way humanly possible to share the forums with players. Come on now.
I am not trying to argue, but I think this game has real problems to be solved. Nobody will ever force you to read around if you are not doing it yourself. Is not even necessary to google "Kingdom age"...
All the info is out there, even on iTune page when you download the game. I play this game for almost 2 years and I found the forum in day 1.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kingdom-age/id483011479?mt=8

06-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Well, I'm glad you did. I did as well. But the thing is, the people who are in these forums are the minority, not the majority. And if there's to be better communication, I'd like it to be for everyone to find and use, casual gamers and hardcore gamers alike.

the_bob
06-10-2014, 10:50 AM
So much optimism in this post. It's cute. Like a puppy drowning in a river. It's cute, but it's sad because you know it won't last long.

Tadaaah
06-10-2014, 11:38 AM
There are some really great points in this thread. You are right; forums in general aren't the majority. There are other places the community lives: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc. I wish I was good enough after a week of being in these forums to make them magically the best place on earth. Any changes will be slow as this team grows. The goal is to make more communication across the board; that includes Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. The core is here in the forums. While there is some merit to the OP's suggestion (with the number of existing games), that doesn't seem plausible at this time. I would definitely like to see a program that invites players to be communicate more directly with us in the future. I know you don't want to hear it, but it will take time.

Lys
06-10-2014, 11:51 AM
I will say that, for being thrown to the wolves to fend on your own, you've been trying extremely hard. I'm staying a free player, but I'm curious as to how your inclusion to their company will play out. The fact your work was on ReBirth XIV impressed me, so I do hold some high hopes for it. Good luck, Tadaaah.

There are some really great points in this thread. You are right; forums in general aren't the majority. There are other places the community lives: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc. I wish I was good enough after a week of being in these forums to make them magically the best place on earth. Any changes will be slow as this team grows. The goal is to make more communication across the board; that includes Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. The core is here in the forums. While there is some merit to the OP's suggestion (with the number of existing games), that doesn't seem plausible at this time. I would definitely like to see a program that invites players to be communicate more directly with us in the future. I know you don't want to hear it, but it will take time.

Tojo
06-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Tadaaah nice to see new blood. I wish
You the best of luck but I can tell you
From others in your position you will need
To be dillegent and visible I am with a
Middle lvl guild, my priorities are quite
Different that the top 10 and I am sure
Quite different than the bottom 10.

These guilds will help you if you let them
I always amazed at how much these
Players know of how this game works

Good luck!

Tadaaah
06-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Players will always be the experts and I look forward to learning from everyone.