PDA

View Full Version : Tree Forts

Krayt
07-29-2014, 09:06 AM
Tadaaah, I know in another thread you asked if the Tree Forts were a benefit to the game and some people said yes, with myself being the only no. I don't recall the thread but I wanted to give an explanation as to why the Tree Forts are not good for the game.

First, I want to address the issue that someone said they are strategic.
This may be true if you have someone in the level range that can attack a persons Tree Forts to destroy them to lower their defences by 30 million. Only really strategic in war, but the time it would take someone to possibly find them might not make it the best use of time during a one hour war.

So, why do I not view the Tree Forts as a positive in KA.
Break the players down into four categories. The players that are 200million in attack/defence don't see much significant change by who they can and can not attack/raid already. Most of these players are either way ahead or behind so 30 million defence is nice to have it's not a game changer.

The players in the 100-200m a/d range will see some change as to certain players they used to hit but no longer can. It causes for some adjustment but nothing extreme.

Players under 100m see the biggest change in the game. Opponents are given 30m defence that now make players untouchable that they battled before. The game did not have an attack to offset this huge defence increase so these players were/are faced with the biggest change. More players than the other two groups saw a lose in available targets in war. Players they used to attack in war are no longer able to attack. Higher stat players would say that is part of the game but never before has such a dramatic stat jump been introduced. Ex...

When Gree gives out a bonus it is usually for a specific category with a percentage. When a boost is awarded the average player at most sees a jump of million give or take. After a war when all bonus units are given out, how many see their stats increase 30m? If anyone has, it would be a really small number. Tree Forts let everyone do this, some that didn't even have 30m in total stats prior could do this. It's an unprecedented jump that never saw an attack boost to unset the defence boost.

Last group affected are new players.
New players have missed out on various limited time builds before, most are money buildings but there is also a magic and beast boost. Eventually those boosts could be greater than 30m but at the beginning it is next to impossible for a new player to overcome those Tree Forts. A new player would have to camp for months in a guild to be able to build stats to compete. Good luck for a new player to find a guild that will allow that.

Personally, my stats were almost dead even a/d before the Tree Forts. Now with Gree's focus on defence and the Tree Forts, my stats are lopsided by about 40. The last couple wars I have noticed players I used to hit are no longer in my range as 30m has made a big defence. My character has adapted but it is near impossible for new players.

GetItFixed
07-29-2014, 09:19 AM
Not good for people that don t spend much money or even go free?! Newsflash: Paying Customers keeping this game alive!

Peter Raistlin Majere
07-29-2014, 09:20 AM
I completly agree with Krayt, I am one of small players, with attack around 9 mil, it is hard to take someone down.....for me it is not atractive to fight in war anymore

garen argon
07-29-2014, 09:48 AM
krayt or other..please clarify

i thought the tree fort only was active against raiding and has no impact on overall atk/def in wars.

Alexius
07-29-2014, 10:14 AM
It does have an impact on stats. Every defense building is added into your defense score. This score is what counts during attacks. The defense buildings will only protect the other buildings in it's defense range when it comes to raids.

Krayt
07-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Not good for people that don t spend much money or even go free?! Newsflash: Paying Customers keeping this game alive!

Sorry but your point in reference to the thread has absolutely no relevance.
If anything you add to my point. Why would a new player spend money when they are behind the eight ball right off the bat.

VileDoom
07-29-2014, 11:17 AM
I like my tree forts, they keep the vultures away. Besides, if you don't have enough attack to beat them, buy more. GREEdy wins again.

Edit:

My biggest disappointment is that they didn't give us the ability to purchase 5 like normal defensive buildings.

Krayt
07-31-2014, 08:35 PM
Tadaaah
I was hoping this would create dialogue with you. Maybe this can lead to future discussion about things in the game.

Jason SS
07-31-2014, 10:30 PM
I agree with Krayt on this and would even say the problem is deeper than just the Tree Fort - it seems that over approximately the last 2 months there has been a shift in prize distribution and the prizes achievable for the masses have defensive boosts and only the elite prizes have attack boosts. For example, the last several wars all attack boosts have been in the top 75 and up, and defensive boosts top 100 and below.

Attack prizes should be more common and easier to achieve than the defensive ones so that the majority of players have an attack about 20% higher than their defense. During wars this would allow most people to have a decent target when matched against a guild of similar strength. It would also spice up pvp by allowing rivalries between players instead of just big guys beating up on little guys.

PedroPimples
08-03-2014, 12:14 PM
I agree with krayt. I fall into the category where it doesn't make to much of a difference to who I can attack and generally have good targets in war, yet the defence is rising to much compared to attack. If this trend continues it won't be long before I start losing a lot of targets, and that's with over 200m stats below level 150.

The inbalance is causing a real issue in the game, especially at low levels. My minis are pretty much disregarded now, even though they were gem using accounts.
There is zero attractiveness of the game to potential new customers now, as they start in theory with a -30m deficit to make up.

VileDoom
08-04-2014, 12:04 AM
There is zero attractiveness of the game to potential new customers now, as they start in theory with a -30m deficit to make up.

Every second you aren't playing you are being left in the shadows regardless if it be a new player or veteran. I've been playing for 2 years now and have people on my allies list that used to be top of the top but took a break or quit and would never be able to recover due to the stat inflation. The biggest advantage a new player to the game has is ignorance to the overall problems. Lol

Unfortunately balance can never be incorporated into a pay to win game.

Helvius Pertinax
08-04-2014, 05:57 AM
Every second you aren't playing you are being left in the shadows regardless if it be a new player or veteran. I've been playing for 2 years now and have people on my allies list that used to be top of the top but took a break or quit and would never be able to recover due to the stat inflation. The biggest advantage a new player to the game has is ignorance to the overall problems. Lol

Unfortunately balance can never be incorporated into a pay to win game.

Look, it's obvious what is going on here. Compare with another Gree game, developed more recently, Legends at War (formerly Dragon Realms). In that game, units have had higher Defence than attack for months. Players can only select 9 hits for PVPs. The result? In wars you typically have players with higher def than attack, and everyone has basically the same attack rang and def range, even compared to too guilds. Consequently, to win PVPs you have to mega, and if in a top guild that means spending gems to mega. This is the future of KA. Players will get great defense boosts, and consistently be offered units that, on average, give thousands more in def and def boosts than in attack. The strategy is obvious: force the players to gem mega in wars. Mystery solved. And now to see who you really are (removes Tadaah's mask)... Old man Sirius! "And I would've gotten away with it too, if it werent for you meddling kids."

VileDoom
08-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Look, it's obvious what is going on here. Compare with another Gree game, developed more recently, Legends at War (formerly Dragon Realms). In that game, units have had higher Defence than attack for months. Players can only select 9 hits for PVPs. The result? In wars you typically have players with higher def than attack, and everyone has basically the same attack rang and def range, even compared to too guilds. Consequently, to win PVPs you have to mega, and if in a top guild that means spending gems to mega. This is the future of KA. Players will get great defense boosts, and consistently be offered units that, on average, give thousands more in def and def boosts than in attack. The strategy is obvious: force the players to gem mega in wars. Mystery solved. And now to see who you really are (removes Tadaah's mask)... Old man Sirius! "And I would've gotten away with it too, if it werent for you meddling kids."

Besides, if you don't have enough attack to beat them, buy more. GREEdy wins again.

It's almost like I was reading your mind.

plavine
08-04-2014, 12:15 PM
I missed the other thread , so ill comment here. I have noticed a slight change in my large account 105a/120d
In my small acct 16/21 there was a big difference , especially in the last war. You can still rob buildings not covered by the forts , but the amount of players that my small account can attack was reduced quite a bit. I have seen a lot of players whose defense is 30 mil higher than their attack & since the war matchups are by total attack this means it is tuff to find attack targets. My guilds 20-30 mil attack players had lots of trouble in the last war