PDA

View Full Version : Win streaks in versus - tips and thoughts

Weepit the Only II
08-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Any tips, hints, tricks, strategies for winning streaks in versus?

i am finding that after I win about 10 it soon becomes impossible so I'm just letting streak die and I start over (less money spent too).

also, after I win 2 or 3 battles I never ever attack top 2 rivals, I don't even bother to look as it seems they are always far stronger than me. Sadly most are hacker accounts I see over and over. They are unranked in VS and have the double Lenin and Orontes always. Shame they can't be removed from matchups completely.

I've tried replacing some of my top units with common junk to get matchups I can win but it doesn't help. I'm stuck in hacker hell I guess.

dolmat182
08-21-2014, 09:56 AM
I know how you feel dude...happens to me too..and i could not get a perfect balance in setting up a proper squad..any tips there?

And i hate those orontes and nessus...too damn overpowered even against tanks..whats up with that??it only state good against infantry..

Amadeus
08-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Any tips, hints, tricks, strategies for winning streaks in versus?

i am finding that after I win about 10 it soon becomes impossible so I'm just letting streak die and I start over (less money spent too).

also, after I win 2 or 3 battles I never ever attack top 2 rivals, I don't even bother to look as it seems they are always far stronger than me. Sadly most are hacker accounts I see over and over. They are unranked in VS and have the double Lenin and Orontes always. Shame they can't be removed from matchups completely.

I've tried replacing some of my top units with common junk to get matchups I can win but it doesn't help. I'm stuck in hacker hell I guess.
Just because you don't see them ranked in versus does not mean they are hackers. They still haven't 100 percent fixed versus mode yet. A lot of times I go against my own alliance team mates in versus and it doesn't even have a rank on them and I know they are not hackers. Also my real life close friend is in my alliance and sometimes I go against him in versus and it doesn't show a versus rank for him even though he is in top 100 or 200. So just because they are not showing a rank in versus does not make them hackers.

The best tip I can give you guys is that it isn't necessarily about how strong your units are, its about counter measure, basically knowing how to counter each units and knowing their weaknesses. EVERY unit has a weakness, you just have to figure it out. At the very beginning of the game you are taught how to counter each units. With new stronger units now available, you have to be creative and use strategy. Try adding a strong alliance member to your friends list so you can practice fighting them for free without having to waste any resources. Folks back when invasion was harder than it is now, I used to be able to dominate the lvl 10 mission having two uncommon units that were a necessity to the squad I used to have. That's al I got. Thanks

Benevolence, INC
Commanding Officer for Destruction,Inc.

Obamallama
08-21-2014, 02:13 PM
I always pick the team that I counter the best as previously said. I often ignore the hard medium easy and take the team I feel comfortable fighting.

And on hackers, Sometimes there are high ranked people with horrible teams so..... I guess it makes up for some of the hackers

tmp922
08-21-2014, 03:05 PM
The ranking system really have bugs. In the first days of this week,I could not see my rank.Then in the following days,my rank dropped even after my continuous victory, with a rank of 60000+. One or two days ago, it seemed come back to normal. While I have wasted all the energy cans Ive stocked for so long time just because of the bug.

Weepit the Only II
08-22-2014, 10:53 AM
I totally understand not all are hackers but I see a TON of these ridiculous UR parties. I can't believe that many folks spent thousands of dollars and don't play at all already. Many even have the word "hack" in their names!

more troublesome is this cap on streaks. I'm in the top 20 so I've played a ton this week and only once had a great streak - 30. Otherwise once I get to 10-15 range all 3 opponents are always unbeatable. They put up the same users over and over too, so I know I'm toast. That doesn't seem right to me, but others may disagree.

Weepit the Only II
08-22-2014, 10:56 AM
As for countermeasures I just can't beat teams with 2 lenins. I get them constantly. I have a full UR party earned the hard way and the lenins destroy it. I have level 50 black flag and 2 Orontes and they get smoked.

Obamallama
08-22-2014, 02:46 PM
As for countermeasures I just can't beat teams with 2 lenins. I get them constantly. I have a full UR party earned the hard way and the lenins destroy it. I have level 50 black flag and 2 Orontes and they get smoked.

Lemons reach is just so powerful. I love how in its description it is described as durable despite its attack being its best part