PDA

View Full Version : Epic Boss Battle Strategy

Bloodanguts
08-25-2014, 12:46 AM
This thread is for any thoughts or ideas and observations on Epic Boss Battles and the strategy involved.
I am new to these battles but already see some strategy involved.
Please post here your questions, tips and tricks and thoughts on anything.
My first impression of this event is there's no real benefit to helping others in their battles, I have helped out quite a bit and never received any points.
I believe the battles are going to get much harder and having some allies is gonna help.
Feel free to add anything you might think will help with point accumulation.

Happy hunting

Bloodanguts
Go Strodiumdogs ,!!!

Obamallama
08-25-2014, 01:29 AM
I also have a feeling it'll get harder and take multiple attempts to beat by yourself .

I've also found that choppers work wonders.

I'm on the level 8 boss and they still use all level 1 guys. Is this happening to everyone else?

Bloodanguts
08-25-2014, 02:39 AM
Yeah, all low level guys.
What alse I have figured is if you make your epic battles public, somebody bum rushes the game and you will get the very minimalist points. They swoop in and kill the boss and get all your points.

Obamallama
08-25-2014, 05:02 AM
Yeah, all low level guys.
What alse I have figured is if you make your epic battles public, somebody bum rushes the game and you will get the very minimalist points. They swoop in and kill the boss and get all your points.

Yeah but I've only seen low levels in there. When the levels are hard and everyone gets a few thousand then you'll be grateful

Big John
08-25-2014, 05:08 AM
What level do you need to be to trigger boss?

Chillingvalkerie
08-25-2014, 09:03 AM
What level do you need to be to trigger boss?

I can't find anything that even relates to big boss battle or how to activate when alliance member 'needs help with boss battle'!!

Bloodanguts
08-25-2014, 10:29 AM
It would seem that some people did not get the update, you should be able to click on a button in "play" it should show up "Boss" right under versus and campaign.

Chillingvalkerie
08-25-2014, 10:35 AM
It would seem that some people did not get the update, you should be able to click on a button in "play" it should show up "Boss" right under versus and campaign.

Figured that was the case. I'm hopin they'll send out another update as I really don't fancy installing the game again, losing all my stuff and starting over, that would seriously suck!! :(

Bloodanguts
08-25-2014, 12:36 PM
I think I'm on to the scam! I haven't tryed it yet, so tell me if I'm wrong. I have been noticing that when I have asked for help that the game is over before any of my units even reach the base. I think others are using the fast forward button and ending the battle and grabing the first to strike the last to strike and the MVP of the battle leaving me with zilch. Is this it? Of course yur not going to let the cat out of the bag. But let's play fair guys. I can't belive I'm the one suggesting to play fair, I am the biggest hipocrite. Lmao

Obamallama
08-25-2014, 03:23 PM
I think I'm on to the scam! I haven't tryed it yet, so tell me if I'm wrong. I have been noticing that when I have asked for help that the game is over before any of my units even reach the base. I think others are using the fast forward button and ending the battle and grabing the first to strike the last to strike and the MVP of the battle leaving me with zilch. Is this it? Of course yur not going to let the cat out of the bag. But let's play fair guys. I can't belive I'm the one suggesting to play fair, I am the biggest hipocrite. Lmao

That's not a scam. What they're doing is finishing the level before you do.

And why would you be a hypocrite for saying play fair...

Bloodanguts
08-25-2014, 04:50 PM
Ok let me make myself clear. There's got to be something funny going on because the battle just starts and before I can get any units to the base, the game is over. How in the world can you beat a level 10 epic boss before I can get a fast moving tank down the field?
They got to be using the fast forward button and a maxed out Pegasus. And I a hipocrite because I'm always looking for the angle. Lmao

Tadaaah
08-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Are you making your battles public? If so, other players maybe helping you complete the battle before you get in there. Additionally, using the fast forward button can make a battle go very quickly. We are looking at ways to improve on this for future events.

Obamallama
08-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Ok let me make myself clear. There's got to be something funny going on because the battle just starts and before I can get any units to the base, the game is over. How in the world can you beat a level 10 epic boss before I can get a fast moving tank down the field?
They got to be using the fast forward button and a maxed out Pegasus. And I a hipocrite because I'm always looking for the angle. Lmao

It's probably level 200 players using 2 moral to deploy units instantly. They're looking for a way to use their moral and get any extra points since defeating officers give you 0.00003 points per battle but even a low achieving person in a boss can get a few hundred for a few moral

UnabatedDeath
08-25-2014, 06:55 PM
just don't make it public. right now I can wipe through it all easily every hour. It will soon come to the point that you have to have a lot of help to finish. Cant wait to work with alliance to beat the really hard ones.

Bloodanguts
08-26-2014, 01:44 AM
Yeah, I'm starting to get the hang of it. I found a squad that works real well. From epic 19 to 28 I only needed one morale to beat the boss, it's getting a lot harder. I was enjoying the 14 to 15 thousand points per epic battle. Now it looks like I will need at least 2 morale to defeat the epic.

Bayu
08-26-2014, 03:32 AM
Yeah, I'm starting to get the hang of it. I found a squad that works real well. From epic 19 to 28 I only needed one morale to beat the boss, it's getting a lot harder. I was enjoying the 14 to 15 thousand points per epic battle. Now it looks like I will need at least 2 morale to defeat the epic.

What units do you use?

Bloodanguts
08-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Hey Bayu, your in my allience. You have seen my squad. But recently I have had to modify my squad. It's getting hairy out there. I am now using 3 rocket squads and 3 choppers. Works very well, only need one morale to defeat epic level 30.

Bloodanguts
08-26-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm using 3 rocket squads and 3 choppers now. Level 31 epic. Beating it in one try. But it's getting closer to my base every level. But it's cool when you stop him, the spinning wheel comes off and it quits moving after that it shooting fish in a barrell.
Go Strontuiumdogs

BaziOne
08-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Specifically which rocket squads and which choppers if you don't mind telling? :). For example are you talking about L40 UC Rocket Squads?

Amadeus
08-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Specifically which rocket squads and which choppers if you don't mind telling? :). For example are you talking about L40 UC Rocket Squads?

Any rocket squad Uncommon to super rare will prove to be effective. Especially if you have 2 or more in your squad. Also if you have flame throwers, they are basically made to kill bosses.

BenevolenceINC
Commanding Officer

Bloodanguts
08-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Great answer. I hope they mix it up for next boss battle, this one was surprisingly easy. Maybe it's that I got better experince and units or more confidence. Instead of a mega tank every week, they should come out with "Transformer" type enemy's. Like a huge robot that transformers to a tank or vs versus. I got to quit smoking that stuff. Lmao

P.S. Any fully maxed rocket squads should help, but as for choppers, I used. Rare fully maxed Pheonix, a lvl 30 Pegasus, lvl 30 Bakloovas dream. I don't think there was any air defense, I don't watch the screen, I watch my supply buttons, I usually rock the game at 3X the speed. But the Pheonix is a killer, it has extreme range and its smart, it just don't dive into the fire, it will nuke ya from downtown Freddy Malone.

P.P.S. Right now i am on level 39 and still rocking the 3 rocket squads and 3 choppers, grabbing 20,000 points a wack, no help. Only one morale to win.

Obamallama
08-27-2014, 12:06 AM
Great answer. I hope they mix it up for next boss battle, this one was surprisingly easy. Maybe it's that I got better experince and units or more confidence. Instead of a mega tank every week, they should come out with "Transformer" type enemy's. Like a huge robot that transformers to a tank or vs versus. I got to quit smoking that stuff. Lmao

P.S. Any fully maxed rocket squads should help, but as for choppers, I used. Rare fully maxed Pheonix, a lvl 30 Pegasus, lvl 30 Bakloovas dream. I don't think there was any air defense, I don't watch the screen, I watch my supply buttons, I usually rock the game at 3X the speed. But the Pheonix is a killer, it has extreme range and its smart, it just don't dive into the fire, it will nuke ya from downtown Freddy Malone.

P.P.S. Right now i am on level 39 and still rocking the 3 rocket squads and 3 choppers, grabbing 20,000 points a wack, no help. Only one morale to win.

They do have air defence but it's pitiful. "Your air technology is useless" they said. Helicopters work wonders. I'm on level 27 and I haven't struggled with one yet. All I have is a level 20 lenins reach and a ton of durable units. Someone in my alliance uses durable tanks (even the UC Trotsky) and tons of artillery (even UC selim) and does tons of damage.

BaziOne
08-27-2014, 03:23 PM
The first boss event is usually pretty easy - but if it follows other games it will get stupid hard really quick unfortunately

Irwin Nardo
08-27-2014, 04:31 PM

What is your rotation? I'm still having a difficult time on the bosses. level 29 at the moment.

BaziOne
08-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Anyone else getting the "WAIT" on units so you can't deploy them? I'm seeing that near the end of a boss battle. Guess it means I've reached the max # for that unit and I can't deploy any more until 1 is destroyed?

Obamallama
08-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Anyone else getting the "WAIT" on units so you can't deploy them? I'm seeing that near the end of a boss battle. Guess it means I've reached the max # for that unit and I can't deploy any more until 1 is destroyed?

I've gotten those in normal battles when I deploy everything at Once and I already have tons of units. It's not specific to bosses

Bfozs
08-28-2014, 04:10 AM
This thread is for any thoughts or ideas and observations on Epic Boss Battles and the strategy involved.
I am new to these battles but already see some strategy involved.
Please post here your questions, tips and tricks and thoughts on anything.
My first impression of this event is there's no real benefit to helping others in their battles, I have helped out quite a bit and never received any points.
I believe the battles are going to get much harder and having some allies is gonna help.
Feel free to add anything you might think will help with point accumulation.

Happy hunting

Bloodanguts
Go Strodiumdogs ,!!!

I've found that artillery like a selim v can destroy a cannon tower without it shooting you and the units arnt lvl1 etc if u check out the actual stats they are stronger than lvl 1 troops

Bruno Zanelatto
08-28-2014, 11:44 AM
I can't upgrade my level anymore in boss battle. I don't know what happens but the soldiers and the boss is not loading... Someone can help me? Thanks

Bloodanguts
08-28-2014, 12:08 PM
I can't upgrade my level anymore in boss battle. I don't know what happens but the soldiers and the boss is not loading... Someone can help me? Thanks

There seem to be lots of bugs going around, it's a new event. I guess it takes a while to iron out the kinks. But, the epic peters out at level 50, there is no level 51. But you should still be able to replay this epic over and over. It should still load, sounds like another bug report. That's a bummer, there's a lot of guys that didn't even get the update.

Edgecrusher43
08-29-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm getting stuck a lot, maybe because I'm not buying a lot of extra stuff that I could use to pass levels. I'm using what I have, don't have many vehicles that are up to a 40 or 50 yet.

Bfozs
08-30-2014, 06:31 AM
What is your rotation? I'm still having a difficult time on the bosses. level 29 at the moment.

The bosses are easy cause if u have 3 rocket squad groups and spawn them constantly the mega tank just stops giving time for choppers and artillery grind it down

Obamallama
08-30-2014, 11:27 PM
The bosses are easy cause if u have 3 rocket squad groups and spawn them constantly the mega tank just stops giving time for choppers and artillery grind it down
The boss tanks need chemical weapons.

Bfozs
08-31-2014, 11:59 PM
The boss tanks need chemical weapons.

The attack or actual tank needs chemical weapons if u mean tank i think the second last stage is chemical weapons and it does a fair bit of dmg but u have 3 lines of infantry destroyed to 1 due to chemical weapons it does pack a punch