PDA

View Full Version : Road to ruin

hellscaretaker
09-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Be interested to know how you beat this level this my brick wall at present, I know my units are not strong enough so what do I need to aim for?

eagleProphet
09-22-2014, 02:55 PM
What are your top 10 units? Maybe we could find a configuration that would work. Here is one way that works with a 59sec clear time:

Me: Lvl2
Me: Lvl3
Enemy: Death's Head (SR) 38
Enemy: Toxotai (SR) 38
Me: Persephone (R) 50
Me: Reaping Truth (R) 50
Enemy: Homeland Defender (UC) 38
Enemy: Enforcer (R) 38
Me: Saggitarius (UR) 50
Enemy: Death's Head (SR) 38
Me: Lvl4
Enemy: Toxotai (SR) 38
Enemy: Homeland Defender (UC) 38
Enemy: Enforcer (R) 38
Me: Persephone (R) 50
Me: Reaping Truth (R) 50
Me: Hippocampus (R) 50
Me: Victory!

hellscaretaker
09-22-2014, 04:05 PM
And I stop you right there I don't have R (50) units only one close I do have is a Persephone and don't have tools to upgrade that to level 50

eagleProphet
09-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Okay, I've been there, stuck at the same spot. You need to concentrate on getting units and keys and cash through events, covert ops and earlier campaigns. You'll only grow stronger and soon enough enjoy victory in the Road to Ruin battle.

KillerKumaClone
09-23-2014, 02:17 AM
There is nothing more painful than hitting a wall in this game. The advice to go back to campaigns and grind out food (units to consume) and any potentially useful units is good advice. Also it's a good time to experiment with your squad composition, tempo, deployment order. You may find something new that works. I know I have.

Unfortunately there's no real "just do this _______" advice that will help. Because everyone gets different units. Player X may get Liang's Reapers but Player Y gets a Sand Viper. You have to play to find the best composition(s) of the units you do have.

I can suggest trying extra air power, extra infantry, or extra tank squad compositions. Maybe even all tanks. I don't recommend all air (yeah I tried it, it was funny but not effective.)

We're currently in a morale based campaign. So the next week's will likely be energy based and those are usually opportunities to essentially play an alternate campaign to the stock game campaign. The nice part is the units offered are better. So next week may make a big difference for you.

For my part this is a building week. I'm grinding out food for all the units I need to train.

Obamallama
09-23-2014, 03:05 AM
The biggest skill in this game is matching your units correctly and making so with what you have.

The level I'm stuck on uses an ordones drone Which confuses Me because I destroy verse levels with ordones.

KillerKumaClone
09-23-2014, 03:53 AM
Yeah, I ran into that with Rockies Road on the last energy based event. There was a Pegasus that was just brutalizing me. I'm used to being the brutalizer with my Ataturk III. But the Pegasus was fully promoted. My Ataturk III is only promoted once. Not much I can do about that until the game drops me another copy.

I've used an infantry-less approach for a long time. This was incredibly effective in early levels of the game. Having double scouts or double anti-air or double tanks combined eventually with double helicopters really got me a long way.

I'm paying a BIG price for that strategy now. Because I didn't see much value to infantry, I fed them to my units as I got them. Now that I have seen a use for infantry, I'm struggling to acquire and train them. I did something similar with artillery. Though that's been a lot easier to correct. The recent campaigns definitely showed that artillery has a place in a well balanced squad.

But I think I've made some of the biggest leaps forward when I cleared my squad and deliberately removed units I've been relying on too much to win. Often my attachment to the units previous effectiveness has been blinding me to its reduced effectiveness.

I've also found in the some campaign levels especially, when I drop particular units or how fast I raise my supply can drastically change the outcome. I've had levels where concentrating on supply too much was death. Other times, getting it up to max is the only way to survive the onslaught.

I'll leave you with one last nugget, the period somewhere between levels 45 and 75 was the most painful for me. You reach a point where fully trained commons begin losing their effectiveness. About the same time you notice you're facing a lot more SR and UR units in versus from opponents. This makes you wonder how you can advance without getting SR and UR units. The answer is to concentrate on getting fully promoted UCs. Keep chipping away at the events and training up what you can. Things will start to improve again.

Ldomino
09-24-2014, 10:09 AM
The biggest skill in this game is matching your units correctly and making so with what you have.

The level I'm stuck on uses an ordones drone Which confuses Me because I destroy verse levels with ordones.

Level 50 Orontes very hard to kill, lower level Orontes not so much. I have to bring out my level 50 Janissary tank to beat Orontes drone level 50. Also my Pegasus will usually take it out before it takes the Pegasus out. I would think a hydra or torquatus (so?) would work if it can survive long enough in the background to shoot a few missiles at it. Either way, you either have to be strategic or you have to have a very durable unit to go head to head with it. Level 50 revolution's purity drone can get close.

Obamallama
09-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Level 50 Orontes very hard to kill, lower level Orontes not so much. I have to bring out my level 50 Janissary tank to beat Orontes drone level 50. Also my Pegasus will usually take it out before it takes the Pegasus out. I would think a hydra or torquatus (so?) would work if it can survive long enough in the background to shoot a few missiles at it. Either way, you either have to be strategic or you have to have a very durable unit to go head to head with it. Level 50 revolution's purity drone can get close.

I usually send out my own level 30 Orontes and a hastrabul and that usually works but this one feels like its level 70. It's a classic game technique to make the AI have hax good things like money generation to match the skill of gamers