PDA

View Full Version : I saw this and had to smile to myself.

hellscaretaker
09-29-2014, 12:15 PM
Come the end of the last event and in the early hours of GMT i logged on and had a look at the leader board and come across this little gem. These items have not been changed in any way by me and was taken directly by my ipad.

http://i58.tinypic.com/1fcxli.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2meer2a.jpg

While you can argue the points could be legit i do question the level 1 lol lol

Rmartuszewski
09-29-2014, 12:55 PM
I also reported a number of people off the leaderboards.

It is really sad more than anything. These people hack the game with programs they spend time downloading. They get banned, and do it again just to hack more.

When I think of these weak people I wounder who they are. They in my mind, are some weak person who is unhappy in life. They prob. don't have a loved one to be with. Think or are uggly as hell, no friends and if so prob other hack wannabe winners.

And it prob. makes them feel good or special they are on top of leaderboard, even if it is such a short period of time.

That short lived number one slot on the leaderboard is prob. the only thing they have going for them even if they didn't earn it and is prob. the only thing keeping them from killing themselves.

I'm feel sorry for the hacks out there, they must really be weak, sad, worthless people to go through all of this to be number one in an APP GAME on a smart phone.

WarZoneFare
09-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Come the end of the last event and in the early hours of GMT i logged on and had a look at the leader board and come across this little gem. These items have not been changed in any way by me and was taken directly by my ipad.

http://i58.tinypic.com/1fcxli.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2meer2a.jpg

While you can argue the points could be legit i do question the level 1 lol lol

Just wondering if this person could hack the system so easily and get all the UR units he wanted. Why didn't he also hack the "Level" and make it something like 250 so it won't be as obvious to others. Is it easier to steal UR units than altering the level #?

KillerKumaClone
09-29-2014, 04:48 PM
Level 1. Seriously? No way. If anything this probably just proves the leaderboard is glitched out of its gor'ram mind. (No, your eyes did not deceive you. I just snuck some firefly language in there.)

It would be impossible to accumulate enough points to be number 1 and never level up.

Obamallama
09-29-2014, 05:51 PM
They get the UR by achieving the invasion score 4 times by hearing it and winning over and over. I do Love how they don't even try to be conspicuous.

KillerKumaClone
09-30-2014, 10:04 AM
The units they have is of zero importance in this case. There is simply no way to have acquired and maintain the points necessary to be in first place on the leaderboard without winning. Winning would give you experience. Which in turn would increase your level. So he cannot actually be level 1.

The leaderboard must be mis-reporting his player level or something.

Rmartuszewski
09-30-2014, 11:32 AM
The units are an issue. I have seen it time and time again. Where people have lvl 50 units, and may even have 2-3 lvl 50 units where they can not have that without cheating somehow as there was only teo nee units available to win. IE 2x lvl 20 or 1x lvl 30 is possible.

It blows my mind gree will pnly ban people when they are reported. How hard is it for gree to log on twice a day and check the leaderboard? And when they see something is not right they act on it?

Pure lazyness really, higher a few dudes to combat the cheaters. I know it not a money issue being the tons of money they make from te tons of games they have with in app buying.

KillerKumaClone
09-30-2014, 12:23 PM
The only reason you're assuming he's cheating is because his level is so much lower than his units. What if he's actually level 301 but the leaderboard is showing him (incorrectly) as level 1. It would not be unreasonable for a level 301 to acquire those units and this points by playing the game as intended. I really don't think this is a case of cheating. And it's because he's displayed as being level 1 that I am so sure of that.

I myself have pointed out suspicious players on the leaderboard in the past. But this one just does not make any sense unless his level is incorrectly displayed and he's really much much stronger. Win = XP gain = Level Up. Win = Points = Leaderboard ranking. Therefore he cannot "win" points without also gaining XP thereby levelling up. So he cannot actually be level 1.

Therefore if we're not seeing his true level, there's nothing further to discuss. Because all of the arguments about what units he has are based on an impossible level scenario which just cannot exist.

Obamallama
09-30-2014, 02:18 PM
There are many things wrong with this but the fact that he has units that are unobtainable at that level stands out the most to me

KillerKumaClone
09-30-2014, 09:39 PM
But it's impossible (even cheating) to BE that level and have those points. Doesn't work. Not possible. That simple.

So if that level is not possible, the entire basis for any argument about what units he should or should not have based on that level is completely invalidated.

Pure logic.

The case simply hasn't got a leg (or a valid level in this case) to stand on.

It must be a programming error in the leaderboard stats. Which could mean that all of the cases we've been seeing on the leaderboard and suspected, were also errors. This is something for the developers to investigate.

I'm actually beginning to wonder if some people have passed the max level and started counting up from 1 again. That would account for a lot of this craziness.

hellscaretaker
10-01-2014, 02:27 AM
That shouldn't happen if the person has got to a level cap then it would stay at that level and not start to recount, and like to add I checked a while late and was still there so if it was a glitch the server would of fixed it

KillerKumaClone
10-01-2014, 05:40 PM
I think this is more of an outright coding error than any temporary glitch.

Rmartuszewski
10-02-2014, 10:36 AM
There are many things wrong with this but the fact that he has units that are unobtainable at that level stands out the most to me

That is my point, and so many people stuck on this level issue which is pointless.

Who cares what it says his level is?

The issue is people on leaderboard rocking level 50 units which they shouldn't have because their is only 2-3 units that can be awarded in said event before it ends. If an event has a new unit, and you can win two/2 of them. Then how is it leople who are at top of leaderboard have 2x units that both level 50?????

People are hacking them game, plain and simple. And it shows just by looking at what units they have before the event ends on the leaderboards.

Hell I fought a guy in verus weeks ago with a tank, and it didn't take any damage with all my R and UR units at level 50 on the board attacking it. Not one point of damage was delt. It just rolled down the map at a very slow pace and took me out, even with 15x plus units of mine all level 50 and R or UR attacking it.

So there are more was to havk than we know. But the easiest way to see it is to look at the leaderboards and review the units people have compaired to what they can win in the event.

User271320
10-02-2014, 02:30 PM
I've heard of folks getting banned for cheating. And for good reason. Cheaters never prosper. This person at level 1 sounds like they were cheating. It's no surprise we no longer see their name on the Leaderboard. In fact, shortly after this original post was made, their name was taken down. Here's the squad I roll with:

R level 50 Reaping Truth
R level 50 Reaping Truth
SR level 50 Sejanus
R level 50 Xanthhippus
SR level 50 Eurydice
SR level 50 Sagitarius
R Level 50 Persophone

Most of those above units I won from putting the time into the weekly events or the campaign. I've spent $0 on this game so sure I'm not the person Gree is targeting since I've brought them no revenue. My point is that you don't need to cheat to do decent in this game. I usually rank in the top 500 after the weekly event, as high as like 300. I'll never be at the top, but I do enough to get the units the game offers.

Also, let's understand there is a difference from a hacker and one that takes advantage of game glitches. I've done neither since I only started playing mid-August and missed out on a lot of the apparent early glitches that gave gobs of gold keys and energy/morale boosters. But I don't fault that took advantage of glitches since that is a Gree error, not user error.

Bottom line is we should keep reporting the cheaters as we see them and they'll get banned and those of us honest folks will prevail. Slow and steady wins the race said the tortoise to the hare!!!

Ruckus51
10-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Just a heads up, all these level ones are players that have already been banned. If the person's level shows up as one it is because their account has already been disabled. No reason to report someone already gone.

Tadaaah
10-02-2014, 05:42 PM
We do take care of all reports. We do not share the information gathered from the investigation. We do this to prevent creating new leads for these types of players to find new exploits. Please report players with as much information as possible and our teams will handle this. Thanks.

Cavalryman
10-02-2014, 10:58 PM
There should be a hack/cheat thread! It's way faster to get them gone by posting here for all to see than waiting on your support ticket to get reached. Not to mention the deterrent value knowing if you're obviously cheating then you'll be called out publicly and admins will maybe have a quicker reaction.

Tadaaah
10-03-2014, 12:33 PM
There will be no such thread as that only harbors negativity. But we can clear up some matters in regards to this:

1. Report these players through the ticket system. That is the fastest and most effective way to start an investigation against a player. Naming and shaming on the forums is against the Forum Code of Conduct and will result in a ban. The forums are not the place for these reports. We do not want to harbor such negativity, but welcome constructive conversation.

2. Many of the players reported via the Forums are often already gone by the time we see them. The ones that are actually abusing the system. Once again emphasizing that reporting via the ticket system is faster.

3. We do not publicly shame players or share the results of our investigations. This is for a few reasons:
a. This may release details for other players of this type to find and exploit more items.
b. This encourages belittling other players. In other words, it opens the wormhole. Again, we do not want players to feel this is okay or this to be the venue for such shaming. While some players posted may be of this type of user, others are not.

4. We are working on implementing more security features and locking down on some of those aspects. More security will ultimately mean less capabilities for such exploits.

Thank you.