PDA

View Full Version : This week's boss event

eagleProphet
10-01-2014, 10:40 PM
I just finished the Beast of Hamgyong boss event with no money spent. That is, I've progressed through all the awards. I found it helpful to repeatedly send a maxed Sagittarius followed by a maxed Sejanus in the midst of an ocean of rocket launchers with choppers swarming overhead.

MisterSkills
10-02-2014, 01:39 AM
Reinforcements for Boss Battles were kinda cool and I wish they were available again... But preferably with much better units...

Drkaic
10-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Raiyan's defense was my choice on beating boss event, also with no money spent. I just save everything I earn for boss events since pvp is really next to impossible without spending money. I have tried using a variety of UR level 50 units and even with them you cannot go far without replenishing energy at a higher pace than normal. Boss competitions are great for getting those good units which with to build on.

HornedOwl
10-02-2014, 11:50 AM
See Gree,

Boss events are most enjoyable because they are completable even by casual players. Then there are those who of us will continue to play and fight for a top spot to earn additional rewards.

Make the Invasion and PvP events like this and I think the player base would be much happier. Happy players will spend money on a game they are enjoying.

Obamallama
10-02-2014, 03:14 PM
See Gree,

Boss events are most enjoyable because they are completable even by casual players. Then there are those who of us will continue to play and fight for a top spot to earn additional rewards.

Make the Invasion and PvP events like this and I think the player base would be much happier. Happy players will spend money on a game they are enjoying.

Yeah boss events can be beaten with skill and strategy and a bit of time devotion Which is opposite of the verse events

BaziOne
10-02-2014, 07:50 PM
They did a data push and now the boss officers (at least for L41) have SR and UR units I've never seen before. Also, good boss event this time Gree.

Bloodanguts
10-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Pimp update!!
I love it, the new enemy's, the SR and UR units. What a cool update, I got tired of playing those lame old common and uncommon troops. Way to go MunkyFun.

Silentoblivion
10-03-2014, 10:55 AM
I agree, I like these boss events, with patience and strategy free to play players can finish the event no issues, I would like to make a thread with the ultimate strategy to beat the bosses and officers, for those that still dont have the best units, maybe we can gather info and create a thread.

KillerKumaClone
10-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Personally I've reached a problem with the boss events. Because I can't beat them on a single morale charge (3-4 attacks) anymore, I can't get anywhere playing on my breaks. I don't have enough time to wait for the recharge and I can't get back in again before the boss resets. Not gonna lose my job for a game.

Adding insult to injury, all of sudden officers got tougher and have new units and I can't beat them as quickly. Basically I was unable to get this far in the past because of my unit mix. Now I have better units but I'm running into a new roadblock with the time I can commit in a session. If you can't do something worthwhile in 15min break, then a game becomes useless to anyone with a real job. IMHO.

This may become another addition to the list of apps I've deleted because their play-time requirements outgrew my available time. I want to enjoy games at home. But still get in a bit of action on a break.

(Yes, I play plenty at home. No I can't play at lunch - I rarely get one. I eat and work. No I can't play to/from work - I drive.)

Silentoblivion
10-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Yeah killer, this is one of those times where a decision has to be made, with my relatively low level, If i dont want to wait for the recharge, I would have to use an extra 3 morale to take down the boss. Although I pride myself in knowing I dont have to use any extra boosters, but in convenience of time you gotta do it, in your case, you will have to use up those extra morale boosts to take him out in the short time you have, this is the only event we need to use them in anyway (pvp doesnt count, pvp never counts). at 37, it takes my team and strategy 7 morale to take him out. i can usually use 5 morale, before Mitchel spawns back in.

Bloodanguts
10-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Why not play distress calls? You can get 5000 points for a lvl 12 boss. There's no shortage of low level bosses. Multiply 5000 points times 4 equals 20,000 points. How many points are you making battleing a lvl 37 boss? How many morale are you spending for those points. Do the math. Hello?

Why am I so much smarter than everyone else?

KillerKumaClone
10-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Of course everything would work if when I opened my high level boss fight up, people actually helped. But they never do. That's the stupid part of the distress calls. When you actually need help, no one does. Instead everyone is battling small fry bosses. I think that's partly because of the way the distress calls are populated. (You can only take advantage of what you are shown.)

Morale rechargers all used up. That's why I'm not using them. I'm currently on an IAP hiatus because I was spending a bit too much. Turned off IAP, not topping up my balance. So nope, not gonna be buying my way out. (Gotta keep things reasonable somehow.)

KillerKumaClone
10-04-2014, 10:11 AM

Bit of advice for you Bloodanguts... you may want to keep in mind that it's easier to share your wisdom with others if you haven't insulted them. People generally tend not to take in even the best advice after being offended.

Bloodanguts
10-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Bit of advice for you Bloodanguts... you may want to keep in mind that it's easier to share your wisdom with others if you haven't insulted them. People generally tend not to take in even the best advice after being offended.

Yo, get a sense of humor.

KillerKumaClone
10-04-2014, 01:18 PM
More proof that they DID alter the officers units and toughness. I got to Lv31 boss on my own. Just tried to take a distress call for a Lv19 boss. I used the same units and tactics that I used to get to Lv31. And the Lv19 boss' officers just beat the crap out of me. So I'm sorry Tadaah, you're wrong. There has been a HUGE change mid-event.

CJCJ
10-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Why not play distress calls? You can get 5000 points for a lvl 12 boss. There's no shortage of low level bosses. Multiply 5000 points times 4 equals 20,000 points. How many points are you making battleing a lvl 37 boss? How many morale are you spending for those points. Do the math. Hello?

Where do you see all these lvl 12 distress calls?? 98% of distress calls I see are lvl 1 Boss. Half of those already have someone else working on it when I see the status of the battle, so who knows if I'll get ANY points. If I get to finish it, its 600-900 points. One morale every 20 mins, 2250 pts per hour = 8 hrs playing (constantly) time. Aint nobody got time for dat! :D

KillerKumaClone
10-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Yo, get a sense of humor.

Very funny.

eagleProphet
10-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Where do you see all these lvl 12 distress calls?? 98% of distress calls I see are lvl 1 Boss.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think whose distress calls you see depends on which alliance you're in. I see distress calls from my fellow alliance members, many of whom are in the lvl 30s and 40s currently. I'm working on lvl 62 boss, no money spent!

Bloodanguts
10-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think whose distress calls you see depends on which alliance you're in. I see distress calls from my fellow alliance members, many of whom are in the lvl 30s and 40s currently. I'm working on lvl 62 boss, no money spent!

I see only a few guys from my allience in the distress call, most of the calls I see are from people outside my allience.
Wow lvl 62, I am impressed. How many morale are you using? What's your in game ID? I would love to check out your squad.

eagleProphet
10-04-2014, 06:20 PM
I see only a few guys from my allience in the distress call, most of the calls I see are from people outside my allience.
Wow lvl 62, I am impressed. How many morale are you using? What's your in game ID? I would love to check out your squad.

My id is the same in game as here: eagleProphet. I'm in the KY420 alliance, and I primarily see the distress calls of my alliance members. Strange.

Now I'm taking on boss lvl 64. This is my best performance in an event so far. Never spent any money on the game ever. I did hoard some morale boosters from the previous week. At level 60+ it is taking me 5 morale. I'm using 2 rocket squads, a Sejanus, Sagittarius, and Phoenix. I have a Reclaimer in there for bonus points but never deploy it. I supply up to 4 and then start with the rocket squads; I maintain a tempo always deploying one rocket squad before the other has finished recharging ad nauseum for the entire battle. As they become available, I deploy Phoenix first, then Sagittarius, then Sejanus, then level up supply and repeat, all the while maintaining tempo with the rocket squads.

KillerKumaClone
10-04-2014, 06:33 PM
I missed out on the Sagittarius and its been a constant annoyance since. I'm stuck with a UC Theseus for anti-air. So a maxed Lenin's Reach or Ataturk III will mop the floor with my liquified remains every time.

Getting the Persephone and the Eurydice maxed out has made a massive difference to my effectiveness. I was stuck in that very uncomfortable transition phase between UC,R and R,SR,UR squads for a while. It's finally ebbing now and I'm getting in on the action.

Trying very hard to get all four units so I can have a maxed Sejanus. But the mid-event officer changes (that Tadaaah denies happened) are making that significantly less achievable. Trying to distress call my way through. I will probably get the third unit tonight or tomorrow morning. Chances of getting the 50,000 additional points for the fourth in the remaining time are less than encouraging.

Hope they bring up another decent anti-air unit soon. I need one pretty bad. I'd love to get my hands on one of the new flamethrower guys the officers suddenly acquired too.

Silentoblivion
10-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Hey eagle, thats sound advice, I would like to make a thread with the officer and boss tactics, the strategy you use above is golden, and any mid level player should have those units, or valid replacements. do you use the same setup for both versions of the boss, i notice that the boss that has three bars, kills my rockets squad before they can get to him and slow him down, for that specific boss and his first stage, i send out an ext squad then rockets squad, then a damage dealer.

eagleProphet
10-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Hey eagle, thats sound advice, I would like to make a thread with the officer and boss tactics, the strategy you use above is golden, and any mid level player should have those units, or valid replacements. do you use the same setup for both versions of the boss, i notice that the boss that has three bars, kills my rockets squad before they can get to him and slow him down, for that specific boss and his first stage, i send out an ext squad then rockets squad, then a damage dealer.

I use the same setup every time. I have noticed the different Boss modes. If I had an exterminator squad, I'd try it. So far, my army is missing killer drones, a good sniper, ext squads and reapers.

eagleProphet
10-04-2014, 07:06 PM
And a good SR chopper. That's my wish list. I'm hoarding gold keys for the next SR/UR dip.

Silentoblivion
10-04-2014, 08:02 PM
the problem with the ext squad is the recharge and cost, the 181 supply cost although relatively low, cant beat out the rocket squad, although it does deal somewhat good damage at a fire rate of 3.03 and it does slow down the boss as well as the rocket squad does, but the somewhat high cost makes it so that its better to throw in a hastastus or some other unit that deals a bit more damage. I only have a 20 pegasus, and a 20 lamassu IX, my R 50 phoenix is better i think. I usually run a rocket squad, ext squad, saggi, the phoenix, pegasus and the event card. I swap out the event card for a hastastus depending on circumstance. I usually throw out a rocket squad and ext squad at 240 supply, then at 315 i throw out another rocket, pegasus, rocket, then level, at 400 i do the same but i throw out the pheonix instead and maybe another ext depending on how the battle is going. after that I level up, and prioritize rocket squads and the pegasus, throwing out everything in between
in mid 30ies, it takes me about 6-7 morale to beat the boss.

CJCJ
10-05-2014, 10:53 AM
My id is the same in game as here: eagleProphet. I'm in the KY420 alliance, and I primarily see the distress calls of my alliance members. Strange.

Now I'm taking on boss lvl 64. This is my best performance in an event so far. Never spent any money on the game ever. I did hoard some morale boosters from the previous week. At level 60+ it is taking me 5 morale. I'm using 2 rocket squads, a Sejanus, Sagittarius, and Phoenix. I have a Reclaimer in there for bonus points but never deploy it. I supply up to 4 and then start with the rocket squads; I maintain a tempo always deploying one rocket squad before the other has finished recharging ad nauseum for the entire battle. As they become available, I deploy Phoenix first, then Sagittarius, then Sejanus, then level up supply and repeat, all the while maintaining tempo with the rocket squads.

Dayum... 5 morale for Lvl 64?? I am at 52 and its 7-8 for me. I use the same squad as you except for the Sagittarius and by looking at its stats WOW that makes a difference! 1345 damage at 4.00/sec??? I guess I wasn't playing yet when that came out if it was an event reward. I throw in a Sinbad-30 or Gae Bulg-30 instead which do decent damage by no where near that fire rate.

It bugs me that the awards are SO SKEWED towards (useless) cash. And with the few key awards I get the chances of scoring anything useful are also VERY low. I have a bunch of rare, SR and 2 UR 1/20 units that I'd love to promote, cause at 20 they are basically useless. The 30s I listed above are usable, but would benefit greatly by promoting.

The maxed out Sejanus from this event is awesome which I guess is the only way to get Lvl 50 SR units. I did get the UR version they gave out (Commoners Revenge) - but they only gave 2 of them! So that item will be useless too cause how much chance is there EVER to get 2 more???

hellscaretaker
10-05-2014, 05:11 PM
I liked to know what units eagle had to finish it?

eagleProphet
10-05-2014, 10:22 PM
I liked to know what units eagle had to finish it? The final boss I faced was level 76! I finished ranked 39 for the event. I was only using 2 rocket squads, a Sejanus, Sagittarius, and Phoenix. I had a Reclaimer in there for bonus points but never deployed it.

Bloodanguts
10-05-2014, 11:03 PM
The final boss I faced was level 76! I finished ranked 39 for the event. I was only using 2 rocket squads, a Sejanus, Sagittarius, and Phoenix. I had a Reclaimer in there for bonus points but never deployed it.
That's funny I finished 38th only playing distress calls. Level 10-15 distress calls for one morale.

Silentoblivion
10-05-2014, 11:31 PM
I hate you guys, after the last Sejanus I just sorta tried to get silver keys, got like 3 in 2 days. my last boss was 37, and I killed about 58 of them helping others out.

Taskking
10-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Any tips on boss level 10 with the nukes please help asap

Bloodanguts
10-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Get a chopper

Silentoblivion
10-15-2014, 12:38 PM
for that nuke, its a gamble, but sometimes I let him get in range and then deploy, the reason is, if you deploy first and dont take out the tower, he will stay behind it nuke you to oblivion. this is assuming he throws out the nuke first, if not, then use tanks and rapid fire units to take out the towers asap, and a chopper to blow it to hell.

SpartanPhalanx
10-18-2014, 10:14 PM
I put in a lot of time and effort to win the four SuperRare units in this week's Boss Event only to discover that the Patriot's Song is so disappointingly weak that it is very debatable whether it should even be classified as Rare let alone SuperRare!

KillerKumaClone
10-19-2014, 05:30 AM
I put in a lot of time and effort to win the four SuperRare units in this week's Boss Event only to discover that the Patriot's Song is so disappointingly weak that it is very debatable whether it should even be classified as Rare let alone SuperRare!

Yeah, I've been doing the same and I was worried it was for naught. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Unfortunately I'm well into acquiring the third. So I might finish getting the four of them anyway.

Silentoblivion
10-19-2014, 02:44 PM
I personally gave up on it, since its a situational card, only thing I can think of is throwing this out before you even lvl up a supply to rush over and destroy the base before the enemy can take their cards out, other than that, I dont know what good it would do.

Silentoblivion
10-19-2014, 02:46 PM
I was actually afraid something like this would happen, so many of Us free to play guys were finishing the boss events and getting good cards, I assumed they would make the boss rewards card much weaker in the future, seems like my fear is coming true

steve rb
10-20-2014, 02:36 PM
I finished 42nd and my rewars never turned up in my inventory!! Anyone else?

KillerKumaClone
10-20-2014, 06:13 PM
I was actually afraid something like this would happen, so many of Us free to play guys were finishing the boss events and getting good cards, I assumed they would make the boss rewards card much weaker in the future, seems like my fear is coming true

I think it's a bit early to jump to that conclusion.

But I think a mix of powerful, useful rewards and some a bit less powerful is good. If they gave away great cards in every event, we'd all get too powerful. The emphasis here was a low supply cost for a pretty good recon unit.

BaziOne
10-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Patriots Song would be good if it wasn't so slow. A move speed of 4 for a recon unit is unacceptable.

SpartanPhalanx
10-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Send the Patriot's Song against any of the Rare tanks and it gets blown away! So why is it classified as SuperRare? Looks like we've been conned! They would need to double the Attack and Defence factors for it to be genuinely a SuperRare.

Hunter Hespen
10-21-2014, 12:25 PM
I usually take these events slow, then play hard on the next event.

It gives me a needed break from the game.

Supersonics
10-21-2014, 04:10 PM
I've been waiting for a week for the next event? And the last two days I don't even have versus. Are y'all currently playing an event?

Hunter Hespen
10-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Yep, a 3 day versus event is happening right now.

SpartanPhalanx
10-22-2014, 10:03 AM
I think it's a bit early to jump to that conclusion.

But I think a mix of powerful, useful rewards and some a bit less powerful is good. If they gave away great cards in every event, we'd all get too powerful. The emphasis here was a low supply cost for a pretty good recon unit.

Pretty good recon unit? It moves so slowly that your opponent would have plenty of time to deploy counter units. The crucial point is that the Patriot's Song should never have been classified as SuperRare. It should just about make it as a Rare. Whatever prizes they offer they should at least be honest with us about what we are getting. What puzzles me is why they would deliberately undermine their own unit classification system. Shall we ever be able to trust that SuperRare label ever again?

KillerKumaClone
10-23-2014, 02:33 AM
Pretty good recon unit? It moves so slowly that your opponent would have plenty of time to deploy counter units. The crucial point is that the Patriot's Song should never have been classified as SuperRare. It should just about make it as a Rare. Whatever prizes they offer they should at least be honest with us about what we are getting. What puzzles me is why they would deliberately undermine their own unit classification system. Shall we ever be able to trust that SuperRare label ever again?

I hear what you're saying and I don't disagree that this unit is not as good as most SR units. But the flavour text mentioned nothing about speed. It said it was an inexpensive unit with a canon.

Unfortunately rarity is not a measure of quality. Rarity in "card based" games only truly indicates how difficult a card is to acquire. True, usually rarer cards prove to be worth acquiring. But in any game there's almost always a few lemons.

So we all busted our humps to get a cool looking but less than useful trophy case card most of us will never use again. **it happens.

SpartanPhalanx
10-23-2014, 08:34 PM
I hear what you're saying and I don't disagree that this unit is not as good as most SR units. But the flavour text mentioned nothing about speed. It said it was an inexpensive unit with a canon.

Unfortunately rarity is not a measure of quality. Rarity in "card based" games only truly indicates how difficult a card is to acquire. True, usually rarer cards prove to be worth acquiring. But in any game there's almost always a few lemons.

So we all busted our humps to get a cool looking but less than useful trophy case card most of us will never use again. **it happens.

Ok, you make some very good points. It's just that it's taking me quite some time to get over the disappointment I felt after putting in so much effort to acquire it. Let's hope we get something better next time. Soldier on!

Ldomino
10-24-2014, 08:54 AM
The units the past few events have been weak units not worth playing for. Eye of Justice? We can, and do, get those units easily. They are one of what I like to call the common Rare units. Why should we bust our humps trying to win it?! Khozedub? Same thing. I've had so many of these units that I've either sold or consumed in training, it's ridiculous. I agree, the units we win should be something special. Just curious…does anyone else think the gold keys you win are set up to only give us garbage R units? I don't think I've ever gotten a good SR or UR with a gold key that I've won. Some silver keys I've won have yielded good SR or UR units, but not the gold keys. Weird.

SpartanPhalanx
10-27-2014, 08:58 PM
The units the past few events have been weak units not worth playing for. Eye of Justice? We can, and do, get those units easily. They are one of what I like to call the common Rare units. Why should we bust our humps trying to win it?! Khozedub? Same thing. I've had so many of these units that I've either sold or consumed in training, it's ridiculous. I agree, the units we win should be something special. Just curious…does anyone else think the gold keys you win are set up to only give us garbage R units? I don't think I've ever gotten a good SR or UR with a gold key that I've won. Some silver keys I've won have yielded good SR or UR units, but not the gold keys. Weird.

I totally agree with everything you say. I've had better stuff from Silver than Gold. And I don't believe that it's all random either. I keep getting clusters of units, 2 or 3 the same - that's too much of a coincidence to be random.