How to fix this mess

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to fix this mess

Post Count

How to fix this mess

Ok this is getting rediculous. I think as players we should take a long hard look at what is going on. Some players are actually able to play without a lot of issues, some have display and crashing issues and some can no longer access the game.

This all started with updates to the app, there are a niumber of possible causes that do not appear to be addressed by Gree.

1 Game Center access, some folks including myself think that log in issues might be related to this.
    Solution - disable it.

2 Invisible graphic elements, buildings and mission targets. This is actually an ongoing issue for some Android players. Games dataset is so bloated that it exceeds available memory on device.
    Solution - reduce number of elements especially unused targets.

3 Broken vault, again appears to be tied to app being unable to load enough of it's dataset to display/work properly.

4 in game crashes/freezes, again likely tied to a bloated dataset. I think we as end users have to realize that we can no longer have as many new buildings and units as this is likely what is choking the game.

5 support for legacy devices, likely the most unpopular thought as we will loose players granted we've already lost them based on the mess the app is in. In other words do we sacrafice these players or do we demand that Gree get rid of all the new features until we get back to the point where everyone can play?
    My personal view on this is that the game is so bloated now that I would much prefer to get rid of this fancy new crap and streamline the dataset so that the game runs more efficiently and everyone can get back into the game.

I also think that Gree should freeze all events until such time as we have a working game otherwise you can kiss your user base goodbye if it isn't already too late.
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 11-13-2014 at 05:43 AM.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Also what would help is if people in sup/osw put their egos aside and stop silly spending until it is fixed, I mean why make 40-50mil Wd Points on a broken game, what is gonna push gree into sorting this out when teams spending hasn't stopped? It's so dumb it's unthinkable

Post Count
    Why not just put 4.4 back on the App Store and go back to beta with the new ideas until they are refined and ready for release?
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hear Hear 8-)
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    We have given them plenty of suggestions but they don't appear to be listening.

This makes players think that they don't care.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post

Agree 1000% on that.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I agree the variety of units is a choker with the number required each cycle. Could they be standardised, except for the top few prizes, with units prefixed to indicate their origin? 'WD', 'RB', 'EB', 'FL' ? This could also put a brake on stat inflation.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    With each passing hour, the once great fire becomes a mass of glowing coals, soon to become embers, smoke, then cold darkness.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post

I totally agree. I posted a solution, that works for all of my affected team mates. Now they can play the game without freezes and lags, but gree did not give any comment or statements. They just ignore us. Today i contact apple, to get all my money back im invested in this rubbish game.

Lurker
    Post Count

Data base

Quote Originally Posted by Atego View Post
    I totally agree. I posted a solution, that works for all of my affected team mates. Now they can play the game without freezes and lags, but gree did not give any comment or statements. They just ignore us. Today i contact apple, to get all my money back im invested in this rubbish game.
    My game is taking up almost 4 gigs on my ipad. In a while I won't be able to play at all. I play another game that uses their own servers to store the data. They call it the cloud. Catchy eh? Makes it easy to switch to another ipad or iphone if you buy a new one or yours crashes. Just load the app and let it download all the stuff you need to move the game to that device in under 2 minutes. It doesn't take up more than several hundred megs. Huge graphics and thousands of moving parts that operate with only megs, not gigs, on my device.

Too easy?

Post Count
    my gain was taking up 1.8 gb of space on my tablet. my guess its because of all the unused npcs and such. I just uninstalled the game and installed it again and it all went away but GREE does need better graphic management.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    my gain was taking up 1.8 gb of space on my tablet. my guess its because of all the unused npcs and such. I just uninstalled the game and installed it again and it all went away but GREE does need better management.
    Fixed it for ya

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Fastest way to fix it right now.. is to take 4.4, and rename it to 5.0 and release it for everybody to get back in game.. And, then, work in the changes that didn't work last week through extensive beta testing..

Easy enough...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    was just asked to do the survey in response to "closed", but unfixed / unresolved trouble tickets.

boy, that was fun! commenting on Preparation G!

agree with com cmdr_vessery. 4.4. but gree never seems to do the logical thing.

also, review your code changes, find out who made them and do a little staff reduction.

in the last several upgrades there were things that had been working well that were also broken. identifying the how and why of those and reduce some staff there.

AND SOMETHING VERY POSITIVE!!! cudos to the android team!!! you haven't put this stuff into your code base yet... or at the very least you haven't tried to push it out! DONT emulate this ios release! DONT put into your code base! DONT try to push it out if it is there and waiting!

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Thats like asking a smoker to stop, So if everyone stopped smoking the government would drop tobacco prices. Can you see that happening? No. Same as sup they wont stop spending. If they did other faction members could get a leg up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by dan2407 View Post
    Also what would help is if people in sup/osw put their egos aside and stop silly spending until it is fixed, I mean why make 40-50mil Wd Points on a broken game, what is gonna push gree into sorting this out when teams spending hasn't stopped? It's so dumb it's unthinkable