Kind of confused regarding mob size.

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Kind of confused regarding mob size.

  1. #1
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Post Count
    18

    Lightbulb Kind of confused regarding mob size.

    On the rivals list, you can't see anybody lower than your mob size, regardless of level, correct? So wouldn't it make sense to stay at a low low mob size, so no one could see you and attack you (unless you attacked them first and they counter attack through their news feed)? That's what I'm doing now, and no one with over 20 mob has attacked me yet, I'm at level 26 with 20 members. It's a lot easier to equip 20 dudes with amazing gear right? Thoughts on this? I'm pretty new to this, so I could have overlooked something, but it's going well so far.

  2. #2
    Steady Scribe
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Post Count
    56
    i prefer to have the max number of mob members i can have cause i like people to see me and look at my awesomeness... but i definitely understand hiding if your worried about being robbed...

  3. #3
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Post Count
    18
    So the only reason to get big is so other people can see how awesome you are? I'm not afraid of being robbed, but I don't see the point in inviting it.

  4. #4
    Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Post Count
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargasm View Post
    On the rivals list, you can't see anybody lower than your mob size, regardless of level, correct? So wouldn't it make sense to stay at a low low mob size, so no one could see you and attack you (unless you attacked them first and they counter attack through their news feed)? That's what I'm doing now, and no one with over 20 mob has attacked me yet, I'm at level 26 with 20 members. It's a lot easier to equip 20 dudes with amazing gear right? Thoughts on this? I'm pretty new to this, so I could have overlooked something, but it's going well so far.
    i downsized a few weeks ago when i realized that i was weak. i found myself constantly trying to arm my mafia with weapons leaving little to no money for my economy. i went down from 200 to 50, camped and started equipping my army with respect points (which i obtained from robbing laundromats). i used the money extensively for income buildings (new and upgrades) as well as expanding my hood. currently, i have one of the better stats for my level and mafia size. i'm able to repel most attacks/robbery attempts. i occasionally lose to gold users. i'm slowly building up my mafia size again (currently 85). my plan is to get to 100 so that i construct lofts (one of the more efficient buildings for mid level game). if you don't like this strategy, you can always add mafia (pretty easy, i added 15 members so far today). hope this helps.
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

    ModernWar: AWOL

  5. #5
    Steady Scribe
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Post Count
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargasm View Post
    So the only reason to get big is so other people can see how awesome you are?
    And because if you are able to equip a big mob it will make you strongest... but if you aren't able to equip a big mob yet then it probably is smart to keep it smaller unitl you can...

  6. #6
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Post Count
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by whocareswhatmynameis View Post
    i downsized a few weeks ago when i realized that i was weak. i found myself constantly trying to arm my mafia with weapons leaving little to no money for my economy. i went down from 200 to 50, camped and started equipping my army with respect points (which i obtained from robbing laundromats). i used the money extensively for income buildings (new and upgrades) as well as expanding my hood. currently, i have one of the better stats for my level and mafia size. i'm able to repel most attacks/robbery attempts. i occasionally lose to gold users. i'm slowly building up my mafia size again (currently 85). my plan is to get to 100 so that i construct lofts (one of the more efficient buildings for mid level game). if you don't like this strategy, you can always add mafia (pretty easy, i added 15 members so far today). hope this helps.
    Word, that's pretty much what I'm doing too. I'm making lots of money now, and can only upgrade so fast though, so what do I do with the extra? No point in expanding my hood yet really, I don't even have the default space full. About to be able to farm M4's, and I'm buying mustangs with respect, already maxed on combat boots and explosives. Guess I could save it, the m4 quest will undoubtedly have a high overhead...Other than that though...Hmmm...

  7. #7
    Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Post Count
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargasm View Post
    Word, that's pretty much what I'm doing too. I'm making lots of money now, and can only upgrade so fast though, so what do I do with the extra? No point in expanding my hood yet really, I don't even have the default space full. About to be able to farm M4's, and I'm buying mustangs with respect, already maxed on combat boots and explosives. Guess I could save it, the m4 quest will undoubtedly have a high overhead...Other than that though...Hmmm...
    i don't know your particular situation, so the advice i give may not apply. but if you have empty space in your hood with cash on hand, build as many buildings as possible! fill all the empty space, expand the hood, and then build some more buildings! in the mean time, upgrade your buildings. you can never go wrong following this strategy. as far as respect weapons go, better to save up for high end items like the yamaha bike or chain whip.
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

    ModernWar: AWOL

  8. #8
    Consistent Contributor Mb Tnk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Post Count
    173
    I'm mainly a PvP/robbing player, and I have found the best approach for me is to stay in the middle of the pack (fully mob armed), therefore I see most of all players of all mob sizes within my level. I keep my mob size just large enough so I can see all the top mob players within a level, which also allows me to see players way below me (to a certain mob count). eg. Let's say the mob limit for my level is 300, I set my mob size to 210, this allows me to see players from 300 to 160 (give or take).
    Last edited by Mb Tnk; 11-02-2011 at 01:23 PM.

  9. #9
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Post Count
    18
    Huh, that's weird, I can't see anyone with a smaller mob than I have.
    I know I could be expanding and building a ton of ****ty level one buildings that I couldn't upgrade for weeks, but the payoff seems minimal, and I already have a lot of extra cash. The respect items I'm buying now are way better than any money items I could get it seems like.

  10. #10
    Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Post Count
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargasm View Post
    Huh, that's weird, I can't see anyone with a smaller mob than I have.
    I know I could be expanding and building a ton of ****ty level one buildings that I couldn't upgrade for weeks, but the payoff seems minimal, and I already have a lot of extra cash. The respect items I'm buying now are way better than any money items I could get it seems like.
    can you be more specific... what are your stats and what level are you in? also, what buildings are the main source of your economy?
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

    ModernWar: AWOL

  11. #11
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Post Count
    528
    that guy is funny and crazy, he said he can't see anyone at level 26 has lower than 20 mobs. Yes, only one left has 20 mobs at that level, @Wargasm.

  12. #12
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Post Count
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by whocareswhatmynameis View Post
    can you be more specific... what are your stats and what level are you in? also, what buildings are the main source of your economy?
    I just hit 27, 452 attack, 826 defense, 530 energy, 8 stamina, 20 mob members, about $4500/hour, win to loss ratio about 8:1, with robberies its about 27:1. I have a couple laundromats, a pawn shop, two houses, all around mid level. I just deleted one of my basketball courts and put in two ice cream stands (used my initial 10 gold on hoops, then realized they sucked, spent the only 5 dollars I plan to spend so far to support the game and so far have used it for 2 ice cream stands) which I am currently upgrading the crap out of, one level 6 bball court left, and....6 guard towers, ranging from levels 3-6. Between my regular income, constantly robbing people for cash/respect, and doing profitable jobs, I've been doing fine. Can't wait to farm m4's though. >:-D

    I'd honestly love to respond to you Khung, but I have no idea what you just said.

    Oh, I think I might get it.



    This is what I see.
    Last edited by Wargasm; 11-02-2011 at 02:04 PM.

  13. #13
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Post Count
    528
    and because of what you see, you make a new theory about the rival list, right ?

  14. #14
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Post Count
    18
    What do you have to go off of in a video game other than what you see? The list shows me ONLY equal leveled characters, and I have NEVER seen someone at my current level below 20 mafia (since the day I added my 20th mafia member of course). I've also never had anyone above 20 mafia attack me. It's not rocket science, dude.
    Last edited by Wargasm; 11-02-2011 at 03:03 PM.

  15. #15
    Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Post Count
    791
    the reason you don't see rivals below 20 is because everyone at your level has higher mafia size (20s and 30s). but once you start increasing your size, you will see players above and below your mafia size.
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

    ModernWar: AWOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •