Strange infraction message thing

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Strange infraction message thing

  1. #1
    Steady Scribe
    Member Since
    Jul 2016
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    53

    Strange infraction message thing

    I seemed to have got an infraction message for posting on a thread avout advising someone to pm a rep in GroupMe

    I tried to reply back to the message (infraction thing) but it doesn't allow me to send a message..

    It just says it from the Administrator..

    Anyone able to help?

  2. #2
    Moderator Vile Lynn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    in your dreams
    Post Count
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by OlapDev View Post
    I seemed to have got an infraction message for posting on a thread avout advising someone to pm a rep in GroupMe

    I tried to reply back to the message (infraction thing) but it doesn't allow me to send a message..

    It just says it from the Administrator..

    Anyone able to help?
    Forum Code of Conduct

    That ^link^ should help you. Please review.
    Mean people suck.

  3. #3
    Steady Scribe
    Member Since
    Jul 2016
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    53
    sorry .. didn't realise my message had moved into this section. So took me a little time to realise. I thought it had been deleted

    thanks, I think lol .. I guess that explains what an infraction is. But it doesn't help explain why i got one.

    I thought, that because the meetings where in groupme that we could direct people to groupme.


    This is the message i got---

    You have received an infraction at GREE Forum.

    Reason: Discriminatory Remarks
    -------

    -------

    This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

  4. #4
    Steady Scribe
    Member Since
    Jul 2016
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    53
    I have re read the message and it just doesn't make sense..

    Is this an automated thing that was triggered or did someone do it. If the later then that person should be able to explain what I did? It just says "Administrator"

  5. #5
    Moderator Vile Lynn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    in your dreams
    Post Count
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by OlapDev View Post
    sorry .. didn't realise my message had moved into this section. So took me a little time to realise. I thought it had been deleted

    thanks, I think lol .. I guess that explains what an infraction is. But it doesn't help explain why i got one.

    I thought, that because the meetings where in groupme that we could direct people to groupme.


    This is the message i got---

    You have received an infraction at GREE Forum.

    Reason: Discriminatory Remarks
    -------

    -------

    This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlapDev View Post
    I have re read the message and it just doesn't make sense..

    Is this an automated thing that was triggered or did someone do it. If the later then that person should be able to explain what I did? It just says "Administrator"


    Did you really read the Forum Code of Conduct? There is a entire section, some of it is in bold and underlined, that I think you might have missed...
    Volunteer Moderators are community members chosen to help with the day-to-day running and maintenance of the forum. Mod actions are not a topic for public discussion, any public discussion of Moderator actions will be subject to an infraction and eventual ban.
    You could have rightfully received another infraction and this thread could have been deleted instead being moved to the Off-Topic (OT) subforum, but I'm a nice person and enjoy helping others. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I figured being transparent was the best choice in this situation.


    To help you understand your infraction...
    Replying to OT posts in any thread is still OT.
    The thread topic was about Facebook, not chat rooms or game issues.
    My reply about Facebook was adequate and directly from a Deca staff member.
    Derailing the thread to recruit players into exclusive, off-site chat rooms because you don't want to share information here on the forum is not acceptable and is discrimination.
    Infractions for repeated OT posts do not expire; infractions for Discriminatory Remarks do.

    I sincerely hope this makes sense to you, now.
    If you still feel you're being treated unfairly or the Forum Code of Conduct does not apply to you, please contact Customer Service. Everything, even deleted posts, is well documented and visible for admin, staff and other moderators to review.
    Mean people suck.

  6. #6
    Steady Scribe
    Member Since
    Jul 2016
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Did you really read the Forum Code of Conduct? There is a entire section, some of it is in bold and underlined, that I think you might have missed...
    You could have rightfully received another infraction and this thread could have been deleted instead being moved to the Off-Topic (OT) subforum, but I'm a nice person and enjoy helping others. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I figured being transparent was the best choice in this situation.


    To help you understand your infraction...
    Replying to OT posts in any thread is still OT.
    The thread topic was about Facebook, not chat rooms or game issues.
    My reply about Facebook was adequate and directly from a Deca staff member.
    Derailing the thread to recruit players into exclusive, off-site chat rooms because you don't want to share information here on the forum is not acceptable and is discrimination.
    Infractions for repeated OT posts do not expire; infractions for Discriminatory Remarks do.

    I sincerely hope this makes sense to you, now.
    If you still feel you're being treated unfairly or the Forum Code of Conduct does not apply to you, please contact Customer Service. Everything, even deleted posts, is well documented and visible for admin, staff and other moderators to review.
    In answer to your first question. Yes I did read the CoC in full. However, the infraction mail that I got did not say who it was direct from or how it happen. That is why I asked if it was automated. Secondly, the email comes from "Administrator", which met that I was unable to reply to the email. This is what created an issue in trying to get clarification. Becuase I didn't know if it was an action of a "Volunteer Moderator" or the system .. (Side note .. I don't know who volunteer mods are .. I guess you must be one then. Below your name it just says "Moderator", rather than volunteer)

    In answer to the infraction. I replied to WBS's post which is still in the same thread. I would have thought that if my post was seem OT (Off Topic?) then his/hers would have been OT as well. All i did was advise him to go into the GroupMe Boycott room and ask a player rep for advise. That's what that room is there for. The room has over 300 active members spanning hundreds of factions. It is also the place where members pass on their info to the player reps and then after the meeting they pass the results/transcripts back to us.. It is not an exclusive room and is open to anybody.

    I really dont know why you decided to pick on me. It really feels like I am being bullied.

    Unfortunately it makes me feel that I am no longer welcome in the forums. I am now fearful of replying in case I fall victim to rules that I don't understand.

    Yours,
    OlapDev (Adrian David (AD))
    Last edited by OlapDev; 05-23-2017 at 03:17 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •