Name changes during events

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Name changes during events

  1. #1
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    246

    Name changes during events

    Will syns ever not be able to to change their name when events lock syns down? If syns can't change the people that are in at time of event, they shouldn't be able to trick others thinking that they are playing against a different group just so they can get more points to get a better rank. I know I will have others saying I'm wrong, but this is cheating. Events lock the people into the syn, the names should be locked as well.

  2. #2
    Articulate Author ghetto69143's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    407
    The leader gets rooted in place.
    If you're worried about a syndicate changing names, are you going to say im not allowed to change my game name during said event?
    That would be messed up that you want everyone to lock in like we in jail.
    This wouldn't work for Gree/ DECA as they see gold being used.

    Please don't put this in place.
    In a free player with not the greatest stats but I take advantage of free gold for a free name change.
    Last edited by ghetto69143; 12-05-2017 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Fat fingers

  3. #3
    Verbose Veteran Red BD's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    "None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    703
    I did not know a Syn could do this, but thinking back I guess it’s doable. It’s a tad devious and probably not worth the gold to my mind, but so what? If SAS or Piddly’s Weekend Warriors is stealing your moniker to gain some supposed advantage consider it a compliment- back handed perhaps but....
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

  4. #4
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    246
    Its basically cheating. Falsifying info to gain an advantage that they will have anyway since they spend crazy amounts of money to begin with. Keep it fair for all, don't just worry about how much money you can get Deca.

  5. #5
    Articulate Author ghetto69143's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Foty View Post
    Its basically cheating. Falsifying info to gain an advantage that they will have anyway since they spend crazy amounts of money to begin with. Keep it fair for all, don't just worry about how much money you can get Deca.
    Cheating is defined as - to act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

    Im taking a personal offense to you labeling top teams as cheaters....
    If you can do the same thing I can (and its not a secret, a glitch, or exploit)
    What makes me a cheater?
    I change my game name because others record my name and stats.
    I change my syn name because others record my whole team and their stats.
    I don't like being recorded, therefore I change names.
    Am I wrong for trying to keep a "leg up " against rivals

    I ask you kindly to please refrain from calling others cheaters without having
    Some legit proof that one has actually "Cheated"
    Last edited by ghetto69143; 12-29-2017 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Choice of words

  6. #6
    Verbose Veteran Mrs Cash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto69143 View Post
    Cheating is defined as - to act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

    Im taking a personal offense to you labeling top teams as cheaters....
    If you can do the same thing I can (and its not a secret, a glitch, or exploit)
    What makes me a cheater?
    I change my game name because others record my name and stats.
    I change my syn name because others record my whole team and their stats.
    I don't like being recorded, therefore I change names.
    Am I wrong for trying to keep a "leg up " against rivals

    I ask you kindly to please refrain from calling others cheaters without having
    Some legit proof that one has actually "Cheated"
    Oh, waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.
    Android, wifi

    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    CC 720 641 277 Syndicate Code💥Daily players wanted, team, participate in all syndicate events. Officers must be on GroupMe. No gold, only donate Syndicate Base materials.

    💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥.

    MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    MW 751 241 780 Faction Code 💥

  7. #7
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto69143 View Post
    Cheating is defined as - to act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

    Im taking a personal offense to you labeling top teams as cheaters....
    If you can do the same thing I can (and its not a secret, a glitch, or exploit)
    What makes me a cheater?
    I change my game name because others record my name and stats.
    I change my syn name because others record my whole team and their stats.
    I don't like being recorded, therefore I change names.
    Am I wrong for trying to keep a "leg up " against rivals

    I ask you kindly to please refrain from calling others cheaters without having
    Some legit proof that one has actually "Cheated"
    If you had actually read what I wrote, I said that someone who changes syn stats is cheating. But yes those syns that change names are also cheating. They make a the opposing syns think they are fighting someone else, then blitz them at the end. By your definition that you yourself posted, you agree with me. If your syn changes your name because you don't want people to know its you, that backs up what I said. And I also never said top syns only did it. If you're taking offense to something that was never stated, maybe you need to think about what you're doing.

  8. #8
    Master of Musings
    Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Post Count
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Foty View Post
    If you had actually read what I wrote, I said that someone who changes syn stats is cheating. But yes those syns that change names are also cheating. They make a the opposing syns think they are fighting someone else, then blitz them at the end. By your definition that you yourself posted, you agree with me. If your syn changes your name because you don't want people to know its you, that backs up what I said. And I also never said top syns only did it. If you're taking offense to something that was never stated, maybe you need to think about what you're doing.
    Am I wrong in thinking there are two unchangable ways in which syndicates are identified - the nine digit numerical code used for joining and to identify the syn to the company, and the three character code which is shown during SA battles.

    By creating a searchable list of those latter codes, wouldn't it make it impossible to fool other teams? How many teams indulge in name changing?
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

  9. #9
    Articulate Author ghetto69143's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cash View Post
    Oh, waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.
    Um, you should direct your quote to someone that is actually complaining. ..
    Very smart choice of words for sure, though

  10. #10
    Articulate Author ghetto69143's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Foty View Post
    If you had actually read what I wrote,
    I said that someone who changes syn stats is cheating.
    But yes those syns that change names are also cheating. They make a the opposing syns think they are fighting someone else, then blitz them at the end. By your definition that you yourself posted, you agree with me. If your syn changes your name because you don't want people to know its you, that backs up what I said. And I also never said top syns only did it. If you're taking offense to something that was never stated, maybe you need to think about what you're doing.
    At what point were you referring to "Syn stats" ?

    Cheating would consist of defrauding the system as opposed to taking advantage of something already being offered
    Pretty sure them "Cheaters" are not taking advantage of something the game is offering to all players
    Do you personally feel "cheated" because you use a different strategy ?

    Pretty sure I've seen some t20 teams using name changes
    Last edited by ghetto69143; 01-01-2018 at 11:16 AM. Reason: To edit..

  11. #11
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto69143 View Post
    At what point were you referring to "Syn stats" ?

    Cheating would consist of defrauding the system as opposed to taking advantage of something already being offered
    Pretty sure them "Cheaters" are not taking advantage of something the game is offering to all players
    Do you personally feel "cheated" because you use a different strategy ?

    Pretty sure I've seen some t20 teams using name changes
    I stated that in the second post of mine you quoted.

  12. #12
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Aug 2013
    Post Count
    104
    It’s already been stated that this will not be changing. So if it is that big of a deal to you maybe it’s time to quit complaining and just quit playing. Or don’t play that specific event.

  13. #13
    Articulate Author ghetto69143's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Foty View Post
    I stated that in the second post of mine you quoted.
    I stand corrected about your mentioning "syn stats"
    Now I ask, what specifically is "syn stats" that you speak of?

    since no clarification from start of thread, lets look at something.
    I said that someone who changes syn stats is cheating. But yes those syns that change names are also cheating
    By this acct, anyone that increases clubhouse levels could be penalized
    When my syndicate has enough resources we opt in for a permanent boost tailored to our syndicate.
    Does this make us cheaters?
    We use the same methods as everyone in the game

    By your definition, we are considered cheaters..
    Please refrain from calling someone a cheater when they clearly do not.
    Last edited by ghetto69143; 01-05-2018 at 12:05 PM. Reason: To edit...

  14. #14
    Verbose Veteran Red BD's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    "None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    703

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking there are two unchangable ways in which syndicates are identified - the nine digit numerical code used for joining and to identify the syn to the company, and the three character code which is shown during SA battles.

    By creating a searchable list of those latter codes, wouldn't it make it impossible to fool other teams? How many teams indulge in name changing?
    I think you are incorrect, but Iím not sure. Iíll need to check if there is ever another SA, but the whole idea of searchable lists (of a number of things) is a great idea. Maybe Deca addressed that Turing itís (so far) 3 week ďhiatus.Ē

    Who knows?😜
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •