I'm old and in over my head! Help! - Page 2

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: I'm old and in over my head! Help!

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    7
    You sir, are hands down the most lucid and erudite person I've ever had the privilege to converse with on this god forsaken thing they call the Internet. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions; I'm fairly certain that I may or may not but probably or at least hopefully will, understand at least a part of your explanation with a week of further study. Don't be discouraged, it could be worse! You could have just found out your retarded like I did!

    I'll have to look into this ally thing a bit more, and I thank you for the tip on the goo dude!

    By the way, would you mind terribly taking a job with Hewlett Packard? I'm having trouble with my computer and they don't seem to speak the languages we call "common sense" "good faith" and "honesty". I'm currently searching for a Rosetta Stone but it's not looking good.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Euchred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Meticulously Collecting
    Posts
    2,064
    Minecraft FTW

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    7
    Ack!!! I knew darn well I screwed up; I didn't try to level up, I just killed things. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Just one thing, I'm not quite sure what you said. Where did I go wrong and how do I fix it? I thought I was going slow!




    Quote Originally Posted by Freekizh View Post
    Welcome to the forum bud.

    8 levels in 1 day? And you have you have like 1 or 2 allies right? I would slow down a little bit here old chap until you get your bearings. This game isn't meant to be played like an arcade game in one day....

    Very low level allied players will need to opine whether its viable to stay this low at his level ...

  4. #14
    Senior Member Ghost818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Snocat View Post
    You sir, are hands down the most lucid and erudite person I've ever had the privilege to converse with on this god forsaken thing they call the Internet. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions; I'm fairly certain that I may or may not but probably or at least hopefully will, understand at least a part of your explanation with a week of further study. Don't be discouraged, it could be worse! You could have just found out your retarded like I did!

    I'll have to look into this ally thing a bit more, and I thank you for the tip on the goo dude!

    By the way, would you mind terribly taking a job with Hewlett Packard? I'm having trouble with my computer and they don't seem to speak the languages we call "common sense" "good faith" and "honesty". I'm currently searching for a Rosetta Stone but it's not looking good.
    What may the problem be with your computer? Perhaps one of us could be of assistance?
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

    KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965


    New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

    Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

    Et Tu Brute?

    Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

    Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

    Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

  5. #15
    Senior Member Freekizh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Snocat View Post
    Ack!!! I knew darn well I screwed up; I didn't try to level up, I just killed things. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Just one thing, I'm not quite sure what you said. Where did I go wrong and how do I fix it? I thought I was going slow!
    I didn't give you any advice except to slow down bud.

    I'm asking other forum members who have very low allies at your level to help you out as your situation is pretty unqiue. Your biggest decision now is whether to stay under the radar (i.e., try not be seen by a large number of rivals) IF YOU CAN by keeping the number of allies you have at the moment the same, or increase the number of allies to boost your stats, especially defense. Most of my low level allies on level 7-9 have around 15-30 allies.

    I think right now your low level buildings and low allies (I am assuming less than 3?) is not getting you any attention fortunately.
    Last edited by Freekizh; 04-30-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    KA ("Freekizh") 774 907 809 - Be Strong. Play a lone hand.

    Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

    KA Strategy & Tactical Guide

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    7
    Sometimes I amaze even myself, in the wee short time betwixt my missive and your reply I managed to step on my twig and berries. ie. most of my buildings are now twos and some are threes AND I now have another ally somehow, bringing the total abysmally to two. I guess my idea of staying under the radar consists of jumping up and down screaming like a lunatic and baring my pale flaccid arse to the world. BOOGA BOOGA!!

    Not only that but the damn game leveled me up to nine while I had my back turned. I've invested what little money I had into the vault in the hopes that I can sc**** some remnant of dignity from the rubble that's left of my lands... I'd say easy come easy go but it wasn't. Mebe they'll leave me the cottage, thank god I don't have a tavern yet. It'd break my heart to lose that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freekizh View Post
    I didn't give you any advice except to slow down bud.

    I'm asking other forum members who have very low allies at your level to help you out as your situation is pretty unqiue. Your biggest decision now is whether to stay under the radar (i.e., try not be seen by a large number of rivals) IF YOU CAN by keeping the number of allies you have at the moment the same, or increase the number of allies to boost your stats, especially defense. Most of my low level allies on level 7-9 have around 15-30 allies.

    I think right now your low level buildings and low allies (I am assuming less than 3?) is not getting you any attention fortunately.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Freekizh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    996
    Thats ok - don't add any more allies. I believe the cutoff is like 3.

    Have a cup of tea and take a break. This game is more like correspondence chess - take your time. Otherwise you will get your a** handed to you in a tupperwear container very soon.
    KA ("Freekizh") 774 907 809 - Be Strong. Play a lone hand.

    Currently recruiting allies! Please resend a request or PM me your ID. I apologize for the inconvenience

    KA Strategy & Tactical Guide

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    7
    Any help regards my computer would would be greatly appreciated but I have to say that I'm loathe to drag anyone into the miasma that I call "The Young and the Computerless". It a soap opera with no comic relief, Don Knotts is playing me in the movie version.

    If you're serious I'll happily accept your help, I just have to warn you up front that it's like having a dog walk across you; it's all warm and fuzzy at first, downgrading to a pink underbelly, and then WHAM! Hewllet Packard pokes its willy in your face and your all disgusted and left feeling faintly ashamed. Kinda like how you felt after watching "Dumb and Dumber".

    Dang, I should get a job writing disclaimers for Personal Injury Lawyers! Hehehhehehehe!

    Seriously though, I feel like an idiot, but not so much that I won't take help when it's so generously offered.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Ghost818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,792
    Well if my knowledge can help you ask and we will find out if I can help
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

    KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965


    New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

    Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

    Et Tu Brute?

    Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

    Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

    Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •