Attack stats: Your number vs. Modern War's number

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attack stats: Your number vs. Modern War's number

Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count

Attack stats: Your number vs. Modern War's number

One of the great mysteries here on the forums that I have seen time and again brought up, but never resolved-the attack score difference. Here is a possible reason nobody's numbers add up from their spreadsheet:

It could be that our country, building, or combination of boosts are applied AFTER our battle units are selected to fight. Here's an example of what might transpire:

Let's say you have your lowest set of units brought into battle are Super Hornets (air) and SCUDs (ground).

SH attack 36
    SCUD attack 35

With max building boost of your ground units all the way up to 20% SCUDs should have an attack of 42. However, if units going into battle are decided on their UNboosted attack number, that extra seven attack points will be missing when the game chooses the SH over the SCUD. Times this by however many bottom units are affected and the "margin of error" can vary widely.

Anybody with a complete spreadsheet care to test this possibility out?

I've been away for a bit, so pardon me if this thing has been figured out. I saw this question again though in another thread and I figured a thread of it's own can enlighten all of us.
    Last edited by JohnnyR; 10-03-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

PM for ally add.

Post Count
    you're alive?

EDIT: and to the OP - that is a very interesting thought.

so you're saying maybe, even if after boosts incorporated and the SCUDs are stronger Att #, that the SH would be selected due to the fact of its raw attack? maybe, i guess..

so the profile att/def numbers...
    do they reflect the CURRENT units taken to battle only? or only after raw att/def numbers are selected?
    Last edited by Dreno33; 10-03-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    I haven't played since 2012... I heard there was inflation since, lol.
    NAME LVL BONUS INCOME ATT : DEF
    MW Dreno33 60 UK 3XX,XXX,XXX 66,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX : 68,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX
    CC TheDreno33 62 Tycoon 70,XXX,XXX 9,XXX,XXX,XXX : 7,XXX,XXX,XXX
    GREE bought Funzio's games for $210 Million! Why?
    I downloaded it for free!

Post Count
    Hahaha!

Very much so. :-)

By the way, if you still have the pacman up, I can't wait to check out your base. I'm playin' on me droid.
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]

PM for ally add.

Post Count
    Going to work on this a bit more tomorrow. I have 10 allies and take 40 units to battle. I have input my units into the toolkit but they are off. I don't think defense values for buildings are included in my stats? My attack is off by 8 and I suspect it is a rounding error. I will try to confirm this in morning. Is the guerilla striker +20% bonus active in the toolkit?

Post Count
    You could be on to something JR. According to your theory, my attack score in my spreadsheet is only 10 points higher than my profile score. Before, when I would assume the boosts are taken into account before going to battle, my spreadsheet would be 120 points higher than the true attack value. So it's definitely a difference in the right direction.

MW: 126 058 489
    CC: 312 373 670
    KA: 429 627 930

MLB Full Deck : 9K7W52

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreno33 View Post
    you're alive?
    Seriously?? Get the f out of our forum if you cannot comment on topic. That should be a pm.

Now on topic

Johnny,

Buildings have an score that is added to atleast the defense score. This includes defense buildings and non-cash.
    KOD attempted to make a spreadsheet to determine attack and defense but was always about 3 to 4 percent low for me.
    The toolkit is also low but takes buildings into account. I do believe we discussed the nation boost determining top placement and then building boost to follow.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    Hahaha!

Very much so. :-)

By the way, if you still have the pacman up, I can't wait to check out your base. I'm playin' on me droid.
    of course it is!(: just shifted closer to the corner now. took about a day to do so, lmao.
    im lvl 24 now. lil dreno is growing up.

how've you been man? looooong time. PM me your android number, ill add ya

also, first post edited

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    One of the great mysteries here on the forums that I have seen time and again brought up, but never resolved-the attack score difference. Here is a possible reason nobody's numbers add up from their spreadsheet:

It could be that our country, building, or combination of boosts are applied AFTER our battle units are selected to fight. Here's an example of what might transpire:

Let's say you have your lowest set of units brought into battle are Super Hornets (air) and SCUDs (ground).

SH attack 36
    SCUD attack 35

With max building boost of your ground units all the way up to 20% SCUDs should have an attack of 42. However, if units going into battle are decided on their UNboosted attack number, that extra seven attack points will be missing when the game chooses the SH over the SCUD. Times this by however many bottom units are affected and the "margin of error" can vary widely.

Anybody with a complete spreadsheet care to test this possibility out?

I've been away for a bit, so pardon me if this thing has been figured out. I saw this question again though in another thread and I figured a thread of it's own can enlighten all of us.
    I will confirm this as right or wrong in the morning. I have my top 92 units in a spreadsheet and then decided to drop allies to have smaller data set. So I know all 40 units I take to battle and also the next 52. I can compare for anomalies

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopenshire View Post
    Seriously?? Get the f out of our forum if you cannot comment on topic. That should be a pm.

Now on topic

Johnny,

Buildings have an score that is added to atleast the defense score. This includes defense buildings and non-cash.
    KOD attempted to make a spreadsheet to determine attack and defense but was always about 3 to 4 percent low for me.
    The toolkit is also low but takes buildings into account. I do believe we discussed the nation boost determining top placement and then building boost to follow.
    hey, d!ck,
    watch your mouth. i edited it before you even posted. why are you becoming the new seq?

Post Count
    you're alive?

EDIT: and to the OP - that is a very interesting thought.

so you're saying maybe, even if after boosts incorporated and the SCUDs are stronger Att #, that the SH would be selected due to the fact of its raw attack? maybe, i guess..

so the profile att/def numbers...
    do they reflect the CURRENT units taken to battle only? or only after raw att/def numbers are selected?
    Bingo.

Didn't realize bout KOD's sheet, hmm. I threw this out as a possibility in the past, seemed to fall flat then.

PM for ally add.

Post Count

hey, d!ck,
    watch your mouth. i edited it before you even posted. why are you becoming the new seq?
    Hey Poopenshire you need to peace out on Dreno...remember you guys are in original 25 members who share your pics in this forum...the below thread can prove it...

KA - Officially Retired
    Former FUN member for 9 wars & 12th times in a row Conquest of Kings World Champions..!!!

Post Count
    hey JohnnyR, seems like old times with you starting threads

You make a great point, it'll be interesting to see if anyone can prove it one way or the other. My personal feeling is that boost IS taken in to account before units are picked for battle just because my top 45 units that are shown are in the correct order. i.e. An air unit with a lower attack will be placed higher than a ground unit with a higher attack as the boost gives it a higher total attack. This makes me think the game does look at boost stats for deciding units but obviously that's just a theory.

The other issue is one of pure maths. How are boosts calculated by the game? Results can vary hugely.

Super Hornet = 36 attack raw.

With Russia nation boost (10%) and a level 5 air building boost (10%) and an imaginary Guerilla Striker boost (20%) your attack stat could be:

36 + 10% + 10% +20% = 52.27

It could also be:

36 + 40% = 50.4

Big difference. Maybe this is the very simple maths question we need to be asking CCM? How do they calculate the boosts?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivesy View Post
    . . .You make a great point, it'll be interesting to see if anyone can prove it one way or the other. . . Maybe this is the very simple maths question we need to be asking CCM? How do they calculate the boosts?
    One thing I can predict - CCM will not divulge any part of any formula
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivesy View Post
    The other issue is one of pure maths. How are boosts calculated by the game? Results can vary hugely.

Super Hornet = 36 attack raw.

With Russia nation boost (10%) and a level 5 air building boost (10%) and an imaginary Guerilla Striker boost (20%) your attack stat could be:

36 + 10% + 10% +20% = 52.27

It could also be:

36 + 40% = 50.4

Big difference. Maybe this is the very simple maths question we need to be asking CCM? How do they calculate the boosts?
    I have seen in the past Option 2 being the correct one. The boosts were always on the original stat and not compounded. I even believe i remember seeing this from CCM, I will look today and see if i can find the thread and link it.

Post Count
    I have seen in the past Option 2 being the correct one. The boosts were always on the original stat and not compounded. I even believe i remember seeing this from CCM, I will look today and see if i can find the thread and link it.
    Thanks poop that would be great if you can link to the info as I'm really intrigued. All my figures and spreadsheets are worked out on option 1 so this could be the answer to why I'm out.