Scratchers will kill the game

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scratchers will kill the game

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Thumbs down Scratchers will kill the game

I've just spent the last 5 days glued to my Ipad and I finally managed to finish within the top 250 finalists of the shipping crates event.
    This morning I wake up and discover that scratchers are now available in MW. So, I've decided to take a look to the scratchers payout table and discovered that some prizes are ridiculous.

Took a look to the Forum and discovered that the prizes are the same for every players (regardless of their level).

This doesn't make sense at all and it's unfair. From now on any lucky player can win a prize that would take months to other players to match/save. A lucky LLP can become a god within a second and then use his prize to crush is opponents.

While some prizes are obviously too big for LLP, some prizes are not significant for HLP.

GREE, if you want to keep these scratchers in the game that's fine but make sure to be fair! The prizes should depend on your level (as they are in the boss events).

I'm very disappointed. My brand new Hawker Attack Chopper now looks like a toy. You are killing the game!
    Last edited by Commander Vador; 10-29-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Post Count
    Isn't the price 30 gold per ticket, with a free ticket daily?

Post Count
    Insert the word prize instead of price to understand fully.

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Typing away in an old Cold War missile silo.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Vador View Post
    I've just spent the last 5 days glued to my Ipad and I finally managed to finish within the top 250 finalists of the shipping crates event.
    This morning I wake up and discover that scratchers are now available in MW. So, I've decided to take a look to the scratchers payout table and discovered that some prices are ridiculous.

Took a look to the Forum and discovered that the prices are the same for every players (regardless of their level).

This doesn't make sense at all and it's unfair. From now on any lucky player can win a price that would take months to other players to match/save. A lucky LLP can become a god within a second and then use his price to crush is opponents.

While some prices are obviously too big for LLP, some prices are not significant for HLP.

GREE, if you want to keep these scratchers in the game that's fine but make sure to be fair! The prices should depend on your level (as they are in the boss events).

I'm very disappointed. My brand new Hawker Attack Chopper now looks like a toy. You are killing the game!
    Yeah, maybe making unit stats and cash bonuses lower for LLPs. Then again, the chances of getting 5 or 6 matches isn't too high. I've only seen a few forum members saying they have gotten 5 matches. Also, 1 billion cash is a lot, maybe too much. You could amass a powerful army quickly and beat out the other LLPs.
    |Trophy Case|
    Dust, a few rubles, cobwebs, gum wrappers, obsolete units

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    yea and the chance of winning the top prize is next to impossible.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhenry02 View Post
    Insert the word prize instead of price to understand fully.
    Thanks Jhenry02 !

Post Count
    I got your back Vador...

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhenry02 View Post
    I got your back Vador...
    Always nice to have a senior member watching over you!

Post Count
    @cvader -

I agree with some of your points but the match 5 and 6 are very rare. No one will acquire enough them to become a "god" (except hackers). The 1 billion cash could make an LLP very untouchable in the low levels. Ive been playing CC daily for months and haven't gotten a 5 or 6 match yet. I think it will be ok. Hey it's free stuff for a change

Verbose Veteran Ph4ntom Stranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    I agree that scratcher's should absolutely be tiered to level just as everything else is...

P.S. Gree - They should be on every device as well.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD@wg View Post
    @cvader -

I agree with some of your points but the match 5 and 6 are very rare. No one will acquire enough them to become a "god" (except hackers). The 1 billion cash could make an LLP very untouchable in the low levels. Ive been playing CC daily for months and haven't gotten a 5 or 6 match yet. I think it will be ok. Hey it's free stuff for a change
    Sorry but take a look to the thread entitled Scratchers and you will see that in 3 days some players had 5/6 matches. Also, if it's so rare to get a good match that makes the advantage even greater. No that's not fair.
    Prizes should go to the real player not the loto winners.

Post Count
    Sorry but take a look to the thread entitled Scratchers and you will see that in 3 days some players had 5/6 matches. Also, if it's so rare to get a good match that makes the advantage even greater. No that's not fair.
    I understand your point. I feel that some of this "luck" with the first few days of scratchers is deliberate.....to entice spending gold for additional scratchers. I don't know. Just my opinion.

Typing away in an old Cold War missile silo.
    Post Count
    Exactly. People who have been playing for a week shouldn't win better stuff then players who have been on for months. It's just like the boss events before they were nerfed for levels 100+.
    |Trophy Case|
    Dust, a few rubles, cobwebs, gum wrappers, obsolete units

Post Count
    This was my exact Concern. I don't mind the Scratchers (although i don't think they add much to the game other than trying to help balance the Free/Gold Players but you have to make it Tiered. In Fact don't even offer the Scratchers until level 50? 75? 100? Give an incentive for players to level instead of Camp. I understand that we all like to get free items but esentially all of the commons "3 pairs or less" won't make it into my army anyways. While i think it would be nice if a player was level 100 and realized that he leveled too quickly this would allow him to potentially stay in the game?
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    I totally disagree. I don't believe in tiered prizes. Think of it this way: everyone that keeps playing will eventually top out at level 200. Some players it takes 1 month, some players it takes 1 year. Now, if I win a prize at level 149 and a player level 150 wins the same prize but with 25% better stats, it puts me at a disadvantage when I reach the next tier of prizes(could only be a handful of xp points). I could have been playing the game months longer than the other player, yet they have an advantage just because they advanced quicker than I did. If someone is lucky enough to win multiple match 5 or 6 prizes, then I will invite them on my next trip to Monaco.