Breeding Dens - cost of upgrade too high

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeding Dens - cost of upgrade too high

Lurker
    Post Count

Breeding Dens - cost of upgrade too high

It costs 600,000+ to upgrade your Breeding Den from level 7 to level 8. At the same time, the maximum that you can protect in your vault is 330,000.

Now with even high income per hours not exceeding 6,000 (generally), this would mean that a player's gold would be exposed to his attackers for weeks if he is to upgrade his Breeding Den to level 10.

Shouldn't this be fixed? I think upgrading unit stats in Kingdom Age wasn't a good idea and instead, income from buildings should have been boosted.

Post Count
    Thats why you either get your IPH up from start of game.

Put your skill points into stamia (atleast 20)

Then go raiding lots of players for income.

Everyone can get there buildings upgrade by leaving the gold overvault so why cant you?

Alt you can purchase real gold to fund your upgrade.
    The1nONLY
    WORLD 2

The Corporation

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It's done that way to increase the chances of people spending real money on gold. So if you don't mind dropping $100 for BD Lvl 9 and around $150 for BD Lvl 10, you're there. Otherwise, you have to depend on strategy and lots of luck.

Post Count
    So many other players have done it therefore it is not impossible. The game isn't meant to be super easy so it can be beaten in a few weeks. It take would take years to actually "finish" the game by upgrading everything to level 10 unless you purchased an unreal amount of gems and gold.
    KA - 873-391-060
    MW - 637-562-591

Banned
    Post Count
    If BD10 was easy to get, everyone would have Dragons.

Post Count
    I think an upgraded vault would be nice.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    It costs 600,000+ to upgrade your Breeding Den from level 7 to level 8. At the same time, the maximum that you can protect in your vault is 330,000.

Now with even high income per hours not exceeding 6,000 (generally), this would mean that a player's gold would be exposed to his attackers for weeks if he is to upgrade his Breeding Den to level 10.

Shouldn't this be fixed? I think upgrading unit stats in Kingdom Age wasn't a good idea and instead, income from buildings should have been boosted.
    Did you upgrade lumber mill to level 10? Upgrade that first than you can upgrade all buildings that cost to much of gold..
    [FK] TITAN

Post Count
    The challenge of getting my BD to level ten is the only reason I'm playing this game, upgrading defence stats to scare off attackers, befriending gem players. Having a high iph to make the runs shorter, and collecting as much as possible on time, if a would be attacker sees a lot of uncollected buildings s/he will look at your stats, and see unvaluted gold. So for me it risky but leave it as it is

Post Count
    Weeks?!

I was over vault for not even 24 hours to make my Breeding Den 10 run. I raided 100's of buildings. It's not easy. It's not hard. You'll find a way.

I don't spend [real] money on gold. And, I never will. But, Gems yes.
    Knights & Dragons
    My Code: XBB - HBY - YPD
    Level 101

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    If everyone easily had dragons and level 8 manors the game wouldn't even be worth playing. The lower vault and BD10 cash requirement makes at least some level of strategy relevent.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bgood View Post
    If everyone easily had dragons and level 8 manors the game wouldn't even be worth playing. The lower vault and BD10 cash requirement makes at least some level of strategy relevant.
    completely agree with bgood. if it was easy it would be boring . plus it creates different players with different strategies instead of just everyone leveling up as fast as possible

Post Count
    I couldn't disagree more. The planning and saving for BD10 made the game interesting! I met a bunch of great people while saving up for BD9 & 10, and even some of the people who hit me on the way up ended up being awesome too.

If it was easy to get BD10, then everyone would have dragons and the game would be much more boring.

Post Count
    I'll be starting my BD10 upgrade tonight without PVPing at all. I was able to go from BD1 to BD9 without stopping. It PAYS to start your BD10 at level 50!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppers View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. The planning and saving for BD10 made the game interesting! I met a bunch of great people while saving up for BD9 & 10, and even some of the people who hit me on the way up ended up being awesome too.

If it was easy to get BD10, then everyone would have dragons and the game would be much more boring.
    This. Couldn't have said it better.

Consistent Contributor Metajetta's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm working NOW on my BD strategy (level 45). As someone else said, it's one of my main game objectives. Leveling things up is particularly challenging for me as I have a random real life factor. I figure by level 5 or 6 on the BD I will have not only organized that challenge in the game, but come up with some IRL coping strategies also.

Very likely I'll take the raiding marathon route also. Hide yer cattle. Well, a year from now anyway. I've known this for a while and have been making a careful study of attack do's and don'ts.

It's possible I may change my plan though. The fun is there there are so many possible ways to go. Including buying your way there. If the developers did not offer that option, there would be a bunch of people asking for it. So I don't really think that's an evil plot either. Not today, anyway.

This Land DR T40: "Ever been up in a Firefly? Wanna?" DR code: 487212001 (Line Chat required!)