Choosing units for battle?

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing units for battle?

Post Count

Choosing units for battle?

I know that when you attack, the game automatically uses the units with the greatest attack, and it works the same with defense when you are attacked.

My question is what if you have units with the same exact attack? For example, a Centaur Soldier is 28/32 and a Wicked Cultist is 28/23. I'm assuming if the game has to pick between the two, it goes with the Centaur Soldier since it has greater defense, thus a greater overall power (att+def.) If I am wrong, please tell me.

But what if the units have the same exact stats like the Priest of Time and Servant of the Light, which are both 70/43? If the game has to choose one unit to send into battle and one unit to sit on the sidelines, how would it decide?

Post Count
    For your first question, you would only be concerned with either attack or defence. The issue of A+D does not arise.

For your second question. dunno. If the programming is smart, it should choose the unit which after consideration of boost building and such like gives you the best attack or defence (depending on which side of the line you are playing in the given moment). But I really don't know.
    Proud Member of the

KA - 358177252

Honora ante Fidem, Fides ante Ego
    (Honour before Loyalty, Loyalty before Self)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." - Wiseman, Sucker Punch

Consistent Contributor Black Knight's Avatar
    Post Count
    If the units with same stats were both indestructibles, then it doesn't really matter. Six of one, half a dozen of the either as the saying goes.

If it was an indestructible versus a normal unit (eg. Centaur Soldier vs Air Elemantal) I would assume the indestructible would be chosen, but I don't honestly know.

As echus said, the only other factor is the boost building. You would hope the unit with the highest boost is selected.
    [FK] Black Knight
    KA:917-184-778
    MW:708-749-695
    I'm Jeff Vader.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The best unit you can have is allies. Cost nothing, and gives great boost. I need allies, NOW! Lvl 75, a/d 118k/91k... add me 641-446-997.

Post Count
    But if the indestructible has lower stats would it still be used ? Say an undead crawler in comparison to flaming catapult ?.

Post Count
    Stop crying, this isn't a third grade question.

(Sidenote: You're using Hydras. Rly?)
    Knights & Dragons
    My Code: XBB - HBY - YPD
    Level 101

Post Count
    On my former account i attacked one player with lots of indestructible units on his inventory,gem units not event units & i won the battle ,my stats was little bigger then his,he had stronger units some was 400 a/d
    [FK] TITAN

Post Count
    For all intents and purposes let's say you have 550 units total in the game & 50 allies. You will be bringing 450 units into battle at any given time.

Your units (again, for the sake of ease) are #400 dragons 105/69, #75 (?) royal knights 50/75 and #75 (?) magic priests 75/50.

If you were to attack then yes, your highest units would be brought into the battle. So #400 dragons and #50 priests. Your priests are 2nd on the food chain for attack power. If you were to defend then you would bring in the #75 knights and #375 dragons because that would net you the highest defense.

Disclaimer: Not sure if that is really how the game runs. But, I'd like to think it was.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Johnny:

I may be wrong but doesnt 150 allies get you 450 units and 50 gets you 150? Allies X 3 but otherwise the logic still stands

Post Count
    50 allies = 3 allies per ally but each unit brings a weapon and an armor. 1 for the unit , 1 for the weapon, 1 for the armor 150.

150 allies would be the 450.
    Last edited by jonny0284; 01-10-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: * I'm an ass.

Post Count
    LMAO! Well played. JUST CAUGHT IT.

Post Count
    Just buy a dragon army, problem solved. You get all units stronger than a dragon and then dragons in battle! Get on the BD10 train to dragon town!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I am now worried about not having enough weapons to bring to war. I have 790 dragons, and still buying. But I dont have enough weapons and armour. But buying dragons is still gives best bang for buck over weapons.

I need allies, NOW! Lvl 75, a/d 127k/98k... add me 641-446-997.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TemplarX View Post
    I am now worried about not having enough weapons to bring to war. I have 790 dragons, and still buying. But I dont have enough weapons and armour. But buying dragons is still gives best bang for buck over weapons.
    If you are sending in unequipped units, indestructible or not, dragons or not...and they don't even have a 1/1 weapon and an 0/3 armor.

Then you are failing yourself.

Yes, adding allies is great. But, in the same regards of not having enough "quality" or "quantity" of units to bring in with those allies; if you don't have the equipment as well, then you need to step back and add allies at a rate where you're getting the full benefit.
    Last edited by jonny0284; 01-11-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: * grammar
    Knights & Dragons
    My Code: XBB - HBY - YPD
    Level 101

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Johnny is dead on. You need to start farming equipment. Farming equipment is a easy process and you should always have a weapon and armor equiped for every unit...Switch to PvE and get more equipment