Has The Intro of Factions Changed The Forum....

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Has The Forum Changed since Faction Play?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is a better place

6 15.38%
  • It is a worse place

24 61.54%
  • It is exactly the same

9 23.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has The Intro of Factions Changed The Forum....

Post Count

Has The Intro of Factions Changed The Forum....

So what do you think the introduction of factions did to our forum?

Post Count
    I can't vote on this one as I didn't check the forums before the faction element was introduced. I don't know how the forums were before but if not for factions...I would not be on the forums...for better or worse.
    McGurt Assisted Living
    I just sh!t my pants. PM for details.

Banned
    PREVIOUSLY BANNED SO BE CAREFUL OF THIS ONE, SHE MUST BE DANGEROUS
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Durt McGurt View Post
    I can't vote on this one as I didn't check the forums before the faction element was introduced. I don't know how the forums were before but if not for factions...I would not be on the forums...for better or worse.
    More bravado and chest beating by a few. Hey, but if that makes them feel good reading there own drivel then thats OK. I am hopeful it brings a lot more people here to discuss matters and drown out the unnecessary bravado.

So I won't vote because its a worse place right now for my personal experience but I think it will end up a better place because of it.

Prominent Poet King little fruit fly's Avatar
    Michigan's tiny city called Beverly Hills
    Post Count
    It is not the same for sure, since a lot of old timers are chatting within themselves only now. There is no need to come here anymore with the in-game forum.
    PM me with your WD points to join an awesome top 25 family;

Yip, SMILE and PENGUINCOTT!

“Life is too important to be taken seriously!”

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It is void of any usefulness. No offense.

Put that in your poll.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Post Count
    In my opinion, it's pitted everyone against each other. The once whole forum is now separated and clawing at each other's throats. Factions made it a race to the top and to stomp on anyone who gets in your way.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudebot121256 View Post
    In my opinion, it's pitted everyone against each other. The once whole forum is now separated and clawing at each other's throats. Factions made it a race to the top and to stomp on anyone who gets in your way.
    little bot, you are right on, remember that beastlyman said it yesterday about kicking out soccerstud for sharing valuable information like how the wd pts were determined here.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by King little fruit fly View Post
    little bot, you are right on, remember that beastlyman said it yesterday about kicking out soccerstud for sharing valuable information like how the wd pts were determined here.
    If soccerstud shared that information before factions were added, I'd safely bet that everyone would thank him and other people would even add on to his idea. But not anymore.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by King little fruit fly View Post
    He takes this GAME waaaaayyyy too seriously. Most of you do. That's all it is, a game, meant to pass time.

Post Count
    I used to find it a fun, helpful, entertaining place. Now, not so much.

Post Count
    Yes, the forum has changed. It used to be a helpful place full of knowledge and people like TrampStamp making new guides every other day helping out the new players. Now it's full of people like PJ, just trying to stir up trouble and posting stupid threads about how great PUN is and how they will win. Who cares? (That's just an example). There is also trolls, and too much recruitment threads and almost no helpful information. I say thanks to the people who still contribute like mxz and others.
    Last edited by SoccerStud; 02-18-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Post Count
    i find that theres alot of self-righteousness emerging as well. high ranked faction players refusing to acknowledge that theres alot of things going on in not-so-pro factions, problems they just dont have with 40 goldspending and well informed members. this used to be a casual game - it is not anymore.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 1earEddie View Post
    Hey buddy, thanks for trying so hard...they will never get it ...they will continue
    to donate to Gree...why? Because they have no sense...they only have ...
    self interest sense....reason why our country gets in so much trouble ...democracy
    only works if you have educated fellows...we have too many stupid fellows..here
    and everywhere...no worries mate...FFP ok...not my job...God job

Eddie is the only good thing here happens after the stupid WD event kicks off.

Post Count
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately. It has changed immensely. Maybe because of the factions, but a year ago when the game was still relatively new it was people sharing information and helping others. Not to say it was kumbaya, but it was much more about strategy and yeh, people giving others some crap and having some fun.

Now it seems to be more about *****ing and chest thumping. Its not an awful place and sharing of information is still around but it's less of a community than it once was. Are there still Friday night fights? I miss the Bronson award threads. Is name that forumite still around?

But the game has changed to. I just posted on another thread that what used to take people months to do (build IPH, build stats, etc) takes a fraction of the time now with boss events, factions, crates, mega money buildings, LEs, higher vault limit, etc.) I can remember going to the Docks to farm Amphibious Troopers. Lol! Does anyone still do that?!

I sound old, but no I didn't walk to school barefoot and uphill both ways.
    “Nembutol numbs it all
    But I prefer alcohol"

-J. Strummer

CB - VFF Elite Rangers

Post Count
    I should also say that the great thing about the factions is I've gotten to team, strategize, get to know and become friends with some great folks from around the world. In the smaller groups you get to know people much better.
    “Nembutol numbs it all
    But I prefer alcohol"

-J. Strummer

CB - VFF Elite Rangers