Alliances Between Guilds

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alliances Between Guilds

Banned
    Post Count

Alliances Between Guilds

I know the point of guilds is destroy one another during crusade time while scratching and clawing our way to the next big ranking. I also know there will be viciously underhanded guild strategy, as well as those who adhere to strict codes of honor and conduct.

I'm wondering if there would be any benefit to declaring no-fire pacts/truces with other guilds whose philosophy or in-game conduct mirror that of your own. For example, I think the Dragon Warrior conglomerate is great, and I suspect that our two guilds are so disparately numbered that we will never go head to head in a crusade war.

Would a so-called United Guild Nation be appropriate? Not necessarily agreeing to never attack one another during crusades, but perhaps agreeing to never go down the path of poor gamesmanship...

Post Count
    I have not yet made my choice of guilds but I think this is a fantastic idea and I hope a lot of guilds agree to this. Maybe come up with some sort of pact that guild leaders "sign" with some simple standards agreed to adhere to.

All your manor are belong to us.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    we should get all guilds to agree to this. that would be fun.

Banned
    Post Count
    It would be nice. But I think there are some very competitive players in KA who live by the "All's fair in love and war" credo who would never agree to play above the belt.

I want a Geneva Conference of honor-bound guilds who aren't interested in being one the axis of underhanded evil. Some semblance of a nuclear armistice. You agree to play fair, bottom line.

And this may well be some pie-in-the-sky stuff right here...but I guess that's why they call me a dreamer.

Banned
    Post Count
    this type of suggestions makes me proud to be in your guild

Verbose Veteran The_Legend_Shall_Live_On's Avatar
    Post Count
    I also like the sound of this. However, isn't it true that during a Guild War (at least from the description given in another thread, of how it works with other Gree games) you get randomly paired up against another guild of similar strengths and weaknesses?

If this is taken into account, I'm also for it.
    Since April 2012

And for laughs...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I was wondering the same thing myself. I am sure the Golden Horde would be interested in this.

Post Count
    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by jonny0284; 03-02-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Knights & Dragons
    My Code: XBB - HBY - YPD
    Level 101

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Weezy View Post
    I know the point of guilds is destroy one another during crusade time while scratching and clawing our way to the next big ranking. I also know there will be viciously underhanded guild strategy, as well as those who adhere to strict codes of honor and conduct.

I'm wondering if there would be any benefit to declaring no-fire pacts/truces with other guilds whose philosophy or in-game conduct mirror that of your own. For example, I think the Dragon Warrior conglomerate is great, and I suspect that our two guilds are so disparately numbered that we will never go head to head in a crusade war.

Would a so-called United Guild Nation be appropriate? Not necessarily agreeing to never attack one another during crusades, but perhaps agreeing to never go down the path of poor gamesmanship...
    I like the United Guild Nation idea a lot. I've been thinking about a few things...

1. Have a forum thread listing all the guilds that are part of this treaty. The treaty will consist on a "cease fire mode/forbidden to attack" another member of a participating guild unless randomly paired during an on-going crusade/campaign. That includes not hitting users of participating guild for gold/stones.

2. If a member of a participating guild fails to obey and attacks another participaing guild member, the offender will have a 3 strike system, after 3 strikes, he/she will have to be excommunicated from their guild and forbidden to join any participating guild. He/she will be added in the offender's list. If a guild does not want to remove the offending member, then the guild will have to be removed from the pact.

3. A player in the offender's list will get the chance to reapply to a participating guild after a period of time, perhaps 1-3 month ban. Offender's list should be kept active by a designated President of the United Guild Nation. The President should be elected by general elections. Each participating guild should have 1 vote. President should overseen any issues between guild and help remediate them.

4. All players will need to create a ticket with support to show their guild TAGs plus a symbol, this is to help avoid making any mistakes and attacking a member of a participating guild. Something like (FBI*), the * would help participating players know not to attack them.

So far those are my comments...

If anyone wants to go for it, we can add/modify it...
    Jesus - 614-298-890 (KA)
    Lvl 176- 591.3k A - 596.6k D - 21.9k IPH - 500 Allies

Looking for guilds? Please join us.
    756-470-120

Current guild bonuses:
    +23% upgrade speed
    +23% upgrade cost reduction
    +10% casualty decrease
    +24 guild member

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny0284 View Post
    All's fair in love & war.
    My original post in this thread was made with you specifically in mind, jonny boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeshu
    I like the United Guild Nation idea a lot. I've been thinking about a few things...
    That's a good start, Jeshu! I like the idea of a treaty thread. I think with the exception of a couple troll guilds, this should be adopted pretty unanimously by people who believe in fair play. If they don't want to play fair, then never engage or be engaged with that guild in a crusade battle, period. A version of sanctioning, if you will.

As an aside, contrary to what some on this forum would like us all to believe, the line in the sand doesn't exist between free and gem players; the only line I know of separates the proud and honourable from the cowardly and avaricious.

Post Count
    jonny`s the bad boy everywhere )

big weezy good luck with that... and be careful who`s joining your guild , remember there`s gonna be a war... one member can screw everything
    Kingdom Age 238-864-928 P3rfUZZI3

AT MY SIGNAL UNLEASH HELL !!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfuzzie View Post
    jonny`s the bad boy everywhere )

big weezy good luck with that... and be careful who`s joining your guild , remember there`s gonna be a war... one member can screw everything
    For example , you ?
    So you found the God, huh? That's awesome.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstrol View Post
    For example , you ?
    im loyal to my guild winstrol , unlike others i know my place .
    Kingdom Age 238-864-928 P3rfUZZI3

AT MY SIGNAL UNLEASH HELL !!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Weezy View Post
    As an aside, contrary to what some on this forum would like us all to believe, the line in the sand doesn't exist between free and gem players; the only line I know of separates the proud and honourable from the cowardly and avaricious.
    This! And the similar line that divides those who care about the greater good and those who care only about themselves (or about the very few, who are basically an extension of the self).

All your manor are belong to us.

Post Count
    Deleted by me.
    Last edited by jonny0284; 03-02-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Knights & Dragons
    My Code: XBB - HBY - YPD
    Level 101