The Billionaires Guide to Boss Events - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 221

Thread: The Billionaires Guide to Boss Events

  1. #106
    Verbose Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    look behind you ;-)
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by is1j View Post
    The middle option is not double free attack any longer. My free attack was 28531 and the $ option resulted in 42904 score. A lot less than double. What gives?
    I think that a free hit does 2/3 times the damage of a cash hit.
    You are thinking the wrong way, a cash hit isn't dependent on your free hit, it's the other way around.


    Proud Member of Bones, top 10 now

  2. #107
    Articulate Author
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    263
    Fun fact:

    Assuming 5%/10%/85% on the drop rate for an average of 80 ATT per item, a weapon of 2900 attack for the boss 40 prize (since nobody reported it yet), and 1xp for every boss trigger, every single milestone has nearly exactly the same ATT/XP ratio!

    L20 - Total Att: 2411 - Total XP: 1170 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.06
    L30 - Total Att: 5215 - Total XP: 2505 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.08
    L40 - Total Att: 8915 - Total XP: 4340 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.05
    L50 - Total Att: 13641 - Total XP: 6675 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.04

    Damn thats a lot of XP.. Collect 10 events are definitely ultimate camper event. I gott, hmm, maybe 2500 attack last collect 10 for about 100 xp. Granted I was lucky enough to hit the 10th item, but still, wayyyyy better than boss events.

    Anyone ever calculate their ATT/XP on a LTQ? Syndicate battle?

  3. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    56
    Sad to see billionaire bump his own threads and call for a sticky.

    Sad day indeed.

  4. #109
    Articulate Author c00guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by ****Trickle View Post
    Fun fact:

    Assuming 5%/10%/85% on the drop rate for an average of 80 ATT per item, a weapon of 2900 attack for the boss 40 prize (since nobody reported it yet), and 1xp for every boss trigger, every single milestone has nearly exactly the same ATT/XP ratio!

    L20 - Total Att: 2411 - Total XP: 1170 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.06
    L30 - Total Att: 5215 - Total XP: 2505 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.08
    L40 - Total Att: 8915 - Total XP: 4340 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.05
    L50 - Total Att: 13641 - Total XP: 6675 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.04

    Damn thats a lot of XP.. Collect 10 events are definitely ultimate camper event. I gott, hmm, maybe 2500 attack last collect 10 for about 100 xp. Granted I was lucky enough to hit the 10th item, but still, wayyyyy better than boss events.

    Anyone ever calculate their ATT/XP on a LTQ? Syndicate battle?
    Yep that's what I was referring to! Boss events may have better prizes but their ATT/XP ratio is nothing compared to crates! Crates are 25x ATT/XP whereas boss is 2x!!! Thanks ****Trickle


    Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

  5. #110
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    30
    Awesome thanks

  6. #111
    Articulate Author panty sniffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Your Back Alley
    Posts
    363
    I'm pretty sure the rate of Rares and Uncommon increases the higher the boss level though i'm not sure by what percent or if this would skew the ratio in a meaningful way. Regardless, Crates are definitely the best attk/XP ratio but only doing crate events makes the game a little too boring for my taste. That's what my camper account is for


  7. #112
    Articulate Author c00guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by panty sniffer View Post
    I'm pretty sure the rate of Rares and Uncommon increases the higher the boss level though i'm not sure by what percent or if this would skew the ratio in a meaningful way. Regardless, Crates are definitely the best attk/XP ratio but only doing crate events makes the game a little too boring for my taste. That's what my camper account is for
    Haha, cmon sniffer, you did boss in your camper as well!! Lol


    Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

  8. #113
    Prominent Poet BigMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,339
    Quote Originally Posted by ****Trickle View Post
    Fun fact:

    Assuming 5%/10%/85% on the drop rate for an average of 80 ATT per item, a weapon of 2900 attack for the boss 40 prize (since nobody reported it yet), and 1xp for every boss trigger, every single milestone has nearly exactly the same ATT/XP ratio!

    L20 - Total Att: 2411 - Total XP: 1170 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.06
    L30 - Total Att: 5215 - Total XP: 2505 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.08
    L40 - Total Att: 8915 - Total XP: 4340 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.05
    L50 - Total Att: 13641 - Total XP: 6675 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.04

    Damn thats a lot of XP.. Collect 10 events are definitely ultimate camper event. I gott, hmm, maybe 2500 attack last collect 10 for about 100 xp. Granted I was lucky enough to hit the 10th item, but still, wayyyyy better than boss events.

    Anyone ever calculate their ATT/XP on a LTQ? Syndicate battle?
    Yes, because 100 30a/30d items are just as valuable as one 3000a/3000d item, right? You'll get to a point eventually (presumably) where commons no longer help you, and then your silly ATT/XP ratio as some sort of guide with implode.

    Quote Originally Posted by panty sniffer View Post
    I'm pretty sure the rate of Rares and Uncommon increases the higher the boss level though i'm not sure by what percent or if this would skew the ratio in a meaningful way. Regardless, Crates are definitely the best attk/XP ratio but only doing crate events makes the game a little too boring for my taste. That's what my camper account is for
    I don't know what it is 1-40 (as it's possible it might change within that span, and I only have a few of my boss events to look at which is hardly conclusive) but I believe after level 50, the spread is something like 30R/40U/30C.

  9. #114
    Articulate Author c00guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Yes, because 100 30a/30d items are just as valuable as one 3000a/3000d item, right? You'll get to a point eventually (presumably) where commons no longer help you, and then your silly ATT/XP ratio as some sort of guide with implode.
    True, but that only makes it better for crate events! Boss events give out a lot of small stats commons. Crate stats start from what an uncommon boss weapon would be! Yes, the boss top prize is much better, but look at all the low stats weapons you got, which could skew the 25x ATT/XP to worse in effective ATT terms!!


    Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

  10. #115
    Prominent Poet BigMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,339
    The crates only became somewhat viable for campers because they greatly increased the odds of opening a 10th case. Before that, you would have need a few hundred cases and a lot of gold to ensure you'd get the 10th. And the crate events are almost worthless without the 10th item.

    You only get 4-5 items from a crate. For the last event, the 4th item, the one for 9 successful opens, was a 255/210 melee item (Bit O' Bling), which is weaker than a rare item (and I've never gotten to L40 without earning at least a few rares). I can't remember what the other items were, but I remember thinking they were practically worthless. This ATT/XP notion only makes sense in the context of being weak enough that your 500th item is negligible.

    Edit: if you want to get overly technical with all this camper wet dream stuff, the obvious choice as the best camper event is the Limited Time Buildings. Items, no XP.

    And if the goal is to earn stats without gaining XP, it'd be a lot simpler just purchasing a bunch of gold items.
    Last edited by BigMoney; 06-11-2013 at 12:09 AM.

  11. #116
    Steady Scribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    83
    Is there a way of activating the 'epic boss approaching' without earning any exp??

  12. #117
    Prominent Poet BigMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Christurbo View Post
    Is there a way of activating the 'epic boss approaching' without earning any exp??
    Lose a fight. But really, is 1XP going to kill you?

  13. #118
    Verbose Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    look behind you ;-)
    Posts
    796
    Why'd they make the boss event so easy this time? Only 30 bosses for the final prize. I'm already about to beat 25.


    Proud Member of Bones, top 10 now

  14. #119
    Articulate Author c00guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    The crates only became somewhat viable for campers because they greatly increased the odds of opening a 10th case. Before that, you would have need a few hundred cases and a lot of gold to ensure you'd get the 10th. And the crate events are almost worthless without the 10th item.

    You only get 4-5 items from a crate. For the last event, the 4th item, the one for 9 successful opens, was a 255/210 melee item (Bit O' Bling), which is weaker than a rare item (and I've never gotten to L40 without earning at least a few rares). I can't remember what the other items were, but I remember thinking they were practically worthless. This ATT/XP notion only makes sense in the context of being weak enough that your 500th item is negligible.

    Edit: if you want to get overly technical with all this camper wet dream stuff, the obvious choice as the best camper event is the Limited Time Buildings. Items, no XP.

    And if the goal is to earn stats without gaining XP, it'd be a lot simpler just purchasing a bunch of gold items.
    True, LTB is the best!! Gold items, yuk Although I still think IMHO that crate events are better than boss in terms of effective ATT/XP, regardless of your stats


    Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

  15. #120
    Prominent Poet BigMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,339
    Quote Originally Posted by candyson View Post
    Why'd they make the boss event so easy this time? Only 30 bosses for the final prize. I'm already about to beat 25.
    You're not going to get the final prize at 30. Go to your Goal list and read it carefully. Mine says "Defeat Heidi Klaus 30 times to receive the Madam's Prestige." I believe you actually need to beat the boss 50 times to earn the final prize. So... it's harder than usual. I hope you're happy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •