The Billionaires Guide to Boss Events - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Billionaires Guide to Boss Events

Verbose Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by is1j View Post
    The middle option is not double free attack any longer. My free attack was 28531 and the $ option resulted in 42904 score. A lot less than double. What gives?
    I think that a free hit does 2/3 times the damage of a cash hit.
    You are thinking the wrong way, a cash hit isn't dependent on your free hit, it's the other way around.

Proud Member of Bones, top 10 now

Articulate Author
    Fun fact:

Assuming 5%/10%/85% on the drop rate for an average of 80 ATT per item, a weapon of 2900 attack for the boss 40 prize (since nobody reported it yet), and 1xp for every boss trigger, every single milestone has nearly exactly the same ATT/XP ratio!

L20 - Total Att: 2411 - Total XP: 1170 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.06
    L30 - Total Att: 5215 - Total XP: 2505 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.08
    L40 - Total Att: 8915 - Total XP: 4340 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.05
    L50 - Total Att: 13641 - Total XP: 6675 - ATT/XP Ratio: 2.04

Damn thats a lot of XP.. Collect 10 events are definitely ultimate camper event. I gott, hmm, maybe 2500 attack last collect 10 for about 100 xp. Granted I was lucky enough to hit the 10th item, but still, wayyyyy better than boss events.

Anyone ever calculate their ATT/XP on a LTQ? Syndicate battle?

Banned
    Sad to see billionaire bump his own threads and call for a sticky.

Sad day indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ****Trickle View Post
    Fun fact:

Assuming 5%/10%/85% on the drop rate for an average of 80 ATT per item, a weapon of 2900 attack for the boss 40 prize (since nobody reported it yet), and 1xp for every boss trigger, every single milestone has nearly exactly the same ATT/XP ratio!

Damn thats a lot of XP.. Collect 10 events are definitely ultimate camper event. I gott, hmm, maybe 2500 attack last collect 10 for about 100 xp. Granted I was lucky enough to hit the 10th item, but still, wayyyyy better than boss events.

Yep that's what I was referring to! Boss events may have better prizes but their ATT/XP ratio is nothing compared to crates! Crates are 25x ATT/XP whereas boss is 2x!!! Thanks ****Trickle

Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

Awesome thanks

Articulate Author panty sniffer's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure the rate of Rares and Uncommon increases the higher the boss level though i'm not sure by what percent or if this would skew the ratio in a meaningful way. Regardless, Crates are definitely the best attk/XP ratio but only doing crate events makes the game a little too boring for my taste. That's what my camper account is for

Quote Originally Posted by panty sniffer View Post
    I'm pretty sure the rate of Rares and Uncommon increases the higher the boss level though i'm not sure by what percent or if this would skew the ratio in a meaningful way. Regardless, Crates are definitely the best attk/XP ratio but only doing crate events makes the game a little too boring for my taste. That's what my camper account is for
    Haha, cmon sniffer, you did boss in your camper as well!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ****Trickle View Post
    Fun fact:

Yes, because 100 30a/30d items are just as valuable as one 3000a/3000d item, right? You'll get to a point eventually (presumably) where commons no longer help you, and then your silly ATT/XP ratio as some sort of guide with implode.

Quote Originally Posted by panty sniffer View Post
    I don't know what it is 1-40 (as it's possible it might change within that span, and I only have a few of my boss events to look at which is hardly conclusive) but I believe after level 50, the spread is something like 30R/40U/30C.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Yes, because 100 30a/30d items are just as valuable as one 3000a/3000d item, right? You'll get to a point eventually (presumably) where commons no longer help you, and then your silly ATT/XP ratio as some sort of guide with implode.
    True, but that only makes it better for crate events! Boss events give out a lot of small stats commons. Crate stats start from what an uncommon boss weapon would be! Yes, the boss top prize is much better, but look at all the low stats weapons you got, which could skew the 25x ATT/XP to worse in effective ATT terms!!

The crates only became somewhat viable for campers because they greatly increased the odds of opening a 10th case. Before that, you would have need a few hundred cases and a lot of gold to ensure you'd get the 10th. And the crate events are almost worthless without the 10th item.

You only get 4-5 items from a crate. For the last event, the 4th item, the one for 9 successful opens, was a 255/210 melee item (Bit O' Bling), which is weaker than a rare item (and I've never gotten to L40 without earning at least a few rares). I can't remember what the other items were, but I remember thinking they were practically worthless. This ATT/XP notion only makes sense in the context of being weak enough that your 500th item is negligible.

Edit: if you want to get overly technical with all this camper wet dream stuff, the obvious choice as the best camper event is the Limited Time Buildings. Items, no XP.

And if the goal is to earn stats without gaining XP, it'd be a lot simpler just purchasing a bunch of gold items.
    Last edited by BigMoney; 06-11-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Is there a way of activating the 'epic boss approaching' without earning any exp??

Quote Originally Posted by Christurbo View Post
    Is there a way of activating the 'epic boss approaching' without earning any exp??
    Lose a fight. But really, is 1XP going to kill you?

Verbose Veteran
    Why'd they make the boss event so easy this time? Only 30 bosses for the final prize. I'm already about to beat 25.

Proud Member of Bones, top 10 now

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    The crates only became somewhat viable for campers because they greatly increased the odds of opening a 10th case. Before that, you would have need a few hundred cases and a lot of gold to ensure you'd get the 10th. And the crate events are almost worthless without the 10th item.

You only get 4-5 items from a crate. For the last event, the 4th item, the one for 9 successful opens, was a 255/210 melee item (Bit O' Bling), which is weaker than a rare item (and I've never gotten to L40 without earning at least a few rares). I can't remember what the other items were, but I remember thinking they were practically worthless. This ATT/XP notion only makes sense in the context of being weak enough that your 500th item is negligible.

Edit: if you want to get overly technical with all this camper wet dream stuff, the obvious choice as the best camper event is the Limited Time Buildings. Items, no XP.

And if the goal is to earn stats without gaining XP, it'd be a lot simpler just purchasing a bunch of gold items.
    True, LTB is the best!! Gold items, yuk Although I still think IMHO that crate events are better than boss in terms of effective ATT/XP, regardless of your stats

Quote Originally Posted by candyson View Post
    Why'd they make the boss event so easy this time? Only 30 bosses for the final prize. I'm already about to beat 25.
    You're not going to get the final prize at 30. Go to your Goal list and read it carefully. Mine says "Defeat Heidi Klaus 30 times to receive the Madam's Prestige." I believe you actually need to beat the boss 50 times to earn the final prize. So... it's harder than usual. I hope you're happy.