I am level 9 with these stats:

Code:
    IPH: 1639
    Gold: 2526 - NOTE I USUALLY HAVE 10K
    # Of Weapons: 44
    # Of Armour: 29
    ATK: 789
    DEF: 844
    Would you say I am doing good? I am a Free2Play member.

Also how is atk and def calculated. If you could, provide some pseudo code.
    Last edited by JBearden13; 03-05-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    no
    good luck

Post Count
    I meant for my level you fool.

Post Count
    Those stats for your level are fine. Being your only at level 9, it's hard to say how well your character will evolve. It would be easier to tell if you need improvement when you are around level 50. Don't rush though, take your time, upgrade buildings, raid as many good buildings as you can find. The first big step is to build a breeding den, upgrade it to level 10...and then start cranking out a massive dragon army. Again, be patient and don't out level your stats. I see people at my level that ate still in the 40k range in stats...they should be around 100k average. These people ran through the game...out leveled their stats. They are pretty much doomed.

Post Count
    With a bit of planning and some patience it's possible as a free player to average 1K per level. Choose your army strategy (attack & defence units), get the best weapons you can afford and build your economy.
    Dont level too fast and choose your Events wisely (Bosses for beginners, LTQs for the more experienced)

Treat it as a marathon not a sprint.

Good luck.

www.b4ye.com

Finance Officer | Recruitment Officer | Ship's Cat

Invite Code: 597-664-572

Upgrade Speed: +23%
    Upgrade Cost: +23%
    Casualty Decrease: +19%
    Health Regeneration: +14%

The Guild looks after its players . . . the players take care of the Guild.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Indeed, 1k per lvl is a good guide line. Once above lvl50 it's a bit more as 1k per lvl.

Post Count
    My rule was: don't level up until my stats are 90-95th percentile at my current level. Still on track well past lvl 100. Enjoy the ride and a year from now you'll still love it. Rush it and you'll stall and die.

Consistent Contributor Battle Mage's Avatar
    Post Count
    In addition to the strategies proposed by Patrician and me&You, my rule of thumb was stats at 1.2 x level. (Or D at least)
    I did the 'take a good look around every few levels' thing to see how I was tracking and the results of the '95% rule' or 'level x 1.2' I found pretty much the same.

The 1.2xL just saves the looking around.... ;-)

Beyond L50, or when ever you get dragons, that multiplier should go up rapidly for a while until you're 'fully stocked' with dragons. The proportion of your stats will also tip towards Attack because of the dragon stats over-riding most other units.

I'm still in that phase, so I can't comment on say, above L100, etc.
    Last edited by Battle Mage; 03-05-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    above lvl 100 its really funny to look around at peoples stats. I meet people with near max allies and half my damage and defence, while i only have 185 allies, and i run into people like sleazius on the forum, 100k+ attack/def with just a small amount of allies. Almost makes me sad when i hit someone and he turns out to have an armor as his best defensive unit, or if he has several LTQ prices and still gets his ass kicked by me.

Post Count
    Thanks, how is def and atk calculated?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Mage View Post

The 1.2xL just saves the looking around.... ;-)
    11/12 forumites found this to be the best answer.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JBearden13 View Post
    Thanks, how is def and atk calculated?
    Number of units you take to battle (function of the number of allies you have) and their raw Att/Def scores.
    Plus Army weapons and armour. Plus any boosts from buildings etc.
    KA [DW] Angel 273-518-398
    MQ Nakor 683-670-209

Post Count
    I am mainly purchasing money buildings raising them to level 3 then upgrading a level to get the next money buildings. I know camping is frowned upon but it is my game account and ill play it how I want. I thank you guys for the tips and helpful responses

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JBearden13 View Post
    I am mainly purchasing money buildings raising them to level 3 then upgrading a level to get the next money buildings. I know camping is frowned upon but it is my game account and ill play it how I want. I thank you guys for the tips and helpful responses
    Who says camping is frown upon? The way this game is designed, it's as if they wanted you to camp. It's going to take 326 hrs just to upgrade one silo building to lvl 10, that's 2 full weeks!

But like you stated, it's your game, so you can play however way you wants.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I would recommend the stickies at the top, particularly the ones labelled for new players. All of those questions and more are answered there.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013