Why isn't there actually a faction called "Alex" on the leaderboard?

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't there actually a faction called "Alex" on the leaderboard?

Post Count

Why isn't there actually a faction called "Alex" on the leaderboard?

Probably a silly question, but why isn't there actually a faction called "Alex" on the leaderboard?
    WoN: PH-GAMECOCK
    W1- TeamPH oldest and most powerful alliance in the game
    W2- KoNE
    W3- TeamPH

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Alex is just a name some try-hards use for all their faction members so that in WD, people can't figure out who to attack in wars.
    As far as I know it isn't the name of a faction.

Banned
    Post Count
    The OP has cleverly offered you and everyone a nugget of "intel".

The OP has obeyed the rules by doing it this way.

OP, thank you.

Post Count
    That is a good question.
    Alex is the default name chosen by the programmers or developers to use when someone has an invalid name (ie. profanity or personal.)
    But there doesn't seem to be a profanity clause in faction names. We have all seen the list of funniest factions. By now someone would have had their faction named to the default.

-J

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Quote Originally Posted by Jhenry02 View Post
    That is a good question.
    Alex is the default name chosen by the programmers or developers to use when someone has an invalid name (ie. profanity or personal.)
    But there doesn't seem to be a profanity clause in faction names. We have all seen the list of funniest factions. By now someone would have had their faction named to the default.

-J
    Unlike player names, faction names are unique. We thought about going with "Alex1, Alex2" or whatever and then decided to just use generic-sounding names for slightly-over-the-line guilds that get reported.

For the REALLY bad ones, we use a Magical Pony name generator we found online.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Unlike player names, faction names are unique. We thought about going with "Alex1, Alex2" or whatever and then decided to just use generic-sounding names for slightly-over-the-line guilds that get reported.

Or just call them Magical Pony1 or 2 or 3 and so on

Also, I've been meaning to go back through the winners lists for particularly bad ones, but if anyone spots a vile one in the meantime, let me know.

Post Count

Thanks for the input CJ54!
    If I someday decide to start 3rd account, ill start a "Mark" faction or guild, lol.
    W2- KoNE
    W3- TeamPH

Articulate Author NakedCherryPie's Avatar
    Yer mother be so fat, she be falling off both sides of yer ship, ye toothless, sorry stowaway! ... L
    Post Count

Also, I've been meaning to go back through the winners lists for particularly bad ones, but if anyone spots a vile one in the meantime, let me know.
    Why do I have to call you out for responding to this thread, but not another thread that should be getting some attention? If that is what your company wants(as most of us see it), then let them know it's gonna effect the bottom line, and very soon. Don't underestimate the power of one little bare fruit pastry, in a short amount of time.
    Attack - about a million
    Defense - over a million
    IPH - What's this? LMFAO
    Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them. - Lou Holtz

Post Count
    Ya I really wondered about that CJ54. The forum has been a "PG" rated forum, but there are definitely some "blue" player and faction names out there.
    W2- KoNE
    W3- TeamPH

Post Count
    That is because I haven't changed my name to Alex yet!

Lurker
    Post Count
    I was wondering why everyone was named Alex that's hillarious

Post Count
    No alex factions? lol
    1686, Alexs Armed Allies, 131744
    Winners list...
    Non-Modern War player, War of Nations only!

Post Count
    well how about those two "waffen ss" factions at ranks 439 and 442 in china? they might not be profane in the usual sense, but hey they refer to mass murder, genocide and a full blown world war some 70 years ago.

So THAT's how our faction got the name "Twilight Sparkle"!