Dead Forum... No longer a dying forum

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Forum... No longer a dying forum

Banned
    Post Count

Unhappy Dead Forum... No longer a dying forum

So sad that what once was a thriving forum with many great people posting regularly, has turned into a once a day at best forum to read (and this is only to find 1 post worth reading most of the time now...). For you new people this forum used to be full of people responding to threads, creating threads, sharing info, having a good time, and many people having to visit every few hours just to stay caught up. The few changed everything for the many...

Banned
    Post Count
    The game philosophy has changed over the past half year. The change to the forum is just a reflection of that. The quality of a game and the quality of its forum are usually correlated.

Banned
    Post Count
    It is more than that sparckle, as you know... but I guess I shouldn't say anything before I have to turn into Baistin...

Post Count
    The day of mass disappearances had something to do with it.
    Kingdom Age:
    541-130-719
    378-473-726

Articulate Author Dirt road Joe's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    So sad that what once was a thriving forum with many great people posting regularly, has turned into a once a day at best forum to read (and this is only to find 1 post worth reading most of the time now...). For you new people this forum used to be full of people responding to threads, creating threads, sharing info, having a good time, and many people having to visit every few hours just to stay caught up. The few changed everything for the many...
    You are correct about the forums slowing down to a 'once a day' read. I work night shift here in the states and my job is slow at times. So I find myself on these forums a lot! It seemed like 2 months ago there was a never ending supply of new material to read every time you refreshed the page.
    I have definitely noticed the forums being a slower place. Especially in the last week. But I am not too worried about it. The next LTQ will come out in a few hours and everyone will start posting about it and everyone will spark up conversations again. This current LTQ was a little easier than others, so there wasn't as much research to be done or questions to be asked. Not to mention the 8 day period we had to complete it(which was great).
    The forum will always have a few slow points here and there. If you ever pay attention to the people viewing the forum, there can be hundreds at a time. But only a few post anything. So the forum is still a happening place, people are just being quiet as there is not as many things to discuss.
    Matthew 7:3-5

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zesder View Post
    The day of mass disappearances had something to do with it.
    Shhh I said I didn't want to talk about that and then have to turn into Bastlin! lol

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    Shhh I said I didn't want to talk about that and then have to turn into Bastlin! lol
    And hence Jonny's return to some extent and myself, talk about going from bright vibrant colours to a pasty pastle in 2-3 months, arghh boring and dull, bring back the shine and lustre i say ! get some jokes and fun happening again you stooges !

Post Count
    I think part of it is also the fact that guilds now have their own chat rooms outside of this forum. If I have a question about the game or want to share info... I typically just keep it within the guild rather than coming on here.

KA: 294-054-022
    IGN "War Eagle"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
    I think part of it is also the fact that guilds now have their own chat rooms outside of this forum. If I have a question about the game or want to share info... I typically just keep it within the guild rather than coming on here.
    Thats why im ambitexrious ! i do both cause i was born with 2 hands and 2 eyes ,(no offence to amputee's and such) 1 for each app .

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
    That is what I was going to say.

I still check in here just about every day. And tonight I actually started a new thread here. Maybe it will get people excited? Certainly MoC engaging in our first KA "war" outside the guild battles is exciting for us. The other guys don't seem to like it so much, lol. But they brought it on themselves. :P

All your manor are belong to us.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    That is what I was going to say.

I still check in here just about every day. And tonight I actually started a new thread here. Maybe it will get people excited? Certainly MoC engaging in our first KA "war" outside the guild battles is exciting for us. The other guys don't seem to like it so much, lol. But they brought it on themselves. :P
    Lol - who are you battling with? This sounds like a good alternative :-)
    Carpe Jugulum

"nothing personal. don't know who you are." - v

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhusagar View Post
    Lol - who are you battling with? This sounds like a good alternative :-)
    Not sure if it is a "Battle" as such something about sucking someones Big Toe....mmm something afoot here !

Have you guys also noticed less activity in the game? I'm camping at level 50, and used to be attacked several times a day. Nothing has changed on my side, but I'm attacked about twice a week now. Maybe less players passing through level 50, so less new players?

Post Count
    @SpikedPunch - my guess is this: the more established players in the Northern Hemp are enjoying Summer. It also used to be that around the big school holidays (which may not have started yet in some countries) you'd get a lot of new players hitting everything in sight, but this may not be so evident now as the gap between a fresh player (unless a heavy gemmer) and someone who has been playing consistently for a few months is probably too great to encourage attacks.
    Proud Member of the

KA - 358177252

Honora ante Fidem, Fides ante Ego
    (Honour before Loyalty, Loyalty before Self)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." - Wiseman, Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by echus14 View Post
    @SpikedPunch - my guess is this: the more established players in the Northern Hemp are enjoying Summer.
    Seasons definitely play a part. Warmer weather and longer days...people do indeed go outside.