Faction Points

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Faction Points

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Faction Points

I miss a lot of stuff, but was wondering if there is ever gonna be a purpose to the faction points. Folks work the goals for the sake of the faction rewards. Along the way, the faction points keep growing, but to what end?
    While we're talking about them, there should be a consideration for any points abandoned if/when somebody leaves a faction. Perhaps they're redistributed or put into escrow or something. Just some thoughts.

Post Count
    I am assuming in the future they will be used for something, however, I am also assuming that the reason they dont sit or follow you is to demote faction jumping.
    Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Post Count
    I've always looked at the faction points as a way for factions to measure who in the faction is participating in the faction events. What I don't get is why do you get 10 points for the bosses and 1 point for the LTQs?
    "To have fun and do the best we can. The Sindicate is a collection of players that strives to better themselves while having the best interests of the team at heart." - lwrcspr

SINDICATE 948240115

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by John 719166364 View Post
    I've always looked at the faction points as a way for factions to measure who in the faction is participating in the faction events. What I don't get is why do you get 10 points for the bosses and 1 point for the LTQs?
    depends on how far you are in the fltq. we are on 15/15 prestige and you get 24 for finishing.

Post Count
    Thanks, that makes more sense. Didn't notice it. Do higher level bosses give more points?
    "To have fun and do the best we can. The Sindicate is a collection of players that strives to better themselves while having the best interests of the team at heart." - lwrcspr

SINDICATE 948240115

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    now that I dont know

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by John 719166364 View Post
    Thanks, that makes more sense. Didn't notice it. Do higher level bosses give more points?
    From memory, you get 10 points per boss you beat, regardless the tier.

Plz correct me if Im wrong.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by totaljerkfaceallstar View Post
    From memory, you get 10 points per boss you beat, regardless the tier.

Plz correct me if Im wrong.
    You are correct. They need to tone down the amount of points given on bosses or significantly increase LTQ points.

OSOK is Recruiting for Top 20: www.powerbang.info/OSOK/recruiting

Come see what all the fuss is about

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by pb23 View Post
    You are correct. They need to tone down the amount of points given on bosses or significantly increase LTQ points.
    Or they could award points based on what boss you beat, say every 5 bosses beat you get awarded an extra point, so I beat boss 4 and get x points, when I beat 5 I get x+1 points. (insert a reasonable number for x, like 2 or 3)

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Some good discussion on how the factions points should be valued and accumulated, but I still don't see much utility. Are they going to be just as useful as the hundreds of event cases that I always have leftover?

Aren't most of the programmers located in the 'Peoples Republic of California'? Shouldn't the GREEnies have a recycling program for all of the unopened cases? Just a thought.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane Sickle View Post
    Shouldn't the GREEnies have a recycling program for all of the unopened cases? Just a thought.
    Get to sell them off in a lottery to get concrete/cash/valour. (basically a scratcher)

Hope Gree can read...

Post Count
    Faction points are un fair all around. I can kill targets in the low level FLTW and use 10 energy to get 2 points, later on say 10/10 kill a target that tagets 2,800 energy and get 4 points. Little messed up

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb22250 View Post
    Faction points are un fair all around. I can kill targets in the low level FLTW and use 10 energy to get 2 points, later on say 10/10 kill a target that tagets 2,800 energy and get 4 points. Little messed up
    Absolutely agree.

On the related note, there is some emerging value to the cases in the current event; however, I've only ever gathered a few hundred - certainly not 2000. Very much a lofty goal, especially since I've been working since it started and am already up to 8! Wow!